Elementary school shooting

18 kids dead. Okay, I am back in the gun control camp. This is just fucking out of hand.

If I thought gun control would work I'd be there with you but it won't guns are everywhere, there is no such thing as gun control.

How come rightwingers will insist all day they can make an abortion law work but gun control laws are unworkable....

Common sense would seem to indicate it's the other way around.

I don't think we should ban all guns, but we should treat them like controlled items.

Apparently we have a teacher with a mentally ill son who still felt the need to have no less than four guns in the house. And a lot of ammo. Didn't make her any safer, did it?

How come left wingers insist that abortion laws are unworkable but insist that gun control laws work?

Car accidents are accidents. Random shootings are more the result of people being so self centered that nothing matters but them. Sort of like the way the unions shut down airports and close freeways. It's all about them. They aren't getting what they think they are entitled to. Even the nutcases believe they are entitled to feel good and if they don't, it's someone's fault and everyone should be punished.

Reports are now that the gunman is dead. The pity is, gunmen get to keep shooting until the police show up and terminate the threat. Lives would be saved and injuries prevented if someone with a gun acted earlier. A principle, a teacher, an armed guard, someone, rather than stand around waiting to die until the police get there.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Except we now know the guns used in today's massacre were in fact owned by a teacher.

Namely the mother of the mentally ill man who did the shooting. And she was his first victim.

Hey, but more guns will definitely make us safer. Really. I know you all need to believe that.

Try busting down my door, I feel perfectly safe...........Most people don't do well walking through a wall of lead and brass.....

That teacher did not have someone busting through her door. It was her own mental case son using her weapons against her

Sure made her sleep safely

[
Remind us how the press reports nationally the murders that occur daily in Chicago? I wonder why that is? As for common, mass shootings are NOT common. And taking away the rights of law abiding citizens won't stop them.

1) Why always the need to pick on Chicago?

2) As far as I'm concerned, mass shootings are too common. We've had four so far this year that I can recall. (Aurora, the Sihk Temple, the Mall and this abomination.) And every time we have one of these things, we find out two things.

a) The person involved was seriously mentally ill.

b) They still had way too easy access to guns.

Too common compared to what? I think incompetent doctors are too common, do you see me calling for stupid laws to make them illegal?

Except we now know the guns used in today's massacre were in fact owned by a teacher.

Namely the mother of the mentally ill man who did the shooting. And she was his first victim.

Hey, but more guns will definitely make us safer. Really. I know you all need to believe that.

Try busting down my door, I feel perfectly safe...........Most people don't do well walking through a wall of lead and brass.....

That teacher did not have someone busting through her door. It was her own mental case son using her weapons against her

Love to hear the gun fanatics comment on this story. (not)

It is really time to have a serious discussion about this issue. We have got to determine what factor(s) are contributing to this shit and do something about it. This is not a time to dig in your heels.

The problem is, once they admit society or the state has a compelling reason to limit who can own a gun or what kind of gun they can own, the whole charade falls apart for them.

THIS person never should have had access to a gun.

But once you start down that road, to hear the gun fetishists tell it, they'll take away all your guns.

Let's be honest. I have no idea what state this man's mental illness was or at least was known at this point but in the end if he was a dangerous as it has been proven with these killings then he probably should not have been free to access anything including knives, baseball bats, frying pans or bows and arrows. You can't bumper pad the world sir. Dangers and dangerous people will always exist and some will be in our midst and some will always find a way to act on their mental illness or anger or violent nature. This is all called life. We have gun laws. Connecticut has some tough ones I was told. A person wanting a gun or any weapon to do harm to others will find one.

How come rightwingers will insist all day they can make an abortion law work but gun control laws are unworkable....

Common sense would seem to indicate it's the other way around.

I don't think we should ban all guns, but we should treat them like controlled items.

Apparently we have a teacher with a mentally ill son who still felt the need to have no less than four guns in the house. And a lot of ammo. Didn't make her any safer, did it?
The only firearms that are protected by the second amendment are those in common use for the military.
It says arms in the 2nd amendment. I should be allowed to keep a tank if I am competent

It says keep and bear, which means you have to be able to carry anything you want to keep. Can you carry a tank?

But I was responding to a different statement. Made by someone else... But you knew that...

people really need to look at the link between the psych drugs and these incident it says .. can cause Homicidal ideations ..right on the FN label yet no one speaks of it and even use it to support more drugging...

Dr. Moira Dolan, executive director of the watchdog group Medical Accountability Network, criticized Wyeth for not doing more to publicize it, saying "homicidal ideation" is listed on page 36 of Effexor XR's label.

Dolan said she discovered the labeling change about two weeks ago after stumbling across the FDA's MedWatch November newsletter.

"Families don't know to be aware of this possible effect," said Dolan, an Austin, Texas, doctor who reviewed Yates' medical records after her first trial at the request of her then-husband. "As doctors we're not going to look through 36 pages of labeling."

'Homicidal ideation' added to list of antidepressant Effexor's rare adverse events

Last edited:
It is really time to have a serious discussion about this issue. We have got to determine what factor(s) are contributing to this shit and do something about it. This is not a time to dig in your heels.

I am all for having a serious discussion, why don't you start by explaining why you think doing something, even if it won't make a real difference in the end, is a serious approach? If the only intent is to do something to make us feel better about this why don't we just pass a law declaring that it is illegal to kill your mother?

Virginia Tech
Tucson
Aurora
Sihk Temple
Sandy Hook

What do they have in common? Known crazy fucks armed to the teeth and shooting up a crowd

Why does the NRA insist on ensuring the gun rights of crazy people? Don't they realize these massacres are the biggest threat to the gun rights they hold so dear?

But I was responding to a different statement. Made by someone else... But you knew that...

It is still true.

The biggest tragedy of todays massacre was her own guns being used against her and the children she loved

20 kindergarteners are dead and seven adults, including the shooters mother and all you give a shit about is gun control? Heartless wonder.

Virginia Tech
Tucson
Aurora
Sihk Temple
Sandy Hook

What do they have in common? Known crazy fucks armed to the teeth and shooting up a crowd

Why does the NRA insist on ensuring the gun rights of crazy people? Don't they realize these massacres are the biggest threat to the gun rights they hold so dear?

one thing in common all were gun free zones.

The problem is, once they admit society or the state has a compelling reason to limit who can own a gun or what kind of gun they can own, the whole charade falls apart for them.

THIS person never should have had access to a gun.

But once you start down that road, to hear the gun fetishists tell it, they'll take away all your guns.

The real problem here is once you give the state the power to tell people they can't own guns you also have to give them the power to enforce the law. Should we give the government the power to search people's homes without a warrant to make sure they do not have guns? Stop them while driving down the street in order to make sure they don't have guns? Maybe we should just give them the right to watch everything we do and ignore the idiots that think the constitution actually means something.

Or, maybe, you are the one not thinking things through.

Forum List

Back