Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

You "hate" homosexuals if you don't agree, against all science, that they can't help themselves when it comes to their gayness.

All science?

The #1 Geneticist in the world, leader of the Human Genome Project, someone just a few pages ago you were singing the praises of, speaks quite differently about "all science"...

"It troubles me greatly to learn that anything I have written would cause anguish for you or others who are seeking answers to the basis of homosexuality. The words quoted by NARTH all come from the Appendix to my book “The Language of God” (pp. 260-263), but have been juxtaposed in a way that suggests a somewhat different conclusion that I intended. I would urge anyone who is concerned about the meaning to refer back to the original text.

The evidence we have at present strongly supports the proposition that there are hereditary factors in male homosexuality — the observation that an identical twin of a male homosexual has approximately a 20% likelihood of also being gay points to this conclusion, since that is 10 times the population incidence. But the fact that the answer is not 100% also suggests that other factors besides DNA must be involved. That certainly doesn’t imply, however, that those other undefined factors are inherently alterable.

Your note indicated that your real interest is in the truth. And this is about all that we really know. No one has yet identified an actual gene that contributes to the hereditary component (the reports about a gene on the X chromosome from the 1990s have not held up), but it is likely that such genes will be found in the next few years."​

Dr. Francis Collins

>>>>

You "hate" homosexuals if you don't agree, against all science, that they can't help themselves when it comes to their gayness.

All science?

The #1 Geneticist in the world, leader of the Human Genome Project, someone just a few pages ago you were singing the praises of, speaks quite differently about "all science"...

"It troubles me greatly to learn that anything I have written would cause anguish for you or others who are seeking answers to the basis of homosexuality. The words quoted by NARTH all come from the Appendix to my book “The Language of God” (pp. 260-263), but have been juxtaposed in a way that suggests a somewhat different conclusion that I intended. I would urge anyone who is concerned about the meaning to refer back to the original text.

The evidence we have at present strongly supports the proposition that there are hereditary factors in male homosexuality — the observation that an identical twin of a male homosexual has approximately a 20% likelihood of also being gay points to this conclusion, since that is 10 times the population incidence. But the fact that the answer is not 100% also suggests that other factors besides DNA must be involved. That certainly doesn’t imply, however, that those other undefined factors are inherently alterable.

Your note indicated that your real interest is in the truth. And this is about all that we really know. No one has yet identified an actual gene that contributes to the hereditary component (the reports about a gene on the X chromosome from the 1990s have not held up), but it is likely that such genes will be found in the next few years."​

Dr. Francis Collins

>>>>

So, they still haven't found the "gene"?

Is this from the same people that declare the Lord doesn't appear on demand so there must not be a Lord? The same people that are investing laboratory resources to locate a mythical "gene"; why don't you just say, it hasn't been discovered, therefore, it is, not?

All science?

Dr. Francis Collins

>>>>

Is this from the same people that declare the Lord doesn't appear on demand so there must not be a Lord? The same people that are investing laboratory resources to locate a mythical "gene"; why don't you just say, it hasn't been discovered, therefore, it is, not?

You should read back in the thread, some were extolling the virtues of the Christian Scientist Dr. Collins saying he'd declared their was no biological basis for homosexuality, only to be shown he said the exact opposite. BTW Dr. Collins is supposedly well known and authored as a Evangelical Christian.

>>>>

Actually, no.

What he said is that genetics account for pretty much all our propensities, but we still make choices about what we do with what we're dealt. There is no gene that forces us to make a particular choice...

No. Just like they haven't found the one that separates the left-handed from the right-handed.

Maybe it's a 'choice'.

So...how can people choose to be hetero for half their lives, then change and discover they were born gay?

Actually, no.

What he said is that genetics account for pretty much all our propensities, but we still make choices about what we do with what we're dealt. There is no gene that forces us to make a particular choice...

Correct, there is a biological predisposition to having sex, they are called hormones. Being a homosexual is a predisposition toward attraction to someone of the same gender. That is homosexuality, not to be confused with a specific sex act.

For example I'm biologically wired to find members of the opposite sex (females), that it heterosexuality. Not to be confused with performing a sex act with someone of the opposite gender.

Homosexuality is an attraction, not an act. We of course make choices about the acts we perform.

>>>>

No. Just like they haven't found the one that separates the left-handed from the right-handed.

Maybe it's a 'choice'.

Or maybe it's a learned behavior.

Maybe it's a 'choice'.

Right. Because three month-olds who reach for things with their left hand learned that from - who? One of their right-handed parents? That can't be.

All science?

Dr. Francis Collins

>>>>

You should read back in the thread, some were extolling the virtues of the Christian Scientist Dr. Collins saying he'd declared their was no biological basis for homosexuality, only to be shown he said the exact opposite. BTW Dr. Collins is supposedly well known and authored as a Evangelical Christian.

>>>>

The "Gene" is going to be Bad Wiring... It's a Flaw in Nature's Design that is most likely Environmental during Pregnancy that Causes a Human to Defy it's Natural Design and Equipment as an Adult...

Or a Cycle of Abuse.

And then there's that "Free Will" thing...

And what if they find a Gene that causes People like mani to Obsess on their Neighbor's Kids?...

Or People who Fancy Animals like Dante?

Should that be Valid because it's what it is and can be Proven to be "Natural" or "Genetic"

Either way, EVENTUALLY Proving this won't make the Defiance any more Valid or anywhere near Equal to the Natural Design.

Shouldn't be Criminalized, but it also shouldn't be Dishonestly Mandated in Law as Equal to something is so Obviously is NOT.

Have a Civil Union, a Smile, and stop Parading what happens in the Bedroom on the Public Streets where there are not Restrictions on Minors being Present to be Exposed to the Exhibition of Deviancy. :thup:

Oh yeah, and leave Churches alone that don't Embrace you and Focus MORE on the Religions like Islam that Kill you. :thup: :thup:

:)

peace...

Last edited:

Maybe it's a 'choice'.

Right. Because three month-olds who reach for things with their left hand learned that from - who? One of their right-handed parents? That can't be.

Right or Left-handedness doesn't not End a Species...

Get it?

Now why don't you Compare Race to Chosen Sexual Deviations, since that's probably next on the List of Revolving Responses. :lol:

peace...

Get it?

Now why don't you Compare Race to Chosen Sexual Deviations, since that's probably next on the List of Revolving Responses. :lol:

peace...

So your stance is that a minority number of individuals in a species doing homosexual things will end a species?

Are you sticking to that scientific stance?

Ah..you bounce from promoting illegal drug use, to promoting infanticide, to promoting deviant sexual practices....

I'm getting a picture here...

Get it?

peace...

So your stance is that a minority number of individuals in a species doing homosexual things will end a species?

Nope... I was simply Observing the Obvious.

Homosexuality can't Sustain a Species and comparing it to Left or Right-handedness is Absurd.

But please, Continue! :thup:

peace...

Get it?

peace...

Ah..you bounce from promoting illegal drug use, to promoting infanticide, to promoting deviant sexual practices....

Get it?

peace...

Lol you're a true delight.

No I don't care what straight or gay people do in the privacy of their own homes with consenting adults, I let insecure loons worry about that stuff.

It would be great if they left it in the bedroom. Wish they would.

99.9999999999% of gay people only have sex in the privacy of their own homes, same with straight people.

If you're talking about the "horrors" of having to see 2 gay people holding hands in public, then you're even more insecure than I already thought and I have nothing but pity for you.

Actually I wasn't talking about that. I don't care if people hold hands. Keep fishing.

Forum List

Back