ERIC HOLDER goes to war to save vote for Texas Minorites

The $250 doesn't include bus fare and a hotel room if the DMV closes while you're waiting in line.

:)

The fee for a ID card in Texas is 16 dollars. Anyone in line at closing time will be taken care of at the DMV. No one will be allow in line after that. However I believe that if they are going to require a photo ID they should have made the voter registration cards with a photo on it.

Good for the AG. Keep it up until Congress can correct the ruling by the SC.

It's an end run. Holder should take the concern to Congress for them create valid, constitutional law.......not to the courts. That being said, voter registration and qualifications are a state issue, not federal. And to top it off, there is no constituional "right" to vote. All the constitution speaks to is what can not be used as reasons to deny the privilege of voting.

It only took Texas two hours to prove that the courts decision was incorrect. Furthermore it is not an "end run", as the article say the DOJ is "not directly intervening but was filing what's known as a statement of interest in support of the private groups that have filed suit."

Which is where is needs to start until Congress can undo what the court has done.

The ruling was that the states no longer had to get pre-approval to change. Nothing about the remedy when they change their voting ID laws to discriminate against minorities.

True every voter should have an ID.

In Texas it costs only $250, and is easily gotten at the nearest DMV - which is only 100 miles away, between 11:00AM and 1:30PM any Wednesday.

And you can use this valuable ID on voting day only, between 1:00pm and 3:00pm.

A gift from Rick Perry.

If you have to lie to make your point, it's because you have no point to make in the first place.

Last edited:
The ruling was that the states no longer had to get pre-approval to change. Nothing about the remedy when they change their voting ID laws to discriminate against minorities.

Nobody has changed voting ID laws to discriminate against minorities, but you already knew that.

The fee for a ID card in Texas is 16 dollars. Anyone in line at closing time will be taken care of at the DMV. No one will be allow in line after that. However I believe that if they are going to require a photo ID they should have made the voter registration cards with a photo on it.

It's an end run. Holder should take the concern to Congress for them create valid, constitutional law.......not to the courts. That being said, voter registration and qualifications are a state issue, not federal. And to top it off, there is no constituional "right" to vote. All the constitution speaks to is what can not be used as reasons to deny the privilege of voting.

It only took Texas two hours to prove that the courts decision was incorrect. Furthermore it is not an "end run", as the article say the DOJ is "not directly intervening but was filing what's known as a statement of interest in support of the private groups that have filed suit."

Which is where is needs to start until Congress can undo what the court has done.

so you think "pre-approval" from Holder's office is the American way......:rolleyes:

It only took Texas two hours to prove that the courts decision was incorrect.
By enacting a voter ID requirement that the SCotUS ruled as constitutional?
:lol:

Furthermore it is not an "end run", as the article say the DOJ is "not directly intervening but was filing what's known as a statement of interest in support of the private groups that have filed suit."
How does anyone rationally expect a court to rule that a state must follow a law that no longer exists?

Last edited:
True every voter should have an ID.

In Texas it costs only $250, and is easily gotten at the nearest DMV - which is only 100 miles away, between 11:00AM and 1:30PM any Wednesday.

And you can use this valuable ID on voting day only, between 1:00pm and 3:00pm.

A gift from Rick Perry.

Applying for a New Texas DMV Identification Card at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

Visit any driver license office and complete an application. Be sure to bring the following:

Proof of identity.
Provide two proofs of Texas residency. One of the documents must prove that you've lived in Texas for a minimum of 30 days.
Cash or check to pay a $16 fee ($5 if you're older than 60).

Nice lie, typical liberal BS

Negged for being a lying POS.

when someone it THAT dishonest why should anyone take anything they say seriously?
they are just a troll

Nobody has changed voting ID laws to discriminate against minorities, but you already knew that.

Of course they do.

"But the judges said there was clear evidence in the record that, at least in Texas, the law is so restrictive that many individuals among the “working poor” would not be able to obtain an acceptable ID, or could not afford to do so. While poor people, as such, are not protected by the Voting Rights Act, the court noted, they are when their numbers are greatest among minorities, like blacks and Hispanics."

Texas voter ID law can?t take effect : SCOTUSblog

Which is why they couldn't pass it before the SC decision.

Fort Worth congressman files suit to stop Texas voter ID law | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Really? You of course are aware that the state who used to have to get pre-approval have a higher number of voters and election turn out by minorities than they do of whites don't you? What Texas did was not a return to something like a literacy test.......they just want to make sure that the people who vote are eligible to vote. It's across the board. It's a level playing field. nobody gets to sneak back in and vote a second time. Nobody gets to claim they are someone they are not. That applies to Republican, Democrat, black or white. One person, one vote and let the chips fall where they may. These same people that the left claims it is a hardship to get a photo ID to vote already have to have one for all sorts of other activites. Why EXACTLY is the left against voter ID laws. Saying it is a hardship or discrimnatory is a canard. It's kind of like the angst and protests of the Zimmerman verdict, it's all about feelings and beliefs and not real facts. Why is the left against fairness?

Of course they do.

"But the judges said there was clear evidence in the record that, at least in Texas, the law is so restrictive that many individuals among the “working poor” would not be able to obtain an acceptable ID, or could not afford to do so. While poor people, as such, are not protected by the Voting Rights Act, the court noted, they are when their numbers are greatest among minorities, like blacks and Hispanics."

Fort Worth congressman files suit to stop Texas voter ID law | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Bullshit. See post 44 above.

so you think "pre-approval" from Holder's office is the American way......:rolleyes:

Has been for nearly 50 years for States or localities that have record of discrimination in the past. The DOJ, not who-ever is running it at the time.

Of course they do.

How many of those working poor really have no ID? I have to have two forms of ID to get hired in the first place, I have to have at least one form to get a bank account or to cash my check, and if I'm poor enough to apply for assistance programs I have to have ID to do that. Unless I'm working under the table or an illegal, and not paying taxes in either case, I have to have ID to be working poor.

Last edited:
Minorities need to give their proxy to the Dem Party, anything less is discrimination

So libruls cheer and applaud SCOTUS on same sex marriage but go to war over another ruling they don't like? Bunch of insane morons.

Who are these numbnuts who can't get ID's ? Seriously?

We probably don't need people that dumb voting anyway.

Has been for nearly 50 years for States or localities that have record of discrimination in the past.
SCotUS threw this out, as the basis for it no longer applies.

It only took Texas two hours to prove that the courts decision was incorrect.
By enacting a voter ID requirement that the SCotUS ruled as constitutional?
:lol:

Furthermore it is not an "end run", as the article say the DOJ is "not directly intervening but was filing what's known as a statement of interest in support of the private groups that have filed suit."
How does anyone rationally expect a court to rule that a state must follow a law that no longer exists?

When did the SC rule on the Texas laws?

They upheld a few that did not discriminate, but struck down AZ's.

But the point is the suit was filed by Texans and it's the right way to fight the laws.

If all of you DUMB fucking libruls can't get a photo ID, get the hell off of the road driving. Don't apply for a damn job.. don't even think about flying. No purchasing alcohol... no registering your kid for school and no college for you MORONS.

Of course they do.

How many of those working poor really have no ID? I have to have two forms of ID to get hired in the first place, I have to have at least one form to get a bank account or to cash my check, and if I'm poor enough to apply for assistance programs I have to have ID to do that. Unless I'm working under the table or an illegal, and not paying taxes in either case, I have to have ID to be working poor.

You're forgetting about people who don't work, wives, elderly.....

Of course they do.

You're forgetting about people who don't work, wives, elderly.....

Wives don't have ID? Really?

Forum List

Back