Drug tests for unemployment benefits approved

uhm

UE is also taken out of my check, so this is an invasion of privacy.

I'd be cool with checking on actual welfare people, since that is my money as well.

Very few people pay into UE what they take out of it when they use it. That is the main issue, it's simply welfare, abused by most, not all.

You really think someone working for 1 year 3 months for min wadge saved enough for UE that carries 2 years out?

Most people work for more than 1 year and 3 months in a life time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcDz6y_hJnA]"Oh Really" - YouTube[/ame]

Saturday, May 25, 2013 AP

What a great idea. Read more @ Drug tests for unemployment benefits approved by Texas Legislature | abc13.com and watch how quickly the left attacks it.

uhm

I'd be cool with checking on actual welfare people, since that is my money as well.

Very few people pay into UE what they take out of it when they use it. That is the main issue, it's simply welfare, abused by most, not all.

You really think someone working for 1 year 3 months for min wadge saved enough for UE that carries 2 years out?

Who the hell only works for a year and three months?

No it isn't. There isn't a government job on the planet that doesn't require drug screenings. If people want others to support them then it's only fair they do it free of drugs.

I worked for the Department of Defense for 1 1/2 years and they never drug tested me.
Judging from the content of most of your post they should have.

What does the content of any of my posts have to do with my ability to operate a telescope?

uhm

Who the hell only works for a year and three months?

another idiot

Did you guys sleep through English class? b/c yall have a bad case of not fucking getting it.

Here's the bottom line. The cost of drug testing will make any self respecting fiscal conservative puke. One four screen test (THC, Opiates, Cocaine, Meth) cost $11 (it did in 2005, the year I retired) and requires a chain of custody to meet due process laws. I think the lawmakers in Texas are lunatics.

Chain of custody? Due process? They aren't accused of committing a crime. These aren't issues.

In order to qualify for unemployment benefits the person has to be able to work. If they are drugged or drunk they aren't able to work. Very simple.

What a great idea. Read more @ Drug tests for unemployment benefits approved by Texas Legislature | abc13.com and watch how quickly the left attacks it.

It's a pretty clear violation of privacy.

Texas is a state controlled by twisted fascists.

It's one of the worst places in the U.S. to live.

No it isn't. There isn't a government job on the planet that doesn't require drug screenings. If people want others to support them then it's only fair they do it free of drugs.

The VA never drug tested me.

It's a pretty clear violation of privacy.

Texas is a state controlled by twisted fascists.

It's one of the worst places in the U.S. to live.

WTF does personal privacy have to do with it?

Someone wants to apply for a government program and the government wishes to establish their eligibility for it. The person signs the application freely.

How is that too difficult to understand?

[I said ACLU types would try to overturn this, didn't I?]

But one can be a functional alcoholic working all week and completely besotted on the weekend and that's OK. Hate to tell you but alcohol is a 'drug' and there are a lot of people struggling with the addiction.

Good idea...

Maybe Chicago and New York can adapt this policy? Oh noo's this would be racist!

That's not racist but I know a lot of meth heads will be pissed. So to speak.

There aren't many 'meth heads' who are gainfully employed unless you count selling meth as gainful employment. I have had them for patients. They aren't functional enough to work. Only to get welfare or disability.

Some on here making the 'due process' argument are on another thread arguing that the president has the right to kill American citizens using a drone without due process. I wish they would make their minds up. Their internal conflict must be debilitating.

Some on here making the 'due process' argument are on another thread arguing that the president has the right to kill American citizens using a drone without due process. I wish they would make their minds up. Their internal conflict must be debilitating.

He has a right to eliminate military targets in accordance with the Congressional directive to fight a global war against terrorism. How it is you could side with the terrorists and claim to be an American is beyond me.

Good idea...

Maybe Chicago and New York can adapt this policy? Oh noo's this would be racist!

That's not racist but I know a lot of meth heads will be pissed. So to speak.

There aren't many 'meth heads' who are gainfully employed unless you count selling meth as gainful employment. I have had them for patients. They aren't functional enough to work. Only to get welfare or disability.
On the other hand being a prescription amphetamine addict is practically a qualification for some jobs.

Here's the bottom line. The cost of drug testing will make any self respecting fiscal conservative puke. One four screen test (THC, Opiates, Cocaine, Meth) cost $11 (it did in 2005, the year I retired) and requires a chain of custody to meet due process laws. I think the lawmakers in Texas are lunatics.

Chain of custody? Due process? They aren't accused of committing a crime. These aren't issues.

In order to qualify for unemployment benefits the person has to be able to work. If they are drugged or drunk they aren't able to work. Very simple.

This is civil, not criminal, law.

This concerns substantive due process as required by the 14th Amendment, where there are realms of privacy that the state cannot invade and where the burden of proof lies greater with the state in its desire to deny unemployed applicants access to unemployment law and the benefits that law governs.

Again, simply because one wishes to apply for UCB is not justification for the state to neither invade the privacy of the applicant nor presume he uses illegal drugs.

Good, now we need to drug test welfare recipientd.

The courts have ruled that drug tests as a condition of eligibility for pubic assistance are un-Constitutional. A Florida law requiring drug tests was invalidated some two years ago.

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to not come to the conclusion that all conservatives are enemies of individual liberty, the Constitution, and the rule of law in addition to seeking to expand the size, power, and authority of government at the expense of individual liberty.

Your confusion is a consequence of your ignorance of the law, this thread concerns civil law, not criminal; and those terrorists targeted are afforded due process, that you disapprove of the form of that due process is subjective, partisan, and irrelevant.

Forum List

Back