Elementary school shooting

Clearly pet squirrels are undervalued.

I mean the next thing I know cats won't ....

Whoa! You folks are sick.

Last edited:
That's why I love this place. 19 pages of 'facts'. 90 percent of which were wrong and stated before anyone knew anything lol.

On a side not it's no surprise luddly started it. It's like he leaves a new thread window open 24x7 just in case

You two are AWESOME!... :thup:

:)

peace...

Just pragmatic

The US has 270 million guns in circulation, that genie is not going back in the bottle. The US has a gun culture that is not going to accept any gun regulations whether they save lives or not.

As citizens, we just have to accept the occaisional gun massacres as part of being an American

As do Societies that have Gun Bans.

Blowing up that School would have been EASY and Killed more people.

Oh yeah... Fuck you. :thup:

:)

peace...

Not true, and stupid.

Home schooling gets more appealing by the day.

Home schooling does have benefits, but also....the non interaction with the children has it's draw backs IMO. There are all types of children personalities.....I think children need to be exposed to them to have a well rounded character.
Just a rabbit trail, my apologies.

Yes, guns/guns were involved as a tool but in the end, I bet the determining factor was a mental health issue that came to a boiling point.
Maybe we should be looking at how this country looks upon and treats mental health.
Across this nation, states have been cutting funding to treatment mental health by over 1.8 billion dollars since 2009 because of the effects their budgets have experienced since the Great Recession. It's obvious that mental health isn't taken seriously in the US.
It's hard to head off instances like this and identifying potential threats to society when there is little attention being focused on mental health and treating it as a minor issue that doesn't deserve the proper funds.
Some food for thought.

Last edited:
Just got in and saw this on the news. My God, what the hell is wrong with people? How can someone be such a sicko as to shoot people, let alone little kids????

My heart goes out to the victims and all affected. They were freakin' kindergarteners that he shot, five and six year olds! I am going to be sick.

:(
The pictures of the kids with absolute terror on their faces makes my heart ache. Ugh.

Just got in and saw this on the news. My God, what the hell is wrong with people? How can someone be such a sicko as to shoot people, let alone little kids????

My heart goes out to the victims and all affected. They were freakin' kindergarteners that he shot, five and six year olds! I am going to be sick.

:(
The pictures of the kids with absolute terror on their faces makes my heart ache. Ugh.

:( It hurts so bad. That age is scared so easily by even little things. I can only imagine the deep awful fear these little ones went through today.

Kindergarten should be the safest place on Earth, next to the womb. No I am not going into that discussion here, it is just how I feel about babies and children. I despise those who harm children.

Yes, guns/guns were involved as a tool but in the end, I bet it the determining factor was a mental health issue that came to a boiling point.
Maybe we should be looking at how this country looks upon and treats mental health.
Across this nation, states have been cutting funding to treatment mental health by over a billion dollars since 2009 because of the effects their budgets have experienced since the Great Recession. It's obvious that mental health isn't taken seriously in the US.
It's hard to head off instances like this and identifying potential threats to society when there is little attention being focused on mental health and treating it as a minor issue that doesn't deserve the proper funds.
Some food for thought.

I agree.

A common thread appears to be that the people around the killer say that he was freak'n nuts and they were afraid of him. The parents say they have been trying to get him help for years. And still, he can go out and buy as many guns and as much ammo as he wants

We need to stop protecting their rights and start protecting the safety of the community. If you are reported, get him help. Take away his gun rights until he has been cleared by a psychologists. It may inconvenience some people but we have repeatedly seen the results when we do nothing

just because there is an amendment doesn't make a 'right' absolute. heller was a terrible decision. breyer's dissent is much more on target. that said, even the right to free speech is subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions... commercial speech is subject to controls..

the 4th amendment has restrictions to the warrant requirement.. and there are reasonable circumstances absent a warrant when someone can be searched.

i'm certainly not asserting any type of ban. but i don't think the answer to gun violence is more guns. and honestly, i'm not sure we can ever address the real problem... which is the childishness of certain pro gun types... as if it's a toy and not a weapon. they actually like the idea of the wild west where in their minds they get to shoot the bad guys.

I am still waiting for one person that believes in restricting people's rights to explain what restrictions should be placed on abortion.

Shut up.

That is pretty much what happens every time I mention that.

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?
All of the listed have been used to kill.
In fact baseball bats are the most popular murder weapon out there.

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.

Yup. Knee jerk reactionaries. The breed on message boards. I am still trying to understand the what and why.
More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

It is too late for gun control. America is fucked.

I kind of hate engaging in this type of discussion so soon after the tragedy, but do we ban axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers, etc etc.... ?

This is a tragic situation, but we can't act emotionally and pass more dumb laws.

Yup. Knee jerk reactionaries. The breed on message boards. I am still trying to understand the what and why.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

More gun laws will not make us safer is my position. More drugs laws will not stop illegal drug activity.

What you are failing to understand is that axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers etc etc all serve a useful purpose other than to kill something.

Guns are used to kill and serve no other purpose.
Bullshit. I've been shooting since I was a teen. I never killed a thing, unless you think clay pigeons are alive. :rolleyes:

And, I totally enjoyed killing those clay pigeons.

Bullshit. Target practice = glorified killing practice.

Even so, are you using your semi-automatic assault rifle for that? Probably not.

Yes, guns/guns were involved as a tool but in the end, I bet it the determining factor was a mental health issue that came to a boiling point.
Across this nation, states have been cutting funding to treatment mental health by over a billion dollars since 2009 because of the effects their budgets have experienced since the Great Recession. It's obvious that mental health isn't taken seriously in the US.
Some food for thought.

I agree.

A common thread appears to be that the people around the killer say that he was freak'n nuts and they were afraid of him. The parents say they have been trying to get him help for years. And still, he can go out and buy as many guns and as much ammo as he wants

We need to stop protecting their rights and start protecting the safety of the community. If you are reported, get him help. Take away his gun rights until he has been cleared by a psychologists. It may inconvenience some people but we have repeatedly seen the results when we do nothing
I don't know if we know Adam actually bought the guns. Maybe Ryan owned them or his father.

I know if I had a hinky family member, I would not have guns in my house, or at least I would have them locked up tighter than a Fort Knox safe.

I'm sorry if this has been posted but has it been revealed who owned the guns and their status? Legal etc...?

What you are failing to understand is that axes, hammers, baseball bats, cars, knives, ropes, screwdrivers etc etc all serve a useful purpose other than to kill something.

Guns are used to kill and serve no other purpose.
Bullshit. I've been shooting since I was a teen. I never killed a thing, unless you think clay pigeons are alive. :rolleyes:

And, I totally enjoyed killing those clay pigeons.

Bullshit. Target practice = glorified killing practice.

Even so, are you using your semi-automatic assault rifle for that? Probably not.
Piss off. I enjoy shooting clay pigeons. I have been invited to go hunting and refuse because I refuse to kill anything (except spiders, wasps, hornets, ants, and houseflys).

I am the world's foremost authority on my views, motivations, thoughts, feelings, etc. You are a moron on that topic.

More gun laws will not make us safer is my position. More drugs laws will not stop illegal drug activity.

I agree. There is no safeguard to protect anyone from that which is unpredictable. Even if the shooter had a propensity towards violence and showed those tendencies I do not believe it was predictable that he would have directed it at the school, unless he specified that at an earlier time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum List

Back