Elementary school shooting

We don't have an amendment that says right to drive a car.

just because there is an amendment doesn't make a 'right' absolute. heller was a terrible decision. breyer's dissent is much more on target. that said, even the right to free speech is subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions... commercial speech is subject to controls..

the 4th amendment has restrictions to the warrant requirement.. and there are reasonable circumstances absent a warrant when someone can be searched.

i'm certainly not asserting any type of ban. but i don't think the answer to gun violence is more guns. and honestly, i'm not sure we can ever address the real problem... which is the childishness of certain pro gun types... as if it's a toy and not a weapon. they actually like the idea of the wild west where in their minds they get to shoot the bad guys.

Glad to hear your opinion, Jillian.
Just like everybody else, they all have their opinion.
No more weight with your than theirs.

no offense, but i do have greater weight to what i said as it accurately portrays the state of the law viz the other amendments.

but thanks for your 'opinion'.

More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

Better question is, what are you willing to give up to stop them? Gun control is not going to stop them, Connecticut already requires a permit to purchase a handgun, yet this guy had two of them.

he didn't live in connecticut he lived in hoboken, nj.

and maybe that means there should be real criteria for obtaining a license... like psychological testing...

it's harder to get a drivers license than a gun license.

In Illinois I have to consent to a medical and criminal background check to get a FOID card before I can legally buy or own guns.

I don't have to do that to get a driver's license.

When the Founding Fathers protected our right to free speech, I think that meant we were supposed to use it. ~ Jillian's sig

Using your second amendment right is apparently NOT to be excerised however.

again... there are reasonable restrictions on speech, too, or libel and slander wouldn't be actionable.

people lose their common sense when they talk about guns.

One would think that a lawyer would understand the difference between free speech and libel.

One would, obviously, be wrong.

Could be....there are some sick...very sick....fucks walking the face of the earth. In fact, I would bet sick fucks have been walking the face of the earth since the dawn of man.

Absolutely. Arming them just makes it easier for them to be sick fucks.
I understand what you are saying....guns and emotions don't mix well at all. But, I keep going back to this being more of a societal problem than a gun problem. Guns were more available decades ago, but we rarely saw this shit.

What is going on in society that causes folks to kill like this? There have been school bombings, too. What is going on in our society?

The rubber met the road with this post.

just because there is an amendment doesn't make a 'right' absolute. heller was a terrible decision. breyer's dissent is much more on target. that said, even the right to free speech is subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions... commercial speech is subject to controls..

the 4th amendment has restrictions to the warrant requirement.. and there are reasonable circumstances absent a warrant when someone can be searched.

i'm certainly not asserting any type of ban. but i don't think the answer to gun violence is more guns. and honestly, i'm not sure we can ever address the real problem... which is the childishness of certain pro gun types... as if it's a toy and not a weapon. they actually like the idea of the wild west where in their minds they get to shoot the bad guys.

no offense, but i do have greater weight to what i said as it accurately portrays the state of the law viz the other amendments.

Bullshit. You are implying that there are no restrictions on gun ownership like there are on speech and searches.

There are restrictions on speech...thankfully few because it is an inherent right.

There are restrictions on searches....thankfully few because it is an inherent right to be protected from them.

There are restrictions on gun ownership....not all that few and it is in inherent right.

Your ego has a bad case of the delusions.

Last edited:
Bazookas? RPGs? Nuclear warheads? Abrams M-1 A-1 tanks? There is a sensible line that has been obliterated by the gun lobby. Automatic weapons, weapons with high capacity magazines have no legitimate use other than in war. Such weapons have no real reason to be other than weapons of war. They should be banned and outlawed and destroyed when confiscated. And that work needs to begin now.

The second amendment protects only military style firearms that are to be used in protection against the government.
Your agenda is a NO FUCKING SALE.

It must sicken you to defend the indefensible. And when reading the 2nd amendment, why ignore the entire clause outlining "well regulated militias"? There is no reason,. no rational reason why citizens should be armed as soldiers. When they are, we endure unspeakable tragedies like the one today in Connecticut.

But there remains intractable, unreasonable, wholly ignorant people who somehow jettison all morality and step up to defend such horrid weapons. Senseless.

Why do you ignore the fact that the right to bear arms is designated to beling to the people, not to militias?

If Hell is where the shooter is now, and I believe that is EXACTLY where he is now, may he be burning HARD now. :mad: :mad: :mad:

God bless you and every impacted family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I just have one question for the Lord right now...If people have to die, why can't they live to be 100 years old at least?

Well, that's got to be some personality disorder, jesus.

I am familiar with Asperger syndrome with a family member who is the most gentle of beings. That alone is not an insight into this violence imo but thanks for the link with the added details.

4:52 p.m: Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a “personality disorder.” Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

LIVE UPDATES: Newtown, Conn., School Shooting - ABC News

...and the guns belonged to whom?

Mentally imbalanced with access to guns. Can anyone say parental error?

Absolutely. Arming them just makes it easier for them to be sick fucks.
I understand what you are saying....guns and emotions don't mix well at all. But, I keep going back to this being more of a societal problem than a gun problem. Guns were more available decades ago, but we rarely saw this shit.

What is going on in society that causes folks to kill like this? There have been school bombings, too. What is going on in our society?
That's the million dollar question.

Romans 1:28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

Matthew 24:12 Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold.

That's what's going on.

I am familiar with Asperger syndrome with a family member who is the most gentle of beings. That alone is not an insight into this violence imo but thanks for the link with the added details.
I realize that and it would be a shame to see those that suffer from it tarred.

The personality disorder is another story, if true.

You do have quite an ego, Jillian. Not sure if it's deserved.
But, your opinion on the Heller decision means nothing to me and most on this board.
Your thoughts on the "Wild West" is certainly entertaining but is not realistic. just sayin.....
Thank YOU for playing.

I realize that and it would be a shame to see those that suffer from it tarred.

The personality disorder is another story, if true.

True. After some time has passed, like so many, I want to understand what causes people to make these horrible decisions. I feel this after many of these mass killings but even when there is a single hard to understand death. The workings of the mind of those who kill. I have never felt any desire to harm others ever. I get angry at times like most people, I have had arguments and have been furious but not once has anyone every reached me to the level I want to kill them. What makes some so young snap so violently? I drive alot for work and see more anger on the roads and often wonder what is causing it.

Of course I suppose if someone hurt someone I loved that calmmess and reason would be out the window.

We don't have an amendment that says right to drive a car.

I am still waiting for one person that believes in restricting people's rights to explain what restrictions should be placed on abortion.

Shut up.

Forum List

Back