Erasing Southern Pride: U.S. Army War College Removing Confederate Generals Portraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to concede your point. The facts are you have nothing. Those are white guys in the photo not Black. :lol:

Zuavi%20di%20Coppens.jpg

I wasn't trying to show black men, I was showing southern men in union blue shell jackets and Zouave red baggy trousers

Yup, you got caught again.
Stupid if you would look at what I was doing
IDENTIFYING THE COLOR OF THE UNIFORM you really would not look so fucking stupid.

There actually was a Confederate Louisiana Guard, but they never saw service, and it was part of the Confederate PR campaign.

Then what bigreb doesn't tell you was they were disbanded because the confeds had no use for them outside of the PR campaign, AND the Louisiana State Legislature passed a law in Jan. 1862 reorganizing the militia into only “...free white males capable of bearing arms… ”

You can see the law here: Official copy of the militia law of Louisiana, adopted by the state legislature, Jan. 23, 1862

Native guard was black men in the south bearing arms something you said no black man could do in the south.
So what is your point?

That a handful of blacks served for the South for a few months?
That this proves that blacks supported the cause?
That blacks played a significant role in the southern forces?

You have been beating a dead horse....so what is your point?
You've been beating your meat way to much, the only one who should realize the point I was making was the one who lied and said no black man in the south could have a gun.
Fact is the native guard were black men in the south that had guns and artillery

Yup Like a said, a few hundred.

BigDressUp should Embrace the glory.

Some numbnuts fought for a war whose base cause would insure the bondage of millions of their black brothers, sisters and children.

yankee doodle do.

I asked you a question earlier. If blacks did not fight for the south when captured why were they treated as POWS, and not contraband like slaves were treated as? Why imprison them? Why not let them go after all they were slaves?

Many contraband were sequestered during the war. What do with the slaves who had happy feet was an ongoing problem.

Both paperview and Ascelpias make you look ignorant about this issue.

Stop it were talking about black Confederate POWS not contraband slaves. You make yourself look stupid, I don't have to do anything.

That was a photo op by the Confederacy. You got fooled too I see.

Black Union Soldiers - Louisiana Native Guard - Photo Falsification

You thought they had photo op back then? :cuckoo:
What you see is black in the south with guns that they supplied.
It discredits paperslit claim that blacks couldn't own guns.

They were a historic creole militia unit. Free blacks could own guns under certain circumstances. These weapons for the three regiments were supplied by the state.

Of 2,000,000 Confederate soldiers may 1 in a thousand were considered "black".

No one has accurate estimates, but the numbers were very, very small.
Thanks for showing paperclips fail.

It should also be remembered that many southerners living in rebel-held territory remained loyal to the Union. Some left their native region when the war began, but others stayed and found ways to support the Union. With the exception of South Carolina, entire regiments were formed in every Confederate state to fight for the Union. In all, more than 100,000 men from southern states fought against the Confederacy during the war.

Many of these were Irish and German immigrants who had little use for slavery and less use for the arrogant, entitled plantation-owner class.

Native guard was black men in the south bearing arms something you said no black man could do in the south.
So what is your point?

You've been beating your meat way to much, the only one who should realize the point I was making was the one who lied and said no black man in the south could have a gun.
Fact is the native guard were black men in the south that had guns and artillery

Yet all you have provided is a group of 1000 who served for five months at the beggining of the war and never saw action

So what is the point you have been trying to make about black soldiers in the south?

Yup, you got caught again.
IDENTIFYING THE COLOR OF THE UNIFORM you really would not look so fucking stupid.

Yeah right. You were trying to prove they were Black dumbass and got busted. :lol:

Dumbass you were the one who said confederate soldiers did not wear union blue. I used the pic to show you confederate soldiers wearing union blue. No where in that reply was I talking about blacks, but you knew that. I LOVE MAKING DUMB ASS BITCHES FEEL DUMB.

So what is your point?

Yet all you have provided is a group of 1000 who served for five months at the beggining of the war and never saw action

So what is the point you have been trying to make about black soldiers in the south?
Talk to paperclip she said blacks could not own guns she said it several times. It was an untrue statement and for some who claims to be a historian a very big mistake.

Yeah right. You were trying to prove they were Black dumbass and got busted. :lol:

Dumbass you were the one who said confederate soldiers did not wear union blue. I used the pic to show you confederate soldiers wearing union blue. No where in that reply was I talking about blacks, but you knew that. I LOVE MAKING DUMB ASS BITCHES FEEL DUMB.

Dont get stressed out and start typing in all caps. Use intellect not your emotions. You used a hacked photo to say the Louisiana Guard were Black. You got busted then tried to say the uniforms were because they didnt care which uniform they wore. You still did not get the point that the people in the photo were Union soldiers and the photo was taken in Philly and was not the Louisiana Guard. Then you posted another photo trying to prove your point and got busted again. How many times do you have to be called out before admitting you got fooled?

Talk to paperclip she said blacks could not own guns she said it several times. It was an untrue statement and for some who claims to be a historian a very big mistake.
Is that your only point? That a tiny percent of blacks were allowed in uniform? There were four million slaves who could have been armed. Why weren't they? They could have saved the south

Dont get stressed out and start typing in all caps. Use intellect not your emotions. You used a hacked photo to say the Louisiana Guard were Black. You got busted then tried to say the uniforms were because they didnt care which uniform they wore. You still did not get the point that the people in the photo were Union soldiers and the photo was taken in Philly and was not the Louisiana Guard. Then you posted another photo trying to prove your point and got busted again. How many times do you have to be called out before admitting you got fooled?

I didn't use a hack photo? who said it was? Someone like paperclip? And before you go stone cold stupid I did not say paperclip said it but someone like her who says they are a historian but would misinform people.

Is that your only point? That a tiny percent of blacks were allowed in uniform? There were four million slaves who could have been armed. Why weren't they? They could have saved the south

If I made a misstatement like that you would be all over me about it why not with paperclip?

It should also be remembered that many southerners living in rebel-held territory remained loyal to the Union. Some left their native region when the war began, but others stayed and found ways to support the Union. With the exception of South Carolina, entire regiments were formed in every Confederate state to fight for the Union. In all, more than 100,000 men from southern states fought against the Confederacy during the war.

Many of these were Irish and German immigrants who had little use for slavery and less use for the arrogant, entitled plantation-owner class.

OH the Irish? If you had any concept of the Irish disdain for blacks you wouldn't have mentioned them. They hated blacks.
Look up the New York riots of 1863.

If I made a misstatement like that you would be all over me about it why not with paperclip?

She made a statement about blacks serving in the south. And yes, there were strict laws about arming slaves
As a counter, you provided evidence of a unit of free blacks who existed for a few months and were quickly disbanded

What did you disprove about the South arming slaves and letting them fight?

She made a statement about blacks serving in the south. And yes, there were strict laws about arming slaves
As a counter, you provided evidence of a unit of free blacks who existed for a few months and were quickly disbanded

What did you disprove about the South arming slaves and letting them fight?

She did that but also stated that blacks free and slaves could not have guns.

I didn't use a hack photo? who said it was? Someone like paperclip? And before you go stone cold stupid I did not say paperclip said it but someone like her who says they are a historian but would misinform people.

The link I provided earlier clearly proves it was a hacked photo. No wonder you seemed incredibly dense. You never read it did you? :lol:

Confederate Veteran, June 1915 - “If there were any such troops [black Confederates] enlisted, there is no official record of same”

a) “The whole Black Confederate soldier thing is bogus” - Ludwell Johnson of the Museum of the Confederacy

b) “It’s B.S., wishful thinking.” - Edwin Bearss, historian emeritus, NPS

c) “They were never mustered into the Confederate Army,” – James Hollandsworth, Associate Provost at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.

d) “It’s mostly moonshine They’ve taken a core of true information and ballooned it all out of proportion.” - James McPherson, Princeton professor emeritus and author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Civil War history Battle Cry of Freedom. -

g) “Of course If I documented 12 [black Confederates out of 150,000 CSA soldiers researched] someone would start adding zeros,” - Robert Krick, author of 10 books on the Confederacy

h) Ervin Jordan Jr. - a black archivist and assistant professor from the University of Virginia. In Black Confederates and Afro-Yankees in Civil War Virginia, were he proved there were black confederates, he admits that he hasn’t uncovered tens of thousands of black Confederates in wartime Virginia - in fact, he’s found barely a fraction of that.

i) “There was no black Confederate unit in Mobile, it was a Creole unit. It would be a long, long stretch to say that it was a black unit. There was no counterpart to the black divisions that fought on the Union side.” - Sheila Flanagan, assistant director of the Museum of Mobile. - Mobile Register, August 23, 1998

j) “Many thousands of Jews did slave labor in military production factories in Nazi Germany - but that certainly didn’t make them “thousands of Jewish soldiers fighting for Germany.”” Truman R. Clark, professor of history, Tomball College. - The Houston Chronicle, Aug 29, 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back