Duck Dynasty?

He was giving an interview to GQ Magazine. The interview came about because of Duck Dynasty, Duck Dynasty was the focus of the article, and it was featured in the Entertainment section. He did that interview as a representative of A&E. He should have known better.

I can lose my job tomorrow for whatever reason my company sees fit. It's called at-will employment.

Spare me the faux-outrage.

Sorry, but this doesn't fly.

If Phil was a Democrat you'd be making up excuses why they shouldn't have fired him.

You really don't know why they really fired him. It happened too quickly for it not to be a setup, something that was already in the works.

My sister is Gay and she can't stand these GLAAD folks. Gays have become way too influential in the entertainment business.
Bullshit. Bashir was forced to resign and many Liberals, myself included, applauded.

Bashir should have been booted immediately. Instead it took awhile.

Let's go back and look at what Bashir said:

He talked about an obscene act being performed on Sarah Palin, an act that was used a couple of hundred years ago as a form of torture.

Are you trying to say that you think wishing someone would torture Sarah Paliin is at the same level as what Phil said?

Give me a break. :bsflag:

A&E’s pro-hunting hit Duck Dynasty returned Wednesday night to record ratings. The season three premiere delivered 8.6 million viewers.

That’s huge. It’s not only the most-watched Duck Dynasty episode ever, it’s A&E’s most-watched telecast ever and ranks as cable’s biggest reality show telecast so far this year. The 10 p.m. episode (the first of two back-to-back airings) was up 132 percent vs. the second season premiere. In fact, Dynasty had a 4.0 rating among adults 18-49, just barely edging out Fox’s American Idol and ABC’s Modern Family (both 3.9) in the nationals and winning the night. (More on that Idol vs. Modern Family fight)....

...The Christian-friendly A&E docu-series has been on a ratings tear since catching fire last year. One surprising survey found that Duck Dynasty received more mentions on Facebook in 2012 than any other TV series, including social-network-friendly hits like HBO’s Game of Thrones and CBS’ The Big Bang Theory. — Ray Rahman contributed to this reporthttp://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/28/duck-dynasty-ratings-morrissey/

The numbers sure are weird. The viewing not only didn't drop off after Phil Robertson's statements that gays are doomed in judgment and that gay sex is illogical, the viewing increased to a record for the year! That hardly qualifies as a middle block of voters protesting those who would judge the gay lifestyle as falling short of a desireable mark.

Maybe this explains why when Prop 8 was predicted to fail, it won instead by a healthy margin? Looks like polling numbers can be deceiving as to what is really going on inside the minds and hearts of John Q. Public.

Or more likely that a bunch of people who never watched the show about wanted to watch the train wreck.

Most of them are going to say, "Oh, yeah, that's why I don't watch this!"

Two instances where a person signs a contract. In one a man agrees to become a well paid public figure in return he must watch his mouth, he doesn't and pays a terrible price.

Result? Republicans freak the fuck out calling it unjust and wrong.

Next case: A man takes out a mortgage that balloons horribly at about the time his equity disappears and his home's value drops like a lead balloon leaving him to pay a terrible price for trying to be a home owner.

Result: Republicans say "tough shit, you signed away your rights, deal with it".

Wrong. Not being allowed to speak anywhere with anyone at any time without the prior approval of the contract owners is slavery. Can't circumvent the law. It is against the law to repress freedom of speech, regardless of what it says on the contract.

I see you're a graduate from the Sarah Palin school of civics. :lol: It's against the law for the government to repress freedom of speech. A&E? They can fire him over what he says.

The majority has a lot of build up. The asinine attacks on people just trying to make a living, the travesties going on in the schools, it would be wonderful if this was the incident that just pushed people over the edge.

Two instances where a person signs a contract. In one a man agrees to become a well paid public figure in return he must watch his mouth, he doesn't and pays a terrible price.

Result? Republicans freak the fuck out calling it unjust and wrong.

Next case: A man takes out a mortgage that balloons horribly at about the time his equity disappears and his home's value drops like a lead balloon leaving him to pay a terrible price for trying to be a home owner.

Result: Republicans say "tough shit, you signed away your rights, deal with it".

Since you bring it up, please provide a standard contractual definition of "watch his mouth."

Would such a contract list the words he is not allowed to say?

Looking forward to the education, thanks.

Its called at will employment

What did he say about blacks that was offensive?

The idea that anyone was "happy" under a system designed to dehumanize them is offensive.

JUST BECAUSE he "says" no blacks ever were harmed before HIS eyes, or no blacks ever complained to HIM, is categorically ludicrous to think that blacks were "happy" under Jim Crow.

That is bullshit, and everyone knows it.

Were "jews" "happy" in concentration camps because some ppl never heard them complain to a german?

Ridiculous.

And the fact that he tries to put that spin on a most vicious time in American history concerning blacks is offensive to many.

KING!

what IS ridiculous is comparing FREE way of LIFE albeit restricted in some areas to the destination of DEATH in the concentration camp.

you are a despicable BIGOT

Sorry, but this doesn't fly.

If Phil was a Democrat you'd be making up excuses why they shouldn't have fired him.

You really don't know why they really fired him. It happened too quickly for it not to be a setup, something that was already in the works.

My sister is Gay and she can't stand these GLAAD folks. Gays have become way too influential in the entertainment business.
Bullshit. Bashir was forced to resign and many Liberals, myself included, applauded.

He talked about an obscene act being performed on Sarah Palin, an act that was used a couple of hundred years ago as a form of torture.

Are you trying to say that you think wishing someone would torture Sarah Paliin is at the same level as what Phil said?

I'm not saying it's the same. I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit about Democrats defending a Democrat saying the shit he said.

Repubs seem to have a problem with a society that refuses to accept bigotry.

Repubs keep saying they dont support the "environnment" where people can be punished for their bullshit. That "environment" is also known as "reality".

Sorry but reality is reality. There is no changing it no matter how much you dont like it

A&E had the right to fire him but that's not good enough for the gay mafia who think that some extra persecution is in order. They could seige a bakery. Why not do the same think with Duck Commander? When are they going to Louisiana?
Why shouldn't they if they were offended?

since when committing a crime is a right for being offended?

The Gay Rights group GLAAD is suffering some of it's worst backlash from it's members in nearly half a decade. The uproar is a result of its successful campaign to have star Phil Robertson suspended from the show "Duck Dynasty" over alleged anti gay comments he made during an interview with GQ magazine.

The mindset is that gays automatically agree with everything GLAAD does. I'm sorry to those on the left that think all homosexuals agree with them at all times.

In the fallout over Wednesday’s suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by A&E for anti-gay and racist remarks, GLAAD is experiencing record levels of backlash.

“In the five-and-a-half years I’ve worked at GLAAD, I’ve never received so many violently angry phone calls and social media posts attacking GLAAD for us speaking out against these comments,” the media watchdog organization’s vice president of communications Rich Ferraro told TheWrap.

He said those reactions range from those who simply believe as Robertson believes to those who feel that GLAAD and A&E’s actions limit the reality star’s free speech.

“I don’t think this is about the first amendment,” Ferraro said. “I feel it’s more about the America we live in today. That is one where Americans, gay and straight, are able to speak out when people in the public eye make anti-gay and racist remarks.”

‘Duck Dynasty’ Fallout: GLAAD Reeling From Biggest Backlash in Years, Says Rep - The Wrap

A&E and these stupid protest groups are taking it in the shorts.
Hopefully the libs will take this and run with it. Nothing like a stupidly contrived lib cause to generate lots of energy on the conservative side...

Sarah Palin, scary shit that she would have been one step away from leading the free world.
She does not even understand and know the United States Constitution.
Amazing the ignorance of the right wing religious kooks.
I have seen a thousand and one comments that "A & E violated Phil Robertson's 1st Amendment Rights of free speech"

Uh, a little lesson for the dumb masses here about The Constitution:

The 1st Amendment protects YOU from THE GOVERNMENT FROM LIMITING YOUR speech, NOT YOUR EMPLOYER.

I'm sure that she'd have referred the problem to the Department of Law.

A&E responds with suspending the guy indefinitely to show they are responding to the complaints.
A&E will run a marathon of the show.With the guy in the shows.... Huh?

The new season which starts in two weeks also has Phil in it...
This is a bonehead move by A&E..
Was watching "The Five" on FNC....Even hyper lib Bob Beckel is criticizing A&E.

Not this duck hunter,or any duck hunter I know. There are plenty of good duck calls out there. Zink or Rich-N-Tone comes to mind.
It's not like they use a different design. They all work off a reed or a double reed.

And, they're damn easy to make on the spot.

If you don't know how, there are instructions on line.

Its all the Made In China shit at WallyWorld that they make their money off of.
All Duck Commander Duck Call products are made by the Robertson's in West Monroe, La and then distributed all over. They're American made as Apple Pie.

I've never seen a duck call or a dead duck. I checked out a few hunter message boards like this one to see what they recommend to one another.

I'm not saying it's the same. I'm calling bullshit on your bullshit about Democrats defending a Democrat saying the shit he said.

What you guys have been saying about what he said is what is bullshit.

It wasn't enough that they were trying to get him fired for not supporting Gay sex, they've been claiming his ignorance over blacks in the South is racist. Statistically blacks are worse off today than they were around the civil rights movement. Nobody can say they are on the same level as the rest of the country, and the reason is they have been screwed up by decades of Democrat programs.

How many conservatives have you heard say,

gay and black Americans have every right to object to what Phil Robertson said and believes, if they so choose?
A lot. The problem is the....lgbt member, there I was nice, that forced the issue because he is a pussy.

Forum List

Back