Erasing Southern Pride: U.S. Army War College Removing Confederate Generals Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!
While you're at it why don't you address this?
Are you going to run away again?
Blacks fighting for the south?
blacks fighting for the republic of Texas war with Mexico non slave holding country
Blacks fighting for the colonies war with England promised slaves they would be granted freedom if they fought for the crown
OH and NO YOU HAVEN'T.

And she never will. Her claim to being a genuine historian is disproven by her reliance and copy and paste!
What she doesn't comprehend is that I have actually done the research, read a few letters from soldiers to the loved ones back home North and South.

Yeah, same here. I once worked in a 'special collections' library full of primary sources of that era. Never is slavery mentioned in any of the twentyish or so journals I read as cause to fight the war. Every time they talk about Lincolns invasion of the South.

Your emotional rant only works if I am a Liberal which I am not. Face it they were traitors. They started a war just so they could keep people enslaved. Going against your country because you are too lazy to pick your own cotton is the very definition of being a traitor. I wish I could piss on that confederate flag again like I did down in Georgia. I think I am going to order one via the internet just to do it.

They swore oaths of loyalty to their states all their lives, not to the US, dumbshit, so they never betrayed anything.

Why do you stupid ***** think you can just make up lies and go with it?

Does it really work so well on your fellow libtards? Seems to.

The states were part of the union even if you are correct they never swore allegiance to this country. You don't get to separate the two. Didn't you learn that the first time the south lost the war? How many times must the south get their asses kicked before they realize they lost? Give it a rest.

At the time they separated the two.

Who the hell are you to say they couldn't? Judgmental little ass hole.

They swore oaths of loyalty to their states all their lives, not to the US, dumbshit, so they never betrayed anything.

Why do you stupid ***** think you can just make up lies and go with it?

Does it really work so well on your fellow libtards? Seems to.

The states were part of the union even if you are correct they never swore allegiance to this country. You don't get to separate the two. Didn't you learn that the first time the south lost the war? How many times must the south get their asses kicked before they realize they lost? Give it a rest.

They werent allowed to do that. Thats why they got their asses kicked. I'm Asclepias and I approve of the ass kicking. If the south gets out of line again I will be there to enforce it....again Thats who I am.

Paperview I have a question for you, historian to historian.
If black's did not fight for the south as soldiers why did the north have so many blacks as prisoners of war, and not contraband as they called those slaves who were freed?

Heres an example Robert Marshall Kentucky 8th Cavalry imprisoned at Camp Douglas

No one has ever said blacks did not fight on the side of the South. A few did among the 2,000,000 Southerners who picked up weapons in treason against their nation.

?Corner Stone? Speech | Teaching American History

The vice-president of the CSA said clearly that slavery was the primary cause of the war and that the assumption of the equality of races was error.

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the “rock upon which the old Union would split.” He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the “storm came and the wind blew.”

And she never will. Her claim to being a genuine historian is disproven by her reliance and copy and paste!
What she doesn't comprehend is that I have actually done the research, read a few letters from soldiers to the loved ones back home North and South.

Yeah, same here. I once worked in a 'special collections' library full of primary sources of that era. Never is slavery mentioned in any of the twentyish or so journals I read as cause to fight the war. Every time they talk about Lincolns invasion of the South.
lol. The Daughters of the daughters of the Confederacy doesn't count.

I have in my archives and have passed through my hands more original documents and letters than you or the reb there could ever hope to see or touch.

Most of my knowledge and perspective comes from touching, owning, archiving, transcribing and researching literally thousands and thousands of pieces of original Civil War history - letters, diaries, journals and documents, some of which are now residing in museums and Historical Societies. A few in the National Archives and Library of Congress. They made their way there because of me. Books have been written based on some of my original archives.

I also spend a great time reading the original source pamphlets, magazines, newspapers and books, written AT THE TIME OF THE WAR. Most all of my material is original source material. And yes, slavery is a topic in many of them.

I have had original documents and letters of nearly every President and most Founders pass through my hands; works signed by confederate generals, union generals; letters, diaries, journals of the common folk, north and south, all the way down to the lowly private - by the thousands - all giving me what I think is a rather unique perspective.

History is not just a hobby for me, it is literally my life. I eat, drink, live and breath it. Every day. Original works. It sometimes literally gives me shivers how close I am to the actual human that wrote this or that piece 150 or 250 years ago.
I live a truly blessed existence.

They werent allowed to do that. Thats why they got their asses kicked. I'm Asclepias and I approve of the ass kicking. If the south gets out of line again I will be there to enforce it....again Thats who I am.
Tough guy on the interweb.
All I can say is this, if any any time you feel froggy jump on down here

I know thats all you can say. Youre safe behind a keyboard.

bigreb is a simple boob, not dangerous to anyone, on the board or in life.

I know thats all you can say. Youre safe behind a keyboard.

The same goes for you, I invited you to come down here and show us you mean business

All this North vs South residual rivalry is the result of excess testasterone.

I suggest you both buy yourselves tickets to Bangkok for Christmas. A week there and niether one will care, or possibly even recall, that there is a USA much less what borders it had 150 years ago.

I have in my archives and have passed through my hands more original documents and letters than you or the reb there could ever hope to see or touch.

Most of my knowledge and perspective comes from touching, owning, archiving, transcribing and researching literally thousands and thousands of pieces of original Civil War history - letters, diaries, journals and documents, some of which are now residing in museums and Historical Societies. A few in the National Archives and Library of Congress. They made their way there because of me. Books have been written based on some of my original archives.

I also spend a great time reading the original source pamphlets, magazines, newspapers and books, written AT THE TIME OF THE WAR. Most all of my material is original source material. And yes, slavery is a topic in many of them.

I have had original documents and letters of nearly every President and most Founders pass through my hands; works signed by confederate generals, union generals; letters, diaries, journals of the common folk, north and south, all the way down to the lowly private - by the thousands - all giving me what I think is a rather unique perspective.

History is not just a hobby for me, it is literally my life. I eat, drink, live and breath it. Every day. Original works. It sometimes literally gives me shivers how close I am to the actual human that wrote this or that piece 150 or 250 years ago.

I would love to find out where you work, I would report you to your employer about your political views. I wonder how many "historians" have the liberal bias that you have. You are the type of person that would misplace or documents, delete words that would not support your view.

No one has ever said blacks did not fight on the side of the South. A few did among the 2,000,000 Southerners who picked up weapons in treason against their nation.

The vice-president of the CSA said clearly that slavery was the primary cause of the war and that the assumption of the equality of races was error.

But not to be tedious in enumerating the numerous changes for the better, allow me to allude to one other though last, not least. The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the “rock upon which the old Union would split.” He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the “storm came and the wind blew.”
I've already told him this I don't know how many times now. There were a few who did fight...something like a few hundred. Maybe as much as 500. Tops/ BigReb here thinks in was upwards of 80,000. lol

There is no getting through illogic like that.

He calls himself a "historian" but what he does is play dress-up and perpetuate falsehoods in a confederate uniform with a head too tiny for his dime-store grays parading around as a "bigreb" at Lost Cause graveyards and messageboards.

Yes, plenty of slaves served in the CW. They served as teamsters, cooks. laborers, personal body servants, etc as slaves. Not as armed soldiers.

He needs to let this nugget to sink in:

It was illegal for blacks, slave and free, to own a gun in all the confederate states.

Were there some? Yes. But not man, not many at all.

His bullsheet about the Mexican/Texas war and rev war is just a way to divert, distract and play monkey games so he can jump all around blazing history in some roller coaster history of time and a way to *squirrel!!* look over there/

He also keeps riffing on the "black Confederate soldiers" as a way to assuage guilt over a war that was fought to own human beings to imagine those same human beings, not allowed citizenship or representation, would fight to the death to remain enslaved.

I would love to find out where you work, I would report you to your employer about your political views. I wonder how many "historians" have the liberal bias that you have. You are the type of person that would misplace or documents, delete words that would not support your view.

Where is the liberal bias when it is the veep of the CSA that says African slavery is the immediate cause of the war?

The bias is yours, bigrebnc, of the Sons of the South nutter far right reactionary TeaP nonsense.

bigrebnc would suppress all dissent if you could.

I've already told him this I don't know how many times now. There were a few who did fight...something like a few hundred. Maybe as much as 500. Tops/ BigReb here thinks in was upwards of 80,000. lol

There is no getting through illogic like that.

He calls himself a "historian" but what he does is play dress-up and perpetuate falsehoods in a confederate uniform with a head too tiny for his dime-store grays parading around as a "bigreb" at Lost Cause graveyards and messageboards.

Yes, plenty of slaves served in the CW. They served as teamsters, cooks. laborers, personal body servants, etc as slaves. Not as armed soldiers.

He needs to let this nugget to sink in:

It was illegal for blacks, slave and free, to own a gun in all the confederate states.

Were there some? Yes. But not man, not many at all.

His bullsheet about the Mexican/Texas war and rev war is just a way to divert, distract and play monkey games so he can jump all around blazing history in some roller coaster history of time and a way to *squirrel!!* look over there/

He also keeps riffing on the "black Confederate soldiers" as a way to assuage guilt over a war that was fought to own human beings to imagine those same human beings, not allowed citizenship or representation, would fight to the death to remain enslaved.

They delude themselves with this lie so they can rationalize being traitors and cowards. Its the same mentality that caused the clown from that duck show to basically claim Blacks were happy being oppressed.

:rofl: :rofl:

Better be careful man. This one ^^^ is going to tattle on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back