Elementary school shooting

You can make that staement shorter and then it would make sense. Without guns there would not be any mass shooting.

Mass shootings always happen in gun free zones.
When the police military and obama's secret service detail dis arm we'll talk
If specious logic drives your argument, you have no argument.

You have no common sense
Where do mass shooting happen?
A.gun free zones
B police departments
C GUN RANGES
d Gun shows

Keep trying to kill our freedom libys
What about the freedom of the kids to attend school without getting killed?
Cool. But, there's always school bombings so we'll make bombs illegal.

Oh wait....they already are, too.

You know what? I think these shooters wouldn't get as big of a charge out of it if they did it with a bomb. Case in point, I've seen one article stating that that has ever happened.

I guess the most deadly mass murder of school kids was in the 20s when someone set off 2-3 bombs in a school.

People who are pro-abortion probably aren't the people you want determining how to best defend children from attack. Just saying.

I guess the most deadly mass murder of school kids was in the 20s when someone set off 2-3 bombs in a school.

People who are pro-abortion probably aren't the people you want determining how to best defend children from attack. Just saying.
At least you're consistent.

What about the freedom of the kids to attend school without getting killed?

You know what? I think these shooters wouldn't get as big of a charge out of it if they did it with a bomb. Case in point, I've seen one article stating that that has ever happened.
Could be....there are some sick...very sick....fucks walking the face of the earth. In fact, I would bet sick fucks have been walking the face of the earth since the dawn of man.

At least you're consistent.

You guys are doing a great job of keeping this nation's kids safe.

It is time to have a serious discussion.

Will this discussion include violent video games and movies?

They watch and play violent video games and movies in other countries, and this stuff doesn't happen as often as here.
Michael Moore is a nut case but he made a very good point in Bowling For Columbine. It isn't the video games, it isn't the guns, it is the fear we have as Americans and that is put into us by politicians and the media.

More like the straw that broke the camel's back.

If you don't support gun control, what is your answer to stop the ever more common mass killings? Don't be part of the problem, that isn't a way to solve anything.

Better question is, what are you willing to give up to stop them? Gun control is not going to stop them, Connecticut already requires a permit to purchase a handgun, yet this guy had two of them.

he didn't live in connecticut he lived in hoboken, nj.

and maybe that means there should be real criteria for obtaining a license... like psychological testing...

it's harder to get a drivers license than a gun license.

New Jersey also requires a permit to purchase a gun. so where he lives is not a factor. Do you know of any type of psychological test that is not, ultimately, come down to the opinion of the person administering the test? Would you be willing to base your driver's license on a test like that?

What makes you think it is harder to get a driver's license anyway? Does a drivers license require a criminal background check? Are there conditions on drivers licenses that prohibit them from being issued to people with a history of psychiatric illness? Are you aware of any instances of police confiscating people's cars because they make vaguely threatening statements or say they are depressed?

Last edited:

Could be....there are some sick...very sick....fucks walking the face of the earth. In fact, I would bet sick fucks have been walking the face of the earth since the dawn of man.

Absolutely. Arming them just makes it easier for them to be sick fucks.

I understand what you are saying....guns and emotions don't mix well at all. But, I keep going back to this being more of a societal problem than a gun problem. Guns were more available decades ago, but we rarely saw this shit.

What is going on in society that causes folks to kill like this? There have been school bombings, too. What is going on in our society?

he didn't live in connecticut he lived in hoboken, nj.

and maybe that means there should be real criteria for obtaining a license... like psychological testing...

it's harder to get a drivers license than a gun license.
We don't have an amendment that says right to drive a car.

just because there is an amendment doesn't make a 'right' absolute. heller was a terrible decision. breyer's dissent is much more on target. that said, even the right to free speech is subject to reasonable time, place and manner restrictions... commercial speech is subject to controls..

the 4th amendment has restrictions to the warrant requirement.. and there are reasonable circumstances absent a warrant when someone can be searched.

i'm certainly not asserting any type of ban. but i don't think the answer to gun violence is more guns. and honestly, i'm not sure we can ever address the real problem... which is the childishness of certain pro gun types... as if it's a toy and not a weapon. they actually like the idea of the wild west where in their minds they get to shoot the bad guys.

I am still waiting for one person that believes in restricting people's rights to explain what restrictions should be placed on abortion.

You simply can't design a test to predict future actions of anyone. I might be completely sane and mild mannered in all things. Then my pet squirrel gets run over and I'm blasting at red Mustangs all day.

What can be done, is when a person notices a sharp change in the behavior of someone they know, report it to the police. Then law enforcement needs to follow up. Most times these people have a new pattern of behavior.

I understand what you are saying....guns and emotions don't mix well at all. But, I keep going back to this being more of a societal problem than a gun problem. Guns were more available decades ago, but we rarely saw this shit.

What is going on in society that causes folks to kill like this? There have been school bombings, too. What is going on in our society?
That's the million dollar question.

We haven't had a murder with a gun here in a while. A seventeen year old DID kill another driver, without a license on Wednesday. This happens much more often in most places.

You simply can't design a test to predict future actions of anyone. I might be completely sane and mild mannered in all things. Then my pet squirrel gets run over and I'm blasting at red Mustangs all day.

What can be done, is when a person notices a sharp change in the behavior of someone they know, report it to the police. Then law enforcement needs to follow up. Most times these people have a new pattern of behavior.

Human beings. Free and dangerous at times. I will not give up freedom to garner some faux sense of safeness.

Forum List

Back