Elizabeth Warren: 'End Electoral College'

Cute story.

Literally makes no sense.

Hillary won the popular vote because she had more total votes. I know this is difficult for you to understand but you should really try.

But the people running don’t try to win the popular vote because it’s useless? If you’re going to change the rules then the people will campaign differently and pander to the populous states. So HRC won but it’s irrelevant. It’s like saying a football team had more yards. But it’s pts not yards that ultimately count. If you change the rules to yards then the strategy becomes materially different.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Oh I get it. And I don't disagree that strategy will differ.

I still want the popular vote to be used for presidential elections.

That’s fine but then the candidates will never go to states with small population centers. You could not do it for 2020 because people are already strategizing using the EC strategy but if you want to do it for 2024 then let’s get it passed.
You're right they won't. But the way it is now.. Candidates only visit a handful of swing States anyway.

It’s bit more than a handful but true. The other question is why have states at all. Why not just be America?
States are very much needed and that's why the Senate and House make sense to ensure all are fairly represented.

See all those red areas in California? Those would be millions of votes for republicans that aren’t currently factored. If they did count think of how many more California republicans would vote, cause it would actually matter. Did you think about that?
It would be a waste of time for them conservatives to come out to vote with a pure popular vote.
Why? That's the point. All votes are equal in a popular vote.
Na, not really
All of the people in the red areas would be displaced by just a few blue counties...
That is why this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy
You're clearly confused.

Maybe ask your grandson to explain it to you.
Well, why don’t you change it? You do know what it takes to change an amendment?
That's what I'm here doing... Advocating for change.

With a pure popular vote it would be pointless for anyone living in the red parts of the country to show up to the poles, Because their votes would be totally offset by just A few of the blue counties...
320px-2016_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg.png

Thank God for the electoral college
See all those red areas in California? Those would be millions of votes for republicans that aren’t currently factored. If they did count think of how many more California republicans would vote, cause it would actually matter. Did you think about that?
It would be a waste of time for them conservatives to come out to vote with a pure popular vote.
Why?

Na, not really
All of the people in the red areas would be displaced by just a few blue counties...
You're clearly confused.

Well, why don’t you change it? You do know what it takes to change an amendment?

I think voters who voted in Tlaib and Omar and AOC are idiots. May I vote against them?

But the people running don’t try to win the popular vote because it’s useless? If you’re going to change the rules then the people will campaign differently and pander to the populous states. So HRC won but it’s irrelevant. It’s like saying a football team had more yards. But it’s pts not yards that ultimately count. If you change the rules to yards then the strategy becomes materially different.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Oh I get it. And I don't disagree that strategy will differ.

I still want the popular vote to be used for presidential elections.

That’s fine but then the candidates will never go to states with small population centers. You could not do it for 2020 because people are already strategizing using the EC strategy but if you want to do it for 2024 then let’s get it passed.
You're right they won't. But the way it is now.. Candidates only visit a handful of swing States anyway.

It’s bit more than a handful but true. The other question is why have states at all. Why not just be America?
States are very much needed and that's why the Senate and House make sense to ensure all are fairly represented.

Why are they very much needed? I dont follow?

With a pure popular vote it would be pointless for anyone living in the red parts of the country to show up to the poles, Because their votes would be totally offset by just A few of the blue counties...

No it isn't equal.
Rural areas have low populations because vast areas are used for crops and live stock.
So States with higher populations would always win over the heartland of the American States.

Why do you keep referring to "states"?

There are no "states" in a popular vote. Just the total vote from all people across the country. States doesn't matter.

you seriously said that?

of course it matters, once again peoples values are different in Montana then in fagsville California.

The left has INDOCTRINATED the blue states that's why you still have like 90% of blacks still voting for the party that had them in chains 175 years plus ago.

Once again, it REQUIRES an amendment to get rid of the Electoral college. That means BOTH Houses of Congress must propose and pass the proposed amendment ( yes I know there is another way BUT it has never been used and was ignored recently even when the criteria was met) I believe with a 2/3rds majority. Then it goes to the States and it requires 37 States to approve it with in a time limit. I SERIOUSLY doubt this will happen any time soon no matter how butt hurt the democrats are.

Na, not really
You're clearly confused.

I think voters who voted in Tlaib and Omar and AOC are idiots. May I vote against them?
Which of those states do you love in?

You don't know what the popular vote would turn out because we never had one for a Presidential election. Remember during DumBama that we had most of the Governorships across the country not to mention the lead in Congress and eventually the Senate. That in addition to the statewide positions of power that turned Republican.

The idea that Hil-Liar won the popular vote is a stupid one. It's like saying I'm a better poker player than you are even though you won because I formed some great gin rummy hands.
Cute story.

Hillary won the popular vote because she had more total votes. I know this is difficult for you to understand but you should really try.
Lol
Fuckface, More people voted for the conservative/libertarian side, and it doesn’t matter anyways because presidents are not elected by a fucking popular vote, this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy shut the fuck up you moron.
2016 Presidential General Election Results

Great then a conservative would have won.

The electoral college is past it's prime. It's time to ensure all votes are equal.

The EC does equalize the votes.

Sure doesn't.

It does the very opposite of that.
You don't know what the popular vote would turn out because we never had one for a Presidential election. Remember during DumBama that we had most of the Governorships across the country not to mention the lead in Congress and eventually the Senate. That in addition to the statewide positions of power that turned Republican.

The idea that Hil-Liar won the popular vote is a stupid one. It's like saying I'm a better poker player than you are even though you won because I formed some great gin rummy hands.
Cute story.

Lol
Fuckface, More people voted for the conservative/libertarian side, and it doesn’t matter anyways because presidents are not elected by a fucking popular vote, this is supposed to be a republic not a shit eating democracy shut the fuck up you moron.

The electoral college is past it's prime. It's time to ensure all votes are equal.

Sure doesn't.

Sure does.
The EC gives low population areas their voting rights over the densely populated States.

No it isn't equal.
Rural areas have low populations because vast areas are used for crops and live stock.
So States with higher populations would always win over the heartland of the American States.

There are no "states" in a popular vote. Just the total vote from all people across the country. States doesn't matter.

you seriously said that?

of course it matters, once again peoples values are different in Montana then in fagsville California.

The left has INDOCTRINATED the blue states that's why you still have like 90% of blacks still voting for the party that had them in chains 175 years plus ago.
That's why each state has representation through their senators and congressman. No one is being left out that way.

Try and keep up.

Republicans don't want the presidential election decided by popular vote because their ideas aren't popular.

Suppressing what the people want is the only way Republicans can maintain power.
Pure popular vote = mob rule
False.

Popular vote is giving the power to the people.
The Constitution clearly intended for the President to be elected by the states and ot by the combined popular vote of all the states, so what you want is a fundamental change in the Constitution and would best be achieved by amending the Constitution.

Ok sounds good
So the Democrats should go ahead and start a movement to amend the Constitution instead of trying to find loopholes so they can get around what the Constitution intended as they are doing now.

Na, not really
You're clearly confused.

Love? I get you. I dont. I live in MA where my vote is useless. But I think only idiots would elect devout Muslim extremists to Congress. So if we open up the POTUS votes let’s open up all the votes?

I'm for leaving it as it is now that allows the states to decide how they want to determine their electors. I'd vote against a state legislator candidate that favors the determination be based on national popular vote.

If you leave it as is, nothing changes. And if nothing changes we're doomed to be under the thumb of the Duopoly, forever.

Good point about if nothing changes, I just don't see dumping the Electoral College as the change needed. Personally, I'd like to see all these third parties and independents come together every four years to hold unified primaries and a convention. Right now they're so divided that they're easily conquered.

Cute story.

Lol

Sure doesn't.

Cute story.

Lol

Sure doesn't.

Sure does.
The EC gives low population areas their voting rights over the densely populated States.
The EC devalues votes so that not all votes are equal.

No it isn't equal.

you seriously said that?

That's why each state has representation through their senators and congressman. No one is being left out that way.

Try and keep up.
the senate rules were changed or didn't they teach you about the assnine 17th ammendment in school?

'In 1992, Bill Clinton did not get a majority of the popular vote (only 43 percent) but he received 70 percent of the electoral votes.'

Where was the Democratic Party's tantrum and call to abolish the Electoral College in 1992 when Bill Clinton LOST the 'Popular Vote' Presidential Election?

Why We Shouldn’t Scrap the Electoral College | myHeritage

The frickin' "Democratic Party" has nothing to do with the EC question, Dumbass. 1992 was in fact when the "FairVote" project was launched, as noted earlier, from both sides of politics.

Time to grow the fuck up and shed the binary-bot shit.

As already noted earlier, other POTUSes who didn't win the PV include Bush (2000), Nixon (1968), Truman (1948), Wilson (1912), Harrison (1888), Hayes (1876), Lincoln (1860) and Quincy Adams (1824).

Last edited:
They wouldn’t be meaningless. But they probably wouldn’t mean as much as they do now, that’s a point for debate. Why should our presidential elections come down to a handleful of battle ground states when our population centers are majority of other states are pretty much predetermined. How many Rally’s did Trump do in California? Not many if any, right? That’s millions of people that were ignored with our current system. A popular vote would put those votes more in play right?

Trump had no reason to campaign in a state that he had no chance at winning. Hillary didn't spend a lot of time in the swing states because the bag thought she had those states in the bag. She totally ignored flyover country.
Exactly the point, he couldn’t win the state so he didn’t campaign there. But theres a ton of conservatives and republicans in California. Many farmers and blue collared industrial workers from rural areas. He could have pulled millions of votes. There are probability many with conservative views that don’t even bother to vote because they know which way the state is going to go. Think about it. A popular vote isn’t necessarily going to benefit the Left. If there really is a “forgotten man” then they could very well exist within these big blue states.
A pure popular vote is a slam dunk for progressives, It’s not even close.
There is no reason for rural America to even vote with a pure popular vote.
Explain why... these empty proclaimations are meaningless. I just put out some points. How about trying to respond to them or make some of your own. Something more than “it’s a slam dunk for progressives”. WHY? HOW?
Ok, Southern California Would displace five states in the northern plains, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.
Cali already wipes out those states with EC votes. Ca has 55... ND (3) SD(3) WY(3) MT(3) and ID(4) add up to 16. What’s else you got?

Lol

Sure doesn't.

Lol

Sure doesn't.

Sure does.
The EC devalues votes so that not all votes are equal.

they are all equal, it nullifies the INDOCTRINATION of the blue states and them trying to get as many illegals in as possible

It would make more sense breaking up the country than getting rid of the electoral college.

With a pure popular vote, urban America will fully control every aspect of Rural Americans lives...

Na, not really
You're clearly confused.

Love? I get you. I dont. I live in MA where my vote is useless. But I think only idiots would elect devout Muslim extremists to Congress. So if we open up the POTUS votes let’s open up all the votes?
The president oversees the country. Which is why each vote should be equal when selecting that person.

AOC represents her district which is why only people who live there should be able to decide who gets to represent them in the house.

This really isn't that complex.

Forum List

Back