Elizabeth Warren's DNA test results point to Native American heritage

Does Pocha support legalizing weed?

If she doesn't, she won't even carry the Native American vote....

Thank God she got preferential treatment because she is 1/512 th Native American.

What she suffered through is unimaginable.
where does it say anywhere by a neutral source she was ever given an "extra benefit" from her claim?

Harvard listed her as a Native American on their staff.

You can claim it didn’t help her get the job, but I think it did.
what makes you think it did?
why did harvard list her as native american on their site? if she didn't at any time pass herself off a such, where did harvard get that idea? not trying to be anal but wanting to try and understand how she could have gotten referred to this way on harvards own site if she never said something somewhere along the line.

When Harvard listed the ethnicity of their staff, they labeled Warren as NA.

That is a fact,

Elizabeth Warren has taken a DNA test.

The results show she wasn't lying.

trump and the republicans have been lying all this time.

The truth is that most American families that have been here for a long time have Native American Indian somewhere in the past in their families.

I do. Like Warren it was a long family story that many generations back someone married a Cherokee woman. I never believed it until I took a DNA test. There it was. Just like Warren, a very small part of my DNA has Native American Indian. Just like the family story, it's very small which means it's many generations back.

Just like most Americans.

So go ahead and call her names. You're only showing your hate and ignorance.

The results are from a buddies DNA company.......so not convincing......

Elizabeth Warren Releases Results Of DNA Test, Just Ends Up Raising More Questions

In a correction posted at the bottom of the piece, the Globe notes that its 1/512th Native American calculation was actually too generous: "Due to a math error, a story about Elizabeth Warren misstated the ancestry percentage of a potential 10th generation relative. It should be 1/1,024."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...for_native_american_dna_elizabeth_warren.html

Warren's 'gotcha' is hardly the 'slam dunk' she claims. The genetic finding she cites makes her at most 1/32 Native American, and it could easily be as little as 1/512 Native American. Since Warren's original claim to Native American ancestry was that her great great grandmother Sara was "part" Native American, that raises the likelihood that she's in the 1/512 range.

Which is almost exactly the same as the average white American's composition of Native American ancestry. 1/512 is 0.19 percent. The average white American's is 0.18 percent, according to Sam Morningstar, who has a rather authoritative-looking piece on Quora about how Native American ancestry works in the U.S., and the fact that it's frankly, among whites, quite rare. The 0.18 percent average, he notes, is easily misleading, given that most white Americans have utterly no Native American ancestry in them, and a small number have much more.

But here we have Elizabeth Warren, right there on the white-people average for being Indian.

Thank God she got preferential treatment because she is 1/512 th Native American.

where does it say anywhere by a neutral source she was ever given an "extra benefit" from her claim?

i have no idea. harvard says no, but hey - they do turn around and like you say - list her as such. if *she* didn't say it or check a box, then where did that come from for harvard to do that?

legit question.

Federal documents indicate Harvard repeatedly reported Elizabeth Warren as Native American

Harvard now rejects qualified Asians strictly on the basis that the are Asian. They have admitted it.

If you think Liz did not get preferential treatment my claiming she was Native American, I can’t help you.

She didn’t say she was 1/512th Native American. She said she was Native American.

I am 99.9% chimpanzee, but I don’t go around saying I am a chimpanzee.
first - how the fuck did asians get into this? before we muddy shit up can we finish a topic?

i never said she did or did not. i simply asked how they got the impression to put this on their bio of her on their site *IF SHE* did not say something like this along the way.

you need to back up and try comprehension first. then you can go back to being a chimp.

Does Pocha support legalizing weed?

If she doesn't, she won't even carry the Native American vote....

I am sure she does. Hell, I do.

I am conservative. Drugs should be legal. Fuck the government, leave me alone.

If I want to blaze myself into oblivion every i should be legally allowed to do so.

what makes you think it did?
why did harvard list her as native american on their site? if she didn't at any time pass herself off a such, where did harvard get that idea? not trying to be anal but wanting to try and understand how she could have gotten referred to this way on harvards own site if she never said something somewhere along the line.

When Harvard listed the ethnicity of their staff, they labeled Warren as NA.

That is a fact,
OF WHICH i have said and posted a link saying harvard DID have her listed that way. the question i keep asking care4all is how did they get this impression of SHE didn't say something along the line?

The truth is that most American families that have been here for a long time have Native American Indian somewhere in the past in their families.

I do. Like Warren it was a long family story that many generations back someone married a Cherokee woman. I never believed it until I took a DNA test. There it was. Just like Warren, a very small part of my DNA has Native American Indian. Just like the family story, it's very small which means it's many generations back.

And did you go secure yourself a cushy job by claiming to be a Native American?

So you miss the point all together. Warren listed herself as a minority at the University of Pa. According to the article she is at best 1/32 native American or 1/512 Native American. That mix is not enough to qualify as a minority, she did so and received benefits.

The chief of the Cherokee nation, Bill John Baker is 1/32 Cherokee. Maybe you should tell him he doesn't qualify to be chief.

How much Cherokee is he?
It doesn’t qualify as minority status. Try staying on subject.

FEAR

One again the Right Wing engages in Character Assassination of a Democratic Pol.

The Republican Party and it's fellow travelers can not win elections on ideas, and every election cycle rely on lies, wedge issues and character assassinations to convince the biddable that they are the Party to support.

To paraphrase a great American, you can fool some of the people all of the time if you lie, use half-truths, rumors, innuendo and dark money, and echo each of the above on the Internet.

i have no idea. harvard says no, but hey - they do turn around and like you say - list her as such. if *she* didn't say it or check a box, then where did that come from for harvard to do that?

legit question.

Federal documents indicate Harvard repeatedly reported Elizabeth Warren as Native American

Harvard now rejects qualified Asians strictly on the basis that the are Asian. They have admitted it.

If you think Liz did not get preferential treatment my claiming she was Native American, I can’t help you.

She didn’t say she was 1/512th Native American. She said she was Native American.

first - how the fuck did asians get into this? before we muddy shit up can we finish a topic?

i never said she did or did not. i simply asked how they got the impression to put this on their bio of her on their site *IF SHE* did not say something like this along the way.

you need to back up and try comprehension first. then you can go back to being a chimp.

Asians got into this because Harvard is racist against Asians...proving that they use ethnicity in their decision making.

Opinion | Harvard’s discrimination against Asian Americans must end

Did she? Prove it, or be one more voice lying, posting a half-truth, a rumor, an innuendo and of course character assassination.

Did she? Prove it, or be one more voice lying, posting a half-truth, a rumor, an innuendo and of course character assassination.

Just curious, why weren’t you demanding proof from Ford 2 weeks ago?

1/32 black is all black in American way of looking at this, so I guess this excuses Warren for claiming she is indian.

I don't buy it, but if 1/32 black means black....

However, I do feel that she claimed this to get on the affirmative action gravy train. She claimed this when she could profit from it, she was quiet when she could't
all LIES

why don't you actually fact check your claims before mouthing off support for the LIE?

Is that really too much work?
What lies? 6 generations back is the MOST positive for warren that she can claim. Within the distribution is a lot worse for her.

She was claiming indian heritage when she could get benefits. Otherwise, she was quiet.

You do realize you are trying to convince willfully ignorant fools of something they have no interest in believing because they are willfully ignorant fools right?

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

All I'm doing is posting truths then watching the conservatives have melt downs, keep lying or come up with stupid excuses.

It's good for comic relief but sad to see so many Americans so full of hate and ignorance.

We saw lots of hate and ignorance during the Kavanaugh hearings. What we didn't see is people who check the box for Advantage without being qualified to do so. It's not the white Americans you have to worry about it will be the Indian Nation who will be standing at every campaign stop she makes with protest signs and now more than ever that she foolishly handed them the proof.

Jo
Oh? Why would the Indian Nation protest her now since she now has evidence of Natuve American Indian in her heritage?
lol That was 10 generations back. That's such a stupid claim she should be tested for Neanderthal DNA.

Obviously you have no clue on DNA testing. 23&Me does report on what percentage of Neanderthal one carries. And my research went back in my family history 12 + or - generations to the 1500's.

Check wikpedi
I was never on the bandwagon for her to have a DNA Test. I suspect it is quite common for people to have some Indian Ancestry in America. 1/32 Native American is practically meaningless. Of course if 1/32nd is the standard, then all of us are minorities of some sort.

Actually it’s quite rare statistically.

https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-the-US-population-carry-Native-Americans’-DNA

The phenomenon of Americans claiming Native American blood is actually highly exaggerated and inflated.

You can see a very stark example of this by looking at the 2010 Census. 800,000+ Americans claims to have “Cherokee” ancestry. Yet, at that point, the three Cherokee bands only had a population of just over 300,000 individuals. And the vast majority were enrolled in Cherokee Nation which doesn’t even have a minimum blood quantum. To put this into perspective there were more Americans with no tribal affiliation claiming Cherokee blood than there were enrolled Cherokees. This is statistically and demographically impossible, but this just goes to illustrates how prevalent these false stories or claims are.

If you want to see the analysis for this phenomenon, see my previous answer here:

What are some mind blowing facts about Native Americans?

My firm conclusion would be that very few Americans have Native American ancestry, in general. And few that have this ancestry are not aware of it.

Nobody wants to deny her her personal fantasies. The real question is did she check the box? We now know that she probably should not have if she did. This entire Adventure was not worth it for her. All she did was stir up a sleeping dog and remind a bunch of aggravated American Indians that there's a pretender running around trying to benefit from a false Heritage claim. some of them with little else to do will make it a point to be at almost every campaign stop she makes holding up protest signs. This wasn't a very smart thing that she did.

Jo

legit question.

If you think Liz did not get preferential treatment by claiming she was Native American, I can’t help you.

Subspecies, Tumpanzee?

Did she? Prove it.....

Haven’t you read the entire thread?

Wow, from 1/32 to 1/512th Native American.

Are you using the old Jim Crow rules of "one drop" to make her sound like she wasn't bullshitting about having a much more involved Native American heritage?
Yup...now you are scrambling to move the goal posts.

The goalposts were set by her, and she dinked one off the left upright.
She never claimed a significant portion and for that matter she never used it to gain advantage in school. What she claimed was supported in the DNA test you challenged her to take. Why not just admit she is right and let I go instead of digging in deeper? Surely you can find other things to attack her on?

"I" challenged her?

And we only have the word of her colleagues at Haaaarvard that they didn't consider her "heritage" in her application.
Whose word do you have that says they DID consider her heritage when they hired her??

Why would she claim it unless it conferred on her some perceived advantage?

Forum List

Back