Elementary school shooting

I find it amusing that the gun-fetishist really think the solution to this problem would have been to give all the teachers guns.

These would be the same teachers they don't trust with collective bargaining rights, whom they don't want teaching things like evolution or sex education to their kids. But dammit, they will totally trust these teachers to make a life or death decision.

Consider the mindsets.

Killer- Crazy person, been planning this for a long time. Has absolutely no compunction about killing another human being. Even a child.

Teacher- Just trying to get through the day, biggest thing he was expecting to worry about was whether little Billy's parents gave him his Ritalin this morning like they were supposed to. Like most normal people, would probably be hesitant to shoot another human being.

You tell me which one is going to get a round off first.

Every time I think you have gotten as stupid as you can get you do something to prove me wrong.

Bullshit, here in Michigan anybody over 18 can walk in and come out with 50 guns if they want, non CSO.
Poor little Muslim terrorist pig forgets that I lived in Michigan for 17 years.

You are lying.

It is a FEDERAL law that no one who has been involuntarily admitted to a looney bin can own a gun - part of the mandatory FBI background check in every state before ownership is allowed.

I live in Michigan right now, to have a carry license you need an FBI check you shithead.

Not buy a weapon.

Still lying.

I'm sorry Ollie

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions. It is hard enough for police to go into a situation with a deranged gunman and you are expecting a teacher to do it

I don't like the idea of guns being kept in schools with little children around. How long before a child figures out how to get at the teachers gun when it is unattended?

We have 270 million guns in this country of 315 million. More guns is obviously not the answer

Train them.

Police trained in SWAT tactics have years of experience and operate as a team in full body armor

You expect a second grade teacher to take out an armed assassin with her .38?

you wanna deny her the chance to do it...?

eta: head-up-the-ass elitest libs make me wanna take 'em home and try to show 'em the real world...

Last edited:
I'm sorry Ollie

But I can't buy into guns in schools with untrained teachers expected to make life and death decisions. It is hard enough for police to go into a situation with a deranged gunman and you are expecting a teacher to do it

I don't like the idea of guns being kept in schools with little children around. How long before a child figures out how to get at the teachers gun when it is unattended?

We have 270 million guns in this country of 315 million. More guns is obviously not the answer

Train them.

Police trained in SWAT tactics have years of experience and operate as a team in full body armor

You expect a second grade teacher to take out an armed assassin with her .38?

how long will it take the SWAT team to get there?

I would use my .357

that should do it.

BTW all teachers are not female and not all females are as pussy as you

I'm living proof you can teach Johnny to read AND operate a firearm safely and effectively.

and no I'm not fucking nuts but I'm not too certain about you. :D

Learning gun safety and going to a target range to plink targets is a lot different than facing an armed assassin who s ready to die. Many police are not qualified in SWAT tactics. Do you think teachers can be?

I have been qualified in the past so yes they can.
While in the Air Force I was a member of the EST

You should not even be allowed to be armed let alone protect young children

[

Air planes don't kill either but they were used to kill over 3000 people one day not too long ago. Should we ban airplanes?
oh and a van was used in 1993 that killed six people and injured 1,042 at the same building that was hit with two airplanes.

Well, funny you should bring that up.

There were a lot of CONTROLS on airplanes before that incident, and more controls were put into place AFTER that incident. (For instance, we replaced minimum wage rent-a-cops with real professionals making sure no one was bringing weapons on board.)

In short, we figured out what went wrong, and we tightened controls.

That never happens with gun incidents, because Al Qaeda doesn't know how to game the system like the NRA does.

We did? When did we do that?

Wait, you are talking about the TSA, the people that think 12 year old girls in wheelchairs are terrorist threats because they use hand cream.

I'm living proof you can teach Johnny to read AND operate a firearm safely and effectively.

and no I'm not fucking nuts but I'm not too certain about you. :D

Learning gun safety and going to a target range to plink targets is a lot different than facing an armed assassin who s ready to die. Many police are not qualified in SWAT tactics. Do you think teachers can be?

You should not even be allowed to be armed

He was a sick 20 year old. He's dead.

The people who have issues now are the ones who were sitting in the school while he wiped out the entire kindergarten class, and were powerless to do anything to stop him.

I'd have some serious guilt issues. I'll bet every adult survivor wished they had a gun while he was killing those babies.

why did a sick 20 year old have a gun?

most of these huge killing sprees are done with legal guns.

the adult survivors shouldn't wish they had a gun... they should wish he didn't.

Because he killed his mother and stole them. We obviously need laws that prevent sick people from killing people and then stealing their guns.

Wait...

I would say that you should not be allowed to own testicles but there is no need

Come a git'em bitch
I have mine and will continue to have them

Link on Michigan Gun Laws.

Purchase
No permit is required for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun.

No rifle, shotgun or handgun may be sold to a minor under 18 years of age, a convicted felon, or a person under indictment.

To purchase a handgun from either a dealer or private individual, the buyer must obtain a license to purchase from the chief of police if the buyer lives in a city, or the county sheriff if he lives in an area without an organized police department.

The buyer must be 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, a resident of Michigan, have no felony conviction, have never been adjudged insane (unless later restored by court order), and score 70 percent on a basic pistol safety review questionnaire.

The license to purchase must be filled out in triplicate at the time of purchase. The license shall include a description of the handgun sold and the signatures of both the buyer and seller. The seller may retain one copy and the buyer retains the other two.

After purchase and delivery of the handgun is completed, the buyer must return the license to purchase along with the purchased handgun, unloaded and encased or trigger locked, to the local licensing (law enforcement) authority within 10 days.

The buyer (licensee) will then be issued a safety inspection certificate (registration) for the handgun. One copy of the license will be held by the local authority for six years and the remaining copy shall be forwarded to the Commissioner of State Police.

The license, once issued, becomes void if not used within 10 days. A valid Michigan CCW holder is exempt from license to purchase requirement, however is still subject to the registration requirements and a criminal background (NICS) check.

Michigan Gun Laws - What are the Gun Laws in Michigan?

Exactly.

He just proved you wrong, idiot.

a tune for the elitest we-know-what's-best-for-you contingent...

you ain't gettin' the guns from the good citizens of this country without a nation-rending fight...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo8s5fuSwo8]Jane Child - Welcome To The Real World - YouTube[/ame]

Why do these people keep thinking their guns are going to get taken away? This is bordering on the psychotic.
Good afternoon, Mr. Brunswick. I just got here, but it could be a reaction to 15 threads yesterday to ban guns (take everyone's guns away because there are bad people in the world who go after schoolchildren, which actually number fewer than people who win the 12 million dollar lottery every year.)

You think that might have something to do with it?

You should not even be allowed to be armed let alone protect young children

Piss on you bitch
XXXXXX-Meister

Why do these people keep thinking their guns are going to get taken away? This is bordering on the psychotic.
Good afternoon, Mr. Brunswick. I just got here, but it could be a reaction to 15 threads yesterday to ban guns (take everyone's guns away because there are bad people in the world who go after schoolchildren, which actually number fewer than people who win the 12 million dollar lottery every year.)

You think that might have something to do with it?

No, I'm betting it's partially mental illness actually.

Forum List

Back