Elizabeth Warren's latest tall tale. I was fired for being pregnant.

Video appears to contradict Warren's suggestion that school fired her over pregnancy

Unbelievable how this woman can take a benign situation and turn it on its head with bold faced lies and fabrications.

No real contradiction between those two statements. It was very common back in those days to fire women who got pregnant.

It still is very common for women to get fired when they get pregnant, Joe. Especially women in low wage jobs. If they get injured on the job, or something happens to the baby as a result of the work, they're in a legal position to sue.

In Canada, you cannot fire a pregnant worker. We had a case where our law firm hired a woman who was a useless. Slow, lazy, made lots of mistakes, and complained endlessly, so a total pain to be around. They were about to call her into HR and have "the talk" with her, when she happily announced she was pregnant. We were stuck with her until she went on maternity leave. They could only fire her AFTER she came back from mat leave.

I worked at a place where the women wasn’t very good and she got pregnant and they didn’t fire her. She came back after her leave, she stayed on for a few weeks and they let her go. I have never worked at a company that let a pregnant worker go.

In 1978 the United States passed the Pregnancy Act that does not allow employers to let women go for being pregnant. Don’t let that get in the way of your stories.

Well, I’m not ashamed of joining the guard at all. I joined when I was 17 on the split training/buddy program.
It was one of the best things I ever did, it got me off the fucking Indian reservation.
In those days I got paid $147 average per month and just under $600 for the weekend drill. We were going to be deployed on the first glut war but it was over almost as soon as it started so we did not get deployed.
I did my eight and started up my own business, Private mining and logging leases then got into selling firearms and ammo. Without the guard it would’ve been hard to get off the fucking Indian reservation because they don’t offer any education and such places. And the only recruiters that showed up to the reservation were the National Guard recruiter… I think everyone else was scared to show up. Lol

You did the buddy program? :21::21::21::21::21::21:

Our drill instructors just annihilated those on the buddy program. If one fucked up they both paid for all 3 months of boot camp!

True, But I was used to being treated like shit on the reservation so not much bothered me mentally.
Back then basic was 12 weeks long, I was at Fort Jackson South Carolina.
Drill instructors were all black and they acted like they never seen an Indian before, so I was singled out along with my “buddy”, The recruiter told us it would be like a 9-to-5 job in basic and we were given a $2000 signing bonus which that’s all I saw was $ signs.
Like I said it was one of the best things I ever did... looking back
/—-/ What was the buddy program? TIA

Princess Liawatha- I was visibly pregnant and the principle did what principles did in those days...
/—-/ My wife is a teacher and was visibly pregnant in 1975. She wasn’t fired, in fact she was asked to stay until the last possible minute.

Can’t be Joey B and Dragonlady said it happens all the time. Of course it never happens in Canada! :Rolleyes:

Those two make Warren look honest. Lol!

Video appears to contradict Warren's suggestion that school fired her over pregnancy

Unbelievable how this woman can take a benign situation and turn it on its head with bold faced lies and fabrications.
The funny thing is so many of the left fall for her lies.
Of course it does not take much intelligence to be a part of the left.

I don't think they all fall for her lies. A percentage of drooling fools do, yes. The rest make a decision to either ignore her lies or pretend they believe her in order to defend their skankass party of sloped heads and dragging knuckles.

I worked at a place where the women wasn’t very good and she got pregnant and they didn’t fire her. She came back after her leave, she stayed on for a few weeks and they let her go. I have never worked at a company that let a pregnant worker go.

In 1978 the United States passed the Pregnancy Act that does not allow employers to let women go for being pregnant. Don’t let that get in the way of your stories.

Again - at will employment.. They don't have to give you a reason.

Anyone can be fired at any time for no reason.

At the time Warren was teaching, most schools had a rule that pregnant women can't teach beyond the 5th month (or so).

You people are such dicks.

Right you are:

"10 Things That American Women Could Not Do Before the 1970s"
"1. Keep her job if she was pregnant.

Until the Pregnancy Discrimination Act in 1978, women could be fired from their workplace for being pregnant."

And right you are again, they're dicks. But at the same time they swallow....anything that Fox or Trump tells them.

You are telling me that a public school in New Jersey fired her because she was pregnant? I've never heard something so stupid in my life. In the past, before she had anything to gain by lying, she said she finished the year and decided against going back.

No real contradiction between those two statements. It was very common back in those days to fire women who got pregnant.

It still is very common for women to get fired when they get pregnant, Joe. Especially women in low wage jobs. If they get injured on the job, or something happens to the baby as a result of the work, they're in a legal position to sue.

In Canada, you cannot fire a pregnant worker. We had a case where our law firm hired a woman who was a useless. Slow, lazy, made lots of mistakes, and complained endlessly, so a total pain to be around. They were about to call her into HR and have "the talk" with her, when she happily announced she was pregnant. We were stuck with her until she went on maternity leave. They could only fire her AFTER she came back from mat leave.

You are a liar, foreign troll. Your lies are too pathetic to merit any other response.

Warren graduated from the Seinfeld/George Costanza University of Liars whose motto is: "It's not a lie if you believe it, Jerry."

Again - at will employment.. They don't have to give you a reason.

Anyone can be fired at any time for no reason.

Again, there are exceptions to the at will employment laws, pregnancy is one of them.

Again, there are exceptions to the at will employment laws, pregnancy is one of them.

I'm sure there is.

I'm also sure that they can come up with any excuse they want to get rid of someone...and it falls on the person to prove that they didn't fire them for being pregnant.

The whole system benefits employers, not workers. I mean, yeah, you can win a lawsuit, but unless the guy was dumb enough to whine about how unproductive pregnant chicks are, you will have a steep hill to climb.

I'm sure there is.

I'm also sure that they can come up with any excuse they want to get rid of someone...and it falls on the person to prove that they didn't fire them for being pregnant.

The whole system benefits employers, not workers. I mean, yeah, you can win a lawsuit, but unless the guy was dumb enough to whine about how unproductive pregnant chicks are, you will have a steep hill to climb.

I have known people that have won work discrimination lawsuits, one company was fined, which they should have been. Your narrow minded opinion is just that, narrow minded.

I have known people that have won work discrimination lawsuits, one company was fined, which they should have been. Your narrow minded opinion is just that, narrow minded.

One whole company was fined? How much was the fine?

Come on... this shit happens all the time, and you know it, because most companies know employees don't have the resources to sue.

One whole company was fined? How much was the fine?

Come on... this shit happens all the time, and you know it, because most companies know employees don't have the resources to sue.

That is the only incident I know of personally, and it didn’t cost the former employee anything.

The EEOC will conduct a free investigation, as will other agencies that deal with discrimination. When they are found the company violated any federal then attorneys will take your case on a contingency fee and the courts will make the company pay. There are also state laws that come into play and the state will also investigate. So there are tons of resources,

I'm sure there is.

Women cost to much. Standards have been reduced in many jobs. Taxpayers on the hook for social justice equality. What a crock! Come on lets have a national disaster. We are in decline. Whether through rising taxes or losing the competition war with East Asia. It will get here.

ahhhh, Biden and Bernie are now out of it, so it is Warren;s turn? :lol:

let's hear her response to the accusation before jumping on her, no? Both statements can be true... no?

I got fired because I was pregnant.
I decided to take a few years off.
Lol, you're delusional.

I (and 670 other employees world wide)was pink slipped at the corporation I worked for because their parent Company went in to chapter 11 bankruptcy, (restructuring bankruptcy) and had every intention to continue my career, which I loved doing...

but the company paid me severance for a year, full salary and health benefits, because of a NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT I signed with them, agreeing that I would not go and work for one of their competitors for a year...

Well, over the year of not working, I found that for the first time in my life, I actually enjoyed being a housewife/home maker.... which I had always been too busy to even think about being....

I woke up, and decided the money was not the most important thing in life and my husband agreed with me.... this was around 9/11 as well and we were feeling antsy, to get the hell out of dodge and the fast lane so to say.... and smell the roses.

Was I lying when I told everyone that I was going to go back to work and continue my career where I left off, a year earlier?

No, I was NOT lying then because I really wanted to get back to working again and loved the field I was in.... (and still love it and try to follow it with trade magazines)

but the circumstances and life itself, made me do a 180... I love the job no less than I did back when working, I just love being a home maker and wife more, and it was the right thing for us...

Never once in the 20 some years I did work in my field, did I ever ever ever ever ever, think that i would not be working in it, the rest of my life, till retirement age.

Liz could have loved teaching, took the special ed courses over the summer to get certified in it because she did like it and expected to be hired back for the next school year.... got pregnant, told the principle she was pregnant, and the principle did not hire her, due to it.... she was new and did not have the security of tenure, so it was easy for the principle not to hire her again for the next season, especially since she would have also had to find a substitute for the class for the time Liz was gone...

And Elizabeth decide when she stayed home with her first child without a job to go back to, that she was needed at home to take care of her baby for the first few years and could not afford daycare anyway? Or whatever, and changed her field to something else more lucrative.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Women cost to much. Standards have been reduced in many jobs. Taxpayers on the hook for social justice equality. What a crock! Come on lets have a national disaster. We are in decline. Whether through rising taxes or losing the competition war with East Asia. It will get here.

Guy, someone pays you a paycheck even though you are barely coherent most of the time.

That is the only incident I know of personally, and it didn’t cost the former employee anything.

The EEOC will conduct a free investigation, as will other agencies that deal with discrimination. When they are found the company violated any federal then attorneys will take your case on a contingency fee and the courts will make the company pay. There are also state laws that come into play and the state will also investigate. So there are tons of resources,

The EEOC? Really? So you are praising a government agency that is known for doing a lot of nothing.

Reality check- this shit happens all the time, and m ost people don't have the time or resources to fight it.

Forum List

Back