Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
The federal law makes it clear enough for me.

(C)
If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections1111 (murder), 1112 (manslaughter), and 1113 (attempted Murder) of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.[
Laws cannot make a fetus a "human being" unless you're will to accept that a pregnant women who moves to a country that allows abortion and has no Fetal Homicide Laws is no longer carrying a "human being".

The only thing that makes the fertilized egg a "human being" is if the woman who is carrying it views it as such. It is her decision alone. Nobody has the right to make her carry that embryo to term. NOBODY.

The federal law makes it clear enough for me.

(C)
If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections1111 (murder), 1112 (manslaughter), and 1113 (attempted Murder) of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.[
Laws cannot make a fetus a "human being" unless you're will to accept that a pregnant women who moves to a country that allows abortion and has no Fetal Homicide Laws is no longer carrying a "human being".

Our fetal homicide laws do not make a child in the womb as "human being. " Our fetal homicide laws recognize children in the womb for the "human beings" that they are.

Our fetal homicide laws do not make a child in the womb as "human being. " Our fetal homicide laws recognize children in the womb for the "human beings" that they are.
But you don't believe the opposite is true, that places without fetal homicide laws recognize fetuses in the womb as not being "human beings". Hypocrisy?

If a woman decides that she does not want to carry the embryo any longer, that is her decision alone to make. Nobody else can make that decision for her, and don't give me this crap that any of you care about some stranger's embryo!!! That is nuts!

This is about religious people trying to force their own views onto others. Look, if you don't want to have an abortion, then don't have one. No problem. NOT your decision to make for another person though. It's not any of your business, no matter how hard you try to make it your business. You don't care about this stranger's embryo. Quit being stupid.

But you don't believe the opposite is true, that places without fetal homicide laws recognize fetuses in the womb as not being "human beings". Hypocrisy?

Biologically, a HUMAN BEING even in the first days of their life is a HUMAN BEING. . . Whether our laws recognize them as such or not.

Actually scientists would say life began billions of years ago. They would be silent on whether a zygote should have greater legal rights than an adult women.

Scientists might say that life in general began billions of years ago. But if they take that to mean that a specific individual life began billions of years ago, they are disgrace to their field of study.

Good grief, the stupidity and ignorance around here is just astounding. Stop acting as if you care about some strange woman's embryo. You do not. This is about you wanting to force your religious views onto others.

This is about religious people trying to force their own views onto others. Look, if you don't want to have an abortion, then don't have one. No problem. NOT your decision to make for another person though. It's not any of your business, no matter how hard you try to make it your business. You don't care about this stranger's embryo. Quit being stupid.

For a religious person it means that a new little soul does not have the right to life experience here on Earth.
To them it is murder and condemns the new little life of Earthly experiences and is sent to be raised in heaven without having that experience of life.

For a religious person it means that a new little soul does not have the right to life experience here on Earth.
To them it is murder and condemns the new little life of Earthly experiences and is sent to be raised in heaven without having that experience of life.

And you are entitled to your opinions on such matters. You are not entitled to force another woman to live by your rules though.

And you are entitled to your opinions on such matters. You are not entitled to force another woman to live by your rules though.

No one has outlawed abortion nor will they be able to so.
The Supreme Court has ruled on it way back in the 70's and it will remain.
It is the Democrats pushing for tax dollars to fund it.
That is where I draw the line.
The Supreme Court just ruled on that one with the Little Sisters who were being forced to pay for birth control pills that was objectionable to their believes.
Seems to me that it is fair and balanced for both sides so far.

The Supreme Court just ruled on that one with the Little Sisters who were being forced to pay for birth control pills that was objectionable to their believes.

You oppose paying for birth control? Really? How else to avoid unwanted pregnancies and abortions?

You oppose paying for birth control? Really? How else to avoid unwanted pregnancies and abortions?

I oppose the Feds paying for it.

Biologically, a HUMAN BEING even in the first days of their life is a HUMAN BEING. . . Whether our laws recognize them as such or not.
HUMAN BEING is NOT a biological term. Biologically there is human tissue but a HUMAN BEING is a concept created by other human beings. If you had asked a white southerner a hundred years ago if blacks were HUMAN BEINGs they likely would have said NO.

The feds pay for birth control? Link?

HUMAN BEING is NOT a biological term. Biologically there is human tissue but a HUMAN BEING is a concept created by other human beings. If you had asked a white southerner a hundred years ago if blacks were HUMAN BEINGs they likely would have said NO.

Great point. That is true. Native Americans were also not considered "human" back then. Anyone who didn't fit into their definition of "civilized human being." Some still feel that way today! Read some stuff around here!

The feds pay for birth control? Link?

They are now with Obama Care

Forum List

Back