Easy experiment shows there is no heat gain by backradiation.

For hundreds of millions of years the Greenhouse Effect was indeed keeping the planet warmer than it would have been without any greenhouse gases in the atmosphere...

Care to show me some observed, measured, quantified, empirical evidence supporting that claim?
Of course. And I, and others, have indeed showed you such scientific evidence many times....and every time you moronically deny the science because you are a very retarded member of an anti-science cult ginned up by the fossil fuel industry to create confusion and delay action to legally limit carbon emissions because such limits would cut their profits and hurt their stock prices.

In the real world.....

From the experts: Greenhouse effect

Of course. And I, and others, have indeed showed you such scientific evidence many times....

No you haven't.. you have shown evidence that the climate changes and is changing..and then tacked on an assumption that we are causing it...it has been interesting to see what passes for observed, measured quantified evidence supporting AGW over natural variability in your mind, and in the minds of others though...You have shown me exactly how easily you have been fooled...you are shown evidence that the climate is changing...then were told that we were causing it without the first piece of evidence supporting that claim and you believed...you believed because of your political leanings...or because you need to believe in something...or because you are just plain old uneducated and have been duped...but neither you, nor anyone else has been shown evidence that we are causing the global climate to change.

As to your video...in the first few seconds, she states that if you add more CO2 to the atmosphere, that heat gets trapped...just what the greenhouse hypothesis states...and the hypothesis also states that if that heat gets trapped, it will be evidenced by a tropospheric hot spot...the smoking gun..the proof that CO2 traps heat...but alas, there is no tropospheric hot spot...a million plus radiosondes have been sent up and none of them have recorded a tropospheric hot spot..and neither have weather aircraft, or satellites, or anything else...it does not exist because CO2 does not trap heat...the hypothesis fails on its face...think of some other reason the earth is the temperature it is...the greenhouse hypothesis fails...

Of course. And I, and others, have indeed showed you such scientific evidence many times....

No you haven't..
Yes we have.....but as I just said, you are far too stupid and brainwashed to understand it or accept it, you poor delusional retard.

you have shown evidence that the climate changes and is changing..and then tacked on an assumption that we are causing it..
Nope! The evidence very clearly supports the laws of physics and the Greenhouse Gas Effect, and the fact that it is the 46% increase in CO2 levels that is causing the current abrupt rapid global warming.

...it has been interesting to see what passes for observed, measured quantified evidence supporting AGW over natural variability in your mind, and in the minds of others though...You have shown me exactly how easily you have been fooled...
In the real world, it has been hilarious to watch you idiotically deny the observed, measured, quantified scientific evidence supporting AGW that you have been shown because of your crackpot rightwingnut denier cult ideological obsessions.

As to your video...in the first few seconds, she states that if you add more CO2 to the atmosphere, that heat gets trapped...just what the greenhouse hypothesis states...and the hypothesis also states that if that heat gets trapped, it will be evidenced by a tropospheric hot spot...the smoking gun..the proof that CO2 traps heat...but alas, there is no tropospheric hot spot...a million plus radiosondes have been sent up and none of them have recorded a tropospheric hot spot..and neither have weather aircraft, or satellites, or anything else...it does not exist because CO2 does not trap heat...the hypothesis fails on its face...think of some other reason the earth is the temperature it is...the greenhouse hypothesis fails...

And your fraudulent crackpot denier cult 'argument' falls flat on its face in the manure...

Climate scientists find elusive tropospheric hot spot
PhysOrg
May 14, 2015
Researchers have published results in Environmental Research Letters confirming strong warming in the upper troposphere, known colloquially as the tropospheric hotspot. The hot has been long expected as part of global warming theory and appears in many global climate models.

The inability to detect this hotspot previously has been used by those who doubt man-made global warming to suggest climate change is not occurring as a result of increasing carbon dioxide emissions.

"Using more recent data and better analysis methods we have been able to re-examine the global weather balloon network, known as radiosondes, and have found clear indications of warming in the upper troposphere," said lead author ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science Chief Investigator Prof Steve Sherwood.

"We were able to do this by producing a publicly available temperature and wind data set of the upper troposphere extending from 1958-2012, so it is there for anyone to see."

The new dataset was the result of extending an existing data record and then removing artefacts caused by station moves and instrument changes. This revealed real changes in temperature as opposed to the artificial changes generated by alterations to the way the data was collected.

No climate models were used in the process that revealed the tropospheric hotspot. The researchers instead used observations and combined two well-known techniques—linear regression and Kriging.

"We deduced from the data what natural weather and climate variations look like, then found anomalies in the data that looked more like sudden one-off shifts from these natural variations and removed them," said Prof Sherwood.

"All of this was done using a well established procedure developed by statisticians in 1977."

The results show that the warming has continued strongly throughout the troposphere except for a very thin layer at around 14-15km above the surface of the Earth where it has warmed slightly less.

As well as confirming the tropospheric hotspot, the researchers also found a 10% increase in winds over the Southern Ocean. The character of this increase suggests it may be the result of ozone depletion.

"I am very interested in these wind speed increases and whether they may have also played some role in slowing down the warming at the surface of the ocean," said Prof Sherwood.

"However, one thing this improved data set shows us is that we should no longer accept the claim that there is warming missing higher in the atmosphere. That warming is now clearly seen."

More information: Atmospheric changes through 2012 as shown by iteratively homogenised radiosonde temperature and wind data (IUK v2) , Environmental Research Letters , iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/10/5/054007

Journal reference: Environmental Research Letters

Provided by: University of New South Wales

Yes we have.....but as I just said, you are far too stupid and brainwashed to understand it or accept it, you poor delusional retard.

No...you haven't...you have shown evidence of climate change...to date, you have yet to show any actual evidence as to why the climate is changing...but feel free to go back through all the stuff you have posted and see if you can pick something out. Evidence that the climate is changing is not evidence that we are causing it...

Nope! The evidence very clearly supports the laws of physics and the Greenhouse Gas Effect, and the fact that it is the 46% increase in CO2 levels that is causing the current abrupt rapid global warming.

And yet, you can't show any measurement of the greenhouse effect...you can't quantify it to any degree of accuracy..and the hot spot it predicts as the smoking gun of man's culpability in global climate change is absent. The hypothesis fails but being true believers, you can't bear to admit it and just keep on believing. That is just being gullible.

In the real world, it has been hilarious to watch you idiotically deny the observed, measured, quantified scientific evidence supporting AGW that you have been shown because of your crackpot rightwingnut denier cult ideological obsessions.

Sorry thunder, you just don't have much association with the real world...again, showing me evidence that the climate is changing is a different thing from showing evidence of why the climate is changing...I have never argued that the climate doesn't change...I don't need to see any more evidence of that than I already have...I believe it...I have lived long enough to see it..

What I need to see is evidence that we are causing it...telling me that sea levels are rising certainly isn't evidence that we are causing it..sea level has been rising for 14,000 years...and for a great deal of it, far more rapidly than it is now...Showing me that ice is melting isn't evidence that we are causing it...the ice has been melting back for 14,000 years now and for most of that time, it was melting at a far more rapid pace than it is now...Showing me that temperatures are warming isn't evidence that we are causing it...the temperatures have been going up and down forever, and the gold standard ice core reconstructions show us that it has often risen much faster than anything we have experienced and much higher than anything we have experienced...Showing me that CO2 levels are rising isn't evidence that we are causing climate change...the ice age that the earth is still climbing out of began with CO2 levels in excess of 1000ppm...that in and of itself sort of throws a wrench in the claim that CO2 causes warming...imagine, and ice age beginning with CO2 levels over 1000ppm...and if you go further back in history, you find ice ages beginning with CO2 levels even higher than that...much higher.

And your fraudulent crackpot denier cult 'argument' falls flat on its face in the manure...

And this just adds to the evidence that you are about as gullible as a single individual can be. If they can't find the hot spot, then it must be because they aren't adjusting the numbers the right way?...that is how it goes with climate science...if it isn't warming, then lets just adjust the numbers so that it is warming...if there is no hot spot, then lets just adjust the numbers so that there is...

Those radiosondes have very precise thermometers on board...they record the temperatures with extreme accuracy...there is no need for adjustment...like the CRN ground station that requires no adjustment and doesn't show any warming at all...and in fact shows a 13 year cooling trend...

So again..it is interesting to see what passes for evidence in your mind...adjusting a data set till it shows what you want to see..yep...some evidence...evidence of scientific misconduct...evidence of gross dishonesty...evidence of fraud...but certainly not evidence that we are causing the climate to change....oh yes, it is also evidence that you are a first class, top shelf dupe.

No need for adjustment? They are perfect? And they cannot be made imperfect? And I suppose the same goes for the altimeters? How very fucking convenient for you.

No need for adjustment? They are perfect? And they cannot be made imperfect? And I suppose the same goes for the altimeters? How very fucking convenient for you.

Do you think you can change the actual elevation of an airport by adjusting the altemeter?

No...you haven't...you have shown evidence of climate change...to date, you have yet to show any actual evidence as to why the climate is changing...but feel free to go back through all the stuff you have posted and see if you can pick something out. Evidence that the climate is changing is not evidence that we are causing it...

And yet, you can't show any measurement of the greenhouse effect...you can't quantify it to any degree of accuracy..and the hot spot it predicts as the smoking gun of man's culpability in global climate change is absent. The hypothesis fails but being true believers, you can't bear to admit it and just keep on believing. That is just being gullible.

Sorry thunder, you just don't have much association with the real world...again, showing me evidence that the climate is changing is a different thing from showing evidence of why the climate is changing...I have never argued that the climate doesn't change...I don't need to see any more evidence of that than I already have...I believe it...I have lived long enough to see it..

What I need to see is evidence that we are causing it...telling me that sea levels are rising certainly isn't evidence that we are causing it..sea level has been rising for 14,000 years...and for a great deal of it, far more rapidly than it is now...Showing me that ice is melting isn't evidence that we are causing it...the ice has been melting back for 14,000 years now and for most of that time, it was melting at a far more rapid pace than it is now...Showing me that temperatures are warming isn't evidence that we are causing it...the temperatures have been going up and down forever, and the gold standard ice core reconstructions show us that it has often risen much faster than anything we have experienced and much higher than anything we have experienced...Showing me that CO2 levels are rising isn't evidence that we are causing climate change...the ice age that the earth is still climbing out of began with CO2 levels in excess of 1000ppm...that in and of itself sort of throws a wrench in the claim that CO2 causes warming...imagine, and ice age beginning with CO2 levels over 1000ppm...and if you go further back in history, you find ice ages beginning with CO2 levels even higher than that...much higher.

And this just adds to the evidence that you are about as gullible as a single individual can be. If they can't find the hot spot, then it must be because they aren't adjusting the numbers the right way?...that is how it goes with climate science...if it isn't warming, then lets just adjust the numbers so that it is warming...if there is no hot spot, then lets just adjust the numbers so that there is...

Those radiosondes have very precise thermometers on board...they record the temperatures with extreme accuracy...there is no need for adjustment...like the CRN ground station that requires no adjustment and doesn't show any warming at all...and in fact shows a 13 year cooling trend...

So again..it is interesting to see what passes for evidence in your mind...adjusting a data set till it shows what you want to see..yep...some evidence...evidence of scientific misconduct...evidence of gross dishonesty...evidence of fraud...but certainly not evidence that we are causing the climate to change....oh yes, it is also evidence that you are a first class, top shelf dupe.
SSoooDDumb's rejection of the scientific evidence has nothing to do with science and everything to do with his denier cult dogmas and myths. If the science shows something that conflicts with his crackpot rightwingnut political ideology, then the science must be "dishonest" or a "fraud" in his deranged little mind.

For example, he has to denigrate and deny the scientific facts about the Tropical Troposperic Hot Spot....because it's non-existence is one of his denier cult's favorite dogmas, even if that myth has been shown to be wrong in current published peer-reviewed science.

Researchers have published results in Environmental Research Letters confirming strong warming in the upper troposphere, known colloquially as the tropospheric hotspot. The hot has been long expected as part of global warming theory and appears in many global climate models.

The inability to detect this hotspot previously has been used by those who doubt man-made global warming to suggest climate change is not occurring as a result of increasing carbon dioxide emissions.

"Using more recent data and better analysis methods we have been able to re-examine the global weather balloon network, known as radiosondes, and have found clear indications of warming in the upper troposphere," said lead author ARC Centre of Excellence for Climate System Science Chief Investigator Prof Steve Sherwood.

"We were able to do this by producing a publicly available temperature and wind data set of the upper troposphere extending from 1958-2012, so it is there for anyone to see."

The new dataset was the result of extending an existing data record and then removing artefacts caused by station moves and instrument changes. This revealed real changes in temperature as opposed to the artificial changes generated by alterations to the way the data was collected.

No climate models were used in the process that revealed the tropospheric hotspot. The researchers instead used observations and combined two well-known techniques—linear regression and Kriging.

"We deduced from the data what natural weather and climate variations look like, then found anomalies in the data that looked more like sudden one-off shifts from these natural variations and removed them," said Prof Sherwood.

"All of this was done using a well established procedure developed by statisticians in 1977."

The results show that the warming has continued strongly throughout the troposphere except for a very thin layer at around 14-15km above the surface of the Earth where it has warmed slightly less.

SSoooDDumb's rejection of the scientific evidence has nothing to do with science and everything to do with his denier cult dogmas and myths. If the science shows something that conflicts with his crackpot rightwingnut political ideology, then the science must be "dishonest" or a "fraud" in his deranged little mind.

All you have shown me thunder is evidence that the climate is changing...and a whole bunch of assumptions that we are causing it...it isn't my fault if you are so stupid that you believe that evidence of climate change is also evidence that we are causing it.

For example, he has to denigrate and deny the scientific facts about the Tropical Troposperic Hot Spot...

Did you notice that they didn't publish a graph showing the supposed hot spot they supposedly found? If they actually had, don't you think that would have been front and center?...and they admitted that they had to toss out quite a bit of data and do some major league adjustments to station data to get the signal they wanted....that is only evidence of scientific misconduct...not good science..

Good science is admitting that the hot spot is not there and that the hypothesis has failed.

All you have shown me thunder is evidence that the climate is changing...

Nope! You are just too retarded and brainwashed, SSoooDDumb, to either understand or accept the large amounts of evidence that you have been shown confirming the human caused, CO2 driven nature of the current abrupt rapid global warming.....because you are either a braindead cultic fanatic or a paid agent for EXXON.

Nope! You are just too retarded and brainwashed, SSoooDDumb, to either understand or accept the large amounts of evidence that you have been shown confirming the human caused, CO2 driven nature of the current abrupt rapid global warming.....because you are either a braindead cultic fanatic or a paid agent for EXXON.

Which evidence do you think confirms that humans and our CO2 are responsible for global climate change...I didn't see anything there that constituted anything like that sort of evidence...I saw plenty of evidence that the climate is changing, but then that has never been contested...that is the nature of the climate...it changes...always has...always will.

Tell you what thunder, prove me wrong....you go through your steaming pile of bullshit and cut out a paragraph or two which to you appears to be actual observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the claim that we are seeing manmade climate change rather than natural variability.

My bet is that either you won't even attempt the challenge because you know that there is no such evidence in existence, or what you will bring forward is just more evidence of climate change with an unsupported accusation that man is causing it tacked on. Prove me wrong.

Which evidence do you think confirms that humans and our CO2 are responsible for global climate change...I didn't see anything there that constituted anything like that sort of evidence...I saw plenty of evidence that the climate is changing, but then that has never been contested...that is the nature of the climate...it changes...always has...always will.

Tell you what thunder, prove me wrong....you go through your steaming pile of bullshit and cut out a paragraph or two which to you appears to be actual observed, measured, quantified evidence that supports the claim that we are seeing manmade climate change rather than natural variability.

My bet is that either you won't even attempt the challenge because you know that there is no such evidence in existence, or what you will bring forward is just more evidence of climate change with an unsupported accusation that man is causing it tacked on. Prove me wrong.

I already proved you wrong and debunked your lies many, many times, you cultic troll. You moronically reject and deny the scientific evidence every time, so why bother to go through that cycle again?

Your unsupported denial of reality has no significance at all. You demand 'evidence' and you have received such evidence many times, but you never have any actual evidence to support your own BS claims that contradict the conclusions of the world scientific community on the reality of AGW.

You are a moronic anti-science denier cult troll, stooging for the billionaires at the top of the fossil fuel industry. Fuck off!

Do you think you can change the actual elevation of an airport by adjusting the altemeter?
They have to make these "adjustments" for altitude because they use a model globe where all the temperatures are ("corrected to be")at sea level. But at the same time they lament the lack of snow on the mountain tops that don`t even exist on their flat earth climatology globe where all the temperatures are higher than they really were where they have been recorded.
+ they can flood this imaginary sea level terrain globe more easily with melting some ice in the arctic.

Last edited:

They have to make these "adjustments" for altitude because they use a model globe where all the temperatures are ("corrected to be")at sea level. But at the same time they lament the lack of snow on the mountain tops that don`t even exist on their flat earth climatology globe where all the temperatures are higher than they really were where they have been recorded.

More denier cult anti-science insanity...as perceived by retards. Nothing to do with the reality of the science.

I already proved you wrong and debunked your lies many, many times, you cultic troll. You moronically reject and deny the scientific evidence every time, so why bother to go through that cycle again?

The only thing you have proved thus far is that you apparently have no idea of what actual evidence supporting AGW over natural variability looks like...and it is you folks who stop short of providing evidence and start repeating the cycle...you provide evidence of a changing climate because you can find no evidence supporting AGW over natural variability and then claim that you have, and I can only suppose it is because you really don't grasp the difference between evidence of change and evidence of the cause of the change which goes a long way towards explaining how you became so duped.

I merely asked you to pull out something...anything from all the stuff you posted that you believe represented observed, measured, quantified, empirical evidence supporting AGW over natural variability...and you can't do it...you post great steaming piles of bullshit hoping that no one will notice that there is actually nothing there...and when asked to pull the part of it out that you think represents evidence supporting your belief...you can't do it...

But once again...thanks for proving my point...when I ask for the actual evidence...none of you can step up and deliver...great mounds of bullshit is all that you, or any other warmer has.

Your unsupported denial of reality has no significance at all. You demand 'evidence' and you have received such evidence many times, but you never have any actual evidence to support your own BS claims that contradict the conclusions of the world scientific community on the reality of AGW.

You are a moronic anti-science denier cult troll, stooging for the billionaires at the top of the fossil fuel industry. Fuck off!

The only thing you have proved thus far is that you apparently have no idea of what actual evidence supporting AGW over natural variability looks like...
Nope! That's what you have proved....in addition to the fact that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

The evidence is there and you have seen it....but, as I have said before, it is obvious that you are just too retarded, deluded and brainwashed to either understand or accept the overwhelming scientific evidence.

Denying the reality of the evidence for AGW no matter how many times it is shown to you is either outright insanity or a denier cult tactic of reality denial. Either way, FUCK OFF!

The only thing you have proved thus far is that you apparently have no idea of what actual evidence supporting AGW over natural variability looks like...
Nope! That's what you have proved....in addition to the fact that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

The evidence is there and you have seen it....but, as I have said before, it is obvious that you are just too retarded, deluded and brainwashed to either understand or accept the overwhelming scientific evidence.

Denying the reality of the evidence for AGW no matter how many times it is shown to you is either outright insanity or a denier cult tactic of reality denial. Either way, FUCK OFF!
son, the next time you show us evidence would be the first time you ever have. to date there has been no evidence of man made influence on climate. It just doesn't exist. Sorry fella.

son, the next time you show us evidence would be the first time you ever have. to date there has been no evidence of man made influence on climate. It just doesn't exist. Sorry fella.

And the anti-science retard spews more denier cult insanity.

Why is that insanity?

Because the reality is that the world scientific community almost unimously affirms the reality of human caused global warming/climate changes based on overwhelming amounts of scientific evidence from many different fields of science. Evidence strong and obvious to convince most government and business leaders, the Pentagon, and the majority of the population. At this point, only the insane fools who are blinded by their crackpot rightwingnut corporatist 'libertarian' political/economic ideologies (and/or the paid stooges for some of the oil, coal and gas billionaires and top corporate executives) can say with a straight face: "to date there has been no evidence of man made influence on climate. It just doesn't exist". That kind of rejection of reality, whether self induced for greed or ideology, is definitely insane.....that is the legal definition of insanity.

insanity - n. - mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality.

Scientific opinion on climate change
The scientific opinion on climate change is the overall judgment among scientists regarding the extent to which global warming is occurring, its causes, and its probable consequences. The scientific consensus is that the Earth's climate system is unequivocally warming, and that it is extremely likely (meaning 95% probability or higher) that this warming is predominantly caused by humans. It is likely that this mainly arises from increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as from deforestation and the burning of fossil fuels, partially offset by human caused increases in aerosols; natural changes had little effect.[1][2][3][4]

This scientific opinion is expressed in synthesis reports, by scientific bodies of national or international standing, and by surveys of opinion among climate scientists. Individual scientists, universities, and laboratories contribute to the overall scientific opinion via their peer-reviewed publications, and the areas of collective agreement and relative certainty are summarised in these respected reports and surveys.[5]

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on global warming. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The IPCC Fourth Assessment Report stated that: "Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[6]. Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[7]"

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points. The last national or international scientific body to drop dissent was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists,[13] which in 2007[14] updated its statement to its current non-committal position.[15]

Last edited:

Why is that insanity?

Sorry thunder, but once again, all you have proved is that you clearly don't have any idea what actual empirical evidence that humans are causing the global climate to change might look like.. Hell thunder, look at what you provide as evidence...

"Scientific opinion on climate change"

Got any idea what the operational word might be in that sentence?...OPINION...what you provide as evidence of human caused climate change is stated to be opinion right there in the title...It doesn't mention anything like actual observed, measured, quantified evidence that we are causing a change in the global climate...it states an opinion...an opinion not supported by the first piece of actual observed, measured, quantified evidence. The whole piece is full of weasel words...likely...opinion....probable...judgement... The only thing they say that is unequivocal..that would be because there is evidence to support the claim is that the climate changes...and there is ample evidence to support that..but there isn't the first shred of evidence to support the claim that what changes we are seeing are man made vs natural variability.

Then you move on to this:

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points.

Again....the operational word there is OPINION..once again...a statement of opinion...not a presentation of actual, observed, measured, quantified evidence...a statement of opinion and nothing more.

"insanity - n. - mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality."

You look at the above statements and apparently see observed, measured, quantified, empirical evidence of man made climate change....but an actual look at the content reveals that it is nothing more than opinion...opinion as stated by the author. You see observed, measured, quantified evidence when the author states that it is opinion. Reality is that the claim of man made climate change is opinion...fantasy is that there is actual observed, measured, quantified evidence supporting the opinion. If such evidence existed, then it would not be opinion.. Just a quick glance at what you believe to be evidence is not...therefore, it is demonstrably you who is unable to distinguish fantasy from reality. If you had a grasp on reality, then you would realize that you are posting opinion rather than actual evidence.

There are thousands of studies, filled with empirical evidence that support AGW. That's why 99 out of 100 climate scientists accept it as settled science. That you hold the opinions you do is explainable solely by ignorance, profound dishonesty or both.

Why is that insanity?

Because the reality is that the world scientific community almost unimously affirms the reality of human caused global warming/climate changes based on overwhelming amounts of scientific evidence from many different fields of science. Evidence strong and obvious to convince most government and business leaders, the Pentagon, and the majority of the population. At this point, only the insane fools who are blinded by their crackpot rightwingnut corporatist 'libertarian' political/economic ideologies (and/or the paid stooges for some of the oil, coal and gas billionaires and top corporate executives) can say with a straight face: "to date there has been no evidence of man made influence on climate. It just doesn't exist". That kind of rejection of reality, whether self induced for greed or ideology, is definitely insane.....that is the legal definition of insanity.

insanity - n. - mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality.

Scientific opinion on climate change
The scientific opinion on climate change is the overall judgment among scientists regarding the extent to which global warming is occurring, its causes, and its probable consequences. The scientific consensus is that the Earth's climate system is unequivocally warming, and that it is extremely likely (meaning 95% probability or higher) that this warming is predominantly caused by humans. It is likely that this mainly arises from increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, such as from deforestation and the burning of fossil fuels, partially offset by human caused increases in aerosols; natural changes had little effect.[1][2][3][4]

This scientific opinion is expressed in synthesis reports, by scientific bodies of national or international standing, and by surveys of opinion among climate scientists. Individual scientists, universities, and laboratories contribute to the overall scientific opinion via their peer-reviewed publications, and the areas of collective agreement and relative certainty are summarised in these respected reports and surveys.[5]

National and international science academies and scientific societies have assessed current scientific opinion on global warming. These assessments are generally consistent with the conclusions of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The IPCC Fourth Assessment Report stated that: "Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as evidenced by increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, the widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global average sea level.[6]. Most of the global warming since the mid-20th century is very likely due to human activities.[7]"

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points. The last national or international scientific body to drop dissent was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists,[13] which in 2007[14] updated its statement to its current non-committal position.[15]

Sorry thunder, but once again, all you have proved is that you clearly don't have any idea what actual empirical evidence that humans are causing the global climate to change might look like.. Hell thunder, look at what you provide as evidence...

"Scientific opinion on climate change"

Got any idea what the operational word might be in that sentence?...OPINION...what you provide as evidence of human caused climate change is stated to be opinion right there in the title...It doesn't mention anything like actual observed, measured, quantified evidence that we are causing a change in the global climate...it states an opinion...an opinion not supported by the first piece of actual observed, measured, quantified evidence. The whole piece is full of weasel words...likely...opinion....probable...judgement... The only thing they say that is unequivocal..that would be because there is evidence to support the claim is that the climate changes...and there is ample evidence to support that..but there isn't the first shred of evidence to support the claim that what changes we are seeing are man made vs natural variability.

Then you move on to this:

No scientific body of national or international standing maintains a formal opinion dissenting from any of these main points.

Again....the operational word there is OPINION..once again...a statement of opinion...not a presentation of actual, observed, measured, quantified evidence...a statement of opinion and nothing more.

"insanity - n. - mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality."

You look at the above statements and apparently see observed, measured, quantified, empirical evidence of man made climate change....but an actual look at the content reveals that it is nothing more than opinion...opinion as stated by the author. You see observed, measured, quantified evidence when the author states that it is opinion. Reality is that the claim of man made climate change is opinion...fantasy is that there is actual observed, measured, quantified evidence supporting the opinion. If such evidence existed, then it would not be opinion.. Just a quick glance at what you believe to be evidence is not...therefore, it is demonstrably you who is unable to distinguish fantasy from reality. If you had a grasp on reality, then you would realize that you are posting opinion rather than actual evidence.

Your moronic inability to comprehend the actual meaning of language, and your stupid attempts to spin reality around your clueless or deliberate misunderstanding of the meaning of the word 'opinion', and your idiotic denial of the existence of scientific evidence that you have seen, are all just further proof of your utter insanity and of the fact that you are a denier cult troll, SSoooDDumb.

Forum List

Back