Elementary school shooting

I am not being honest? The fracking law that defined assault weapons defined them as things that sorta look like assault rifles. Assault rifles exist, civilian versions of assault rifles exist, something that sorta looks like an assault rifle is only a valid class if you think looks matter more than function.

For the record, it is actually possible to build a paint gun that would meet the definition of assault weapon under that law.
When Congress debated the Assault Weapons bill that was sunsetted by the wise and beneficent George W. Bush and his shot gun shooting Vice President Dick "I shot harry!" Cheney, the debate centered around detachable stocks and bayonet mounts and flash suppressors and grips. Nothing that makes the weapons so deadly, but cosmetics. And that debate was framed by the NRA. Of course the legislation was ineffective, it was designed to be ineffective by the gun lobby.

Any new legislation must be comprehensive and inclusive and throughly rid ourselves of weapons more in tune with well regulated militias than civilians.
The blood that will be spilt will be on your and others like you hands.
And on who's hands is the blood on today? I'm saying we need to rid ourselves of these deadly weapons. You seem to think the answer to the problem posed by these weapons is to add more weapons. And you say blood will be on my hands.

either you are incapable of intellectual honesty, you are unfathomably stupid, or you don't have any real solutions to offer. Pick two.

Since the only answer for you is making semi-automatic guns illegal Nosmo, there can be no compromise. That move clearly makes everyone less safe. It also makes it less likely citizens could mount a defense against the government, should that day come.

The problem with scared, ignorant people like you is, they want everything without a cost. Freedom requires, nay demands strongmen be laid low by a freedom loving population. That takes weapons. There are many countries experimenting with a gun free society. Feel free to live in what you consider freedom there.

Regardless of whether that comes to pass, criminals need to be somewaht afraid of us and our capacity to defend against them. So far, you have offered nothing of substance for your point of view. Its all isolated cases of mentally unstable people with violent tendencies and access to weapons.

Again, applying that logic to motor vehicles would ruin this country. Some play out violent movies in real life. Should we ban them? What about ending the use of medicines that helps thousands,but kills a few? You aren't getting out of this world alive. Try focusing on real threats. Your staircase is hundreds of times more likely to kill you than a gun.

The, "I don't like guns they scare me and kill people" defense should be very entertaining for the Supreme Court.

And on who's hands is the blood on today? I'm saying we need to rid ourselves of these deadly weapons. You seem to think the answer to the problem posed by these weapons is to add more weapons. And you say blood will be on my hands.

either you are incapable of intellectual honesty, you are unfathomably stupid, or you don't have any real solutions to offer. Pick two.

The blood is on your hands for focusing on gun control for decades, instead of violent mental health issues. I can't believe making a society of sheep is so important to you that you let young people pay the ultimate price for your stupidity.

I agree with you in some respects.

One, guns need to be for some people harder to get legally.

Two, guns and bombs can be regulated by law.

Three, LEO needs to be more involved.

Guys, you have to get somewhere. Since the OKC bombing, look up the number of plots such as that that have been foiled. Your truck bomb comparison to firearms as the choice for mass weapons has been flimsy since 1996.

The "tool" argument used by extremists is simply not convincing.

I think you missed my point Jake. It was that there are viable options to a gun in a mass killing. If you make guns harder OR equally hard to obtain as say a bomb, it makes the using the more effective weapon more likely.

When Congress debated the Assault Weapons bill that was sunsetted by the wise and beneficent George W. Bush and his shot gun shooting Vice President Dick "I shot harry!" Cheney, the debate centered around detachable stocks and bayonet mounts and flash suppressors and grips. Nothing that makes the weapons so deadly, but cosmetics. And that debate was framed by the NRA. Of course the legislation was ineffective, it was designed to be ineffective by the gun lobby.

Any new legislation must be comprehensive and inclusive and throughly rid ourselves of weapons more in tune with well regulated militias than civilians.

You go ahead and rid yourself of those nasty weapons.

I will keep mine, thank you. I say that we are a free country because we defend our freedom, and we do that with guns. You can't very well protect people without them. And in this world, today, people need to be protected, and some things are worth fighting for.

You creep back into your sterile little apartment and drink your bottled water...meanwhile my relatives will defend your freedom to live without having to worry that a Mexican war lord might decide to drag your dumb ass to a bridge and hang you off it as a warning to your neighbors.

Guys, you have to get somewhere. Since the OKC bombing, look up the number of plots such as that that have been foiled. Your truck bomb comparison to firearms as the choice for mass weapons has been flimsy since 1996.

The "tool" argument used by extremists is simply not convincing.

I think you missed my point Jake. It was that there are viable options to a gun in a mass killing. If you make guns harder OR equally hard to obtain as say a bomb, it makes the using the more effective weapon more likely.

I like your style of finding some common ground, instead of just pounding away at the opposing view Jake. The reduction in bombings since 1996 has not been the result of more secure bomb making materials though. I can walk on to 90% of farms in America and walk out with enough for at least a small bomb.

What has changed is law enforcement had paid more attention to those types of thefts, run sting operations to identitfy suspects and the public has been more aware, so they report.

This issue is quite polarizing and I appreciate you reaching across the divide.

You are not being honest.

I am not being honest? The fracking law that defined assault weapons defined them as things that sorta look like assault rifles. Assault rifles exist, civilian versions of assault rifles exist, something that sorta looks like an assault rifle is only a valid class if you think looks matter more than function.

For the record, it is actually possible to build a paint gun that would meet the definition of assault weapon under that law.

MKP-Jackal-Magazine-Fed-Paintball-Gun.jpg

Jake's just trying to lend credence to the lie that he's a Republican, and representative of the majority of the country.

The key word is 'specifically'. Should I define 'specifically' for you?

You could define assault weapon. I can assault with many different weapons from a rock to a missile...
You have a reasonable expectation that I'm asking about assault rifles and handguns. Why not just give an honest answer instead of the ham handed picking fly shit out of ground pepper? Does the truth about assault rifles and handguns awash on our streets give you pause, or is that a point of pride? Have the massive numbers of specifically designed assault weapons provided a benefit to society, or has it made our world a more dangerous place. Is there a legitimate use for civilians armed with assault weapons, or are those weapons best kept safely in the hands of a well regulated militia? Are the lives of innocents merely to be tallied as the price of freedom, or should we stop killing each other with these weapons and man up and eliminate them from our midst?

Actually I'm serious. I have heard so many definitions about what an assault weapon is these past few days. Do you listen to Ron Verb? His show must have had 15 different definitions in the past 3 days....

Oh I see what you're doing. You're redefining assault weapons.

Like you guys redefined babies and marriage. Got it. If you can't make the facts work, you change the definitions. Typical left wing lunacy.
I'm using saveliberty's very good definition of assault weapons:

An assault weapon's PRIMARY purpose is to supress an enemy. By delivering a large number of rounds down range, the enemy is forced to take defensive positions. This allows other troops to engage the enemy with sniper fire, grenades and other weapons to wound, kill or force a retreat of the enemy.

Unless saveliberty has suddenly become part of this "left wing lunacy", you are not being honest in what was expected to be an honest debate.

In that case you are talking a fully automatic squad weapon..... One must have a federal license to purchase one legally....

Thank you, saveliberty. The reasonable individuals are going to be the ones who make the ultimate decisions in legislatures and on courts.

The extremists, right or left, will not be making these choices, except whether to break the law, pay the consequences.

I like your style of finding some common ground, instead of just pounding away at the opposing view Jake. The reduction in bombings since 1996 has not been the result of more secure bomb making materials though. I can walk on to 90% of farms in America and walk out with enough for at least a small bomb.

What has changed is law enforcement had paid more attention to those types of thefts, run sting operations to identitfy suspects and the public has been more aware, so they report.

This issue is quite polarizing and I appreciate you reaching across the divide.

The key word is 'specifically'. Should I define 'specifically' for you?

You could define assault weapon. I can assault with many different weapons from a rock to a missile...
You have a reasonable expectation that I'm asking about assault rifles and handguns. Why not just give an honest answer instead of the ham handed picking fly shit out of ground pepper? Does the truth about assault rifles and handguns awash on our streets give you pause, or is that a point of pride? Have the massive numbers of specifically designed assault weapons provided a benefit to society, or has it made our world a more dangerous place. Is there a legitimate use for civilians armed with assault weapons, or are those weapons best kept safely in the hands of a well regulated militia? Are the lives of innocents merely to be tallied as the price of freedom, or should we stop killing each other with these weapons and man up and eliminate them from our midst?

We're telling you what an assault weapon is you keep talking about semi automatics.

Those who do the shootings and those who create those gun free zones.

There is nothing good about arming teachers. I really think recent tragedies have scared people into sensationalizing school shootings. I mean, in the 1990's in southern california gang violence was getting so bad that even kids were bringing guns to school. Today, kids are still bring guns to school and now we are talking about tragedies and second amendment rights, and arming teachers. I think this is a case of "it it don't happen in my backyard it don't matter."

Teachers should not be armed. Armed and trained security personnel should be in every district in America, and the financing will come from a federal use tax on firearms, ammunition, and the technology that supports both industries.

Teachers should not be armed. Armed and trained security personnel should be in every district in America, and the financing will come from a federal use tax on firearms, ammunition, and the technology that supports both industries.

You keep stating stupid bullshit like that, but you never give a WHY to your posts, just these unsuported assertions.

You do realize that your title of 'Oral Oracle of the Shithouse' is just a joke, right?

JimBowie continues to drizzle down his own leg.

There will be armed security, can't stop it. It will be paid for. The correct right of center answer is a use tax on those who use firearms and their supporting companies.

JimBowie continues to drizzle down his own leg.

There will be armed security, can't stop it. It will be paid for. The correct right of center answer is a use tax on those who use firearms and their supporting companies.

Once again, not one FACT to back up his self-declared statements like he thinks he is doesnt need such to support his decrees.

Starkey, your just a fucking basket case, lol, not a prophet.

Forum List

Back