Education theft - Parents face jail for lying in hopes of getting their kids in a better school

Europe has a more practical approach. They test students upon entering high school and send them to the appropriate schools. At 14, if a child has not mastered basic educational skills they have little chance of graduating university. That's just a fact. The kids who are weeded out are sent to vocational schools with different curricula to learn trades. The advanced schools, called gymnasiums, would be too difficult for those who do not pass the tests and would be more likely to drop out anyway.

If the results East Asians and whites in the US and lead to segregated schools, so what?

The welfare and future of the children are paramount.

Last edited:
If getting a good education was important would the current system be set up the way that it is?

No. But the Dems and the teachers unions fight any changes.

Oh right, I forgot, Republicans dont exist and have never had influence on any decision since this great nations founding.

My bad

I'd back school choice. Give every student a voucher and let them choose.
But the teachers unions, and Obama, fight that idea.

Why? Cant everyone go to the best school in any County? And if they cant then tough they can go to the shit school.

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools? That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools?

Why would you think that?

That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

You're right. Leave those poor kids in their crappy schools instead.

I didnt think you thought past phase 1. And keeping them in the crap schools is exactly what will happen once the good schools are filled. But you didn't think of that. Your bad

And keeping them in the crap schools is exactly what will happen once the good schools are filled.

You're right, a huge number of consumers with vouchers in their hands will never result in new schools being created and old crappy schools shutting down. LOL!

I think we should also have a two tiered high school system. College bound, vocational bound. And which one the students go into is not entirely based on what the student or their parents want. If you're a barely C student, you don't belong in college bound classes. All you are doing is A) preventing yourself from getting the education you actually need and B) wasting resources that could be used for college bound students.

I'm not sure I agree with the restriction there so much, my boys got A's and B's but they just kind of made decisions based on how much time they wanted to put into what they wanted to do. Plus when I look at my history... I was a straight A student until a crappy councilor blamed me for the suicide of a friend (because I'd wrote him a note an recommended he listen to a fucking song that was anti suicide: the name was "Suicide Solution" so this asshole took it wrong - we ended up in court over it because the jackass decided I had "mental issues" and constantly harassed me.)

I'd like to see some kind of funding for college, other than grants and stuff, but I don't honestly think we can fit it in the budget with all the other shit we spend money on (state and federal) I'm not sure there's any easy solution for after HS education at this time. I don't think we want it to be public gov. run though, they can't fucking handle the easy years...

Oh, I would offer free in state college to any and all .
Funding it is simple.

If you want to be a teacher and let's say you live in Kansas. You go to KU for four years and you get your teacher's degree , then the state assigns you to a school district for four years at a reduced salary to reimburse for said college.

If you want to be a doctor, then when you graduate from medical school the state assigns you to a hospital/clinic whatever for however many years you were in school and your employer reimburses the state for your education straight out of your salary.

You have ZERO choice about where you are assigned, The state sends you where you are most needed.

Police, lawyer, hell any profession really.

Because we need worse teachers and doctors?

I think we should also have a two tiered high school system. College bound, vocational bound. And which one the students go into is not entirely based on what the student or their parents want. If you're a barely C student, you don't belong in college bound classes. All you are doing is A) preventing yourself from getting the education you actually need and B) wasting resources that could be used for college bound students.

I'm not sure I agree with the restriction there so much, my boys got A's and B's but they just kind of made decisions based on how much time they wanted to put into what they wanted to do. Plus when I look at my history... I was a straight A student until a crappy councilor blamed me for the suicide of a friend (because I'd wrote him a note an recommended he listen to a fucking song that was anti suicide: the name was "Suicide Solution" so this asshole took it wrong - we ended up in court over it because the jackass decided I had "mental issues" and constantly harassed me.)

I'd like to see some kind of funding for college, other than grants and stuff, but I don't honestly think we can fit it in the budget with all the other shit we spend money on (state and federal) I'm not sure there's any easy solution for after HS education at this time. I don't think we want it to be public gov. run though, they can't fucking handle the easy years...

Funding it is simple.

If you want to be a teacher and let's say you live in Kansas. You go to KU for four years and you get your teacher's degree , then the state assigns you to a school district for four years at a reduced salary to reimburse for said college.

If you want to be a doctor, then when you graduate from medical school the state assigns you to a hospital/clinic whatever for however many years you were in school and your employer reimburses the state for your education straight out of your salary.

You have ZERO choice about where you are assigned, The state sends you where you are most needed.

why would they be worse? No one said your ass couldn't be fired if you didn't measure up.

Funding it is simple.

why would they be worse? No one said your ass couldn't be fired if you didn't measure up.

It's a stupid idea. Move on.

Oh right, I forgot, Republicans dont exist and have never had influence on any decision since this great nations founding.

My bad

I'd back school choice. Give every student a voucher and let them choose.
But the teachers unions, and Obama, fight that idea.

Why? Cant everyone go to the best school in any County? And if they cant then tough they can go to the shit school.

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools? That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

Sounds like a plan, but I thought you wanted equal schools?

Why would you think that?

That sounds more like everyone rush to the best one and....IDK, have a duel to the death or something

You're right. Leave those poor kids in their crappy schools instead.

I didnt think you thought past phase 1. And keeping them in the crap schools is exactly what will happen once the good schools are filled. But you didn't think of that. Your bad

And keeping them in the crap schools is exactly what will happen once the good schools are filled.

You're right, a huge number of consumers with vouchers in their hands will never result in new schools being created and old crappy schools shutting down. LOL!

Thanks! So what happens while those new good schools are created? Do the students get to go learn st the construction site?

People are being forced to pay for an education they don't want or need?

Heck, next thing you know, people will be forced to pay for medical insurance they don't want or need.

What is this world coming to?

Europe has a more practical approach. They test students upon entering high school and send them to the appropriate schools. At 14, if a child has not mastered basic educational skills they have little chance of graduating university. That's just a fact. The kids who are weeded out are sent to vocational schools with different curricula to learn trades. The advanced schools, called gymnasiums, would be too difficult for those who do not pass the tests and would be more likely to drop out anyway.

If we did that in america not one black in a thousand would get into college.

If we did that in america not one black in a thousand would get into college.

And YOU would, idiot?

Forum List

Back