Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.
“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”
Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

SWELL! GO FOR IT! We need more and more radicalism coming out of the democratic party! Or have they already so dumbed down America that enough of us already don't understand that EVERY VOTE ALREADY DOES COUNT~~ ~~ ~~ that is how every state is decided. Then the states are added up by weight proportional to their population. Let Pocahontas Liz go right on ahead championing the idea that what the DNC wants is:

MOB RULE,

where most of the states will no longer have any say in their government and every election will be decided by a handful of democratically-controlled states like California and New York!

With a HUNDRED important issues out there on the palette of America for a better life, I do hope you dumb fucking bastards pick rewriting the Constitution in your favor so you can win every election as your NUMBER ONE ISSUE to campaign on! :auiqs.jpg: :spinner: :spinner: :auiqs.jpg: LaJerkoff!
I honestly don't see why eliminating the electoral college would preclude Republicans from winning. Is that what you're saying?

I love the way they always fall back on the Doublethinkian "mob rule" canard, while utterly unable to defend it.
Since I'm not so good at math concepts, I keep wondering if I'm missing something. I'm beginning to think maybe I'm not.

It's a bullshit term they're hoping everybody just swallows without demanding an explanation.
Explanation is the kryptonite to Doublethink.

Why should some hillbilly have more of a vote?

That shit really has to stop. You're playing the same game as the right wing retards with that and it's completely wrong and unhelpful.

Rural America is not our enemy and we are not theirs and we ALL need to stop acting like that

Last edited:
It is impossible to "render states mute" or even "moot". The idea would be that voters, not the EC, would make the decision. And those voters live in ---------- wait for it ------------------------ states.

The idea would be that voters, not the EC, would make the decision. And those voters live in ---------- wait for it ------------------------ states.

and the number of votes cast in 8 states was still smaller than Los Angeles County, in the last national election.

Imagine how many states it would take to cancel out California entirely.

Irrelevant. Votes are not for "cancelling out".

You wanna talk "cancel out", address all the Rump votes in California (New York, Massachusetts, etc) that were cancelled out by the WTA-EC. Along with who-knows-how-many-more who didn't bother to leave the house because what would be the point.

Get it?

If they get rid of the EC, and go to mob rule, what reason would Montana, north and south Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Kansas and Iowa have to go to the polls?

First of all "mob rule" is a completely bullshitious Doublethink term. If there are fifteen votes and eight of them vote one way, that's called a "majority", not a "mob". Drop the bullshitiousness.

Second, Montanta, Dakotas, etc etc would go to the polls for the same reason anybody else would --- because their votes count. And they'd count MORE since half of them wouldn't immediately be flushed down the electoral toilet, which, in the reverse scenario of what I just explained above, tons of voters didn't bother because their state was voting red regardless what they wanted, ergo what's the point?

A voter in a locked-red or locked-blue state has four choices: Vote with the state, vote against the state, vote third party, or stay home and bake cookies. ALL FOUR of those options bring the same result, with the exception that in the fourth scenario you actually get some cookies. That's not an election ---- that's a state-by-state LOCKOUT.

This appears to be the elephant in the room y'all can't touch. You're not interested in protecting state votes; you're interested in RED votes.

If there are fifteen votes and eight of them vote one way, that's called a "majority", not a "mob".

when the votes in ONE state outnumber the votes in EIGHT states...

it's MOB RULE

WRONGO. It's simply one number greater than another. You don't get to decide "that number over there is a 'mob'" just because you don't agree with them. You want to penalize people based on where they live? What kind of bullshit is that?

If you're outvoted --- YOU'RE OUTVOTED. Man up and deal with it. You don't get to whine and cry "mob rule" every time you get outvoted. What are you, six years old?

Last edited:
As the OP states: "Trump is the fifth United States president to have taken office without winning the national popular vote."

Here are the FIVE presidents who did not win the national popular vote:
United States presidential elections in which the winner lost the popular vote - Wikipedia
/—-/ No president has ever won the Miss America pageant either, which is just as valid as the popular vote.

Last edited:
As the OP states: "Trump is the fifth United States president to have taken office without winning the national popular vote."

United States presidential elections in which the winner lost the popular vote - Wikipedia

5 out of 44....

scary

What, there's a minimum number where it becomes a problem? Which is what?

Here are five more: Clinton, Nixon, Truman, Wilson, Lincoln.

Now it's ten.

and the number of votes cast in 8 states was still smaller than Los Angeles County, in the last national election.

Imagine how many states it would take to cancel out California entirely.

Irrelevant. Votes are not for "cancelling out".

You wanna talk "cancel out", address all the Rump votes in California (New York, Massachusetts, etc) that were cancelled out by the WTA-EC. Along with who-knows-how-many-more who didn't bother to leave the house because what would be the point.

Get it?

If they get rid of the EC, and go to mob rule, what reason would Montana, north and south Dakota, Kansas, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Kansas and Iowa have to go to the polls?

First of all "mob rule" is a completely bullshitious Doublethink term. If there are fifteen votes and eight of them vote one way, that's called a "majority", not a "mob". Drop the bullshitiousness.

Second, Montanta, Dakotas, etc etc would go to the polls for the same reason anybody else would --- because their votes count. And they'd count MORE since half of them wouldn't immediately be flushed down the electoral toilet, which, in the reverse scenario of what I just explained above, tons of voters didn't bother because their state was voting red regardless what they wanted, ergo what's the point?

A voter in a locked-red or locked-blue state has four choices: Vote with the state, vote against the state, vote third party, or stay home and bake cookies. ALL FOUR of those options bring the same result, with the exception that in the fourth scenario you actually get some cookies. That's not an election ---- that's a state-by-state LOCKOUT.

This appears to be the elephant in the room y'all can't touch. You're not interested in protecting state votes; you're interested in RED votes.

If there are fifteen votes and eight of them vote one way, that's called a "majority", not a "mob".

when the votes in ONE state outnumber the votes in EIGHT states...

it's MOB RULE

WRONGO. It's simply one number greater than another. You don't get to decide "that number over there is a 'mob'" just because you don't agree with them.

If you're outvoted --- YOU'RE OUTVOTED. Man up and deal with it.

If you're outvoted --- YOU'RE OUTVOTED

when it's 8-1, or more, it a MOB.

5 out of 44....

scary

Actually, it's 5 out of 45...

5 out of 44....

scary

44 was correct, we've had 44 Presidents.

That's because Grover Cleveland and Grover Cleveland were actually the same person.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Monday that she fully supports abolishing the Electoral College and moving toward a national vote, the first time the 2020 presidential candidate has publicly taken the stance.
“My view is that every vote matters,” the Massachusetts Democrat said to roaring applause at her CNN presidential town hall at Jackson State University in Mississippi. “And the way we can make that happen is that we can have national voting, and that means get rid of the Electoral College.”
Amen! I couldn't agree more! Elections should be about people - not acreage! BTW, the rest of the link is worth reading.

SWELL! GO FOR IT! We need more and more radicalism coming out of the democratic party! Or have they already so dumbed down America that enough of us already don't understand that EVERY VOTE ALREADY DOES COUNT~~ ~~ ~~ that is how every state is decided. Then the states are added up by weight proportional to their population. Let Pocahontas Liz go right on ahead championing the idea that what the DNC wants is:

MOB RULE,

where most of the states will no longer have any say in their government and every election will be decided by a handful of democratically-controlled states like California and New York!

With a HUNDRED important issues out there on the palette of America for a better life, I do hope you dumb fucking bastards pick rewriting the Constitution in your favor so you can win every election as your NUMBER ONE ISSUE to campaign on! :auiqs.jpg: :spinner: :spinner: :auiqs.jpg: LaJerkoff!
I honestly don't see why eliminating the electoral college would preclude Republicans from winning. Is that what you're saying?

I love the way they always fall back on the Doublethinkian "mob rule" canard, while utterly unable to defend it.
Since I'm not so good at math concepts, I keep wondering if I'm missing something. I'm beginning to think maybe I'm not.

It's a bullshit term they're hoping everybody just swallows without demanding an explanation.
Majority rule and mob rule are synonyms. The fact that a majority feels the same way you do doesn't give you the right to impose anything on the minority.

5 out of 44....

scary

you counting Clevelands elections separately?

Why not all of the president that served 2, or more, terms.

A pure popular vote = mob rule
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

For the last month, I've struggled over the question of the Electoral Collage and its relevance today. I had to argue with myself about my long unwavering support of sustaining the EC based on 'Originality' grounds before my epiphany that the EC was part of the balancing compromise over representation for the lower populated white man dominated slave states.

The slave states are no longer holding slaves, and the 14th Amendment granted all former slaves citizenship...the first anchor babies for you knuckle dragging types...therefore that representation balancing of Article 1 is no longer needed and the EC has actually become moot for its intended purpose.

For the last 60 years I've held that the EC was original intent. But with the advent of 13th, 14th & 15th Amendments the demise of the Electoral Collage is long overdue. And with that, all the Gerrymandering shenanigan's pulled by the two major factions can be brought to a close!

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States
Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

MOB RULE,

Majority rule and mob rule are synonyms. The fact that a majority feels the same way you do doesn't give you the right to impose anything on the minority.

See what I mean? This klown wants to sell "synonyms" :rofl:

ma·jor·i·ty
/məˈjôrədē,məˈjärədē/
noun
  1. 1.
    the greater number.
    "in the majority of cases all will go smoothly"
    synonyms: larger part/number, greater part/number, major part, best/better part, main part, most, more than half
mob
/mäb/
noun
  1. 1.
    a large crowd of people, especially one that is disorderly and intent on causing trouble or violence.
    "a mob of protesters"
    synonyms: crowd, horde, multitude, rabble, mass, body, throng

Doesn't look like a pair of "synonyms" to me Fingerboy. Looks like weasel wording.

A pure popular vote = mob rule
Stupid fucking Rabbit!

For the last month, I've struggled over the question of the Electoral Collage and its relevance today. I had to argue with myself about my long unwavering support of sustaining the EC based on 'Originality' grounds before my epiphany that the EC was part of the balancing compromise over representation for the lower populated white man dominated slave states.

The slave states are no longer holding slaves, and the 14th Amendment granted all former slaves citizenship...the first anchor babies for you knuckle dragging types...therefore that representation balancing of Article 1 is no longer needed and the EC has actually become moot for its intended purpose.

For the last 60 years I've held that the EC was original intent. But with the advent of 13th, 14th & 15th Amendments the demise of the Electoral Collage is long overdue. And with that, all the Gerrymandering shenanigan's pulled by the two major factions can be brought to a close!

Einstein called that a mind experiment. Schroder killed his cat

The electoral college is designed to oppose democracy in the election of the president. The entire point of ending the EC is to put the entire country under the dictatorship of New York and California.

5 out of 44....

scary

you counting Clevelands elections separately?

Why not all of the president that served 2, or more, terms.

Fun fact: Cleveland ran for POTUS three times, won a plurality of the popular vote all three times.
Andrew Jackson, same thing.

What about the historical rankings of drunken losers who lost the Electoral College?

What about the historical rankings of drunken losers who lost the Electoral College?

Grant didn't lose the EC. Nor did Pierce. Nor did Nixon unless you mean 1960.
Those are about the only "drunks" I know of.

All the Democrats now want the EC abolished as it will give all the power to the large Metro areas which of course are all Democrat like NYC and L.A. metros (city and burns). It is just another ILLEGAL power grab like their quest for Open Borders.

Forum List

Back