Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Do you understand that you can be a member of a party, and A. realize that they have faults, and B. be open to the idea of crossing party lines, for various reasons?

That was NOT a rhetorical question. I know that YOU, believe that your party is perfect, and that you would NEVER vote anything but straight Party,

but are you aware that no everyone is as insanely, bitterly partisan as you?
LOLOL

Dayum, you’re committed to stupid. :badgrin:

How about this...?

My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent, who in his own words tended to vote Democrat. I assumed that since granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African-American voters were Republicans.

Granddaddy convinced a large block of blacks to vote for President John Kennedy after he helped to get my uncle out of jail during those turbulent days. Uncle M. L. tended to vote Democrat, but remained independent because he found weaknesses in both parties.”
~ Alveda King

:dance:

Does she mean "independent" as in registered that way, or "independent" in as willing to cross party lines?

I note that her first statement, that she assumed he was a republican, in not clearly corrected or reversed.
”not clearly corrected or reversed.”

LOLOLOLOL

Dayyyum, the stupid just keeps pouring out of you. :lmao:

Yeah, dumbfuck,she reversed herself. Full-throttled backpedal. One of her biggest regrets in her life...

”I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.”
~ Alveda King

You know what I say, when I admit that I was wrong about something?

I clearly state that I was wrong.

I would never just state that I was sorry I said it, and then let people wonder if that meant I was wrong, or just sorry I said it, but still standing by what I said.
Why on Earth would she regret saying her uncle was Republican if he was? Why would she go on to correct the record and state he was an Independent, if he was a Republican?

1. Because of the danger of you violent stupid liberals.

2. Did she say "independent" as in registered independent, or did she say "independent" as willing to vote across party lines?

quote-if-our-economic-system-is-to-survive-there-has-to-be-a-better-distribution-of-wealth-martin-luther-king-83-16-91.jpg

Sure sounds Republican to me

Maybe a mod like McCain or Powell.
Moron. McCain and Powell were Republicans. MLK Jr. was not.

Fuck you. Are you too stupid to understand that is the topic? Even when you are discussing it? Fucktard.

Amen

Here comes the republicans to claim him as one of their own, happens every year.

MLK was a Conservative Republican. His legacy is now represented by his beloved niece Alveda King, who is a huge supporter of her President , Donald J. Trump.
Alveda says her famous uncle was an Independent. Don’t you idiots ever feel shame for being so stupid?

She also says that she assumed he was a Republican. So, which is it?
She admitted she said that without having “all the facts.” She then corrected her initial mistake.

Not in the quote you posted, she did not.
Actually, she did. I merely posted both quotes in separate posts. Here’s her entire press release which she freely and voluntarily submitted to the public to clarify her earlier mistake...

Put Political Strife Out to Pasture
By Dr. Alveda C. King

I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.

My grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent, who in his own words tended to vote Democrat. I assumed that since granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African-American voters were Republicans.

Granddaddy convinced a large block of blacks to vote for President John Kennedy after he helped to get my uncle out of jail during those turbulent days. Uncle M. L. tended to vote Democrat, but remained independent because he found weaknesses in both parties.

The truth of the matter is that God isn’t a Republican or a Democrat or a tea party voter. God doesn’t vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic.

Wise Christian leaders such as Dr. Billy Graham and others who have visited the White House over the years to advise sitting presidents have focused on the times and not the parties. I’m beginning to understand the wisdom of such. As a result, I am no longer endorsing political candidates, choosing rather to vote responsibly and to follow the Bible instructions that we must pray for all people, including those in authority.

1. First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people.
2. For kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
3. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior.
4. God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

M. L.’s perspective: As a Christian leader and civil rights activist, Uncle M. L. followed a pattern of not publicly endorsing a U.S. political party or candidate. He wrote: "I feel someone must remain in the position of non-alignment, so that he can look objectively at both parties and be the conscience of both — not the servant or master of either."

In a 1958 interview, he expressed his view that neither party was perfect, saying, "I don't think the Republican Party is a party full of the almighty God, nor is the Democratic party. They both have weaknesses . . . And I'm not inextricably bound to either party.”

He also assessed both parties' performance on promoting racial equality.

“Actually, the Negro has been betrayed by both the Republican and the Democratic Party. The Democrats have betrayed him by capitulating to the whims and caprices of the Southern Dixiecrats. The Republicans have betrayed him by capitulating to the blatant hypocrisy of reactionary right-wing northern Republicans. And this coalition of Southern Dixiecrats and right-wing reactionary northern Republicans defeats every bill and every move toward liberal legislation in the area of civil rights.”

Although he never publicly supported a political party or candidate for president, in a letter to a civil rights supporter in October 1956 he wrote: "In the past I always voted the Democratic ticket." In 1960, like my grandfather, he privately voted for John F. Kennedy: "I felt that Kennedy would make the best president. I never came out with an endorsement. My father did, but I never made one."

He also went so far as to consider making one endorsement: "Had President Kennedy lived, I would probably have endorsed him in 1964.

Surely it is possible to be a Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, or a member of the tea party, Green Party, a Christian Party member, or affiliate with any party one chooses, and not hate our brothers and sisters who choose another path. Church denominations and political divisions make too many enemies when we need to be united in this one human race that dominates this planet.

As one who has been elected to office as a Georgia State Representative (Democrat), served as a presidential appointee (Republican), and who has often been voted as an independent, I can truly say that we would all be better off without the political squabbles that tend to divide us.

Don’t you ever feel stupid??

MLK was a huge advocate for the 2nd Amendment. Indeed, libs denied him the right to bear arms or a license for concealed carry even when he applied for it. If he would have been carrying along with the rest of his entourage, he would have never been killed. Ray would not have risked it. You don't shoot someone if they are ready to holler "say hello to my little friend" and return fire.

MLK was a minister of the Gospel, a lot of people forgot. Yet, he never once performed a Gay Marriage or Domestic Partnership. Didn't come out a single time publicly for Homosexual Rights.

MLK was a huge advocate for the 2nd Amendment. Indeed, libs denied him the right to bear arms or a license for concealed carry even when he applied for it. If he would have been carrying along with the rest of his entourage, he would have never been killed. Ray would not have risked it. You don't shoot someone if they are ready to holler "say hello to my little friend" and return fire.

He forbade Civil Rights marchers from carrying guns

LOLOL

Dayum, you’re committed to stupid. :badgrin:

How about this...?

Granddaddy convinced a large block of blacks to vote for President John Kennedy after he helped to get my uncle out of jail during those turbulent days. Uncle M. L. tended to vote Democrat, but remained independent because he found weaknesses in both parties.”
~ Alveda King

:dance:

Does she mean "independent" as in registered that way, or "independent" in as willing to cross party lines?

I note that her first statement, that she assumed he was a republican, in not clearly corrected or reversed.
”not clearly corrected or reversed.”

LOLOLOLOL

Dayyyum, the stupid just keeps pouring out of you. :lmao:

Yeah, dumbfuck,she reversed herself. Full-throttled backpedal. One of her biggest regrets in her life...

”I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. I said that without having all the facts.”
~ Alveda King

You know what I say, when I admit that I was wrong about something?

I clearly state that I was wrong.

I would never just state that I was sorry I said it, and then let people wonder if that meant I was wrong, or just sorry I said it, but still standing by what I said.
Why on Earth would she regret saying her uncle was Republican if he was? Why would she go on to correct the record and state he was an Independent, if he was a Republican?

1. Because of the danger of you violent stupid liberals.

2. Did she say "independent" as in registered independent, or did she say "independent" as willing to vote across party lines?
Oh? You have any proof she was threatened, or felt threatened? Or are you speaking from ignorance yet again?

She said he was an independent who mostly voted Democrat, quoting him as saying in 1956 that he ”always voted the Democratic ticket.” And quoted him saying he voted for the Democrat for president in 1960 and would have voted for him again in 1964 had he lived.

You know... a “registered Republican.”

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Last edited:
Nah, if he were alive today, he’d still be an Independent.
So, in other words, completely unlike you.
And even more unlike you.

I’m a Democrat who votes Democrat.

He was an independent who voted Democrat.
Actually, I am an independent instead of a mindless political hack, but thanks for playing!
And do you always vote Democrat like myself and MLK Jr. did?
I'm a thinking individual rather than a mindless sheeple,so I don't always do anything, child. I have certainly voted for more Democrats than Republicans in the last 50 years, however.

You should try thinking sometime. It might be a refreshing change from just reacting as a conditioned response.

Actually, I am an independent instead of a mindless political hack, but thanks for playing!
I'm a thinking individual rather than a mindless sheeple,so I don't always do anything, child. I have certainly voted for more Democrats than Republicans in the last 50 years, however.

You should try thinking sometime. It might be a refreshing change from just reacting as a conditioned response.
So I was right when I said, MLK Jr. was less like you than me.

If MLK had been alive for the 2016 election, he would have undoubtably voted for Donald J. Trump. Trump's record of reducing black unemployment to all time lows is something he would have approved of.

If MLK had been alive for the 2016 election, he would have undoubtably voted for Donald J. Trump. Trump's record of reducing black unemployment to all time lows is something he would have approved of.
Wow, now you’re delving into a world of dementia. :lmao:

Why would MLK Jr. have switched from voting Democrat to Republican just to vote for a man who was once sued for racial discrimination?

And as far as record low black unemployment, why would MLK Jr. have approved for the party of the president who lowered black unemployment 0.7 points from 7.7% to tie the record low of 7.0%; and not not the party of the president who lowered it 9.1 points from 16.8% to 7.7%??

Wow, now you’re delving into a world of dementia. :lmao:

Why would MLK Jr. have switched from voting Democrat to Republican just to vote for a man who was once sued for racial discrimination?

And as far as record low black unemployment, why would MLK Jr. have approved for the party of the president who lowered black unemployment 0.7 points from 7.7% to tie the record low of 7.0%; and not not the party of the president who lowered it 9.1 points from 16.8% to 7.7%??

The Trump Organization was never convicted and never admitted to racial discrimination. The decision to voluntarily pay an assessment was undoubtably the right one, however.

The Fair Housing Bureau was new at the time, and had to show results to justify their continued existence. Had the Trump Organization not made the payment, they would have been hassled not just by Fair Housing bureaucrats but every other government bureau for not playing ball with them.

Making the payment was without a doubt the best option, even though Donald didn't want to make the payment due to the outfit's innocence.

Forum List

Back