Erasing Southern Pride: U.S. Army War College Removing Confederate Generals Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already told him this I don't know how many times now. There were a few who did fight...something like a few hundred. Maybe as much as 500. Tops/ BigReb here thinks in was upwards of 80,000. lol

There is no getting through illogic like that.

He calls himself a "historian" but what he does is play dress-up and perpetuate falsehoods in a confederate uniform with a head too tiny for his dime-store grays parading around as a "bigreb" at Lost Cause graveyards and messageboards.

Yes, plenty of slaves served in the CW. They served as teamsters, cooks. laborers, personal body servants, etc as slaves. Not as armed soldiers.

He needs to let this nugget to sink in:

It was illegal for blacks, slave and free, to own a gun in all the confederate states.

Were there some? Yes. But not man, not many at all.

His bullsheet about the Mexican/Texas war and rev war is just a way to divert, distract and play monkey games so he can jump all around blazing history in some roller coaster history of time and a way to *squirrel!!* look over there/

He also keeps riffing on the "black Confederate soldiers" as a way to assuage guilt over a war that was fought to own human beings to imagine those same human beings, not allowed citizenship or representation, would fight to the death to remain enslaved.

Still waiting internet historian
While you're at it why don't you address this?
Are you going to run away again?
Blacks fighting for the south?
blacks fighting for the republic of Texas war with Mexico non slave holding country
Blacks fighting for the colonies war with England promised slaves they would be granted freedom if they fought for the crown

And those confederate Black POWS why imprison them if they are considered slaves, teamsters, cooks musicians? Why didn't them classify them as contraband.

You said it was illegal for black to own guns, but then you contradict yourself? It either is illegal or it wasn't illegal.

1st-louisiana-native-guard.jpg

That was a photo op by the Confederacy. You got fooled too I see.

Black Union Soldiers - Louisiana Native Guard - Photo Falsification

You thought they had photo op back then? :cuckoo:
What you see is black in the south with guns that they supplied.
It discredits paperslit claim that blacks couldn't own guns.

Still waiting internet historian
While you're at it why don't you address this?
Are you going to run away again?
Blacks fighting for the south?
blacks fighting for the republic of Texas war with Mexico non slave holding country
Blacks fighting for the colonies war with England promised slaves they would be granted freedom if they fought for the crown

And those confederate Black POWS why imprison them if they are considered slaves, teamsters, cooks musicians? Why didn't them classify them as contraband.

You said it was illegal for black to own guns, but then you contradict yourself? It either is illegal or it wasn't illegal.

1st-louisiana-native-guard.jpg

No it only proves you were fooled. Those soldiers are actually Union solders. Read the link i posted. Here is the actual photo. Is the white guy confederate or union?

fig3.jpg

Last edited:
You have admitted that you have no formal education in the subject. Playing LARPER does not make one an historian. It just makes you look ridiculous.

Yes I am an historian I am the best their [sic] is without that puffy pedigree piece of paper.

:rolleyes:

No, what you are is an overgrown child playing dress-up. That does NOT make you an historian, it makes you an embarrassment. You should work on your basic English before pretending to be an historian.

Maybe you should work on your basic English?

No it only proves you were fooled. Those soldiers are actually Union solders. Read the link i posted.

Once again if you could comprehend what I said
They are blacks in the south that owned guns

The Native Guard enlisted it's service to the Confederacy but the offer was rejected, They weren't union until after the capture of New Orleans. May 2, 1861–February 15, 1862

No it only proves you were fooled. Those soldiers are actually Union solders. Read the link i posted.

The Native Guard enlisted it's service to the Confederacy but the offer was rejected, They weren't union until after the capture of New Orleans. May 2, 1861–February 15, 1862

Maybe you don't understand the implications of the article. That was not the Louisiana Guard in the photo. Those were Union soldiers in Philly. Try harder to understand.

No it only proves you were fooled. Those soldiers are actually Union solders. Read the link i posted. Here is the actual photo. Is the white guy confederate or union?

fig3.jpg
In 1861 Confederate soldiers also wore union blue, and some union soldiers wore cadet gray. The native guard disbanded in 1862

Maybe you don't understand the implications of the article. That was not the Louisiana Guard in the photo. Those were Union soldiers in Philly. Try harder to understand.
Native guard May 2, 1861–February 15, 1862

Oh gawd. Too-stupid-to-breath is bringing up the Louisiana Guard again.

:rolleyes:

Holymoly what a train wreck dress-up boy is.

fig3.jpg
In 1861 Confederate soldiers also wore union blue, and some union soldiers wore cadet gray. The native guard disbanded in 1862

So you expect everyone to believe Confederate soldiers dressed up in Union uniforms to represent the south? :lol: Its proven the original photo are Union soldiers in Philly, What are you not understanding about this?

fig3.jpg

So you expect everyone to believe Confederate soldiers dressed up in Union uniforms to represent the south? :lol: Its proven the original photo are Union soldiers in Philly, What are you not understanding about this?
There actually was a Confederate Louisiana Guard, but they never saw service, and it was part of the Confederate PR campaign.

Then what bigreb doesn't tell you was they were disbanded because the confeds had no use for them outside of the PR campaign, AND the Louisiana State Legislature passed a law in Jan. 1862 reorganizing the militia into only “...free white males capable of bearing arms… ”

You can see the law here: Official copy of the militia law of Louisiana, adopted by the state legislature, Jan. 23, 1862

There actually was a Confederate Louisiana Guard, but they never saw service, and it was part of the Confederate PR campaign.

Then what bigreb doesn't tell you was they were disbanded because the confeds had no use for them outside of the PR campaign, AND the Louisiana State Legislature passed a law in Jan. 1862 reorganizing the militia into only “...free white males capable of bearing arms… ”

You can see the law here: Official copy of the militia law of Louisiana, adopted by the state legislature, Jan. 23, 1862

I know there was a Louisiana Guard I was just calling him out on posting an altered photo and trying to use it as proof. I have no doubt some ignorant Black people actually wanted to fight for the south. I just know it was no where near the number the Confederate claimed. They dont even know their own numbers due to the amount of records lost or purposely destroyed to avoid prosecution from the Union.

fig3.jpg

Hell even the flags looked alike during the early part of the war.
Some Union soldiers wore gray blue
There wasn't any standard color at the beginning of the war
Both the north and south had Zouave
The 1st Louisiana Zouaves Battalion, "Coppens Zouaves," at Pensacola, Florida, ca. 1861
american_coppenszouaves1861.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Louisiana_Native_Guard_(CSA)

The South did not use this Confederate Native Guard regiment in any military action, and failed to provide it with uniforms or arms. Most of the men in the unit used their own resources to obtain weapons and uniforms which were displayed in a parade in New Orleans on January 8, 1862.[3] It was largely considered part of the Confederacy's "public relations" campaign

The Louisiana State Legislature passed a law in January 1862 that reorganized the militia into only “...free white males capable of bearing arms… ”.[4] The 1st Louisiana Native Guard was affected by this law. It was forced to disband on February 15, 1862, when the new law took effect. "Their demise was only temporary, however, for Governor Moore reinstated the Native Guards on March 24 after the Federal navy under Admiral David G. Farragut entered the Mississippi River." [5] As the regular Confederate forces under Major General Mansfield Lovell abandoned New Orleans, the Native Guard were left to fend for themselves. The Native Guard were again, and in finality, ordered to disband by General John L. Lewis, of the Louisiana Militia, on April 29, 1862

Last edited:

The 1st Louisiana Zouaves Battalion, "Coppens Zouaves," at Pensacola, Florida, ca. 1861

You may want to concede your point. The facts are you have nothing. Those are white guys in the photo not Black. :lol:

Zuavi%20di%20Coppens.jpg

Last edited:

Actually if you read what I said, I did say they were disbanded. Also even though the Confederate government disallowed black troops it did not stop some states from allowing blacks to serve.

fig3.jpg

You may want to concede your point. The facts are you have nothing. Those are white guys in the photo not Black. :lol:
Google Zouaves

Google Zouaves

I did.

http://philazou.home.mindspring.com/page7.html

Last edited:

I know there was a Louisiana Guard I was just calling him out on posting an altered photo and trying to use it as proof. I have no doubt some ignorant Black people actually wanted to fight for the south. I just know it was no where near the number the Confederate claimed. They dont even know their own numbers due to the amount of records lost or purposely destroyed to avoid prosecution from the Union.
Yup Like a said, a few hundred.

BigDressUp should Embrace the glory.

Some numbnuts fought for a war whose base cause would insure the bondage of millions of their black brothers, sisters and children.

yankee doodle do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back