Economist on NAFTA #2: "I do not expect it to boost the U.S. economy.”

That's why I didnt answer him. He's either a liar or massively uninformed
Grampa no longer wonders whether the quoted economists said it , because “the media” said it.
I stand behind my post. Perhaps you're experiencing the onset of memory problems. I dunno but I also don't really care. If you want the FACT look it up
I looked it up. Like you, I found no instances of the economists quoted in the Washington Post article saying that Trump would crash the economy.
Angus looked it up too. That's why he had to replace "these economists" with "the media"
Didn't need to look anything up.

Yes you do dummy if you want to have any credebility.

Economists quoted said no such thing and there is no way for you to pin on them someone else's predictions.
I never said the man in the OP did. You can't read?
I mentioned "economists" as a group.

And I was correct despite you ignoring the question mark

At first I thought Trump had finally done something great. Then I read what the experts say:

"This isn’t a revolutionary deal. It’s a modification of a deal already in place,” said Eric Winograd, senior U.S. economist at AllianceBernstein, an investment and research firm. “The total economic impact will be very small. I do not expect it to boost the U.S. economy.”

Lorenzo Caliendo, an economics professor at Yale University’s School of Management who co-authored a NAFTA study published in 2015 that concluded each American had gained about $45 a year from that treaty, said the new agreement would “clearly not” return significant numbers of manufacturing jobs to the United States.
Analysts say Trump may be overly optimistic on new North American trade deal
No you mean you hope it doesn't. You scum want this country to hurt.
He calls these morons experts. They have been wrong at nearly every turn for two years lol

Hillary has a 98% chance of being the next potus too....

At first I thought Trump had finally done something great. Then I read what the experts say:

"This isn’t a revolutionary deal. It’s a modification of a deal already in place,” said Eric Winograd, senior U.S. economist at AllianceBernstein, an investment and research firm. “The total economic impact will be very small. I do not expect it to boost the U.S. economy.”

Lorenzo Caliendo, an economics professor at Yale University’s School of Management who co-authored a NAFTA study published in 2015 that concluded each American had gained about $45 a year from that treaty, said the new agreement would “clearly not” return significant numbers of manufacturing jobs to the United States.
He calls these morons experts. They have been wrong at nearly every turn for two years lol

Now the economists in the article are election forecasters? LOL.

Finally Grampa reluctantly does homework, and stops wondering. (No economist quoted in the WaPo is cited in your IBD article).
See how easy is to do research instead of wondering?
Since you apparently can't comprehend what you read let me refresh your memory and give you another shot at not looking stupid.

I wonder if he was one of the ones that predicted economic collapse if Trump won?

Now the economists in the article are election forecasters? LOL.
No matter what they are, anything in the WaPo about Trump is BS.

Grampa no longer wonders whether the quoted economists said it , because “the media” said it.
I stand behind my post. Perhaps you're experiencing the onset of memory problems. I dunno but I also don't really care. If you want the FACT look it up
I looked it up. Like you, I found no instances of the economists quoted in the Washington Post article saying that Trump would crash the economy.
Angus looked it up too. That's why he had to replace "these economists" with "the media"

Economists quoted said no such thing and there is no way for you to pin on them someone else's predictions.

You wondered whether the economists in the article are among the few economists you mentioned.
None of the economists mentioned in the article predicted a crash. You embarrassed yourself.

Finally Grampa reluctantly does homework, and stops wondering. (No economist quoted in the WaPo is cited in your IBD article).
See how easy is to do research instead of wondering?
Since you apparently can't comprehend what you read let me refresh your memory and give you another shot at not looking stupid.

I wonder if he was one of the ones that predicted economic collapse if Trump won?
And he wasn't one of the ones.
Jeez. You surprise me every time with your ignorance.

You wondered whether the economists in the article are among the few economists you mentioned.
None of the economists mentioned in the article predicted a crash. You embarrassed yourself.
Doesn't matter, nothing the WaPo prints concerning Trump is true.

Even in general terms you are waaay wrong. There are many many economists and you can count on one hand predictions like that.

Though again these are not general economists, these are specific economists you cannot fault for someone else’s position.

Even in general terms you are waaay wrong. There are many many economists and you can count on one hand predictions like that.

Though again these are not general economists, these are specific economists you cannot fault for someone else’s position.
Thanks. And note that he wondered whether "he" (obviously referring to the person I quoted in the title) was among the few predicting a crash.

From what I have heard the details have not been made public. So how do they know? As far as it being revolutionary what did you expect? It is not abnormall for incremental changes to happen. Rarely are deals struck that reinvent the wheel. Here is a democrat hoping our nation has acheived some success even if Trump gets some credit.

Forum List

Back