Dr Birx: There’s Nothing From the CDC I Can Trust

From your lips to God’s ears. We’ve learned these past four months that the CDC is one of the most inept and corrupt government agencies in DC.

Corrupt? No. And if you look at her complete quote in context you would see her main gripe is that CDC is dealing with antiquated technology (probably due in part to chronic underfunding).

During a task force meeting Wednesday, a heated discussion broke out between Deborah Birx, the physician who oversees the administration’s coronavirus response, and Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Birx and others were frustrated with the CDC’s antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it. Two senior administration officials said the discussion was not heated.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.

The flare-up came two days after it was reported that an internal government model, based on data from the CDC and other agencies, projected the daily death count would rise to 3,000 by June 1.

Redfield defended his agency, but there was general agreement that the CDC is in need of a digital upgrade.

Birx said in a statement: “Mortality is slowly declining each day. To keep with this trend, it is essential that seniors and those with comorbidities shelter in place and that we continue to protect vulnerable communities.”

That assertion is contrary to Johns Hopkins data, which shows U.S. daily deaths hovering close to 2,000 most days for several weeks now, and climbing higher some days last week. Many experts also believe coronavirus deaths are actually being undercounted, with mortality data showing that U.S. deaths soared in the early weeks of pandemic, far beyond the number attributed to covid-19.
The case and death numbers have stopped completely where I am in So IL.

Coyote, are you satisfied by their "diversity management". Do you believe that this is the way forward in defeating the virus?

CDC Diversity and Inclusion Management

CDC’s Office of Minority Health & Health Equity (OMHHE), Diversity & Inclusion Management (DM) leads CDC′s diversity effort by focuses its efforts on fostering the development of a strategic framework in support of CDC′s Diversity Policy which is to ensure that diversity is an integral part of our day-to-day management and public health initiatives. Diversity in gender, race, ethnicity and other unique aspects are what make this agency richly and wonderfully empowered and capable to do the work of health protection and disease prevention for all people.

I would not trust these people to watch my dogs with their bullshit.

Doesn't say anything about lack of merit. It's just a diversity schpeil. The real problem for the CDC is chronic underfunding.

The problem is over-funding. An agency with a focus in diversity instead of getting their shit done should have precisely the funding of zero dollars.

There is no indication that their primary focus is diversity - what you posted read like a schpeil to attract a wide variety of workers. That is no indication that is their "focus". Are you saying because they aren't hiring just white males they should be defunded?

Here is their mission statement and focus: Mission, Role and Pledge | About | CDC

Coyote, are you satisfied by their "diversity management". Do you believe that this is the way forward in defeating the virus?

CDC’s Office of Minority Health & Health Equity (OMHHE), Diversity & Inclusion Management (DM) leads CDC′s diversity effort by focuses its efforts on fostering the development of a strategic framework in support of CDC′s Diversity Policy which is to ensure that diversity is an integral part of our day-to-day management and public health initiatives. Diversity in gender, race, ethnicity and other unique aspects are what make this agency richly and wonderfully empowered and capable to do the work of health protection and disease prevention for all people.

Doesn't say anything about lack of merit. It's just a diversity schpeil. The real problem for the CDC is chronic underfunding.

The problem is over-funding. An agency with a focus in diversity instead of getting their shit done should have precisely the funding of zero dollars.

There is no indication that their primary focus is diversity - what you posted read like a schpeil to attract a wide variety of workers. That is no indication that is their "focus". Are you saying because they aren't hiring just white males they should be defunded?

Their site contained more references to diversity than the Chinese virus - and perhaps still does I haven't checked.

From your lips to God’s ears. We’ve learned these past four months that the CDC is one of the most inept and corrupt government agencies in DC.

Riiiiiiight.

It's the tRump *administration* doing all the lying.

Their site contained more references to diversity than the Chinese virus - and perhaps still does I haven't checked.
Lol, only if you go.to the hiring pages.

We've been over this before. You've fallen for fake news.

Again.

Again.

Their own website is fake news?

Well that may be one of the few true things you have stated. Masks do work contrary to their fake news claims.

Again.

Well that may be one of the few true things you have stated. Masks do work contrary to their fake news claims.
You didn't read my post.

Again.

You didn't read my post.

I read it, you completely failed to illuminate any fake news that were stated by me.

However, the CDC reporting on masks actually is fake news, and dangerous misleading of the public. Why am I paying tax dollars to these professional liars and their Marxist diversity policies which I completely disagree with? Answer: I should not. Cut the funding. These Marxist need to do some real productive work.

Again.

You didn't read my post.

I read it, you completely failed to illuminate any fake news that were stated by me.

However, the CDC reporting on masks actually is fake news, and dangerous misleading of the public. Why am I paying tax dollars to these professional liars and their Marxist diversity policies which I completely disagree with? Answer: I should not. Cut the funding. These Marxist need to do some real productive work.
Obviously you didn't.

Or maybe you just didn't understand it?

Again.

You didn't read my post.

Obviously you didn't.

Or maybe you just didn't understand it?

It's you who didn't understand. No American wants the Marxist agency run on anti-American principles such as "diversity and inclusion" management funded, lying to the public with ease.

Sad..time for some trimming of their budget?
GREAT IDEA in the middle of a pandemic.
Do you even know what CDC stands for?

EPIC FAILURE. THEY HAD ONE FRIGGEN JOB, BUT THEY WERE TOO BUSY WORKING ON RACIAL EQUALITY AND OBESITY.

The ‘masks don’t work but now they do’ CDC is yours to keep.
Racial equality chafes your ass, huh? They said from the get go that masks don't prevent you catching the virus unless you're wearing a N95, and they're still saying that. Masks aren't gonna keep you safe unless everyone is wearing one, which keeps their germs from getting on ya.
How many have died from racism this year vs CV19?

Fucking moron.

Corrupt? No. And if you look at her complete quote in context you would see her main gripe is that CDC is dealing with antiquated technology (probably due in part to chronic underfunding).
Government is by its very nature corrupt unless you remove all laws, basically because it attracts criminals, like Pedos to the Boy Scouts.

As to the outdated nature of their modeling, yeah, GIGO and they should have ditched W.H.O. data as bullshit a long time ago.

Still, I doubt the exagerration of COVID19 deaths is as high as 25%, as that would put us way under Europes numbers by about 75%. Cant buy that.

And the CDC is without logical bounds to its budget, so in essence it is always underfunded.

Here is their mission statement and focus: Mission, Role and Pledge | About | CDC
A thumbs up from Creepatus is all the indication most us need around here to know its horse kaka.

This article is a study in tepid contradictions. It appears that she's just complaining about the lack of concise and accurate information coming out of the CDC about the death count and the distribution of the drug. Honestly, the CDC director was Trump's appointee. Why are you surprised about the operation of this agency under the "leadership" of the current President?
Precisely!

The business insider article used the Washington post as their source, but left a whole bunch out of their short story version.... they edited what was reported in the Wash Post, and did some artistic, twisting and turning.

During a task force meeting Wednesday, a heated discussion broke out between Deborah Birx, the physician who oversees the administration’s coronavirus response, and Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Birx and others were frustrated with the CDC’s antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it. Two senior administration officials said the discussion was not heated.

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx said, according to two of the people.

The flare-up came two days after it was reported that an internal government model, based on data from the CDC and other agencies, projected the daily death count would rise to 3,000 by June 1.

Redfield defended his agency, but there was general agreement that the CDC is in need of a digital upgrade.

Reparding the Remdesvir Drug, that was not the CDC she was arguing with then, it was the assistant Health Secretary for Preparedness and Response that she was upset with too....

During the same meeting, the group also found itself in a robust debate over remdesivir, an experimental drug some administration officials are optimistic could help treat patients with covid-19. Robert Kadlec, assistant health secretary for preparedness and response, said the government had shipped remdesivir to seven states — an announcement that surprised Birx and others, who felt it was premature because they had not yet determined which states needed the drug most.

Sad..time for some trimming of their budget?
Why? They've been chronically UNDERFUNDED for years. How is exacerbating that going to fix anything?
The CDC budget has grown from $5.8 billion in 2014, to over $6.5 billion in 2020.

Jeebus, and that is a cut in your mind?
Hasn't even gone up 2% a year for each year.... did that even cover the cost of living increases/ inflation? ;)
And what was cut out of all the other agencies that had sectors devoted to Pandemic response..... the CDC is NOT the say all be all......

I know they cut the Pandemic Team off of the National Security Counsel, they cut our Scientists embedded in China's CDC, they cut the funding grant for the research on Animal to human virus detection around the world..... and who knows what else?

Birx said in a statement: “Mortality is slowly declining each day. To keep with this trend, it is essential that seniors and those with comorbidities shelter in place and that we continue to protect vulnerable communities.”

That assertion is contrary to Johns Hopkins data, which shows U.S. daily deaths hovering close to 2,000 most days for several weeks now, and climbing higher some days last week. Many experts also believe coronavirus deaths are actually being undercounted, with mortality data showing that U.S. deaths soared in the early weeks of pandemic, far beyond the number attributed to covid-19.
The case and death numbers have stopped completely where I am in So IL.
2 days now with no increase.

Well, thank you Dr. Brix....I never trusted anything from the nose picking bureaucrats at the CDC to begin with....Welcome to the party about three months too late.

Forum List

Back