Employee tries to stop theft, gets the boot

Yep, that is the policy. An employees life is worth more than the TV.

I don't think that's the point. When you do nothing it only encourages more of it. I'm not saying what the employee did was right by breaking company policy, but where has giving into the criminal gotten us?

At one time police chases were rare. Police would stop at nothing to catch the bad guy, even blocking roads with squad cars. As innocents started to get hurt, police had regulations on police chases. It finally got to the point where if the criminal drives fast enough, police will call off the chase. Now police chases go on all the time. I bet in my suburb alone we have three to four a week. Why? Because if the criminal drives fast enough, the police turn off their lights and let them go.

We all pay for theft one way or another. I really miss my local Walmart because they got huge discounts from insulin makers, sometimes a third of the price of other pharmacies. But they had to close due to theft. Now I have to drive across town to get to the nearest one. Look at what happened in San Francisco when they reduced shoplifting up to $1,000 a misdemeanor. All the Walgreens had to close.

Forum List

Back