Elementary school shooting

Yup. Knee jerk reactionaries. The breed on message boards. I am still trying to understand the what and why.
More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

It is too late for gun control. America is fucked.

I agree.

The next step is arming kindergartners and turning schools into veritable prisons. Really sad state of affairs in America.

Bullshit. I've been shooting since I was a teen. I never killed a thing, unless you think clay pigeons are alive. :rolleyes:

And, I totally enjoyed killing those clay pigeons.

Bullshit. Target practice = glorified killing practice.

Even so, are you using your semi-automatic assault rifle for that? Probably not.
Piss off. I enjoy shooting clay pigeons. I have been invited to go hunting and refuse because I refuse to kill anything (except spiders, wasps, hornets, ants, and houseflys).

I am the world's foremost authority on my views, motivations, thoughts, feelings, etc. You are a moron on that topic.

You didn't answer my question.

Actually, armed teachers is a pretty good precaution.

I don't see it happening. But I'll bet every one of the teachers hiding kids wished they had a gun.

How did he get in????My elementary school had doors that were locked and prevented people from just walking in during school hours.

I heard that they had some sort of checkpoint, but that since the shooter's mother worked at the school the shooter was probably known and that might be how he got in.

Actually, armed teachers is a pretty good precaution.

I don't see it happening. But I'll bet every one of the teachers hiding kids wished they had a gun.

I would not trust the safety of my child to teachers in a school where they carry any kind of weapons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

They had something, they had just initiated some new sort of security protocol or something.

If someone wants to do this, they're going to do it.

Yup. Knee jerk reactionaries. The breed on message boards. I am still trying to understand the what and why.
More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

It is too late for gun control. America is fucked.

lol... such an attitude...

here's a tune just for you...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWLAaCz0fQk]I'm a loser baby (so why don't you kill me?) - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, guns/guns were involved as a tool but in the end, I bet it the determining factor was a mental health issue that came to a boiling point.
Maybe we should be looking at how this country looks upon and treats mental health.
Across this nation, states have been cutting funding to treatment mental health by over a billion dollars since 2009 because of the effects their budgets have experienced since the Great Recession. It's obvious that mental health isn't taken seriously in the US.
It's hard to head off instances like this and identifying potential threats to society when there is little attention being focused on mental health and treating it as a minor issue that doesn't deserve the proper funds.
Some food for thought.

I agree.

A common thread appears to be that the people around the killer say that he was freak'n nuts and they were afraid of him. The parents say they have been trying to get him help for years. And still, he can go out and buy as many guns and as much ammo as he wants

We need to stop protecting their rights and start protecting the safety of the community. If you are reported, get him help. Take away his gun rights until he has been cleared by a psychologists. It may inconvenience some people but we have repeatedly seen the results when we do nothing

I heard on the radio that all three guns were owned by and registered to his mother......

Yes, guns/guns were involved as a tool but in the end, I bet it the determining factor was a mental health issue that came to a boiling point.
Maybe we should be looking at how this country looks upon and treats mental health.
Across this nation, states have been cutting funding to treatment mental health by over a billion dollars since 2009 because of the effects their budgets have experienced since the Great Recession. It's obvious that mental health isn't taken seriously in the US.
It's hard to head off instances like this and identifying potential threats to society when there is little attention being focused on mental health and treating it as a minor issue that doesn't deserve the proper funds.
Some food for thought.

I agree.

A common thread appears to be that the people around the killer say that he was freak'n nuts and they were afraid of him. The parents say they have been trying to get him help for years. And still, he can go out and buy as many guns and as much ammo as he wants

We need to stop protecting their rights and start protecting the safety of the community. If you are reported, get him help. Take away his gun rights until he has been cleared by a psychologists. It may inconvenience some people but we have repeatedly seen the results when we do nothing

I heard on the radio that all three guns were owned by and registered to his mother......

And didn't the mall shooter steal the weapon from his friend?

Like I said many posts back, who's guns were they?

I followed that with parental error.

She lived with him too and had no idea?

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Except we now know the guns used in today's massacre were in fact owned by a teacher.

Namely the mother of the mentally ill man who did the shooting. And she was his first victim.

Hey, but more guns will definitely make us safer. Really. I know you all need to believe that.

Wonder why she thought she needed the guns?

A mentally unstable son who could overpower her perhaps?

Some food for thought.

I agree.

Sad isn't it?

Her own guns and bullets were used to kill not only her but the children she knew and loved

18 kids dead. Okay, I am back in the gun control camp. This is just fucking out of hand.

If I thought gun control would work I'd be there with you but it won't guns are everywhere, there is no such thing as gun control.

How come rightwingers will insist all day they can make an abortion law work but gun control laws are unworkable....

Common sense would seem to indicate it's the other way around.

I don't think we should ban all guns, but we should treat them like controlled items.

Apparently we have a teacher with a mentally ill son who still felt the need to have no less than four guns in the house. And a lot of ammo. Didn't make her any safer, did it?

Forum List

Back