Dr Ford is outplaying these wrinkly white octogenarians - and they don't even know it!

IF you could back them up, you could post a link.
Correct! And I can. Thanks for that very important statement.

And I can.

Obviously not
Haha, is that how your brain works? Also, the neighbor's dog obviously cannot bite you, because it hasn't.

Logic!

more logic than you've been showing.

(and that's a ridiculous comparison)

are you ASHAMED of your links?

And I can.

Obviously not
Haha, is that how your brain works? Also, the neighbor's dog obviously cannot bite you, because it hasn't.

Logic!

Are you so focused on trolling that you can't look something up for yourself?

Yes, yes you are.

One would think that they'd have realized by now that they have no good options? And for the record, if she decides not to show on Wednesday, she could immediately file a lawsuit against Bart O'Kavanaugh in Maryland - where there is no statute of limitation on rape or attempted rape.

Well, it seems that the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee will continue to play stupid games with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, and with the possibility of her appearing before them next week, when all their kangaroo suits will come back from the cleaners. She wants to appear on Thursday. They now have offered Wednesday, after insisting for several days on a hearing on Monday next. From Politico:

Haven't these people learned yet that they can't make Dr. Ford do anything she doesn't want to do? Haven't they figured out yet that they really don't have decent options? They extended their deadline for Dr. Ford to respond on Friday, and they've already backed off a Monday hearing. They are negotiating very badly, as will often be the case when you have no good negotiating position at all. So, they're scrambling while Kavanaugh's polling numbers sink into the Potomac.

Not only that, but Dr. Ford's team knows very well how to press an advantage.

The GOP has been told that Ford does not want to fly from her California home to Washington, according to a Republican senator, which means she may need to drive across the country to make the hearing. Ford has reportedly told friends she is uncomfortable in confined spaces, indicating a physical difficulty in making the trip by plane.

I wonder why she might be uncomfortable in confined spaces?​

Christine Blasey Ford Is Beating Senate Republicans in Brett Kavanaugh Hearing Negotiations

Well, someone pointed out in another thread that there was a statute of limitations at the time this incident allegedly happened, therefore, she’s SOL on that.

They may be holding out a little longer in hopes that Kavanaugh will withdraw his nomination just so they can avoid the optics.

These are establishment Republicans with no real loyalty to President Trump or the American people. They just want power like the Democrats do.

I couldn't get past the lie in your first sentence.

There is no statute of limitations on rape or attempted rape in Maryland.

You might want to look up the law in Maryland:

No time limit for prosecution of any felony sexual offenses (Smallwood v. State, 51 Md.App. at 468, 443 A.2d at 1006, (in this State a prosecution for a felony “may be instituted anytime during the life of the offender.”))

MD. CODE, CTS. & JUD. PROC. § 5-106 Prosecution for misdemeanors
In principle, within one year after commission ofhe offense
No time limit for prosecution of misdemeanors punishable by penitentiary.
For prosecution of sexual offense in the fourth

And I can.

Obviously not

Logic!

Are you so focused on trolling that you can't look something up for yourself?

Yes, yes you are.

are you so focused on trolling, you can't provide a link to back up your claims?

I'm looking for facts...

you're looking for gotcha crap

One would think that they'd have realized by now that they have no good options? And for the record, if she decides not to show on Wednesday, she could immediately file a lawsuit against Bart O'Kavanaugh in Maryland - where there is no statute of limitation on rape or attempted rape.

Well, it seems that the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee will continue to play stupid games with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, and with the possibility of her appearing before them next week, when all their kangaroo suits will come back from the cleaners. She wants to appear on Thursday. They now have offered Wednesday, after insisting for several days on a hearing on Monday next. From Politico:

Haven't these people learned yet that they can't make Dr. Ford do anything she doesn't want to do? Haven't they figured out yet that they really don't have decent options? They extended their deadline for Dr. Ford to respond on Friday, and they've already backed off a Monday hearing. They are negotiating very badly, as will often be the case when you have no good negotiating position at all. So, they're scrambling while Kavanaugh's polling numbers sink into the Potomac.

The GOP has been told that Ford does not want to fly from her California home to Washington, according to a Republican senator, which means she may need to drive across the country to make the hearing. Ford has reportedly told friends she is uncomfortable in confined spaces, indicating a physical difficulty in making the trip by plane.

Christine Blasey Ford Is Beating Senate Republicans in Brett Kavanaugh Hearing Negotiations

Do you realize not many people actually believe her? And that she won't fly across country won't look so great either?

I hope they vote on Monday or Wed at the latest, no matter what she does.
What makes you think that "not many people" believe her? I think the opposite is true. Maybe not in the conservative echo chamber but everywhere else certainly.

Says the guy who’s rooted inside his own echo chamber.

Political preferences aside, there is more than enough reason to doubt her story. It’s a matter of looking at the evidence as a jury would be expected to look at it. Guilt is to be proven “beyond any reasonable doubt.” Now, I may be shooting myself in the foot here, but you understand what that means, don’t you?

Moving those goalposts all around. You wanted the polling numbers; now that you have them, they're not meaningful.

Fact is, about half the people who have heard her story don't find it credible. Doesn't matter what they think about Kavanaugh; he was going to be confirmed with those numbers anyway. People are not going ballistic over Ford. She's just not all that credible and it was a long time ago. Those are the facts.

How would you know how "credible" she is or isn't? She now has 4 corroborating witnesses. Why won't Assley allow them to testify?
Even Trump sycophant and Fox shill Alan Dershowitz says a) that we DON'T know how credible she is or isn't AND b) that it's a kangaroo court without allowing witnesses.

Start at 1:30 then go to 4:20 ... Enjoy!

She now has 4 corroborating witnesses.

Link?

Last I heard, the ones she had, refuse to testify

They've not been revealed - but Grassley has been told she want's to bring them.

They've not been revealed

of course

Hey it's okay, no statute of limitations for attempted rape in Maryland.
She'll just file a lawsuit there, or else tell America her story through the media.
Either way, Trumptards lose. :)

If I was her I would file those charges. Along with defamation of character for calling her a liar when her story came out. I would also report it to the FBI.

Get that man on the witness stand in a court of law. Have all her witnesses there to testify since our congress is too afraid to hear what they have to say.

Have a jury of his peers hear the case and rule wether he's guilt of not.

If he's found guilty then sue him for every penny he has.

Maybe then the GOP will get the message that sexual harassment is real and it's a very bad idea to attack the survivor.

Do you realize not many people actually believe her? And that she won't fly across country won't look so great either?

What makes you think that "not many people" believe her? I think the opposite is true. Maybe not in the conservative echo chamber but everywhere else certainly.

26% think the accusation is credible. Believe it.

https://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/athena/files/2018/09/19/5ba234fde4b046313fc11590.pdf
And 28% think it's not. According to that poll there are also less than 35% who think he should be confirmed.

Polls rarely say anything meaningful.

Moving those goalposts all around. You wanted the polling numbers; now that you have them, they're not meaningful.

Fact is, about half the people who have heard her story don't find it credible. Doesn't matter what they think about Kavanaugh; he was going to be confirmed with those numbers anyway. People are not going ballistic over Ford. She's just not all that credible and it was a long time ago. Those are the facts.
A. I didn't ask for polling numbers.

2. I think she's very credible.

C. You wanted him confirmed even though most folks didn't? Why?

Care to give reasons for why you believe she’s credible? I can’t say for sure if she is or isn’t. The fact is her accusation is weak and that is not an attack on her character, it just is. The only thing people gain by throwing common sense aside for political purposes is idiocy and the deterioration of their own character.

Exactly why does being wrinkly and white make one less credible?

At least the fake DrLove has finally outed himself as a racist by putting "white" in the thread title. .... :thup:
yea she claims she is an independent too...another one who always backs the democrats,just like most real independents do...

Not true, a butt-ton of Indies voted for Trump. They are suffering buyers remorse at this point.
https://www.salon.com/2018/08/31/in...donald-trump-nearly-half-support-impeachment/
Of course, Trump is neither a conservative nor a Republican. :wink:

Jake believes her!

I didn't say it did. It is very simply bad optics to have a Senate Judiciary Committee of 11 - ALL men, ALL white and most old.
What I would say is that guys like Hatch and Grassley are totally out of touch.
They learned NOTHING from their participation in the Anita Hill hearings.

How would you know how "credible" she is or isn't? She now has 4 corroborating witnesses. Why won't Assley allow them to testify?
Even Trump sycophant and Fox shill Alan Dershowitz says a) that we DON'T know how credible she is or isn't AND b) that it's a kangaroo court without allowing witnesses.

Start at 1:30 then go to 4:20 ... Enjoy!

She now has 4 corroborating witnesses.

Link?

Last I heard, the ones she had, refuse to testify

They've not been revealed - but Grassley has been told she want's to bring them.

They've not been revealed

of course

Hey it's okay, no statute of limitations for attempted rape in Maryland.
She'll just file a lawsuit there, or else tell America her story through the media.
Either way, Trumptards lose. :)

If I was her I would file those charges. Along with defamation of character for calling her a liar when her story came out. I would also report it to the FBI.

Get that man on the witness stand in a court of law. Have all her witnesses there to testify since our congress is too afraid to hear what they have to say.

Have a jury of his peers hear the case and rule wether he's guilt of not.

If he's found guilty then sue him for every penny he has.

Maybe then the GOP will get the message that sexual harassment is real and it's a very bad idea to attack the survivor.

There is reason she hasn’t filed charges. She’s full of crap.

I didn't say it did. It is very simply bad optics to have a Senate Judiciary Committee of 11 - ALL men, ALL white and most old.
What I would say is that guys like Hatch and Grassley are totally out of touch.
They learned NOTHING from their participation in the Anita Hill hearings.
You said more than that you said she is out playing them?

How is being white and wrinkly reason to celebrate defeat?

The optics mean nothing

To get more women on the committee you need more women on the Senate.

To get more women in the Senate you need more women to run for the Senate.

To get more women to run more women have to WANT to run.

So go ahead and accomplish all that rather than implying there is something wrong with white men.

When did Maryland establish a no limitation for sexual abuse? If it was after 1982, then whatever statute of limitations that existed at the time is what applies.

Laws are not retroactive without a legitimate reason and even then there would be restrictions on how they would be retroactively enforced.

Dr Ford is outplaying these wrinkly white octogenarians - and they don't even know it!

Can you explain what their skin color has to do with the matter at hand? Please go into detail as to how it applies.

Had you not heard that the Senate Judiciary Committee Rs were mostly old, all male and all WHITE :confused-84: :confused-84: :confused-84:
Sheesh Bro, put a woman on there - This shit is looking more and more like the Anita Hill fiasco -
In FACT, Hatch and Grassley were THERE ... (they also dined with the Indians at Plymouth Rock on Thanksgiving ;-)
Why you figure they refuse to question Dr Ford, but instead want to bring in a ringer GOP female operative?

971b0536dbd3fd6657870065d80614db

So if one of them were black they would believe Ford? What if one of them were Asian? Cite your supporting evidence, please. Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski are also white and they are someone sympathetic to Ford, but according to you, they shouldn't be.. How are them being white have any relevancy whatsoever?

The optics mean nothing
So go ahead and accomplish all that rather than implying there is something wrong with white men.

Right now there are SIX out of 50 (all white) female Republican Senators: Murkowski, Ernst, Collins, Hyde-Smith, Fischer and Capito. There are 17 female Dems .. A far more balanced number.

Q: So why is that, and why can't one of your six be on the Senate Judiciary Committee
A: Because it's a good ol' white boys club - just ask Hatch and Grassley

See, this is why the optics for the Republican Party are bad and why you are bleeding women as a party (particularly since Trump).
Perhaps the GOP is out of touch with US women, and needs an overhaul.

Can you explain what their skin color has to do with the matter at hand? Please go into detail as to how it applies.

Had you not heard that the Senate Judiciary Committee Rs were mostly old, all male and all WHITE :confused-84: :confused-84: :confused-84:
Sheesh Bro, put a woman on there - This shit is looking more and more like the Anita Hill fiasco -
In FACT, Hatch and Grassley were THERE ... (they also dined with the Indians at Plymouth Rock on Thanksgiving ;-)
Why you figure they refuse to question Dr Ford, but instead want to bring in a ringer GOP female operative?

971b0536dbd3fd6657870065d80614db

So if one of them were black they would believe Ford? What if one of them were Asian? Cite your supporting evidence, please. Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski are also white and they are someone sympathetic to Ford, but according to you, they shouldn't be.. How are them being white have any relevancy whatsoever?
They have a deck of cards and they have thrown all of them in.... Race Card, white card, bigot card, among others....

upload_2018-9-22_11-7-59.png

The optics mean nothing

Right now there are SIX out of 50 (all white) female Republican Senators: Murkowski, Ernst, Collins, Hyde-Smith, Fischer and Capito. There are 17 female Dems .. A far more balanced number.

Q: So why is that, and why can't one of your six be on the Senate Judiciary Committee
A: Because it's a good ol' white boys club - just ask Hatch and Grassley

See, this is why the optics for the Republican Party are bad and why you are bleeding women as a party (particularly since Trump).
Perhaps the GOP is out of touch with US women, and needs an overhaul.
No you are wrong.

Committee members are not chosen or changed at random.

There is a process for choosing members.

It does not change when you dislike the result.

The optics mean exactly nothing.

If you want more women on the committee petition the Senate to appoint more. But you might have better luck when there is no immediate need to change the outcome.

Forum List

Back