Errr, is this the greatest flip-flop yet? Breaking News: Kamala Harris Used To Think Border Wall Was ‘Un-American.’ Now She Supports It.

/----/

Oh stop with the lies, you goofball.
In December 2021, DHS said it would begin repair projects along the southern border such as closing barrier gaps, stabilizing eroding areas and cleaning work sites. At the time, DHS again asked Congress to reappropriate the 2019 funding. Social media claims in spring 2022 said Biden was resuming work on the border wall, but we rated those False because it was repair work, not construction.
What is actually happening is that Texas is building the wall.

www.tfc.texas.gov › wallTexas Facilities Commission

Apr 18, 2024 · The Texas Border Infrastructure Program* continues to build the “Border Wall” in Starr, Cameron, Val Verde and Webb Counties. August 30, 2023 – Progress Report: Total wall panel

Why Biden claims he has no choice but to build ... - ABC News​

1724845736032.png
ABC News - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos
https://abcnews.go.com › Politics › story

Oct 5, 2023 — "Money was appropriated for the border wall," Biden told reporters, referring to congressional action during the Trump administration

The Biden administration is building a controversial part of ...​

1724845635260.png

NPR
https://www.npr.org › 2023/10/08 › the-biden-administ...

Oct 8, 2023 — The Biden administration is moving forward with a controversial plan to build a new section of wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

Biden expedites 20 miles of new border wall in South ...​

1724845668306.png
Dallas News
https://www.dallasnews.com › News › Immigration

Oct 5, 2023 — WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden reiterated Thursday that he doesn't believe border walls work, even as his homeland security chief cited an ...

Is Khamelean Harris slowly turning into Trump?

This is what she has said about a border wall in the past.

And here I thought Kamala said a border wall was racist at one time.

All I can say is, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 1002668

Utter Bullshit...

She has always supported the Bi Partisan Deal on immigration... This is the one Trump undermined.

She doesn't agree with everything in it but it is bipartisan...

So you want to make out the Harris willingness to work with others for solutions is a bad thing????

Utter Bullshit...

She has always supported the Bi Partisan Deal on immigration... This is the one Trump undermined.

So you want to make out the Harris willingness to work with others for solutions is a bad thing????
They listen to Trump's rhetorical lies about factual actual events and policies.

/—-/ You know there is no truth to it like the other policies she copied from Trump. Was there any mention of building a border wall and removing taxes on tips and SS at the convention?
And, if she really really really means it, why isn’t she doing it now?
Did I offer any speculation on whether or not the thing is 'real' ?

No.

I merely said that IF it was true that it would be a good thing.

Unless, of course, you have changed YOUR mind, and no longer think that The Wall would be a good thing... :cool:

Did I offer any speculation on whether or not the thing is 'real' ?

No.

I merely said that IF it was true that it would be a good thing.

Unless, of course, you have changed YOUR mind, and no longer think that The Wall would be a good thing... :cool:
/-----/ " IF it was true that it would be a good thing."
"If" is for children, as if Santa brings me a pony, all the kids at school will like me.

Unless, of course, you have changed YOUR mind, and no longer think that The Wall would be a good thing..
Why would I think that? Trump and Texas mean it. Commie Harris doesn't, and neither do you.

Early-on, I was against it... thinking it was a waste of time-and-money that was better spent hammering employers who hire Illegal Aliens, but, as time wore on, and I saw evidence that it was doing enough good to make it worth our while, I changed my mind, and began supporting that very tactic, while holding onto the conviction that we should also be chasing after those employers.

In the words of the immortal Chicago Cubs first baseman, Ernie Banks... " Let's play TWO !!! " --- we can do BOTH simultaneously.

Yes... I came to support the building and monitoring and upkeep of a Wall, even back during Trump's Presidency.

I do not - and never will - support HIM... but I changed my mind and came to support that particular tactic.

Was that an honest-enough answer?
One long continuous wall is pretty bananas and actually make people more likely to stay than go back... A wall like that just feeds into cartels...

Barriers around built up areas have some merit and are supported by both sides...

Facts are 40% of undocumented come in through Airports or Ports legally and just overstay...

GOP has a nice little number going, bitch and complain about them while not actually fixing the solution. Sending all the immigrants back would kill the US economy which relies on a cheap and very flexible workforce (an under class) who do the crap jobs...
To police this right would mean issuing millions of temporary visas with some what view to make some green cards and citizens later on..

That would be a disaster politically, the choice is to be pro Business or anti Immigration... Can't be both really, no matter how it is sold to you... Europe is very clued into this when they saw the Polish go home during COVID and not return. Western Europe is crying out for Labour...

Utter Bullshit...

tax avoision is my cat-n-mouse game. Government does pay by a loss of revenue on tax cutz.
A tax cut is a citizen keeping more of HIS money. It's not the governments in the first place.

One long continuous wall is pretty bananas and actually make people more likely to stay than go back... A wall like that just feeds into cartels...

Barriers around built up areas have some merit and are supported by both sides...

Facts are 40% of undocumented come in through Airports or Ports legally and just overstay...

GOP has a nice little number going, bitch and complain about them while not actually fixing the solution. Sending all the immigrants back would kill the US economy which relies on a cheap and very flexible workforce (an under class) who do the crap jobs...
To police this right would mean issuing millions of temporary visas with some what view to make some green cards and citizens later on..

That would be a disaster politically, the choice is to be pro Business or anti Immigration... Can't be both really, no matter how it is sold to you... Europe is very clued into this when they saw the Polish go home during COVID and not return. Western Europe is crying out for Labour...
Harris said walls were unAmerican, so is Harris admitting she's unAmerican, or was she lying when she said that?

View attachment 1002693
They are sheep, they will follow as they are told too.
Difference is Kamala one is paid for, Trump is pulling out of his ass...

Trump promised infrastructure in 2016 as well...

He also was building a wall paid for by Mexico...

So difference is that Trump is just throwing stuff out and not going to deliver. Kamala has things thought threw...

You can call me a bullshitter just after you show me the 2000 mile wall Mexico paid for...

If western Europe is crying out for Labour, why don't they accept millions of Venezuelan, Mexican and Haitian illegals into their realms?
Well it just doesn't seem the path to go...

Biggest issue is EU building Regs are very different to US, different voltage for sparkys,....

Just not done often... US just seems easier for them

then enjoy the debt.
/---/ What would you do if you found yourself with massive personal debt?
a. Keep spending
b. Stop unnecessary spending, pay down the debt, and then live within your means
c. Keep spending and demand others, like your employer, give you more money

tax avoision is my cat-n-mouse game. Government does pay by a loss of revenue on tax cutz.

Yes, in the short term, but in the long term, the boost in the economy raises tax revenues.

Raise taxes and tax revenue increases in the short term. People are unable to spend the extra money they were taxed, so the economy slows. Income decreases, thus tax revenues go back to previous levels or even lower, but people still have less money in their pockets. Democrats call for raising taxes again. It is a vicious cycle ultimately ending in the people having less money.

Lower taxes and tax revenue decreases in the short term. People spend the extra money they have in their pockets and the economy strengthens. Income increases, thus tax revenues increase and people have more money in their pockets. This is organic growth. This is how it is supposed to work.

Even people that do not pay federal income tax or people not affected by any tax hikes are negatively affected in the long run by higher taxes on the rest of us. In the short term, they may benefit from programs paid for by the tax hikes. That is the real problem. These are the people electing Democrats. They are short sighted “thinkers” who are only looking out for themselves in the here and now.

There is a balance for sure. Taxes are necessary, but if everyone had skin in the game, the tax burden wouldn’t be so heavy on the 50% of us who pay federal income taxes. We shouldn’t allow the 50% that don’t pay to make the decision to take our money.

Forum List

Back