Electric cars are far cleaner than gas powered cars, we need incentives

Should congress pass laws incentivising buying electric cars over gas powered cars?

• yes, it makes environmental and economic sense, cars can charge at night balancing electric usage

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • no, keep the government out of the car business

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters
How many people will want to pour 7500 dollars into a 15 year old electric car that needs the battery replaced? It won't be worth half that by that time.

to them we do smell bad,,,

face it most jap cars leave american cars in the dust and are far superior in every aspect,,, more so in the 80's

I'm from Detroit and spent a summer at Saginaw steering gear so I know the car business and there's a lot more to it than how you bend the sheet-metal. The Japs jumped us when the Arabs cut off the oil...they had new plants, the best lathes and stamping machines, a young workforce, no unions, the best American marketing firms money could buy, and no pensions to pay. NOW that's all changed and we are once again building world-class cars. Remember the runaway Toyotas? That shattered their superiority image....especially when they wouldn't divulge what went wrong with the software....claimed it was "proprietary" and gave us the finger....cost them a billion dollars giving us the finger. Fuck the Japs....I hope Trump pounds them with tariffs until they open their markets to us....in many ways they are worse than China.

It is total lunacy to not know that the Japanese and Germans make better cars than we do.

I respect your loyalty, but GM just simply sucks ass. Bad. I mean, really bad. Plus the fact they freaking STOLE at LEAST 20 Billion from the American taxpayer.

Ford is always trying to do better but they always run into trouble. They're the last American Car Maker. At least they try. FCA is trying. Hard. They're doing better but, remember -- They're an Italian Company now.

But none of them have the technology the Germans and the Japanese have. It's not even close. Not even in the same Solar System.

When I buy a new Car for my Wife, it will be a Ford. But I recognize that Honda and Toyota make better cars for the money.

We still make better trucks and that's why I drive a Ram 2500 CTD with a truly American-Built engine

How many people will want to pour 7500 dollars into a 15 year old electric car that needs the battery replaced? It won't be worth half that by that time.

If I understand it correctly, the batteries are in packs. You can replace small 'packs' of the batteries as they go bad.

My knowledge might be dated, but I think they're basically just a bunch of cellphone batteries running together

to them we do smell bad,,,

face it most jap cars leave american cars in the dust and are far superior in every aspect,,, more so in the 80's

I'm from Detroit and spent a summer at Saginaw steering gear so I know the car business and there's a lot more to it than how you bend the sheet-metal. The Japs jumped us when the Arabs cut off the oil...they had new plants, the best lathes and stamping machines, a young workforce, no unions, the best American marketing firms money could buy, and no pensions to pay. NOW that's all changed and we are once again building world-class cars. Remember the runaway Toyotas? That shattered their superiority image....especially when they wouldn't divulge what went wrong with the software....claimed it was "proprietary" and gave us the finger....cost them a billion dollars giving us the finger. Fuck the Japs....I hope Trump pounds them with tariffs until they open their markets to us....in many ways they are worse than China.

It is total lunacy to not know that the Japanese and Germans make better cars than we do.

I respect your loyalty, but GM just simply sucks ass. Bad. I mean, really bad. Plus the fact they freaking STOLE at LEAST 20 Billion from the American taxpayer.

Ford is always trying to do better but they always run into trouble. They're the last American Car Maker. At least they try. FCA is trying. Hard. They're doing better but, remember -- They're an Italian Company now.

But none of them have the technology the Germans and the Japanese have. It's not even close. Not even in the same Solar System.

When I buy a new Car for my Wife, it will be a Ford. But I recognize that Honda and Toyota make better cars for the money.

We still make better trucks and that's why I drive a Ram 2500 CTD with a truly American-Built engine
Ford is transitioning to lawnmower engines with turbos, they will work well until they blow apart

giphy.gif

Electric cars are heavily dependent on toxic chemicals to be built. Even something as simple as mining the Copper which electric vehicles have an enormous amount of copper in them, are an environmental nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

Here are copper mines seen from space.

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

162656main_image_feature_697_ys_full.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

thats why recycling is so important,,

You will NEVER be able to recycle enough Copper to convert 300 Million combustion vehicles to Electric.
Not only that, you need other Toxic Chemicals like Lithium, and Rare Earths etc. and other minerals.

It would be easier to send people to colonize Mars than to get rid of Hydrocarbon Fuels which btw, are Distilled in The Earth's Interior, and are Abiotic in nature, and not finite.
why are you converting old cars??? thats just stupid,,
just build new ones,,,we do that everyday

and I hate to break it to you but oil is running out and we can never grow enough corn to replace it,,,or cook enough french fries,,,

giphy.gif

Electric cars are heavily dependent on toxic chemicals to be built. Even something as simple as mining the Copper which electric vehicles have an enormous amount of copper in them, are an environmental nightmare.
maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg
They dug those mines not for cars. So now you want us to get rid of electricity in our society......
Do combustion engine vehicles have Copper in their wiring? Yes, they dug those mines for cars and anything else that needs copper, just like they dug lithium mines for the stupid cell phone you carry thinking you are cool and loving mother Earth, just like they have to mine for Copper, Lithium, Lead, Zinc, Iron Ore, Drill for Oil, Produce Plastics, Rubber and other Hydrocarbon based Polymers all to make an Electric Car.

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg
They dug those mines not for cars. So now you want us to get rid of electricity in our society......
Do combustion engine vehicles have Copper in their wiring? Yes, they dug those mines for cars and anything else that needs copper, just like they dug lithium mines for the stupid cell phone you carry thinking you are cool and loving mother Earth, just like they have to mine for Copper, Lithium, Lead, Zinc, Iron Ore, Drill for Oil, Produce Plastics, Rubber and other Hydrocarbon based Polymers all to make an Electric Car.
it's amazing the stupid that these pukes spew without knowing anything except parroting.

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg

You will NEVER be able to recycle enough Copper to convert 300 Million combustion vehicles to Electric.
Not only that, you need other Toxic Chemicals like Lithium, and Rare Earths etc. and other minerals.

It would be easier to send people to colonize Mars than to get rid of Hydrocarbon Fuels which btw, are Distilled in The Earth's Interior, and are Abiotic in nature, and not finite.

and I hate to break it to you but oil is running out and we can never grow enough corn to replace it,,,or cook enough french fries,,,

If you believe Oil is Running Out, you are Brainwashed. Let me ask you one question. There was never life on the Moon Titan. Yet, the entire planet is awash in Petroleum and Natural Gas. There are Oceans and Rivers of it.

Hydrogen and Carbon are the two most abundant elements on Earth.

Hydrocarbons can be artificially made on the surface of Earth from Garbage and are made in the interior of Earth under heat and pressure which combine Hydrogen and Carbon in to Hydrocarbons.

Americans are stupid and most fail Chemistry. How can someone not know that Hydrogen and Carbon can be combined together to make all types of Hydrocarbons?

Fossil Fuel is a joke, and a nearly 200 year old failed theory.

Guess what the "Sludge" is on the last image?

Petroleum.

pia18432_main.jpg

751568main_pia17031b-full_full.jpg
\
pia20026.jpg

Cassini Explores a Methane Sea on Titan

you have to consider what it takes to make a gallon of gas/fuel,,

used to be real cheap,,,now like the ethanol hoax which takes 1 1/2 gal of fossil fuels to make 1 gal of ethanol plus government subsidies,,,,stupid if you ask me

its getting close on crude that its going to take 1 gal to get 1 gal

and fracking is one of the dumber things humans have done

as for methane exactly how does that power a car???

fact is there is still a lot of research need mostly on the waste from all of the materials involved,,,
How do you not know that Methane Powered Cars and Buses exist?

Geez oh Pete, dude. You can make Motor Oil from Natural Gas. Go right to Autozone and ask for it. Hydrocarbons can be distilled in to all types of molecular configurations. Vaseline, Motor Oil, Kerosene, Diesel Fuel, Gasoline, Jet Fuel....etc. etc.

Just for reference, Benzene is Gasoline. This is just a small sample of the products that can be distilled from Petroleum and Natural Gas which btw include all sorts of plastics.

It's time to educate you dumb bitches.

Try to grill on your Propane Grill without Hydrocarbons some time, or cook food in a gas oven.

03000001_624x469.png

biopetro.jpg

Alkenes.jpg

natural-gas-flame-symbol-gas-lighting-meaning-l-18a9220178b48e9c.jpg

Actually battery-mobiles are a boon to American industry.

Especially the fire-extinguisher industry.

That was a favorite myth to smear the Volt....except it was bullshit...Did a couple catch fire? probably but it had nothing to do with the battery-pack. Supposedly state troopers were getting electrocuted by wrecked Volts...more bullshit...there's a cutout switch in the truck they all knew about. Bottom line? Americans were pissed GM got bailed out, pissed that Barry the Fairy wanted GM to go "green" before they were ready by a decade, and many were guilty about driving Jap cars when our car factories were being abandoned. Hate GM if it makes ya feel better I used to say...but if they go under, they'll drag Ford and Chrysler down with them and then you get to pay unemployment and welfare money to a million workers and satellite businesses that depended on the car plants to stay open. I was okay with the bailout....without an auto industry, we can't fight a world war by converting those factories to built half-tracks and tanks. Detroit built the war machine that whipped the Nips and the Nazis.

If you believe Oil is Running Out, you are Brainwashed. Let me ask you one question. There was never life on the Moon Titan. Yet, the entire planet is awash in Petroleum and Natural Gas. There are Oceans and Rivers of it.

Hydrocarbons can be artificially made on the surface of Earth from Garbage and are made in the interior of Earth under heat and pressure which combine Hydrogen and Carbon in to Hydrocarbons.

Americans are stupid and most fail Chemistry. How can someone not know that Hydrogen and Carbon can be combined together to make all types of Hydrocarbons?

Petroleum.

pia18432_main.jpg

\
pia20026.jpg

used to be real cheap,,,now like the ethanol hoax which takes 1 1/2 gal of fossil fuels to make 1 gal of ethanol plus government subsidies,,,,stupid if you ask me

fact is there is still a lot of research need mostly on the waste from all of the materials involved,,,

Geez oh Pete, dude. You can make Motor Oil from Natural Gas. Go right to Autozone and ask for it. Hydrocarbons can be distilled in to all types of molecular configurations. Vaseline, Motor Oil, Kerosene, Diesel Fuel, Gasoline, Jet Fuel....etc. etc.

Just for reference, Benzene is Gasoline. This is just a small sample of the products that can be distilled from Petroleum and Natural Gas which btw include all sorts of plastics.

Try to grill on your Propane Grill without Hydrocarbons some time, or cook food in a gas oven.

03000001_624x469.png

biopetro.jpg

Alkenes.jpg

Methane is just another gas fuel

maxresdefault.jpg

mines_toquepala1b.jpg

ISS022-E-26137.jpg
it's amazing the stupid that these pukes spew without knowing anything except parroting.
Talk to someone that believes in Global Warming and Green Energy and you are talking to some of the dumbest people on the planet.

Actually battery-mobiles are a boon to American industry.

Especially the fire-extinguisher industry.

That was a favorite myth to smear the Volt....except it was bullshit...Did a couple catch fire? probably but it had nothing to do with the battery-pack. Supposedly state troopers were getting electrocuted by wrecked Volts...more bullshit...there's a cutout switch in the truck they all knew about. Bottom line? Americans were pissed GM got bailed out, pissed that Barry the Fairy wanted GM to go "green" before they were ready by a decade, and many were guilty about driving Jap cars when our car factories were being abandoned. Hate GM if it makes ya feel better I used to say...but if they go under, they'll drag Ford and Chrysler down with them and then you get to pay unemployment and welfare money to a million workers and satellite businesses that depended on the car plants to stay open. I was okay with the bailout....without an auto industry, we can't fight a world war by converting those factories to built half-tracks and tanks. Detroit built the war machine that whipped the Nips and the Nazis.
GM sucks. The volt is dead by the way

If climate concerns are very important to democrats, then we all should be driving electric cars. We need tax incentives to get car buyers into EVs. Also, raising the gas tax to fund infrastructure would be a good thing too.
Charging An Electric Vehicle Is Far Cleaner Than Driving On Gasoline, Everywhere In America
Lets take a poll.

I don't own a car, but my daughter has a Chevy Impala Hybrid, which she plugs in at night. My my brother-in-law has a Toyota hybrid. Their gas useage is about 1/4 of what they had with their gas powered cars.

Trump recently rolled back emissions guidelines for coal fired plants. His own Administration estimate this will cost 1,400 Americans their lives. And it won't do jack shit towards bringing back coal.
Lol
Without fossil fuels rural America would be a waste land... Fossil fuels are here to stay.
The largest oil/coal/gas reserves are are yet to be found...

Petroleum.

pia18432_main.jpg

\
pia20026.jpg

03000001_624x469.png

biopetro.jpg

Alkenes.jpg

Methane is just another gas fuel
Methane is a Hydrocarbon, same as Crude Oil is, which can be isolated from Natural Gas or Petroleum.

Now, do you know why they call it Natural Gas?

Because Natural Gas is not distilled (REFINED IN A REFINERY) and does NOT have the various gases separated.

So when they pipe Natural Gas to your house, it is coming Straight from The Ground and only has a Odor added to it, only so Humans can smell a gas leak. That's all they do to it. Otherwise it's completely odorless and you would not know if a gas pipe was leaking.

Natural gas contains methane, Ethane. propane, butane, so you can flick you bic and smoke a blunt, it also contains Helium.

Forum List

Back