Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

A pure popular vote = mob rule
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

For the last month, I've struggled over the question of the Electoral Collage and its relevance today. I had to argue with myself about my long unwavering support of sustaining the EC based on 'Originality' grounds before my epiphany that the EC was part of the balancing compromise over representation for the lower populated white man dominated slave states.

The slave states are no longer holding slaves, and the 14th Amendment granted all former slaves citizenship...the first anchor babies for you knuckle dragging types...therefore that representation balancing of Article 1 is no longer needed and the EC has actually become moot for its intended purpose.

For the last 60 years I've held that the EC was original intent. But with the advent of 13th, 14th & 15th Amendments the demise of the Electoral Collage is long overdue. And with that, all the Gerrymandering shenanigan's pulled by the two major factions can be brought to a close!
With a pure popular vote rural America might as will not even vote... Because they would lose every single presidential election

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

Why should you have a problem with a candidate lying?
Really now.
Was Obama born in Kenya or didn't Trump denounce his own lie in September 2016 on live camera?
Is Mexico paying for the wall?
Or was that not a lie?
Didn't Trump lie about Stormy Daniels?
And didn't he say he would end Obamacare?
Lies, lies, lies.
He said his dad loaned him a million dollars, which he said he paid back.
Lie.
I could go on and on but I know you can't handle more than two sentences comprised of monosyllabic words.

Republicans don't want the presidential election decided by popular vote because their ideas aren't popular.

Suppressing what the people want is the only way Republicans can maintain power.
Pure popular vote = mob rule

Eliminate the Electoral College and disenfranchise 5/8th of the nation's voters.

Sounds like the Democrats have finally come up with a way to win back the White House.
Why should a vote in Montana be worth more than a vote in Pennsylvania?
If we went to a popular vote, the needs of Montana would be completely ignored by populist demagogues who would only campaign in urban centers.

That's why.

You're welcome.
That doesn`t justify a Montana vote being worth more than my Pennsylvania vote.

States have nothing to do with individual votes. Within a given state, ALL VOTES COUNT EQUAL. Quit trying to spin the topic! That is an argument created by your kind as an argument for mob rule. No matter how you cook it, eliminate the Electoral College as designed by the Founders and democrat states win big, will never lose again and the other 2/3rds of the country BE DAMNED.

Well there seems to be the drumbeat of that again...

Getting rid of electoral college means rural America might as well not even vote, They would lose every single election.

States like California or Florida Texas and New York would dominate everything in this country…

There is a reason why they call this a republic not a shit eating democracy...

How so ? We can eliminate winner take all state electoral college vote stealing .

Sure, like California?

Yes ! Right now the red areas of Cali never have a say in the prez election .
Thank God for the electoral college… Because they are represented

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

Really now.
Was Obama born in Kenya or didn't Trump denounce his own lie in September 2016 on live camera?
Or was that not a lie?
Lies, lies, lies.
Lie.
I could go on and on but I know you can't handle more than two sentences comprised of monosyllabic words.
Trump wasn't the initial birther, Hillary's campaign was. Mexico has already paid for the wall with Trump's new trade deal.

Well there seems to be the drumbeat of that again...

Getting rid of electoral college means rural America might as well not even vote, They would lose every single election.

States like California or Florida Texas and New York would dominate everything in this country…

There is a reason why they call this a republic not a shit eating democracy...

Apparently you've never taken, or passed, a civics course. Sad.

We are a democratic republic.

Q. Which means we elect our representatives by popular vote; why not the President?

A. The Reason for the Electoral College - FactCheck.org

Notice the States have the ability to proportion the vote of the EC by the Popular Vote:

See:

"As the 2000 election reminded us, the Electoral College does make it possible for a candidate to win the popular vote and still not become president. But that is less a product of the Electoral College and more a product of the way states apportion electors. In every state but Maine and Nebraska, electors are awarded on a winner-take-all basis. So if a candidate wins a state by even a narrow margin, he or she wins all of the state’s electoral votes. The winner-take-all system is not federally mandated; states are free to allocate their electoral votes as they wish."
The system ain’t broke... don’t fix it

Eliminate the Electoral College and disenfranchise 5/8th of the nation's voters.

Sounds like the Democrats have finally come up with a way to win back the White House.
Why should a vote in Montana be worth more than a vote in Pennsylvania?
If we went to a popular vote, the needs of Montana would be completely ignored by populist demagogues who would only campaign in urban centers.

That's why.

You're welcome.
That doesn`t justify a Montana vote being worth more than my Pennsylvania vote.

States have nothing to do with individual votes. Within a given state, ALL VOTES COUNT EQUAL. Quit trying to spin the topic! That is an augment created by your kind as an argument for mob rule. No matter how you cook it, eliminate the Electoral College as designed by the Founders and democrat states win big, will never lose again and the other 2/3rds of the country BE DAMNED.
That's why Democrats want open borders and why they want illegals to vote. If they can turn Texas blue, the USA is over.

As the OP states: "Trump is the fifth United States president to have taken office without winning the national popular vote."

Here are the FIVE presidents who did not win the national popular vote:
United States presidential elections in which the winner lost the popular vote - Wikipedia

5 out of 44....

scary

Actually, it's 5 out of 45...

you counting Clevelands elections separately?

Why not all of the president that served 2, or more, terms.

Point well taken.

Just burn the Constitution while you’re at it.

Really now.
Or was that not a lie?
Lies, lies, lies.
Lie.
Trump wasn't the initial birther, Hillary's campaign was. Mexico has already paid for the wall with Trump's new trade deal.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.
He singlehandedly perpetuated the lie over and over and over again that Obama was a foreigner.

And you're wrong about the USMCA. If that were true he wouldn't be trying to pass his fucking phony emergency bill, which did not pass Congress.
And now diverting funds already appropriated by Congress.

The dems can make noise about the EC, but the States would never change it. It seems stupid to me to have states like CO change their vote from statewide to national popular vote. That makes no sense at all. Pols would just focus on the largest states by population.

#1) Deport all illegals

#2) Build the wall

#3) Balance the Budget

#4) Do 1-3 and we can abolish the EC.
All those things are orthogonal with each other.

Vermont and RI have very similar ratios of voters per EC vote. So stop whining.
The Electoral College isn't going anywhere because the States elect the president.
Its going because only a few states actually pick the president (swing states).
And wyoming residents have 43x voting power than california resident.

Without the skewing of the process to focus on the so-called “battleground” states where the balance can be tipped in the Electoral College, candidates would be freed to make appeals to voters in every part of the country

Are you going to answer me? When has Wyoming ever influenced an election and why have states at all? Should Wyoming have fewer than 2 senators?

#1) Deport all illegals

#2) Build the wall

#3) Balance the Budget

#4) Do 1-3 and we can abolish the EC.
All those things are orthogonal with each other.

Vermont and RI have very similar ratios of voters per EC vote. So stop whining.
The Electoral College isn't going anywhere because the States elect the president.
Its going because only a few states actually pick the president (swing states).
And wyoming residents have 43x voting power than california resident.

Without the skewing of the process to focus on the so-called “battleground” states where the balance can be tipped in the Electoral College, candidates would be freed to make appeals to voters in every part of the country

The EC isn't going anywhere because 2/3 of the States will never vote to change the EC. Hope that isn't too hard to understand. Keep whining, or move on...

As the OP states: "Trump is the fifth United States president to have taken office without winning the national popular vote."

Here are the FIVE presidents who did not win the national popular vote:

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States
Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

United States presidential elections in which the winner lost the popular vote - Wikipedia

What about the historical rankings of drunken losers who lost the Electoral College?

Grant didn't lose the EC. Nor did Pierce. Nor did Nixon unless you mean 1960.
Those are about the only "drunks" I know of.

upload_2019-3-19_17-31-52.jpeg

A pure popular vote = mob rule
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

For the last month, I've struggled over the question of the Electoral Collage and its relevance today. I had to argue with myself about my long unwavering support of sustaining the EC based on 'Originality' grounds before my epiphany that the EC was part of the balancing compromise over representation for the lower populated white man dominated slave states.

The slave states are no longer holding slaves, and the 14th Amendment granted all former slaves citizenship...the first anchor babies for you knuckle dragging types...therefore that representation balancing of Article 1 is no longer needed and the EC has actually become moot for its intended purpose.

For the last 60 years I've held that the EC was original intent. But with the advent of 13th, 14th & 15th Amendments the demise of the Electoral Collage is long overdue. And with that, all the Gerrymandering shenanigan's pulled by the two major factions can be brought to a close!
With a pure popular vote rural America might as will not even vote... Because they would lose every single presidential election
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

Do you ever think before you start to type???? That was the same argument before the Virginia Compromise was struck in 1787, and why the "equalizing" 3/5ths rule was added to Article 1 but removed with the addition civil right amendments when the former slaves were freed and became US citizens ya fucking knob! We now have radio, TV, cell phones and the internet to say nothing about political parties! The Electoral College no longer has any real purpose to serve now!

Educate your dumb ass, fool!

Really now.
Or was that not a lie?
Lies, lies, lies.
Lie.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER.
He singlehandedly perpetuated the lie over and over and over again that Obama was a foreigner.

And you're wrong about the USMCA. If that were true he wouldn't be trying to pass his fucking phony emergency bill, which did not pass Congress.
And now diverting funds already appropriated by Congress.
Take a deep breath. The Pentagon has the money for the wall. Done deal.

Forum List

Back