Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

53522433_10214333250154065_7377220532678164480_n.jpg

So, these racist old misogynists thought they made a better system of government? If only they could see it now.
They would be happy to know they are still right.

JFK made the successful argument that the Electoral College is based on a system that ensures equal representation of all Americans small fly-over states just as equally as huge cities / areas like NY & LA (Ca). JFK pointed out that the US Senate is based on basically the same type system - 2 reps per state despite population...if you get rid of the Electoral College, he argued, then for the same reason we would need to eliminate the US Senate.
JFK was a real American Democrat. They're all gone.

So, these racist old misogynists thought they made a better system of government? If only they could see it now.

JFK made the successful argument that the Electoral College is based on a system that ensures equal representation of all Americans small fly-over states just as equally as huge cities / areas like NY & LA (Ca). JFK pointed out that the US Senate is based on basically the same type system - 2 reps per state despite population...if you get rid of the Electoral College, he argued, then for the same reason we would need to eliminate the US Senate.

Linkie?
Do your research, you lazy asswipe.

Linkie?
Google.com

I read the article this morning, don't have it sitting in front of me right now. It was worth the effort to look up and read...

Republicans don't want the presidential election decided by popular vote because their ideas aren't popular.

Suppressing what the people want is the only way Republicans can maintain power.

You don't know what the popular vote would turn out because we never had one for a Presidential election. Remember during DumBama that we had most of the Governorships across the country not to mention the lead in Congress and eventually the Senate. That in addition to the statewide positions of power that turned Republican.

The idea that Hil-Liar won the popular vote is a stupid one. It's like saying I'm a better poker player than you are even though you won because I formed some great gin rummy hands.
Cute story.

Literally makes no sense.

Hillary won the popular vote because she had more total votes. I know this is difficult for you to understand but you should really try.

But the people running don’t try to win the popular vote because it’s useless? If you’re going to change the rules then the people will campaign differently and pander to the populous states. So HRC won but it’s irrelevant. It’s like saying a football team had more yards. But it’s pts not yards that ultimately count. If you change the rules to yards then the strategy becomes materially different.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Oh I get it. And I don't disagree that strategy will differ.

I still want the popular vote to be used for presidential elections.

That’s fine but then the candidates will never go to states with small population centers. You could not do it for 2020 because people are already strategizing using the EC strategy but if you want to do it for 2024 then let’s get it passed.

Much like their political theatrics over demanding Mueller's report be released in its entirety and their demand that Trump's tax returns be released, Democrats do not have the power to do this.

Abandoning the Electoral College would take a Constitutional Amendment. If Democrats simply 'voted' to abandon it a law suit would be filed, & the USSC would rule the move as un-Constitutional.

Snowflakes continue to attempt to rally their base by claiming Hillary win the 2016 election, that the win was stolen, and continue to throw this tantrum because they refuse to accept the outcome of the 2016 election.

The snowflakes / Democrats completely skip over the fact that Hillary shod never have been in the election because she should have been indicted for her proven crimes instead of being protected AND the fact that Hillary was GIVEN the DNC nomination she could not win on her own ... Despite rigging primaries and cheating in debates...

Here's a klown who thinks "Democrats" can vote to amend the Constitution, and that criticism of the EC has something to do with a "Hillary".

Linkie?
Google.com

I read the article this morning, don't have it sitting in front of me right now. It was worth the effort to look up and read...

soooooooooooooo .......... no linkie.

With a pure popular vote, It would be pointless for the red counties to even vote.

The numbers are not there to ever win any election...
320px-2016_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg.png

The needs and interests of rural America and urban America can’t be any more different... fact

Thank God for the electoral college

I'm for leaving it as it is now that allows the states to decide how they want to determine their electors. I'd vote against a state legislator candidate that favors the determination be based on national popular vote.

With a pure popular vote it would be pointless for anyone living in the red parts of the country to show up to the poles, Because their votes would be totally offset by just A few of the blue counties...

See all those red areas in California? Those would be millions of votes for republicans that aren’t currently factored. If they did count think of how many more California republicans would vote, cause it would actually matter. Did you think about that?
It would be a waste of time for them conservatives to come out to vote with a pure popular vote.
Why? That's the point. All votes are equal in a popular vote.
With a pure popular vote it would be pointless for anyone living in the red parts of the country to show up to the poles, Because their votes would be totally offset by just A few of the blue counties...

See all those red areas in California? Those would be millions of votes for republicans that aren’t currently factored. If they did count think of how many more California republicans would vote, cause it would actually matter. Did you think about that?
It would be a waste of time for them conservatives to come out to vote with a pure popular vote.

No it isn't equal.
Rural areas have low populations because vast areas are used for crops and live stock.
So States with higher populations would always win over the heartland of the American States.

Republicans don't want the presidential election decided by popular vote because their ideas aren't popular.

Suppressing what the people want is the only way Republicans can maintain power.

You don't know what the popular vote would turn out because we never had one for a Presidential election. Remember during DumBama that we had most of the Governorships across the country not to mention the lead in Congress and eventually the Senate. That in addition to the statewide positions of power that turned Republican.

The idea that Hil-Liar won the popular vote is a stupid one. It's like saying I'm a better poker player than you are even though you won because I formed some great gin rummy hands.
Cute story.

Hillary won the popular vote because she had more total votes. I know this is difficult for you to understand but you should really try.
Lol
Fuckface, More people voted for the conservative/libertarian side, and it doesn’t matter anyways because presidents are not elected by a fucking popular vote, this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy shut the fuck up you moron.
2016 Presidential General Election Results

Great then a conservative would have won.

The electoral college is past it's prime. It's time to ensure all votes are equal.
There is no reason for people in rural America to vote in a pure popular vote, They would lose every single presidential election.
So you don't understand what a popular vote is.

Just ask if you need help figuring it out.

I'm for leaving it as it is now that allows the states to decide how they want to determine their electors. I'd vote against a state legislator candidate that favors the determination be based on national popular vote.

If you leave it as is, nothing changes. And if nothing changes we're doomed to be under the thumb of the Duopoly, forever.

And if we're under the Duopoly forever, neither side of it has any incentive whatsoever to field a decent candidate. Because they don't need to. All the need to do is be "not the other one".

Can't believe you people can't see that.

Cute story.

Lol
Fuckface, More people voted for the conservative/libertarian side, and it doesn’t matter anyways because presidents are not elected by a fucking popular vote, this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy shut the fuck up you moron.

The electoral college is past it's prime. It's time to ensure all votes are equal.

The EC does equalize the votes.

Sure doesn't.

It does the very opposite of that.

Na, not really
All of the people in the red areas would be displaced by just a few blue counties...
That is why this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy
You're clearly confused.

Maybe ask your grandson to explain it to you.

Cute story.

But the people running don’t try to win the popular vote because it’s useless? If you’re going to change the rules then the people will campaign differently and pander to the populous states. So HRC won but it’s irrelevant. It’s like saying a football team had more yards. But it’s pts not yards that ultimately count. If you change the rules to yards then the strategy becomes materially different.

That’s fine but then the candidates will never go to states with small population centers. You could not do it for 2020 because people are already strategizing using the EC strategy but if you want to do it for 2024 then let’s get it passed.
You're right they won't. But the way it is now.. Candidates only visit a handful of swing States anyway.

Cute story.

Lol

There is no reason for people in rural America to vote in a pure popular vote, They would lose every single presidential election.
So you don't understand what a popular vote is.

Just ask if you need help figuring it out.
Lol
This is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy.
Just because you don’t like the system... mob rule will not change that

Cute story.

You're right they won't. But the way it is now.. Candidates only visit a handful of swing States anyway.

It’s bit more than a handful but true. The other question is why have states at all. Why not just be America?

No it isn't equal.
Rural areas have low populations because vast areas are used for crops and live stock.
So States with higher populations would always win over the heartland of the American States.

Why do you keep referring to "states"?

There are no "states" in a popular vote. Just the total vote from all people across the country. States doesn't matter.

Na, not really
All of the people in the red areas would be displaced by just a few blue counties...
That is why this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy
You're clearly confused.

Maybe ask your grandson to explain it to you.
Well, why don’t you change it? You do know what it takes to change an amendment?

Well there seems to be the drumbeat of that again...

Getting rid of electoral college means rural America might as well not even vote, They would lose every single election.

States like California or Florida Texas and New York would dominate everything in this country…

There is a reason why they call this a republic not a shit eating democracy...
Rural areas are giving way to urban areas that are getting too populous.
However, every citizen should be able to cast their measly vote on important issues wherever they live.

Forum List

Back