Duck Dynasty?

There are plenty of other duck call makers. But I'd be willing to bet Duck Commander sets record sales this year. I'd go out and buy one even if I didnt hunt.

There might be other duck call makers but there is only one that exactly reproduces the call of a duck and they have it. If anyone in the world wants a duck call that makes that sound, they have to buy a Duck Commander.

Not to be confrontational but thats BS. I've used all kinds of calls over the years and theirs really dont work any better then the others. It's all in HOW you use it.
You dont just blow through them.

Hmmmm. Yet most duck hunters would disagree with you!

Then you can't really claim to be enlightened, can you?

Of course I can silly rabbit. Its in my signature. Enlightened doesn't mean you know someone. Enlightened means you know things that matter. Whoever this person is does not matter. I'm sure she is nice since she is a liberal but she really doesn't matter to me.
Well, that's handy, isn't it?

"I'm enlightened because I say I am."

Basically thats how it works. I dont let people define me. I reserve that right for myself. Of course you have to put in the time to study. I just dont waste time studying people unless they were relevant.

A & E, right or wrong, can discipline their employees any way they want per the agreement sponsors sign with the talent and the movie studios.
Especially in a right to work state which is where this is filmed.
ALL SAG employees are under that contract.
Get over it, this is much ado about nothing. Phil caved in for the cash. More power to him.

He wasn't speaking on A&E or for or as a representative of A&E he was giving his own personal opinions in a magazine interview as for the examples given the Dixie Chicks comments were given overseas while the country was at war if that had been done by someone with conservative political leanings I suspect the reaction would have been much the same the difference with Bashir was that his comments were scripted and aired on his show he was speaking as a representative of MSNBC If Phil Robertson had done the same and used the Duck Dynasty show to push that viewpoint then you could say the punishment was warranted.

I could care less what he says but ever heard of a contract?
And NO ONE stopped him from saying a damn thing. He can say what he wants to.
The dude has 80 million in the bank and more power to him.
But a real man, instead of a ZZ Top wannabe, stands behind what he says and would have told A & E TO FUCK THEMSELVES.
I say what I damn well please and if someone tells me to shut up I tell them to fuck themselves.
And I only have 2 million in the bank.
Robertson is a wimp, he backed down and does not back up what he says. A real man never does that.
Did he back down and apologize at the alter of political correctness? If he did, I would agree that he's a wimp.

Here's the one playing the "victim" From BULLY TO VICTIM..typical of these groups
links with article at site

Snip:
Intolerant GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, December 20, 2013, 9:59 PM

glaad
Duck. Duck. Goose.
GLAAD is experiencing record levels of backlash following the firing of Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson. GLAAD pushed A&E to fire the Robertson patriarch after his interview with GQ where he spoke out against homosexuality.

GLAAD released this statement after Robertson was fired:

“What’s clear is that such hateful anti-gay comments are unacceptable to fans, viewers, and networks alike,” said GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz. “By taking quick action and removing Robertson from future filming, A&E has sent a strong message that discrimination is neither a Christian nor an American value.”

Now they’re facing unprecedented backlash.
YahooTV reported, via Free Republic:

In the fallout over Wednesday’s suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by A&E for anti-gay and racist remarks, GLAAD is experiencing record levels of backlash.

“In the five-and-a-half years I’ve worked at GLAAD, I’ve never received so many violently angry phone calls and social media posts attacking GLAAD for us speaking out against these comments,” the media watchdog organization’s vice president of communications Rich Ferraro told TheWrap.

He said those reactions range from those who simply believe as Robertson believes to those who feel that GLAAD and A&E’s actions limit the reality star’s free speech.

“I don’t think this is about the first amendment,” Ferraro said. “I feel it’s more about the America we live in today. That is one where Americans, gay and straight, are able to speak out when people in the public eye make anti-gay and racist remarks.”

ALL of it here
Intolerant GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years | The Gateway Pundit

Well instead of helping repel the gay agenda, by using derogatory terms and vitrole you are actually giving them a leg up. When you want to calm down, join the rest of us who are going to tamp back the gay progress using the civil process of the courts. Keep your eye on this Utah thing. That judge citing the Windsor case in overturning a state's constitution without the permission of the governed means that that judge meant for this case to be heard by SCOTUS. Think about that for awhile. He meant for this case to go before SCOTUS and particularly to be examined in light of what was said in the Windsor Opinion.

What was said in the Windsor Opinion was that each state's broad-swath citizenry has had a constitutional right from the start of our country to present day to weigh in on consensus on the question of who may or may not marry within their boundaries. The Court cited Loving v Virginia and then went on to not guarantee gay marriage; saying it was only "allowed" "in some states". That was Them saying "we don't hold that the 14th applies to homosexual behaviors to the exclusion of other behaviors like polygamy, 13 year olds etc. marrying also" They even referred to these other "oddball" marriages as in the same class as gay marriage.

There has been no, zero, findings that gays have a federally protected right to marry, only a state-protected one and only in those states where it is allowed by consensus. You can rest easy knowing that as the Utah case marches forward, the trojan horse in the DOMA Opinion will be unveiled for all to see. And gay marriage will be defined as only valid in those states where a broad swath voted it in. There are three states only that qualify in this regard.

I'm done playing nice with anyone I think is pushing an agenda that is bad for the country. These mf's want to level accusations of racism or bigotry fine I wonder how they would feel if we demonstrated REAL racism or bigotry. I've been calm for the last 40 years watching liberal policies destroy our society, I'm done being calm.

polls_scared_kitty_2918_41835_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

And absolutely nobody else. Bring it on...

You think businesses pay attention to the fagtivist representing a small sliver of perverts, wait till they start hearing from the majority and we start applying pressure, boycotts are not the exclusive realm of you commie assholes. We'll see how quickly these companies start changing their attitudes when it effects their bottom line. A&E has already heard form millions of people, they will reverse themselves shortly and BTW the main advertiser for Duck Dynasty said he will not withdraw his support for the show. It will take time but public attitudes can be changed back to reflect moral principles again.

It's because their big imaginary friend in the sky "justifies" their bigotry.

Uh sure. And what justifies your intolerance of their beliefs?

Simple.

It's just another example of religion being used to justify everything from immorality to irrationality to silliness to arbitrary rules that oftentimes make little to no sense.

Now, I don't give any shits about Duck Dynasty or Phil Robertson or A&E, but you cannot say you have no right to say something on one end but then you can say something often just as offensive that happens to be backed by religion and suddenly it's okay.

Sarah Palin, scary shit that she would have been one step away from leading the free world.
She does not even understand and know the United States Constitution.
Amazing the ignorance of the right wing religious kooks.
I have seen a thousand and one comments that "A & E violated Phil Robertson's 1st Amendment Rights of free speech"

Uh, a little lesson for the dumb masses here about The Constitution:

The 1st Amendment protects YOU from THE GOVERNMENT FROM LIMITING YOUR speech, NOT YOUR EMPLOYER.

Exactly. On all points. Especially the one about Palin being next in line for POTUS.

It could be that people are just tired of the gay tantrum. They can only close down so many bakers, put so many photographers out of business, end so many careers before someone noticed. I hope this is the start of a major backlash that only flickered during the Chick Fil A incident.

Oh yeah, I think they are getting REAL tired of it

homosexual groups like Glaad have become the judge and jury on what our speech should be and is getting people FIRED over it

I hope this wakes the people in this country...They (homosexuals) aren't anymore special people than the rest of us

Last edited:

You think businesses pay attention to the fagtivist representing a small sliver of perverts, wait till they start hearing from the majority and we start applying pressure, boycotts are not the exclusive realm of you commie assholes. We'll see how quickly these companies start changing their attitudes when it effects their bottom line. A&E has already heard form millions of people, they will reverse themselves shortly and BTW the main advertiser for Duck Dynasty said he will not withdraw his support for the show. It will take time but public attitudes can be changed back to reflect moral principles again.

I agree with what you said in principle and love the cat picture...lol..

It's just that all the "fagtivist".."commie assholes" and such tends to alienate people who otherwise agree with your basic stance of pushing back at the gay agenda. If you're looking for numbers on your side to combat numbers on the opposing side, grandma always said it's best to lure flies with honey and not vinegar. You get that, right?

I mean, I'm kind of a "commie asshole" when it comes to other topics like wanting universal healthcare, green energy and such. And I have a thick skin so your comments just make me laugh. But some "commie assholes" who are on your side about the gay marriage thing and what's happening to Duck Dynasty etc might get really offended if they are on the fence and decide to side with the gays just to spite "people like you". So you can see how if you are engaged in a cause to defeat another cause, that that might be counterproductive. No?

Last edited:
Palin will be the President of this country if the people want her to be.

then you all can carry on with your PDS hate of her, for real

I agree with what you said in principle and love the cat picture...lol..

It's just that all the "fagtivist".."commie assholes" and such tends to alienate people who otherwise agree with your basic stance of pushing back at the gay agenda. If you're looking for numbers on your side to combat numbers on the opposing side, grandma always said it's best to lure flies with honey and not vinegar. You get that, right?

I mean, I'm kind of a "commie asshole" when it comes to other topics like wanting universal healthcare, green energy and such. And I have a thick skin so your comments just make me laugh. But some "commie assholes" who are on your side about the gay marriage thing and what's happening to Duck Dynasty etc might get really offended if they are on the fence and decide to side with the gays just to spite "people like you". So you can see how if you are engaged in a cause to defeat another cause, that that might be counterproductive. No?

Why is it only people on the right have to watch how they say things. The left calls us arsonist, terrorist, bigots, racist, granny killers, polluters and a myriad of other names and no one tells them they need to tone it down because they won't win friends or influence people. Their tactics have proven effective but by some magic circumstance it won't work for us, can you explain that?

Last edited:
Thread fail. The ones currently crying and trying to get someone removed is the lgbt community.

There is PLENTY of intolerant behavior by both sides.

America has become a nation of thin skinned pussies

Post fail. Try addressing the op, gramps. Are Fox and Palin hypocritical for bashing Bashir for his opinion while defending Phil Robertson's opinion?

How many conservatives have you heard say,

gay and black Americans have every right to object to what Phil Robertson said and believes, if they so choose?

That's all we've been hearing from faggots and blacks is WHINING and CRYING for the last FIFTY YEARS.

Where the fuck you been?

Pole Rider, why are you so obsessed with gays? A little self-hate going on there? Probably so.

He wasn't speaking on A&E or for or as a representative of A&E he was giving his own personal opinions in a magazine interview as for the examples given the Dixie Chicks comments were given overseas while the country was at war if that had been done by someone with conservative political leanings I suspect the reaction would have been much the same the difference with Bashir was that his comments were scripted and aired on his show he was speaking as a representative of MSNBC If Phil Robertson had done the same and used the Duck Dynasty show to push that viewpoint then you could say the punishment was warranted.

1) Punctuation is your friend

2) Phil Robertson is known for being in a show on A&E. The only reason he got that interview was because of his association with A&E. Therefore, he is a representative of A&E while speaking to the media.

3) The Dixie Chicks. Whether they were speaking overseas or in the US; during a time of peace or a time of war - they were attacked for their opinion. Do you think it was fair to attack them?

4) Bashir apologized and resigned. Did Phil? Palin said that people on tv should take responsibility for their words. Should she not hold Phil to the same standard that she held Bashir to?

Some guy from a "reality" show said some stupid shit during an interview as a representative of the A&E network; so, A&E suspended him.

Cue drama.

Of course Palin and Fox had to pipe in calling his suspension an attack on free speech and freedom of religion.

But where were they when the Dixie Chicks practiced their right to free speech when they criticized the invasion of Iraq back in 2003? I don't recall Fox spending hours defending THEIR right to free speech after the group was boycotted and lost sponsorships and deals over their comments.

How about a more recent example?

After Bashir resigned over his comments about Palin, she went on Fox and said, "Those with that platform, with a microphone, a camera in their face, they have to have some more responsibility taken".

Shouldn't she have given that same advice to Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty? After all, he has a platform, a microphone, a camera in his face. Millions of people watch his show. He likely insulted some of them with his remarks. Shouldn't he be held to the same standards by the right-wing media as Bashir was? Bashir was punished. Why is it wrong to punish Phil?

But where were they when the Dixie Chicks practiced their right to free speech when they criticized the invasion of Iraq back in 2003? I don't recall Fox spending hours defending THEIR right to free speech after the group was boycotted and lost sponsorships and deals over their comments.

she was criticizing the US in a foreign land.....the Duck guy was giving his views on Gayness.... kind of a big difference.....

they're still whining over Bashir

he wasn't fired, he RESIGNED

no comparison...but it's nice to see you not sticking up for the people's freedom of speech in this country and threatened to be fired just for speaking about Homosexuals...

so tolerant of you all

Some guy from a "reality" show said some stupid shit during an interview as a representative of the A&E network; so, A&E suspended him.

Cue drama.

Of course Palin and Fox had to pipe in calling his suspension an attack on free speech and freedom of religion.

How about a more recent example?

After Bashir resigned over his comments about Palin, she went on Fox and said, "Those with that platform, with a microphone, a camera in their face, they have to have some more responsibility taken".

Shouldn't she have given that same advice to Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty? After all, he has a platform, a microphone, a camera in his face. Millions of people watch his show. He likely insulted some of them with his remarks. Shouldn't he be held to the same standards by the right-wing media as Bashir was? Bashir was punished. Why is it wrong to punish Phil?

she was criticizing the US in a foreign land.....the Duck guy was giving his views on Gayness.... kind of a big difference.....

Free speech is free speech. There is no difference.

"The liberty of discussion is the great safeguard of all other liberties."

This is not about Duck Dynasty for me. I tried to watch twice and couldn't get through more than 10 or 15 minutes.

It is about Political Correctness run amuck.

You are entitled to your own opinion...and to express it as part of the liberty of discussion which is supposed to be part of the foundations of this country....BUT only if it is an opinion shared by Liberals.

They are all about Control...and it shows more and more every day.

The so-called political correctness in incidents like this is coming from the Right, not the Left.

The attacks from the right are on anyone who feels they have the right to find this guy's opinions offensive.

who lodged the initial complaint that got the ball rolling?.....

Forum List

Back