Elementary school shooting

I agree.

A common thread appears to be that the people around the killer say that he was freak'n nuts and they were afraid of him. The parents say they have been trying to get him help for years. And still, he can go out and buy as many guns and as much ammo as he wants

We need to stop protecting their rights and start protecting the safety of the community. If you are reported, get him help. Take away his gun rights until he has been cleared by a psychologists. It may inconvenience some people but we have repeatedly seen the results when we do nothing

I heard on the radio that all three guns were owned by and registered to his mother......

And didn't the mall shooter steal the weapon from his friend?

Yes he did.

[
Remind us how the press reports nationally the murders that occur daily in Chicago? I wonder why that is? As for common, mass shootings are NOT common. And taking away the rights of law abiding citizens won't stop them.

1) Why always the need to pick on Chicago?

2) As far as I'm concerned, mass shootings are too common. We've had four so far this year that I can recall. (Aurora, the Sihk Temple, the Mall and this abomination.) And every time we have one of these things, we find out two things.

a) The person involved was seriously mentally ill.

b) They still had way too easy access to guns.

18 kids dead. Okay, I am back in the gun control camp. This is just fucking out of hand.

If I thought gun control would work I'd be there with you but it won't guns are everywhere, there is no such thing as gun control.

How come rightwingers will insist all day they can make an abortion law work but gun control laws are unworkable....

Common sense would seem to indicate it's the other way around.

I don't think we should ban all guns, but we should treat them like controlled items.

Apparently we have a teacher with a mentally ill son who still felt the need to have no less than four guns in the house. And a lot of ammo. Didn't make her any safer, did it?
The only firearms that are protected by the second amendment are those in common use for the military.

1500 people don't die from gun accidents...

And while there may not be as many who die in shooting sprees as there are in accidents (though I think it's a lot closer than you think) there are tens of thousands of firearm homicides.

I am not blaming it on anything...

i am pointing out that people with issues are exposed to ideas that may not have occurred to them before.... grander plans and such.

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

Enabling them by providing the tools is the problem, imo.
But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

1) Mass shooting incidents are as common now as they were then. Do you really think we didn't have mass shooting incidents in the 1960's? Overall, the murder rate has gone down. But that has more to do with the fact we are getting older as a nation.

2) GUns aren't that much harder to get. In fact, there are more guns now. More powerful guns, as well.

Now, there are some changes. First, it's just a lot harder to get a mentally ill person incarcerated for his own good. Thank the combination of liberals thinking locking up the mentally ill was "inhumane" and the conservatives underfunding mental health services.

Probably doesn't help when the media glorifies this stuff with wall to wall coverage, either.

1500 people don't die from gun accidents...

And while there may not be as many who die in shooting sprees as there are in accidents (though I think it's a lot closer than you think) there are tens of thousands of firearm homicides.

Accidental gun deaths, intentional gun deaths, and gun control

1500 accidental gun deaths per year ^^^

The Appalling Frequency of the Shooting Spree -- Daily Intelligencer

125 fatal shooting sprees since Columbine.

I'm not discussing gun violence, but "crazy gun mass shooting people".

You're talking about human (or inhuman) nature. That's never going to change. People are always going to kill each other.

Enabling them by providing the tools is the problem, imo.
But ravi, decades ago we had less gun control laws - guns were much more readily available to persons...the tools were more available.

Now they are less available, yet we have more of this shit. I don't think it's the tools' availability that is the problem because the correlation is inverted.

1) Mass shooting incidents are as common now as they were then. Do you really think we didn't have mass shooting incidents in the 1960's? Overall, the murder rate has gone down. But that has more to do with the fact we are getting older as a nation.

2) GUns aren't that much harder to get. In fact, there are more guns now. More powerful guns, as well.

Now, there are some changes. First, it's just a lot harder to get a mentally ill person incarcerated for his own good. Thank the combination of liberals thinking locking up the mentally ill was "inhumane" and the conservatives underfunding mental health services.

Probably doesn't help when the media glorifies this stuff with wall to wall coverage, either.
No hell no you lying piece of shit
Mass shootings didn't go up until something Clinton had done.
Time-frame-murders-001.jpg

If I thought gun control would work I'd be there with you but it won't guns are everywhere, there is no such thing as gun control.

How come rightwingers will insist all day they can make an abortion law work but gun control laws are unworkable....

I don't think we should ban all guns, but we should treat them like controlled items.

Apparently we have a teacher with a mentally ill son who still felt the need to have no less than four guns in the house. And a lot of ammo. Didn't make her any safer, did it?
The only firearms that are protected by the second amendment are those in common use for the military.
It says arms in the 2nd amendment. I should be allowed to keep a tank if I am competent

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Except we now know the guns used in today's massacre were in fact owned by a teacher.

Namely the mother of the mentally ill man who did the shooting. And she was his first victim.

Hey, but more guns will definitely make us safer. Really. I know you all need to believe that.

Try busting down my door, I feel perfectly safe...........Most people don't do well walking through a wall of lead and brass.....

It is really time to have a serious discussion about this issue. We have got to determine what factor(s) are contributing to this shit and do something about it. This is not a time to dig in your heels.

It says arms in the 2nd amendment. I should be allowed to keep a tank if I am competent

It says too keep and bear arms can you carry a tank?

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

Except we now know the guns used in today's massacre were in fact owned by a teacher.

Namely the mother of the mentally ill man who did the shooting. And she was his first victim.

Hey, but more guns will definitely make us safer. Really. I know you all need to believe that.

Try busting down my door, I feel perfectly safe...........Most people don't do well walking through a wall of lead and brass.....

How impressive. What a man!

I know what's causing it...

People spit in the face of God, they embrace depravity, they kill the unborn and fight for the right to kill more people based on their *value* to society....

What do you expect?

How impressive. What a man!

Yes i am....Thank you.....

People spit in the face of God, they embrace depravity, they kill the unborn and fight for the right to kill more people based on their *value* to society....

What do you expect?

I expect you to embrace magic men in the sky instead of looking for pragmatic solutions.

Now if this teacher had an abortion instead of a crazy kid, imagine the problems that could havbe been solved.

The idiots here are the idiots that think laws prevent crimes.

Last edited:
It is really time to have a serious discussion about this issue. We have got to determine what factor(s) are contributing to this shit and do something about it. This is not a time to dig in your heels.

The problem is, once they admit society or the state has a compelling reason to limit who can own a gun or what kind of gun they can own, the whole charade falls apart for them.

THIS person never should have had access to a gun.

But once you start down that road, to hear the gun fetishists tell it, they'll take away all your guns.

What do you expect?

yes thats it, you so nailed it allie.

You are embarrassing you know this?

I expected you to be a fucking moron about this, and you proved me right.

Forum List

Back