Elizabeth Warren's DNA test results point to Native American heritage

Yes, we do.

The report does not support Warren's assertion whatsoever. A Native American ancestor at least SIX GENERATIONS ago somehow making her Indian is ludicrous. We are all of every nationality then.

Think of how hard you would be scoffing here if a sheet white guy was trying to claim he was black because his great, great, great, great grandmother was black. Someone IN THE 1800's in her family was Indian.

Seriously - 6 generations. How can you look at that and even remotely think that this vindicates her claim.

If white society had known he had black blood sixty or more years ago he would have been called black and subject to the same restrictions as a black person with a higher percentage of black heritage. You really need to let it go and find something else to pick on.

The one drop rule law that was the law of the land in some of the states in the United States for a very long time. Mostly in the south. It's also still considered the standard among the far right conservative white supremacists. So yes had the person you're replying to had been alive in that time in our nation's history, that person would have legally been classified as black in some states in our nation.

One-drop rule - Wikipedia

The one-drop rule is a social and legal principle of racial classification that was historically prominent in the United States asserting that any person with even one ancestor of sub-Saharan-African ancestry ("one drop" of black blood)[1][2] is considered black (Negro in historical terms).
This concept evolved over the course of the 19th century and became codified into the law of some states in the early 20th century. It was associated with the principle of "invisible blackness" and is an example of hypodescent, the automatic assignment of children of a mixed union between different socioeconomic or ethnic groups to the group with the lower status.[3]
Who cares? She never mentioned a drop one time. She talked about heritage. And it turns out she was right.
1/1024 is not American Indian

1/1024 is not American Indian

No, but Warren, and her supporters think that if she has a "Dream Catcher" over her bed she can claim she is.
Elizabeth-Warren-Fauxcahontas.jpg

No, the DNA confirmed she has a microscopic portion of her DNA that is Native American. That is all.

I don't even claim to Native American even though I am about 4 times more than Liz Warren could possibly be.
That is about what she claimed
A great, great, great grandmother

Her family history was correct

The test didn't prove that.
She said she was told that there was Indian blood in her family. That sometime in the past an American Indian married into her family. The DNA test proves she’s correct. That’s all you need to know. If she said she was an American Indian she would’ve said what tribe. But I don’t remember her saying that do you? Only that she had American Indian heritage. And she does.

Elizabeth Warren’s Heritage Played No Role in Her Hiring

Why does the truth always freak out Republicans? Is it because they lie so much?

LOL a link from her own site.

She played the identity politics game and she has been shown lacking in any real attachment to native american culture except a few snippets of DNA.

Come on man...Warren said she was Native American because she knew it would get her preferential treatment.

It did. She got the preferential treatment then, but now she is paying back the bad karma.

Just stop it. If she had a (R) after her name, you would be yelling at her during her dinner out.

Don’t be disingenuous
Lying fuck. That has been debunked a gazilion times.

Pull your hread out of Truimp's ass & get better innformed.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

All I'm doing is posting truths then watching the conservatives have melt downs, keep lying or come up with stupid excuses.

It's good for comic relief but sad to see so many Americans so full of hate and ignorance.

We saw lots of hate and ignorance during the Kavanaugh hearings. What we didn't see is people who check the box for Advantage without being qualified to do so. It's not the white Americans you have to worry about it will be the Indian Nation who will be standing at every campaign stop she makes with protest signs and now more than ever that she foolishly handed them the proof.

Jo
Oh? Why would the Indian Nation protest her now since she now has evidence of Natuve American Indian in her heritage?
lol That was 10 generations back. That's such a stupid claim she should be tested for Neanderthal DNA.

Obviously you have no clue on DNA testing. 23&Me does report on what percentage of Neanderthal one carries. And my research went back in my family history 12 + or - generations to the 1500's.

Check wikpedi
I was never on the bandwagon for her to have a DNA Test. I suspect it is quite common for people to have some Indian Ancestry in America. 1/32 Native American is practically meaningless. Of course if 1/32nd is the standard, then all of us are minorities of some sort.

Actually it’s quite rare statistically.

https://www.quora.com/What-percentage-of-the-US-population-carry-Native-Americans’-DNA

The phenomenon of Americans claiming Native American blood is actually highly exaggerated and inflated.

You can see a very stark example of this by looking at the 2010 Census. 800,000+ Americans claims to have “Cherokee” ancestry. Yet, at that point, the three Cherokee bands only had a population of just over 300,000 individuals. And the vast majority were enrolled in Cherokee Nation which doesn’t even have a minimum blood quantum. To put this into perspective there were more Americans with no tribal affiliation claiming Cherokee blood than there were enrolled Cherokees. This is statistically and demographically impossible, but this just goes to illustrates how prevalent these false stories or claims are.

If you want to see the analysis for this phenomenon, see my previous answer here:

What are some mind blowing facts about Native Americans?

My firm conclusion would be that very few Americans have Native American ancestry, in general. And few that have this ancestry are not aware of it.

Nobody wants to deny her her personal fantasies. The real question is did she check the box? We now know that she probably should not have if she did. This entire Adventure was not worth it for her. All she did was stir up a sleeping dog and remind a bunch of aggravated American Indians that there's a pretender running around trying to benefit from a false Heritage claim. some of them with little else to do will make it a point to be at almost every campaign stop she makes holding up protest signs. This wasn't a very smart thing that she did.

Jo

Oh wow, she checked a box, based on family lore. That's criminal, "lock her up". But wait, I don't need to "Check wikpedi"; I've taken both Ancestry.Com and 23&Me. Figure three generations per century, six generations go back to the early 1800's. Ten to the early 1700's, and one branch of my family tree goes back to France in the 1500's.

If asked, what box should I check? Mutt is not available, sense my family history has members from German, France, Italy and Romania.

The claim she checked the Native American box solely to get a job is ridiculous, since only she knows and everyone who claims she did has no evidence to prove she did.

Odd how those who claim she did, claim Kavanaugh didn't do what he was accused of even when there is testimonial evidence he did.

She would have been much better off to let the Sleeping Dog lie... The whole issue had pretty much died down. Considering the fact that even the registered tribes have a different opinion of blood quantum should be enough of a hint for anyone seeking to avoid controversy to stay the hell away from the issue. Now she will have members of various tribes at almost every campaign stop holding up protest signs accusing her of being a Pretender. From a purely pragmatic point of view this was a stupid move. For many of them she is just another Rachel Dolezal.

Jo

^^^^^This. She must be a political moron to open up this can of worms again. All it did was to reinforce that she is NOT Indian, and that she has lied in order to get preferential treatment. Hillary must be advising her!!!

Elizabeth Warren builds expansive Democratic campaign effort ahead of likely 2020 bid
Washington Post ^

During the past six months, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) has built a shadow war room designed to elect Democrats across the country in the midterm elections, overtaking some of the traditional duties of Democratic Party campaign committees and further positioning herself for an all-but-certain 2020 presidential bid.

Her effort, which goes far beyond the fundraising and endorsement speeches in which prospective presidential candidates typically engage, has encompassed work in all 50 states and close coordination with more than 150 campaigns. The result is a wide-ranging network that includes those running for state treasurer in Nevada, state legislature in Iowa and congressional offices across the country.

Elizabeth Warren has taken a DNA test.

The results show she wasn't lying.

trump and the republicans have been lying all this time.

The truth is that most American families that have been here for a long time have Native American Indian somewhere in the past in their families.

I do. Like Warren it was a long family story that many generations back someone married a Cherokee woman. I never believed it until I took a DNA test. There it was. Just like Warren, a very small part of my DNA has Native American Indian. Just like the family story, it's very small which means it's many generations back.

Just like most Americans.

So go ahead and call her names. You're only showing your hate and ignorance.

And did you go secure yourself a cushy job by claiming to be a Native American?

Did she? Prove it.....

Haven’t you read the entire thread?
Of course not? People jump in the middle of threads with no facts and spout off constantly.

{mea culpa}

She claimed to have heritage for Harvard, as she was the only person who could have claimed on the job application Harvard used for staff hires. My supposition. If someone else could have done that for the staff directory.........

The truth is that most American families that have been here for a long time have Native American Indian somewhere in the past in their families.

I do. Like Warren it was a long family story that many generations back someone married a Cherokee woman. I never believed it until I took a DNA test. There it was. Just like Warren, a very small part of my DNA has Native American Indian. Just like the family story, it's very small which means it's many generations back.

And did you go secure yourself a cushy job by claiming to be a Native American?

Did she? Prove it, or be one more voice lying, posting a half-truth, a rumor, an innuendo and of course character assassination.
wow. the dems defended ford for about the very same thing you're now saying is something to NOT do.

Trump's turn.

Trump said he had more "Indian" blood than warren,. Take the Test.

Trump said he a genius. Take that IQ test.

This ideas that the fatassed orange POS keeps to make statements while demanding others prove theirs only works on the dumbass Trumpette crowd.

Wow, from 1/32 to 1/512th Native American.

Are you using the old Jim Crow rules of "one drop" to make her sound like she wasn't bullshitting about having a much more involved Native American heritage?
Poor widdle Martie, Cwying because Warren just proved Trump lied.

How could trump lie if he didn't have access to the data before she did?

And even if it's a lie, it's 1/32nd to 1/512th a lie.

which an expert said shows “strong evidence’’ :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

They never ever stop lying.

The test shows the following:

She possesses 12 times more Native American blood than a white person from Great Britain, the report found, and 10 times more than a white person from Utah.

So she has Native American DNA in her blood.

Which means she wasn't lying.

You do realize you are trying to convince willfully ignorant fools of something they have no interest in believing because they are willfully ignorant fools right?

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

All I'm doing is posting truths then watching the conservatives have melt downs, keep lying or come up with stupid excuses.

It's good for comic relief but sad to see so many Americans so full of hate and ignorance.

We saw lots of hate and ignorance during the Kavanaugh hearings. What we didn't see is people who check the box for Advantage without being qualified to do so. It's not the white Americans you have to worry about it will be the Indian Nation who will be standing at every campaign stop she makes with protest signs and now more than ever that she foolishly handed them the proof.

Jo
Oh? Why would the Indian Nation protest her now since she now has evidence of Natuve American Indian in her heritage?
If she tried to go to Indian reservation and tell them that she’s an Indian they would scalp the loopy kunt...

According to the same kind of DNA testing I am 0.2 % Jewish or about 1/512th Jewish.

I'm twice as Jewish as Warren is Indian.

Should I start walking around in a yarmulke?

Forum List

Back