Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

More: Elizabeth Warren Calls For Getting Rid Of The Electoral College

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
So you believe we should accept the opinion of Elizabeth Warren, the woman who lied about her ancestry for decades?

Why should you have a problem with a candidate lying?
Really now.
Was Obama born in Kenya or didn't Trump denounce his own lie in September 2016 on live camera?
Is Mexico paying for the wall?
Or was that not a lie?
Didn't Trump lie about Stormy Daniels?
And didn't he say he would end Obamacare?
Lies, lies, lies.
He said his dad loaned him a million dollars, which he said he paid back.
Lie.
I could go on and on but I know you can't handle more than two sentences comprised of monosyllabic words.
You are a tweakerbet agent.

Yes let's have Mexifornia elect Democratic Presidents for the next 50 years. That is the Liberal wet dream of abolishing the E.C.
Why are you against the rule of the majority ?
We used that method in the Senate, Congress supreme court the X factor you name it.
And btw California is the biggest economy and best state of the union, Alabama, Mississippi, north Dakota, etc....are is less states.
Californians voted twice not to recognize same sex marriage....what happened to the rule of majority then?....

The Electoral College is rooted in slavery. Abolish it.

The Electoral College polarized Americans from its inception. Created by the framers of the Constitution during the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, the College was put forth as a way to give citizens the opportunity to vote in presidential elections, with the added safeguard of a group of knowledgeable electors with final say on who would ultimately lead the country, another limit on the burgeoning nation’s democratic ideals.

The story of the Electoral College is also one of slavery—an institution central to the founding of American democracy. The bulk of the new nation’s citizenry resided in cities like Philadelphia and Boston in the North, leaving the South sparsely populated by farmers, plantation owners, other landholders, and, of course, enslaved laborers. This disparity in the population distribution became a core element of the legislative branch, and in turn, the Electoral College.

More: The Electoral College Has Been Divisive Since Day One | History | Smithsonian

Last edited:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.

“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”

Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.
lol Pocahontas is still thrashing around looking for an issue to run on. How about a new law protecting fake Native Americans?

The Electoral College polarized Americans from its inception. Created by the framers of the Constitution during the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, the College was put forth as a way to give citizens the opportunity to vote in presidential elections, with the added safeguard of a group of knowledgeable electors with final say on who would ultimately lead the country, another limit on the burgeoning nation’s democratic ideals.

The story of the Electoral College is also one of slavery—an institution central to the founding of American democracy. The bulk of the new nation’s citizenry resided in cities like Philadelphia and Boston in the North, leaving the South sparsely populated by farmers, plantation owners, other landholders, and, of course, enslaved laborers. This disparity in the population distribution became a core element of the legislative branch, and in turn, the Electoral College.

More: The Electoral College Has Been Divisive Since Day One | History | Smithsonian
The electoral college actually defended people living in urban cities in the 19th century you tweakerbet corrupted azz. The rural areas were where more people lived in voting.

OMG, first there was"reparations" now there's ending the EC. Next is the "Green New Deal". I hope the dems still push these during the 2020 election.

We abolished slavery. Descendants of former slaves add to the EC count of many states.

Yeah, finally, but they forgot to abolish the Electoral College.
If not for the electoral college Bill Clinton would never have been president since he never had a majority of the popular vote in his first try, and the election would have gone to the House which was controlled by Republicans.

OMG, first there was"reparations" now there's ending the EC. Next is the "Green New Deal". I hope the dems still push these during the 2020 election.
Yes.

The Democrats are going to jump off a Leftist cliff in 2020.

Afterwards, the handful of remaining Sane Democrats will wander the smoking ruins and try to pick up the pieces.

Perhaps that's the only way to purge the Party of its present infection.

It's way past time to abolish the vestiges of the racist founders. Abolish the Electoral College!
It is time to bring back the vote for federal senators by the state legislators. Stop this fascist/communist doctrines that will lead us to massive deaths.

"WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA WE CAN'T WIN LET'S CHANGE THE RULES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1) Deport all illegals

#2) Build the wall

#3) Balance the Budget

#4) Do 1-3 and we can abolish the EC.
All those things are orthogonal with each other.

Vermont and RI have very similar ratios of voters per EC vote. So stop whining.
The Electoral College isn't going anywhere because the States elect the president.
Its going because only a few states actually pick the president (swing states).
And wyoming residents have 43x voting power than california resident.

Without the skewing of the process to focus on the so-called “battleground” states where the balance can be tipped in the Electoral College, candidates would be freed to make appeals to voters in every part of the country

I love how leftists discover something literally decades after their peers do, promptly misunderstand it thoroughly, and then wander around pronouncing on it as though they're experts.

A pure popular vote = mob rule
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

For the last month, I've struggled over the question of the Electoral Collage and its relevance today. I had to argue with myself about my long unwavering support of sustaining the EC based on 'Originality' grounds before my epiphany that the EC was part of the balancing compromise over representation for the lower populated white man dominated slave states.

The slave states are no longer holding slaves, and the 14th Amendment granted all former slaves citizenship...the first anchor babies for you knuckle dragging types...therefore that representation balancing of Article 1 is no longer needed and the EC has actually become moot for its intended purpose.

For the last 60 years I've held that the EC was original intent. But with the advent of 13th, 14th & 15th Amendments the demise of the Electoral Collage is long overdue. And with that, all the Gerrymandering shenanigan's pulled by the two major factions can be brought to a close!
With a pure popular vote rural America might as will not even vote... Because they would lose every single presidential election
With a pure popular vote rural America might as will not even vote... Because they would lose every single presidential election
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

Do you ever think before you start to type???? That was the same argument before the Virginia Compromise was struck in 1787, and why the "equalizing" 3/5ths rule was added to Article 1 but removed with the addition civil right amendments when the former slaves were freed and became US citizens ya fucking knob! We now have radio, TV, cell phones and the internet to say nothing about political parties! The Electoral College no longer has any real purpose to serve now!

Educate your dumb ass, fool!

Spot on!

Eliminate the Electoral College and disenfranchise 5/8th of the nation's voters.

Sounds like the Democrats have finally come up with a way to win back the White House.
Why should a vote in Montana be worth more than a vote in Pennsylvania?
If we went to a popular vote, the needs of Montana would be completely ignored by populist demagogues who would only campaign in urban centers.

That's why.

You're welcome.
That doesn`t justify a Montana vote being worth more than my Pennsylvania vote. Most of my state is rural and those people have a voice that isn`t as loud as the rural folks in Montana. There`s probably more farmers within 50 miles of my home than there are in Montana. I`ve never like discrimination in any form.

No one has to "justify" your mistaken understanding of what's happening in Presidential elections and whatever "outrage" you're feeling about it. Your apocryphal estimation of "vote worth" means exactly as much as your apocryphal "popular vote", which is to say, not a damned thing to anyone who isn't obsessed with trying to destroy our system of government for personal gain (in other words, just you and your asshole buddy leftists).

You get to vote for who the state of Pennsylvania supports in Presidential elections. Joe Blow in Montana gets to vote for who HIS state supports. If it bothers you that more people get to vote in the Pennsylvania decision than in the Montana decision, then you shouldn't have chosen to live in Pennsylvania. But the idea that you get to wipe out Montana's importance as a state to the federal government just so that you personally, in your individual and utterly irrelevant-to-everyone self, will feel more important is asinine.

Find out what's real and what's bullshit, so that you can stop getting your panties in a ruffle over things that don't actually exist.

Forum List

Back