Emails show DOD analysts told to cut it out on ISIS warnings. Reports altered.

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
I think Obama has chosen to ignore the warnings on ISIS because it showed what a lame ass plan he had to deal with them. So, orders were given to tone down the assessments and make the threat seem smaller than it was. That way, Obama could brag that he was doing something and the damning reports were altered to hide the facts. Of course, the liberal media wouldn't bother to check facts no matter what Obama said.

"Analysts at U.S. Central Command were pressured to ease off negative assessments about the Islamic State threat and were even told in an email to "cut it out," Fox News has learned – as an investigation expands into whether intelligence reports were altered to present a more positive picture.

Fox News is told by a source close to the CENTCOM analysts that the pressure on them included at least two emails saying they needed to "cut it out" and "toe the line."

Separately, a former Pentagon official told Fox News there apparently was an attempt to destroy the communications. The Pentagon official said the email warnings were "not well received" by the analysts.

Those emails, among others, are now in the possession of the Pentagon inspector general. The IG’s probe is expanding into whether intelligence assessments were changed to give a more positive picture of the anti-ISIS campaign.

The former Pentagon official said there were "multiple assessments" from military intelligence and the CIA regarding the "rapid rise" of ISIS in Iraq and North Africa in the year leading up to the group’s territory grab in 2014.

Similar intelligence was included in the President’s Daily Brief, or PDB – the intelligence community’s most authoritative product -- during the same time period. Yet the official, who was part of the White House discussions, said the administration kept "kicking the can down the road." The official said there was no discussion of the military involvement needed to make a difference.

The IG probe started earlier this year amid complaints that information was changed to make ISIS look more degraded than it really was.

Among the complaints is that after the U.S. air campaign started in August 2014, the metrics to measure progress changed. They were modified to use measures such as the number of sorties and body counts -- a metric not used since the Vietnam War -- to paint a more positive picture."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/23/emails-show-dod-analysts-told-to-cut-it-out-on-isis-warnings-ig-probe-expands.html

I think Obama has chosen to ignore the warnings on ISIS because it showed what a lame ass plan he had to deal with them. So, orders were given to tone down the assessments and make the threat seem smaller than it was. That way, Obama could brag that he was doing something and the damning reports were altered to hide the facts. Of course, the liberal media wouldn't bother to check facts no matter what Obama said.

"Analysts at U.S. Central Command were pressured to ease off negative assessments about the Islamic State threat and were even told in an email to "cut it out," Fox News has learned – as an investigation expands into whether intelligence reports were altered to present a more positive picture.

Fox News is told by a source close to the CENTCOM analysts that the pressure on them included at least two emails saying they needed to "cut it out" and "toe the line."

Separately, a former Pentagon official told Fox News there apparently was an attempt to destroy the communications. The Pentagon official said the email warnings were "not well received" by the analysts.

Those emails, among others, are now in the possession of the Pentagon inspector general. The IG’s probe is expanding into whether intelligence assessments were changed to give a more positive picture of the anti-ISIS campaign.

The former Pentagon official said there were "multiple assessments" from military intelligence and the CIA regarding the "rapid rise" of ISIS in Iraq and North Africa in the year leading up to the group’s territory grab in 2014.

Similar intelligence was included in the President’s Daily Brief, or PDB – the intelligence community’s most authoritative product -- during the same time period. Yet the official, who was part of the White House discussions, said the administration kept "kicking the can down the road." The official said there was no discussion of the military involvement needed to make a difference.

The IG probe started earlier this year amid complaints that information was changed to make ISIS look more degraded than it really was.

Among the complaints is that after the U.S. air campaign started in August 2014, the metrics to measure progress changed. They were modified to use measures such as the number of sorties and body counts -- a metric not used since the Vietnam War -- to paint a more positive picture."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/23/emails-show-dod-analysts-told-to-cut-it-out-on-isis-warnings-ig-probe-expands.html

He ignores the warnings on ISIS because he is a sympathizer. There is no other explanation for his behavior.

He ignores the warnings on ISIS because he is a sympathizer. There is no other explanation for his behavior.
Of course Obozo is a terrorist sympathizer...

Don't forget how he and Hillary took steps to put the Muslim Brotherhood in charge in Egypt...

Unfortunately for them, Egypt had other ideas, and a lot of Muslim Brotherhood members (including Obozo's and Hillary's buddy Morsi) are currently under death sentences for terrorism...

That's a serious problem. Having intelligence altered is something that demands answers

We would think that after the Bush fiasco with MI this would be fixed.

It has not. High ranking officers need to be court martialed.

Of course Obozo is a terrorist sympathizer...

Don't forget how he and Hillary took steps to put the Muslim Brotherhood in charge in Egypt...

You mean letting them have "elections"? But I thought "elections' were supposed to be a good thing.
They DID serve one purpose...

They ended up putting Obozo's and Hillary's good buddy Morsi on death row for terrorism (and it was reported by some sources that Egypt actually considered terrorism charges against Hillary and Obama)...

They ended up putting Obozo's and Hillary's good buddy Morsi on death row for terrorism (and it was reported by some sources that Egypt actually considered terrorism charges against Hillary and Obama)...

The Egytian Military isn't going to be able to hold power forever, and when the rabble overthrow them, we are all going to miss Morsi.

Of course, we can do the incredibly sensible thing, and wash our hands of the whole region.

Failing that, I have a better plan. We create a draft where the children of the Rich, politicians and loud-mouths on Hate Radio are conscripted and put into an elite airborne unit that will be the first deployed to that region.

I betcha they won't be so keen for us to intervene in fights over how many Imams can dance on the head of a pin after that.

Context, bubs and bubbettes.

12279104_10153740235444085_5472268200500504023_n.jpg

That's a serious problem. Having intelligence altered is something that demands answers

Meh, a few things taken out of context by the flying monkey right is hardly altering intelligence.

If anything, we are going in to hysterics over ISIS, which just isn't that big of a deal.
Wow, since most Americans consider terrorism (and ISIS) to be a "big deal", I would like to thank you for demonstrating the fact that Democrats really don't care when terrorists kill innocent people (including AMERICANS)!!!

The Egytian Military isn't going to be able to hold power forever, and when the rabble overthrow them, we are all going to miss Morsi.

Of course, we can do the incredibly sensible thing, and wash our hands of the whole region.

Failing that, I have a better plan. We create a draft where the children of the Rich, politicians and loud-mouths on Hate Radio are conscripted and put into an elite airborne unit that will be the first deployed to that region.

I betcha they won't be so keen for us to intervene in fights over how many Imams can dance on the head of a pin after that.
I think we should draft all the Democrats...

Maybe then Obozo would think twice before he runs around starting illegal wars, like the ones against Gaddafi and Assad!!!!

I think we should draft all the Democrats...

Maybe then Obozo would think twice before he runs around starting illegal wars, like the ones against Gaddafi and Assad!!!!
And Republicans for starting wars like Iraq.

Like I said, you don't do context.

Wow, since most Americans consider terrorism (and ISIS) to be a "big deal", I would like to thank you for demonstrating the fact that Democrats really don't care when terrorists kill innocent people (including AMERICANS)!!!

again, ISIS killed all of FOUR Americans last year. Most of whom stupidly went to Syria and got captured.

Meanwhile, 30,000 Americans were killed with guns.

I think you guys are pissing yourselves over the wrong things.

Forum List

Back