Did Obama Actually Tap Trump's Phones?

• YES - And I'll provide the proof here

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • YES - Because my favorite web site and talk show host say so

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • NO - I really doubt it. Prove it and I'll change my mind

Votes: 25 65.8%

• Total voters
I'm going to leave "Mango" or any other farm fresh produce out of the options.

Just three options here.

For clarity, "tapping a phone" means that it actually happened. The phones were tapped.

Thank you for your participation.
Well Trump put the phrase "Wire tap" in quotes like I did, so he plainly meant it as a figure of speech, synecdoche, and did not mean it literally.

So why do you insist on imposing a meaning he clearly did not intend?

Just three options here.

For clarity, "tapping a phone" means that it actually happened. The phones were tapped.

To liberals who take things out of context to please snowflake rhetoric, Obama would have to literally prepare the tap to prove Trump correct. Even then they'd spin something from their perma-butt-hurt.

IMG_0310.JPG

Just three options here.

To liberals who take things out of context to please snowflake rhetoric, Obama would have to literally prepare the tap to prove Trump correct. Even then they'd spin something from their perma-butt-hurt.

The dumbass dude is ripe for picking.

Just three options here.

Well Trump put the phrase "Wire tap" in quotes like I did, so he plainly meant it as a figure of speech, synecdoche, and did not mean it literally.

So why do you insist on imposing a meaning he clearly did not intend?
Well, I definitely could be wrong. I still haven't gotten used to how we're supposed to lower our standards when he says something.

I realize we're supposed to take him comically but not realistically, or seriously but not literally, or whatever the hell that new rule is, but I'm having a little trouble lowering the bar that far for fundamental communication from the President of the United States.

This is no longer even an issue of honesty or dishonesty, as it is with most politicians. He says or "tweets" words, and who knows how we're supposed to take them. It sure SEEMS like he means them.

My request for an interpreter has gone unnoticed, sadly. That would be helpful. Waiting for the press conference to explain stuff gets tedious.

Last edited:
Well, I definitely could be wrong. I still haven't gotten used to how we're supposed to lower our standards when he says something.

I realize we're supposed to take him comically but not realistically, or seriously but not literally, or whatever the hell that new rule is, but I'm having a little trouble lowering the bar that far for fundamental communication from the President of the United States.

This is no longer even an issue of honesty or dishonesty, as it is with most politicians. He says or "tweets" words, and who knows how we're supposed to take them. It sure SEEMS like he means them.

My request for an interpreter has gone unnoticed, sadly. That would be helpful. Waiting for the press conference to explain stuff gets tedious.
Lol, Mac, it is not that hard.

In any system of hermeneutics you have to try to understand the intention of the author and his culture.

In our culture when one puts a phrase in double quotes, it generally means it is not to be taken literally but as a figure of speech, as in 'Lena Dunham is a "comedian" '.

Lol, Mac, it is not that hard.

In any system of hermeneutics you have to try to understand the intention of the author and his culture.

In our culture when one puts a phrase in double quotes, it generally means it is not to be taken literally but as a figure of speech, as in 'Lena Dunham is a "comedian" '.
Holy crap Jim, I had to look up hermeneutics, Jesus.

The problem is that this sure as hell isn't an isolated incident. That's why Coulter had to some up with that "take him seriously but not literally" thing, the man communicates almost exclusively in hyperbole and drama.

I don't think it's asking too much to have a President of the United States who communicates (whether he's telling the truth or not) with at least SOME level of precision, one who doesn't need his people following him around telling us what the hell he "meant'..

I don't think it's asking too much to have a President of the United States who communicates (whether he's telling the truth or not) with at least SOME level of precision, one who doesn't need his people following him around telling us what the hell he "meant'..

But it may be too much. Trump did not come up as a professional politician but as a businessman and entertainer.

You get what you get.

Sorry about that dictionary thingy. :D

Forum List

Back