Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
High speed rail won't work.

Americans like to drive it's in our DNA

It works in Japan, Europe and China. All of whom are FAR more congested than the USA.

Know why it will work there and not here?

We have dimocrap scum

They don't

HSR would be a GODsend on the East Coast. Have you ever been on I-95? If you haven't, avoid it all costs. ALL costs.

But since that entire coast line is run by CRIMINAL dimocrap scum..... It just ain't gonna happen. Too much corruption, Too much graft. Too many greedy gumbahs in too many thieving Unions.

Networks_of_Major_High_Speed_Rail_Operators_in_Europe-Credit_Bernese_Media.gif

1024px-Rail_map_of_PRC.svg.png
Map_Shinkansen_network1000.png

Below is a Map of the High Speed Rail system in the USA --

bupkus
.___________________________________________________________________________________________
You answered your own question

Those places are far more congested

We have plenty of wide open spaces and Americans have a love affair with their cars other countries not so much.

The passenger trains we have now can't even break even without government subsidies what makes you think HSR will be able to ?

I for one wouldn't take a train anywhere in this country. I'd drive or fly

to them we do smell bad,,,

face it most jap cars leave american cars in the dust and are far superior in every aspect,,, more so in the 80's

I'm from Detroit and spent a summer at Saginaw steering gear so I know the car business and there's a lot more to it than how you bend the sheet-metal. The Japs jumped us when the Arabs cut off the oil...they had new plants, the best lathes and stamping machines, a young workforce, no unions, the best American marketing firms money could buy, and no pensions to pay. NOW that's all changed and we are once again building world-class cars. Remember the runaway Toyotas? That shattered their superiority image....especially when they wouldn't divulge what went wrong with the software....claimed it was "proprietary" and gave us the finger....cost them a billion dollars giving us the finger. Fuck the Japs....I hope Trump pounds them with tariffs until they open their markets to us....in many ways they are worse than China.

I look forward to working on EV's they have to be easier than the inefficient gasoline internal combustion ancient history machine..
I look forward to passing you in my inefficient combustion engine car while you sit there charging your toy tesla

I look forward to working on EV's they have to be easier than the inefficient gasoline internal combustion ancient history machine..
I look forward to passing you in my inefficient combustion engine car while you sit there charging your toy tesla

No gasoline engine can beat the torque of an electric motor.

And people still run out of gas all the time so it seems that people who forget to charge their cars have lots of company

And people still run out of gas all the time so it seems that people who forget to charge their cars have lots of company

You sure about that ?
Top Fuel Dragsters: Over 10,000 Horsepower Of Nitromethane Fury

I still consider it a "gasoline engine" Internal combustion vs electric, even if Nitromethane is not technically "gasoline"

You sure about that ?

I still consider it a "gasoline engine"

BFD

Top Fuel monsters put on notice: 5,000-hp electric dragster has 8 world records in its sights

Wrong again
Test Shows Top Fuel Engine Makes 11,000+ Horsepower

You sure about that ?

BFD

Top Fuel monsters put on notice: 5,000-hp electric dragster has 8 world records in its sights
Baby shit

Always get a kick out of those falsely believing that electric cars are environmentally freindly.

They depend on enviromnmentally unfriendly mining. They need electricity that is not enviromnmentally friendly. The manufacturing is not environmentally friendly. They batteries require replacement, again not really enviromnmentally friendly. They require roads which are made from oil products. The use tires made from oil. They use plastics made from oil.

If you live on n the cold northern climates they do not have the heat or range. Charging stations are not readily available and require time out of your travel. All in all a fun to play with article that you can pretend to be helping the environment with.

So if we can't be purer than the driven snow we should give up and screw the planet.
Good to see there is only one end or the other with you. Where did anyone say screw the planet? There may indeed be better alternatives then internal combustion and there may be better alternatives then electric running off a power grid run by nuclear or fossil fuels. Are we there yet no. Should we give up no. Has anyone suggested that, no.

Electric cars are so quiet people staring at their smart-phomes walk out in front of them at crosswalks. Supposedly they are now producing a warning horn when they spot a pedestrian about to get clobbered.....another system that eventually breaks and has to be replaced. That's why I drive an '85 F-150 4x4....no airbags, no nothing but brute power and weight which means I win when a Prius hits me. I don't even need a road....when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, I'm on my way to the Rocky Mountains and nobody and nothing can stop me.

Duh if electric cars were the norm we would need 100 acre charging stations everywhere or perhaps 20 story charging garages

Wrong again
You do know that horsepower and torque are not the same thing don't you?

Electric cars are so quiet people staring at their smart-phomes walk out in front of them at crosswalks. Supposedly they are now producing a warning horn when they spot a pedestrian about to get clobbered.....another system that eventually breaks and has to be replaced. That's why I drive an '85 F-150 4x4....no airbags, no nothing but brute power and weight which means I win when a Prius hits me. I don't even need a road....when the Zombie Apocalypse hits, I'm on my way to the Rocky Mountains and nobody and nothing can stop me.
Indeed electric cars are really quiet when they are sitting there doing nothing but charging

Duh if electric cars were the norm we would need 100 acre charging stations everywhere or perhaps 20 story charging garages

Never heard of nuclear power huh?

And FYI I never said anything abut an all electric vehicle scenario all I said was that EVs have a place in transportation

You sure about that ?

BFD

Baby shit
You do know that torque and horsepower are two different things don't you?

Wrong again
I own 3 cars, 3 SUVs and 1 boat. You still drive with Mommy

Yea I know that the World record for torque, horsepower or thrust will never be electric

But you dream on

ksc-atlas-rocket-launch.jpg

I will charge mine as I drive when I make the modifications to be on auto charge from the environment.

Wrong again
I own 3 cars, 3 SUVs and 1 boat. You still drive with Mommy

Yea I know that the World record for torque, horsepower or thrust will never be electric

But you dream on

ksc-atlas-rocket-launch.jpg

FYI my mother died when I was 14.

And you don't know shit about electric motors. A rocket engine and a car motor have absolutely no relationship to each other and are more like apples vs orangutans than apples vs oranges.

An electric motor that produces more torque can be rated at a lower horsepower than a fuel motor. It's all about power curves so maybe you want to educate yourself

Last edited:
Indeed electric cars are really quiet when they are sitting there doing nothing but charging
SO are cars that run out of gas

What's your point?

Forum List

Back