Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
why are you converting old cars??? thats just stupid,,
just build new ones,,,we do that everyday

and I hate to break it to you but oil is running out and we can never grow enough corn to replace it,,,or cook enough french fries,,,
I'm very happy to tell you that you're clueless.

We have enough oil and natural gas to last until we develop transporters.

These people here are still crying about the demise of steam powered cars and buttonhooks

Indeed electric cars are really quiet when they are sitting there doing nothing but charging

The Volt is the only one I ever drove and it was SILENT at freeway speed....no engine sound, no wind, no nothing...if you want solitude on the road, that's the way to go. Then you turn on that Bose sound system and blow out your eardrums.....I was very impressed with it other than the price and e-range but that was 9 years ago and have no idea what that class of vehicles are like now.

Indeed electric cars are really quiet when they are sitting there doing nothing but charging

The Volt is the only one I ever drove and it was SILENT at freeway speed....no engine sound, no wind, no nothing...if you want solitude on the road, that's the way to go. Then you turn on that Bose sound system and blow out your eardrums.....I was very impressed with it other than the price and e-range but that was 9 years ago and have no idea what that class of vehicles are like now.
Many EVs have ranges of 200 miles now

Just not true kid because wind produces no elemental conversion, wind energy is merely converted to electric energy

Which is how ALL electric power works

We use some source of energy to spin a turbine
Wind does not involve a lethal power source
So you never heard of a tornado? How about a hurricane?
Again wind power emits no elemental fuel conversion byproducts

Only those involved in mining the rare earth metals the forging of steel and the manufacture of concrete

Wind is an intermittent source of power that is all it will ever be. On average a wind turbine only produces 25% of its rated capacity in actual power generated,

A nuclear power plant will produce 90% of its rated capacity 24/7/365
The day of the nuclear power plant has come and gone. They are too dangerous

Which is great if you don't travel far. There are charging stations if you plan your trip correctly but charging takes hours turning a one day trip into a week long exercise.

The Volt had a 500 mile range overall....I'd never venture cross-country in a EV....what happens when you hit Centerville, Mo. at 2am and your battery is dead? I always thought every gas station in the country could put in a charging unit, but who wants a EV customer sitting around for 4-5 hours charging up? They have to find a quick-charge solution...220 helps a little but not enough to solve the problem.

Which is how ALL electric power works

We use some source of energy to spin a turbine
Wind does not involve a lethal power source
So you never heard of a tornado? How about a hurricane?
Again wind power emits no elemental fuel conversion byproducts

Only those involved in mining the rare earth metals the forging of steel and the manufacture of concrete

Wind is an intermittent source of power that is all it will ever be. On average a wind turbine only produces 25% of its rated capacity in actual power generated,

A nuclear power plant will produce 90% of its rated capacity 24/7/365
The day of the nuclear power plant has come and gone. They are too dangerous

Not really

Tell me what number of deaths per KW produced does the fossil fuel industry have?
Compare that to the nuclear power industry then tell me which is more dangerous.

There are reactor designs that eliminate all the potential hazards of our current light water reactors

What is it with you people who deny the advancement of technology?

Which is great if you don't travel far. There are charging stations if you plan your trip correctly but charging takes hours turning a one day trip into a week long exercise.

MOst people drive less than 50 miles a day.

The average household has more than 2 cars. 35% have 3 cars.

So what's the big deal if your daily driver is electric and you have another for long trips?

Shit you could own an electric and rent a nice car for long trips and it would still be cheaper to run than a gas powered car

Not really

Tell me what number of deaths per KW produced does the fossil fuel industry have?
Compare that to the nuclear power industry then tell me which is more dangerous.

There are reactor designs that eliminate all the potential hazards of our current light water reactors

What is it with you people who deny the advancement of technology?

It's the waste problem.....even transporting it is dangerous because there could be a spill or terrorist hijacking. I believe we should stick with natural gas...it's cheap, clean, and we have more than anybody else. I can't believe people are against coal....we don't need it but the third-world burning camel shit does and our coal is the best in the world and can be liquified and used in a pinch here.

I look forward to working on EV's they have to be easier than the inefficient gasoline internal combustion ancient history machine..
I look forward to passing you in my inefficient combustion engine car while you sit there charging your toy tesla

No gasoline engine can beat the torque of an electric motor.

And people still run out of gas all the time so it seems that people who forget to charge their cars have lots of company
Duh if electric cars were the norm we would need 100 acre charging stations everywhere or perhaps 20 story charging garages

Never heard of nuclear power huh?
The cars have to charge somewhere. You are mentally unfit, your brain is not processing info properly.

So what's the big deal if your daily driver is electric and you have another for long trips?

Shit you could own an electric and rent a nice car for long trips and it would still be cheaper to run than a gas powered car
You have an extra 80 grand

Moron

uh...you do know that you don't have to specifically buy a "Volt" to get a Bose sound system....right?

Besides, the Rockford Fosgate / Pioneer system in my luxury minian makes your Volt Bose sound system sound like a wet piezo electric 2 inch speaker :113:

lol

All kidding aside, American cars have improved quite a bit over the years. They had to....or die vs the imports.

Even the new Corvette has gone euro with Mid engine design and all wheel drive. Finally.

Electric cars are so quiet people staring at their smart-phomes walk out in front of them at crosswalks. Supposedly they are now producing a warning horn when they spot a pedestrian about to get clobbered.....another system that eventually breaks and has to be replaced. That's why I drive an '85 F-150 4x4....no airbags, no nothing but brute power and weight which means I win when a Prius hits me. I don't even need a road....when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, I'm on my way to the Rocky Mountains and nobody and nothing can stop me.
SO are cars that run out of gas

What's your point?
I am 54 years old and have never run out of gas. We are not all dumb like you

Meh, my 120mpg scooter KILLS your electric car (AND will use less petroleum products over it's entire lifespan).
Plus when it rains I get a free body wash to boot.
:abgg2q.jpg:

The only incentive needed is for them to be cheaper, more convenient, and drive better than internal combustion engine cars. Until or unless that happens, no other incentives will be effective.
/——/ Back in 1900 there were gas, electric and steam cars. Gas won then and will still be around for decades.

Liberal plan for eco-friendly vehicles include a treadmill inside. You stand up and run. For every two miles you run the vehicle will comfortably and safely move forward 100 meters. Deluxe model will have two additional child-size treadmills in case any liberal git escapes being aborted.

Forum List

Back