Economy is doing far better, but we don't know it

and if it doesnt and he does pretty good?......will you be here saying so jake?....just asking....
No matter how "good" Tramp does the 95 million will increase by millions.
You know this because....
Intelligence guided by experience, and Boomers retiring, which the Right will suddenly acknowledge as the number passes 100 million under Tramp.
Don't doubt me!
Yeah, OK.
I'm willing to warranty my claim, will you warranty your's???

Well, considering I haven't a crystal ball, no.

Obama's legacy:

More debt than all his predecessors combine... 95,000,000 unemployed....
Which will increase monthly while Trump is in office and his train wreck of economic policy wreaks havoc on American workers.

How? Be specific...

He has proposed massive spending increases for the military, a trillion-dollar infrastructure stimulus, and tax cuts.

It doesn't take a mathematician....

Sure...

It was more about paying back the UAW for voting for him.

They used that money to straighten out their mismanaged pension fund.

Douchebag used our tax dollars to do it. We still don't have our money back.

The auto industry, GMC and Chrysler still went bankrupt which they could have done without our tax dollars.

Fed tax money should never be used to bail out any company.

Too bad your thinking, excuse the use of the term in your case, is flawed. If GM and Chrysler went out of business we would have experienced a greater economic collapse than we did.

They wouldn't have gone out of business. That's what bankruptcy is for. You reorganize and reopen. Our tax money should have never been given to any company.

Hell. They used that money for their pension fund and filed for bankruptcy anyway.

Not all bankruptcies reorganize and reopen.

Most do and you can bet both GM and Chrysler would have.

There were buyers for GM trucks and the Caddy and Corvette brand names. Chrysler? Get ouuta here. LOL They are "jeep."

CHRYSLER/DODGE/JEEP are selling cars. GM/CAD/BUICK/CHEVY are selling cars in USA and many in China (Buick is hot, no?). I believe someone would have taken them w/o all the GOVT intervention (union payoff).

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Too bad your thinking, excuse the use of the term in your case, is flawed. If GM and Chrysler went out of business we would have experienced a greater economic collapse than we did.

They wouldn't have gone out of business. That's what bankruptcy is for. You reorganize and reopen. Our tax money should have never been given to any company.

Hell. They used that money for their pension fund and filed for bankruptcy anyway.

Not all bankruptcies reorganize and reopen.

Most do and you can bet both GM and Chrysler would have.

There were buyers for GM trucks and the Caddy and Corvette brand names. Chrysler? Get ouuta here. LOL They are "jeep."

Chrsyler/DODGE is selling cars. GM/CAD/BUICK is selling cars in USA and many in China (Buick). I believe someone would have taken them w/o all the GOVT intervention (union payoff).

View attachment 101366
Well, yeah, they're selling now that we have positive growth. That's the point. When you have deflation, nobody is buying cars or car manufacturers. Look, this is not a difficult story. Mitt and the bankruptcy myth were outed.

Chump change, and how many died when the auto industry was bailed out?

Check this out:

"The U.S. war in Iraq has cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said."

"The war has killed at least 134,000 Iraqi civilians and may have contributed to the deaths of as many as four times that number, according to the Costs of War Project by the Watson Institute for International Studies at Brown University."

"When security forces, insurgents, journalists and humanitarian workers were included, the war's death toll rose to an estimated 176,000 to 189,000, the study said"

Economy is doing far better, but we don't know it

Quit whining about the auto bailout, it was chump change in comparison.

Well, yeah, they're selling now that we have positive growth. That's the point. When you have deflation, nobody is buying cars or car manufacturers. Look, this is not a difficult story. Mitt and the bankruptcy myth were outed.

I know. I am no expert on the matter. But, last point. Is it not a "buy low, sell high" situation? Meaning some guy with money sees GM (assets) on sale at 1/2 price? AND this guy knows America is going to need 16M cars/year in 2010?

Is that not how these guys get rich and stay rich? forward looking.

Which will increase monthly while Trump is in office and his train wreck of economic policy wreaks havoc on American workers.
and if it doesnt and he does pretty good?......will you be here saying so jake?....just asking....
same question to you ed.....if it doesnt,will you be here saying you were wrong?....once again,just asking....
In a heartbeat!
good for you ed.....you at least answered....many in this forum who have predicted gloom and doom from trump,just ignored that question or gave me the dance....still waiting on Jakes reply....
It's not going down, Harry. I believe that, and, if you are being honest, you do. So your question is self answering, hey.

He has proposed massive spending increases for the military, a trillion-dollar infrastructure stimulus, and tax cuts. It doesn't take a mathematician....
If we don't get rid of him and his policies, we are going to have a massive Recession within five years.

If we don't get rid of him and his policies, we are going to have a massive Recession within five years.

Who? Obammy? Beast? They will be 100% weeded out in a few weeks? Then the clean up can begin. note: Obammy is having an EPA reg dump as we speak. I heard on radio. I don't do links anymore. I starting 2017 resolution now. No LINKS!

Who? Obammy? Beast? They will be 100% weeded out in a few weeks? Then the clean up can begin. note: Obammy is having an EPA reg dump as we speak. I heard on radio. I don't do links anymore. I starting 2017 resolution now. No LINKS!
You are an idiot. If you don't do good evidence, you don't count. We tried this under Bush, remember?

each month when the unemployment rate is announced it is with the caveat that part of the decline is due to people who have become so discouraged they have stopped looking for work for at least four weeks.
A caveat from GOP hate radio fake news, you mean. At its peak, discouraged workers was 1.2 million and for the most part that number declined to its present number of 591 thousand as the UE rate declined.
You need to take something for that paranoia. All sources attach that caveat to unemployment reports.
Hogwash!
No credible source made such a caveat, only GOP hacks. As the numbers I gave you showed, discouraged workers were never enough to alter the UE rate by any significant factor, generally .5% or less. The current number of discouraged workers raises the UE rate .4%

Intelligence guided by experience, and Boomers retiring, which the Right will suddenly acknowledge as the number passes 100 million under Tramp.
Don't doubt me!
Yeah, OK.
You don't need a crystal ball to know what I said is true, which is the only reason you will not warranty your claim.

Don't doubt me!
Yeah, OK.
You don't need a crystal ball to know what I said is true, which is the only reason you will not warranty your claim.

9.6 im using CNBC numbers

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/08/05/charts-whats-the-real-unemployment-rate.html

'false analysis' by bucky, same ol, same ol.

But using his numbers, our economy will be above 12% UE at the end of next year with more than 100 million out of work

Like this is new for 2017. You TrumpHumpers have NEVER backed up your insane conspiracy theories with actual evidence.

Like this is new for 2017. You TrumpHumpers have NEVER backed up your insane conspiracy theories with actual evidence.
They just want to be believed. They aren't.

I think some of you folks have either short term memory problems or selective memory. But the economy was in really bad shape in 2009 when Obama was sworn in. Auto industry was about to go bust and unemployment rate was almost 10%.

Obama saved the auto industry and unemployment rate is now down to 4.5% and 10 million jobs have been created. Obama did a lot of things wrong during his presidency but the economy wasn't one of them.
You're on drugs. GM is not the auto industry. If the demand is there the market will satisfy it. It isn't like GM created a market that didn't exist.

Nobody with a brain cell believe current unemployment figures, they live in the real world and know better. This has been a horrible recovery, obama, like ALL libs, simply creates the reality he wants in his mind and goes with that.

Forum List

Back