Education theft - Parents face jail for lying in hopes of getting their kids in a better school

Now if everyone wanted everyone to get a good education dont you think this is an easy solution?

Easy? How do you make all those things equal?

Ok, hard then.

Same question

Please expound.

If getting a good education was important would the current system be set up the way that it is?

You dont have to answer its rhetorical anyway. Think about it

If getting a good education was important would the current system be set up the way that it is?

No. But the Dems and the teachers unions fight any changes.

Oh right, I forgot, Republicans dont exist and have never had influence on any decision since this great nations founding.

My bad

I'd back school choice. Give every student a voucher and let them choose.
But the teachers unions, and Obama, fight that idea.

Ok, hard then.

Same question

Please expound.

Oh right, I forgot, Republicans dont exist and have never had influence on any decision since this great nations founding.

My bad

Why? Cant everyone go to the best school in any County? And if they cant then tough they can go to the shit school.

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools? That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

And thanks for not explaining how you'd make everything equal.

You're welcome. Why seek national answers from a poster on the internet? IDK, but I would advise against it

Well, I can understand why you wouldn't want to back up your idea with actual recommendations.

Yeah, because it would be a waste of time since none of my recommendations will go anywhere but this board. Saves time :2up:

Please expound.

My bad

Why? Cant everyone go to the best school in any County? And if they cant then tough they can go to the shit school.

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools? That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools?

Why would you think that?

That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

You're right. Leave those poor kids in their crappy schools instead.

[
REEEL easy answer to this -

Make schools equal. Equal money, equal resources, equal education, equal opportunity - of both teachers and students.

Pay teachers what they're worth. Pay them for what they do after the kids go home. Reimburse them for what they spend on their classes.

IOW, do that one thing the RWs are dead set against, that they vote against and the Republicans will not allow: invest in our own country.

You're another wooly-brained liberal. What does it mean "make schools equal"? Same with "pay teachers what they're worth"?

I've already given you the best solution. Throw the illegals out of our schools. At least we know what that means.

[

Make schools equal. Equal money, equal resources, equal education, equal opportunity - of both teachers and students.

Pay teachers what they're worth. Pay them for what they do after the kids go home. Reimburse them for what they spend on their classes.

IOW, do that one thing the RWs are dead set against, that they vote against and the Republicans will not allow: invest in our own country.

You're another wooly-brained liberal. What does it mean "make schools equal"? Same with "pay teachers what they're worth"?

I've already given you the best solution. Throw the illegals out of our schools.

The Supreme Court has already said that is not happening.

The non-internet press censors these stories since they reflect badly on blacks. No one wants their kids in a black school.

SAN FRANCISCO For some parents search for better schools could lead to jail Nation CentreDaily.com

may 14 2015
Just over a year ago, Hamlet Garcia climbed up the steps of a stately courthouse in Norristown, Pa. ,wondering how much longer he would be free.

The Philadelphia resident and his wife, Olesia, an insurance agent, were about to go on trial for theft of services, an offense usually reserved for cable service pilferers and restaurant bill dodgers. Their alleged crime: stealing an education for their 8-year-old daughter, Fiorella.

He was staring at possibly seven years behind bars.

Their case is one of a handful in recent years in which families living in districts with failing schools have been accused of “stealing an education.” Some have been heavily fined for lying about where they live on official district documents. Others have been criminally charged and, in some cases, jailed

While it's hard to blame the parent I also understand that people in better districts pay more in taxes so it is essentially theft of services.
But 81 grand?

Another case of blacks facing jail for pretty much anything, just use some justifications

about to go on trial for theft of services, an offense usually reserved for cable service pilferers and restaurant bill dodgers.

Now lets apply that to people who want a better education...Why not? We just locked up several teachers for Racketeering for YEARS.

School vouchers. Why dont you want kids to get a good education?

Another case of blacks facing jail for pretty much anything, just use some justifications

about to go on trial for theft of services, an offense usually reserved for cable service pilferers and restaurant bill dodgers.

Now lets apply that to people who want a better education...Why not? We just locked up several teachers for Racketeering for YEARS.

Pretty bad when parents have to lie and steal to get their kids educated.

Who of would not do anything we had to do to get our kids a shot at a decent education and a promising future?

We already tried bussing. Didn't work.

We already do that here in Texas. It's called the Robin Hood plan.
And still the inner cities turn out morons.

Ok, hard then.

Same question

Please expound.

My bad

The only draw back to that idea is Laquisha would want to send her little darlings to a better school and only manage to bring down the rest of the students who actually want to learn.

One of the schools in my city is rated in the top ten for the nation, it has a lottery system. Though once you get one kiddo in the sibling's automatically get enrolled. I got lucky and all three of my boys got to go.

That said, all of that "extra" progress they made in Elementary school was practically wasted >.< They were doing 10th grade level math when they left Elem, and ended up spending their whole time in JR High learning nothing new. In HS they at least got the chance to be "advanced" a grade, but the first year was wasted "proving" they knew the shit, then they finally got into the "teacher recommendation only" classes of more advanced math. Sadly even sending them to an excellent Elem did little more than make the next 4 years easier, and only got them 2 or 3 years "ahead" - which in the long run, really only matters when it comes to if they have to take an college course or if they can klep out of one or two. Since one of my boys blew off college, and the second decided to just do vocation school, only one of my boys /might/ even benefit from it.

The entire school system is fucked up. Tying funding to testing is one of the stupidest choices we've made as a country. Funding should be based on how many kids attend, not how many pass a stupid test (which the tests themselves are fucked up anyway.) There shouldn't be retirement pensions anymore, teachers need to be both hired, and graded, upon their desire to teach, and bad teachers need to be fired immediately, not held on because of union politics - unions need to drop that shit because it's causing our kids educations. We need to end the "no child left behind" crap and spend the extra time needed to get slower kids through. We need to look at finding "different" methods of teaching for kids who learn differently from the "norm" and stop trying to cram square peg learners into round teaching holes. We need to let those kids who excel move forward, not limit them because of the speed of their classmates. The /whole/ system needs to be redone from the ground up.

Pretty bad when parents have to lie and steal to get their kids educated.

Who of would not do anything we had to do to get our kids a shot at a decent education and a promising future?

How is that possible you fool?

Schools are mostly funded by local property taxes. The more you collect, the more you have to spend. And no, I should't have to fund YOUR school.

Guess what, there is NOTHING keeping you from donating to your local school.

My bad

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools?

Why would you think that?

That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

You're right. Leave those poor kids in their crappy schools instead.

I didnt think you thought past phase 1. And keeping them in the crap schools is exactly what will happen once the good schools are filled. But you didn't think of that. Your bad

One of the schools in my city is rated in the top ten for the nation, it has a lottery system. Though once you get one kiddo in the sibling's automatically get enrolled. I got lucky and all three of my boys got to go.

That said, all of that "extra" progress they made in Elementary school was practically wasted >.< They were doing 10th grade level math when they left Elem, and ended up spending their whole time in JR High learning nothing new. In HS they at least got the chance to be "advanced" a grade, but the first year was wasted "proving" they knew the shit, then they finally got into the "teacher recommendation only" classes of more advanced math. Sadly even sending them to an excellent Elem did little more than make the next 4 years easier, and only got them 2 or 3 years "ahead" - which in the long run, really only matters when it comes to if they have to take an college course or if they can klep out of one or two. Since one of my boys blew off college, and the second decided to just do vocation school, only one of my boys /might/ even benefit from it.

The entire school system is fucked up. Tying funding to testing is one of the stupidest choices we've made as a country. Funding should be based on how many kids attend, not how many pass a stupid test (which the tests themselves are fucked up anyway.) There shouldn't be retirement pensions anymore, teachers need to be both hired, and graded, upon their desire to teach, and bad teachers need to be fired immediately, not held on because of union politics - unions need to drop that shit because it's causing our kids educations. We need to end the "no child left behind" crap and spend the extra time needed to get slower kids through. We need to look at finding "different" methods of teaching for kids who learn differently from the "norm" and stop trying to cram square peg learners into round teaching holes. We need to let those kids who excel move forward, not limit them because of the speed of their classmates. The /whole/ system needs to be redone from the ground up.

All great points.

I think we should also have a two tiered high school system. College bound, vocational bound. And which one the students go into is not entirely based on what the student or their parents want. If you're a barely C student, you don't belong in college bound classes. All you are doing is A) preventing yourself from getting the education you actually need and B) wasting resources that could be used for college bound students.

The non-internet press censors these stories since they reflect badly on blacks. No one wants their kids in a black school.

SAN FRANCISCO For some parents search for better schools could lead to jail Nation CentreDaily.com

may 14 2015
Just over a year ago, Hamlet Garcia climbed up the steps of a stately courthouse in Norristown, Pa. ,wondering how much longer he would be free.

The Philadelphia resident and his wife, Olesia, an insurance agent, were about to go on trial for theft of services, an offense usually reserved for cable service pilferers and restaurant bill dodgers. Their alleged crime: stealing an education for their 8-year-old daughter, Fiorella.

Their case is one of a handful in recent years in which families living in districts with failing schools have been accused of “stealing an education.” Some have been heavily fined for lying about where they live on official district documents. Others have been criminally charged and, in some cases, jailed

If you can steal education in this way then it's as much as admitting not all schools are equal. And some are worse, and others superior.

may 14 2015

If you can steal education in this way then it's as much as admitting not all schools are equal. And some are worse, and others superior.

Of course not all schools are equal.

Too bad.

I think we should also have a two tiered high school system. College bound, vocational bound. And which one the students go into is not entirely based on what the student or their parents want. If you're a barely C student, you don't belong in college bound classes. All you are doing is A) preventing yourself from getting the education you actually need and B) wasting resources that could be used for college bound students.

I'm not sure I agree with the restriction there so much, my boys got A's and B's but they just kind of made decisions based on how much time they wanted to put into what they wanted to do. Plus when I look at my history... I was a straight A student until a crappy councilor blamed me for the suicide of a friend (because I'd wrote him a note an recommended he listen to a fucking song that was anti suicide: the name was "Suicide Solution" so this asshole took it wrong - we ended up in court over it because the jackass decided I had "mental issues" and constantly harassed me.)

I'd like to see some kind of funding for college, other than grants and stuff, but I don't honestly think we can fit it in the budget with all the other shit we spend money on (state and federal) I'm not sure there's any easy solution for after HS education at this time. I don't think we want it to be public gov. run though, they can't fucking handle the easy years...

I'm not sure I agree with the restriction there so much, my boys got A's and B's but they just kind of made decisions based on how much time they wanted to put into what they wanted to do. Plus when I look at my history... I was a straight A student until a crappy councilor blamed me for the suicide of a friend (because I'd wrote him a note an recommended he listen to a fucking song that was anti suicide: the name was "Suicide Solution" so this asshole took it wrong - we ended up in court over it because the jackass decided I had "mental issues" and constantly harassed me.)

I'd like to see some kind of funding for college, other than grants and stuff, but I don't honestly think we can fit it in the budget with all the other shit we spend money on (state and federal) I'm not sure there's any easy solution for after HS education at this time. I don't think we want it to be public gov. run though, they can't fucking handle the easy years...

Oh, I would offer free in state college to any and all .
Funding it is simple.

If you want to be a teacher and let's say you live in Kansas. You go to KU for four years and you get your teacher's degree , then the state assigns you to a school district for four years at a reduced salary to reimburse for said college.

If you want to be a doctor, then when you graduate from medical school the state assigns you to a hospital/clinic whatever for however many years you were in school and your employer reimburses the state for your education straight out of your salary.

You have ZERO choice about where you are assigned, The state sends you where you are most needed.

Police, lawyer, hell any profession really.

Forum List

Back