Epoch Times - 80% Of Americans Aged 17 to 24 Are Unfit For Military Service. And 55 Year Old AR-15 Fetishists Are Our Defense Against Tyranny?

The5thHorseman

Here is another link I have given you multiple times over the years. A semi auto is not an assault rifle by DOD definitio.

By DOD and the US Army semi automatics are not assault weapons.

The U.S. Army defines assault rifles as "short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachine gun and rifle cartridges."[18] In this strict definition, a firearm must have at least the following characteristics to be considered an assault rifle:[2][3][4]

Rifles that meet most of these criteria, but not all, are not assault riflesaccording to the U.S. Army's definition. For example:

• Select-fire M2 Carbines are not assault rifles; their effective range is only 180 metres (200 yd).[19]
  • Select-fire rifles such as the Fedorov Avtomat, FN FAL, M14, and H&K G3 main battle rifles are not assault rifles; they fire full-powered rifle cartridges.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles like the Colt AR-15 are not assault rifles; they do not have select-fire capabilities.
  • Semi-automatic-only rifles with fixed magazines like the SKS are not assault rifles; they do not have detachable box magazines and are not capable of automatic fire
Irrelevant
That is how it is marketed. And they do not have a weapon with the name AR 15. A style maybe.
Enough, Tiny..

They MAKE them.

But I appreciate you acknowledging that they are sold to the unmanly on the basis of looks.

Game, Set, Match.

Almost 80 Percent of Americans Aged 17 to 24 Unfit for Military Service

no, seriously...

if these Spartans want to march around compensating, they should be obliged to pass a grueling fitness test, before being sold a weapon designed for combat.

Oh noes!!! That only leaves 68,000,000 who are!!!!

U.S. involvement in WWII grew to be about 16,000,000 military personnel by the war’s end: approximately 11,200,000 in the Army, 4,200,000 in the Navy, and 660,000 in the Marine Corps. On 1 July 1939, however, the strength of the active Army was approximately 174,000—three quarters of whom were scattered throughout the continental United States; the rest stationed overseas.

The Regular Army was supplemented by the National Guard, which had just 200,000 men. The Guard organization had only come into being in 1933. An Organized Reserve, which existed for the purpose of supporting mobilization, contained a pool of over 100,000 trained officers, mainly graduates of the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps.

I won't lose any sleep over it.

Daniel Defense posted social media ads showing its AR-15 with a helmeted soldier in a war zone under “USE WHAT THEY USE.”

Holy hell, talk about being ignorant.

That is an ad that is selling their rail mount system. Not a gun itself, an accessory for a gun. It is obvious to see how some people are triggered by pictures, and are unable to actually see past whatever it is that triggered them.

That is what that advertisement was about, a rail mount. Not a gun itself.

And I have absolutely no idea what any of this has to do with the topic.

Holy hell, talk about being ignorant.

That is an ad that is selling their rail mount system. Not a gun itself, an accessory for a gun. It is obvious to see how some people are triggered by pictures, and are unable to actually see past whatever it is that triggered them.

That is what that advertisement was about, a rail mount. Not a gun itself.

And I have absolutely no idea what any of this has to do with the topic.
Neat coincidence..

The part just happens to fit both m16s AND an entirely unrelated civilian sporting something.

So what? It still proves your claim was wrong, and they were not selling a gun.

Which still has nothing to do with the topic.

The "argument" is that the AR-15/M16 represents ONE design.

The "civilian" version is an M16, modified so as not to be a machine gun under ATF regulations.

This is a diversion from the point of the thread - specifically the risible "rationalizations" offered by ammosexuals for its promiscuous distribution.

Irrelevant

Enough, Tiny..

They MAKE them.

But I appreciate you acknowledging that they are sold to the unmanly on the basis of looks.

Game, Set, Match.
There is only one company that makes the AR 15. And te one you posted ain’t it.

Plus, the Colt AR 15 is not designed for the battlefield.

Nope. You have never won the argument. The Colt AR Sporter was designed for the battlefield. And since 1977 or so all the other companies making semi automatic AR style weapons have not designed them for the battlefield.
You have offered nothing but assertions....with which to impugn your own citations...

Lol! I have given you link after link over the years. Pity you didn’t understand them.

You have provided close to nothing but assertion, lie, reframe and diversion time voter time.
No...I've used your citations.

The ones to which you refer, but won't cite.

Forum List

Back