Enter the Age of Censorship, FCC circumvents Congress to classify internet as Public Utility

The ease with which the pro net neutrality people have just slipped from the FCC regulating net neutrality to the FCC regulating the internet like it does power companies is very revealing, and serves to confirm everyone else's worst fears.
Guys like you love confirmation of your worst fears no matter how misguided and false they are. There is nothing to fear here except the cable companies winning the legal right to drive smaller competitors out of business.
Show me where I am wrong. Several people are now openly admitting they want the government to regulate the internet.

This is EXACTLY what was predicted by opponents. "Net neutrality" is a classic Trojan horse.

And you obviously don't know me well. I am not exactly known for looking for confirmation of fears. :badgrin:

The ease with which the pro net neutrality people have just slipped from the FCC regulating net neutrality to the FCC regulating the internet like it does power companies is very revealing, and serves to confirm everyone else's worst fears.
Guys like you love confirmation of your worst fears no matter how misguided and false they are. There is nothing to fear here except the cable companies winning the legal right to drive smaller competitors out of business.
Show me where I am wrong. Several people are now openly admitting they want the government to regulate the internet.

This is EXACTLY what was predicted by opponents. "Net neutrality" is a classic Trojan horse.

And you obviously don't know me well. I am not exactly known for looking for confirmation of fears. :badgrin:

We want the government to regulate ACCESS to the internet. As in ...making sure EVERYONE HAS ACCESS.

Nobody is advocating regulating content. Nobody except tight assed conservatives, that is.

Why don't you wait and see exactly what the FCC intends to do before you have a stroke or something? Watch the computer nerds instead of the pundits, if they get upset then you should get upset.

Why don't you wait and see exactly what the FCC intends to do before you have a stroke or something? Watch the computer nerds instead of the pundits, if they get upset then you should get upset.

Exactly. My youngest son is a computer nerd. He lives online. When he bitches.....I will let you know.

Wait and see what the government will do?

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Holy shit!

We want the government to regulate ACCESS to the internet. As in ...making sure EVERYONE HAS ACCESS.

Nobody is advocating regulating content. Nobody except tight assed conservatives, that is.

making sure EVERYONE HAS ACCESS.

so one needs three hundred and fifty some pages not viewed by the public

to do that

Right now everyone does have access to the internet if they want it. Who does not have it?
If you want free wireless go to Starbucks or McDonalds

All the computer nerds were behind net neutrality, even the conservative ones. The internet is having a massive party today.

The drink of choice?

gop_tears.jpg

Right now everyone does have access to the internet if they want it.

Not true.

But you digress. The reason you think you can say that.....is because the internet has always been regulated to keep your fucking provider from giving you the shaft. Thanks to what was done today...if it holds....that will always be the case.

Can anyone name a public utility where they live where more than one company offers the service?

Anyone?

Congressional Review Act

it is on its way

Can anyone name a public utility where they live where more than one company offers the service?

Anyone?

it is not really a utility

but at least two cable companies provide service

in a town around here

midco and wow

there are several internet providers in the area

Avoiding the We the People (via Congress) Obama's FCC classifies the internet as a public utility, a trojan horse for unrestrained censorship against "hate speech."

It passed just this hour in a 3-2 vote.

Good to know that chief lobbyist for the bill was appointed by Obama (and funded by George Soros) to lead the new regulations.

And since it was a rule or regulation promulgated by an Administrative agency, it is interesting that they didn't even try to comply with the Administrative Procedures Act REQUIREMENT of a public comment period.

If the Courts of Law still place value on the actual LAW, I wonder how long before this improper FCC action gets voided?

Not true.

But you digress. The reason you think you can say that.....is because the internet has always been regulated to keep your fucking provider from giving you the shaft. Thanks to what was done today...if it holds....that will always be the case.

Not so fast Slick, You say the internet has always been regulated to keep your fucking provider from giving you the shaft.
So why do we need new regulation now? Were the old regs about to expire or was it a power play by the FCC for control of the net.
Something they tried and failed at before?

Congressional Review Act

it is on its way

Anyone?

it is not really a utility

but at least two cable companies provide service

in a town around here

midco and wow

there are several internet providers in the area
Cable TV is not a public utility.

Internet providers are not public utilities. Before today.

Anyone?

Doesn't matter.

We all get clean water, reliable gas and/ or electricity, 24 hour telephone service, garbage picked up regularly and now.......unfucked internet access. All of that comes with being a contributor to the commons.

If the service is lacking or too expensive....the people can VOTE to make changes. It is as it should be.

The basic concept of net neutrality is of great benefit to all.

It's all the crap that's hanging off it like so many obscene Christmas Tree ornaments that's the problem. The provisions that will make the internet more expensive at every level and that's not just in terms of fees and taxes.

Not true.

Not so fast Slick, You say the internet has always been regulated to keep your fucking provider from giving you the shaft.
So why do we need new regulation now? Were the old regs about to expire or was it a power play by the FCC for control of the net.
Something they tried and failed at before?

New technology was developed that enabled providers to fuck us more easily. It has been dealt with. Thanks Obama

Forum List

Back