Dow down 831 points over fears of trade war with China

bo added $10 trillion debt

Why do you think you can just...lie? Why is that?

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion
FY 2018 $833 billion (est)
FY 2019 $984 billion (est)

FY 2009 through FY 2016 = $7.187 trillion.

As you can see, there was a steady downward trend while Obama was President.

With Trump and the GOP, there is a steady upward trend. Trump is well on his way to busting Obama's record wide open.

U.S. budget deficit to top $1-trillion in 2019: budget experts

, but never got just 3% growth. not good

Obama had several quarters over 3 percent, and a few over 4 percent.

If you are talking annual rates, well neither has Trump, dumbass.

Any more lies you wish to have shoved back up your ass whence they came?
Why are you bitching about Trump's debt, when you liked BO's debt?

BO never got a year NEVER with 3% GDP...first POTUS EVER to never do that. Not good.

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

So much for his negotiation skills.

So much for his "art of the deal".

So much for all that "winning".

Major Stock Indexes
4:13 PM EDT 10/10/2018
LAST CHANGE % CHG

DJIA 25598.74 -831.83 -3.15%

Why the US trade war against China is bound to fail

Actually the market is concerned about rapidly increasing bond yields.

But congratulations on today's drop, I'm sure it makes you happy.

Party over country and all.

It's a correction. Even CNN's article says it was expected.

SassyIrishLass
There were at least three years under Obama in which US GDP grew faster than Trump's has.

Show me one time any of you hacks started a topic about what a great job Obama was doing.

Fuck, show me even one POST. Show me an "on fire"!

You fucking hypocritical partisans fucks.

us_gdp_annual.jpg

The honeymoon with Trump and the misconception by his sheep that he's MAGA is quickly coming to an end.

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

S&P is down less than 6%. Another 6% to 10% would be fine.

Transparent partisan wailing notwithstanding.

There is far more to the economy than the markets

Understood. I just don’t care. I have always believed and wil always believe that if we fix our social issues the economy will take care of itself. It doesn’t work the other way around.

The other way around is the only way it works. Social issues are between individuals, fiscal issues are out of our control.

It looks like Bill Clinton has the biggest schlong.

Trump's is below average.

us_gdp_annual.jpg
[/u

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

Total bullshit. They sold of bonds today too and I made money on my bond short. They weren't running for safety. They were profit taking.
It's the third largest point drop in history, dumbass. And the 16th largest percentage drop.

No, the 16th largest percentage drop was in 1932 at 7.15%,

This one at 3.15% doesn't even crack the top 20.

Are you mistaken, or a fucking liar?

List of largest daily changes in the Dow Jones Industrial Average - Wikipedia

[QUOTE="Golfing Gator, post: 20962740, member: 61808”]The other way around is the only way it works. Social issues are between individuals, fiscal issues are out of our control.[/QUOTE]

Not in an Isolationist nation, which is what we should be.

It's no coincidence our GDP growth has been getting more and more sluggish as our debt has gotten bigger and bigger.

So why the FUCK is Trump ACCELERATING our deficits during an economy that is allegedly "on fire"?!?!

us_gdp_annual.jpg

Major Stock Indexes
LAST CHANGE % CHG

S&P is down less than 6%. Another 6% to 10% would be fine.

Transparent partisan wailing notwithstanding.

Since, this is what you do for a living, when was the last time the S&P dropped 12 to 16%?

It looks like Bill Clinton has the biggest schlong.

Trump's is below average.

us_gdp_annual.jpg
[/u
WTF...you like Bubba's schlong. I didn't know you were gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The Dow is 29 percent higher than it was on Trump's inauguration day.

Nice try.

Ignorant, dishonest fuckface. We've been all through this.

The DJIA is based on FUTURE returns. People buy and sell based on what they think will happen in the future.

On Nov 4th, 2016 the Dow closed at 17888.

That was a Friday, if I'm calculating correctly. Over the weekend, Polls started to show that douchebags like Nate Silver, etc, were WAY off base on their guesswork but nobody was willing to believe it quite yet. At least, most weren't.

After Trump was elected, people started having hope for the future so they bought into America.

Which is why you don't like the Markets. You HATE America.

You are a dishonest scumbag.

I recommend you stay out of the Markets. OTOH, dive right in. You deserve to die penniless in the gutter
I’m sure you’d be crediting Trump had the market dropped after the election. And since the market is forward looking, today’s massive drop is because Trump is still likely to be president for another 2+ years, right?

5 out of 10 of the largest point drops in Dow history have been on Trump's watch.

Point-wise or percentage-wise?

I think you're a dishonest dimocrap dirtbag.

He knows it's the points, and he knows that isn't a proper metric.

He just can't help himself.
I had already pointed out today's drop was the 16th largest percentage drop in Dow history, you stupid fuck. See post 12.

Nice try.

And since you dipshits like percentages so much, I also pointed out that the Dow has gone up 29 percent since Trump was sworn in, while it went up 38 percent during the same length of time Obama was President. And Obama started with a severe economic crash on his hands.

So go ahead and show me any post or topic anywhere that either of you hacks put up to praise Obama's superior performance.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Golfing Gator, post: 20962740, member: 61808”]The other way around is the only way it works. Social issues are between individuals, fiscal issues are out of our control.

Not in an Isolationist nation, which is what we should be.[/QUOTE]

No, that is not what that nation should be. If you would like to live an isolationist life as an individual you are more than welcome to do so, nobody would stop you in fact I might send you a check to help you along your way.

The nation should not be Isolationist, because the majority of the citizens do not wish it to be so.

[QUOTE="Golfing Gator, post: 20962740, member: 61808”]The other way around is the only way it works. Social issues are between individuals, fiscal issues are out of our control.

Not in an Isolationist nation, which is what we should be.

No, that is not what that nation should be. If you would like to live an isolationist life as an individual you are more than welcome to do so, nobody would stop you in fact I might send you a check to help you along your way.

The nation should not be Isolationist, because the majority of the citizens do not wish it to be so.[/QUOTE]

Well all this foriegn intervention is working out so well, except for the few who make up the ruling class.

American troops are currently stationed all over the world. It is an EMPIRE.

The United States Probably Has More Foreign Military Bases Than Any Other People, Nation, or Empire in History
And it’s doing us more harm than good.
While there are no freestanding foreign bases permanently located in the United States, there are now around 800 US bases in foreign countries. Seventy years after World War II and 62 years after the Korean War, there are still 174 US “base sites” in Germany, 113 in Japan, and 83 in South Korea, according to the Pentagon. Hundreds more dot the planet in around 80 countries, including Aruba and Australia, Bahrain and Bulgaria, Colombia, Kenya, and Qatar, among many other places. Although few Americans realize it, the United States likely has more bases in foreign lands than any other people, nation, or empire in history.

Oddly enough, however, the mainstream media rarely report or comment on the issue. For years, during debates over the closure of the prison at the base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, nary a pundit or politician wondered why the United States has a base on Cuban territory in the first place or questioned whether we should have one there at all. Rarely does anyone ask if we need hundreds of bases overseas or if, at an estimated annual cost of perhaps $156 billion or more, the United States can afford them. Rarely does anyone wonder how we would feel if China, Russia, or Iran built even a single base anywhere near our borders, let alone in the United States.

bo added $10 trillion debt

Why do you think you can just...lie? Why is that?

Deficits by year:

FY 2009 $1.4 trillion
FY 2010 $1.3 trillion
FY 2011 $1.3 trillion
FY 2012 $1 trillion
FY 2013 $679 billion
FY 2014 $485 billion
FY 2015 $438 billion
FY 2016 $585 billion
FY 2017 $665 billion
FY 2018 $833 billion (est)
FY 2019 $984 billion (est)

FY 2009 through FY 2016 = $7.187 trillion.

As you can see, there was a steady downward trend while Obama was President.

With Trump and the GOP, there is a steady upward trend. Trump is well on his way to busting Obama's record wide open.

U.S. budget deficit to top $1-trillion in 2019: budget experts

, but never got just 3% growth. not good

Obama had several quarters over 3 percent, and a few over 4 percent.

If you are talking annual rates, well neither has Trump, dumbass.

Any more lies you wish to have shoved back up your ass whence they came?
Why are you bitching about Trump's debt, when you liked BO's debt?

BO never got a year NEVER with 3% GDP...first POTUS EVER to never do that. Not good.
Umm, the Bush/Republican housing bubble was the only reason Bush wasn’t the first. And so far, Obama is not the last.

Forum List

Back