Ethics: Is Abortion Taking A Life?

Is Abortion Taking A Life?

• Yes

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
And you are entitled to your opinions on such matters. You are not entitled to force another woman to live by your rules though.

No one has outlawed abortion nor will they be able to so.
The Supreme Court has ruled on it way back in the 70's and it will remain.
It is the Democrats pushing for tax dollars to fund it.
That is where I draw the line.
The Supreme Court just ruled on that one with the Little Sisters who were being forced to pay for birth control pills that was objectionable to their believes.
Seems to me that it is fair and balanced for both sides so far.

You oppose paying for birth control? Really? How else to avoid unwanted pregnancies and abortions?

I oppose the Feds paying for it.

The feds pay for birth control? Link?

They are now with Obama Care

No, they aren't. The insurance companies are, and some still don't cover BC.

No one has outlawed abortion nor will they be able to so.
The Supreme Court has ruled on it way back in the 70's and it will remain.
It is the Democrats pushing for tax dollars to fund it.
That is where I draw the line.
The Supreme Court just ruled on that one with the Little Sisters who were being forced to pay for birth control pills that was objectionable to their believes.
Seems to me that it is fair and balanced for both sides so far.

You oppose paying for birth control? Really? How else to avoid unwanted pregnancies and abortions?

Where do you think that the taxes collected for it are going?

Where do you think that the taxes collected for it are going?

Taxes collected for what? The insurance companies are providing you with insurance, unless you are getting Medicare or Medicaid.

Biologically, a HUMAN BEING even in the first days of their life is a HUMAN BEING. . . Whether our laws recognize them as such or not.
HUMAN BEING is NOT a biological term. Biologically there is human tissue but a HUMAN BEING is a concept created by other human beings. If you had asked a white southerner a hundred years ago if blacks were HUMAN BEINGs they likely would have said NO.

LOL. . . This should be good.

So,. . . What's the difference between a human organism and a human being?

There are multiple definitions of each and there's plenty of overlap. Interestingly many use a non-biological concept like displaying "humanity" or characteristics unique to homo sapiens sapiens.

At any rate I used the term human tissue so the issue is simpler and clearer. All human beings are composed of human tissue, but not all human tissue (e.g., my liver) is a human being.

There are multiple definitions of each and there's plenty of overlap. Interestingly many use a non-biological concept like displaying "humanity" or characteristics unique to homo sapiens sapiens.

At any rate I used the term human tissue so the issue is simpler and clearer. All human beings are composed of human tissue, but not all human tissue (e.g., my liver) is a human being.

Is a human being in the zygote stage of their life - just a human cell / tissue? Or, are they an organism?

Before you answer;

Zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm. - Glossary, Planned Parenthood

Last edited:
We ALL benefit from birth control. You greedy people are never happy.

I fail to understand why it is "greedy" for me to want to keep as much of my own money as I can but isn't greedy to want other people to pay for your pet projects.

I fail to understand why it is "greedy" for me to want to keep as much of my own money as I can but isn't greedy to want other people to pay for your pet projects.

Exactly!

Liberals define greed as someone else having more than them and refusing to share it with the rest of us (redistribution of wealth.)

Conservatives define greed as someone who wants to keep that which is theirs (which is fine) but they (greedy liberals) also have a sense of entitlement not only to their own wealth but also to some of everybody elses.

Exactly!

Liberals define greed as someone else having more than them and refusing to share it with the rest of us (redistribution of wealth.)

Conservatives define greed as someone who wants to keep that which is theirs (which is fine) but they (greedy liberals) also have a sense of entitlement not only to their own wealth but also to some of everybody elses.

Pure ignorance as to the way the REAL world works.

Exactly!

Pure ignorance as to the way the REAL world works.
such as recreational sex

- but they (greedy liberals) also have a sense of entitlement not only to their own wealth but also to some of everybody elses.

chuz speaks of herself ... must be a greedy liberal.

Is a human being in the zygote stage of their life - just a human cell / tissue? Or, are they an organism?

Before you answer;

Zygote
The single-celled organism that results from the joining of the egg and sperm. - Glossary, Planned Parenthood
My definition: human beings
- can feel pain
- can sense and react to their environment
- have a well developed brain and nervous system
- can survive independently with medical assistance
- do not threaten the survival of another human being

except for the last item a zygote can do none of those things so you can call it what you wish but I don't grant it the status of human being

Before you answer;

Zygote
My definition: human beings
- can feel pain
- can sense and react to their environment
- have a well developed brain and nervous system
- can survive independently with medical assistance
- do not threaten the survival of another human being

except for the last item a zygote can do none of those things so you can call it what you wish but I don't grant it the status of human being

Do we get to make our own definitions now?

you can call it what you wish but I don't grant it the status of human being

Since when is the Human STATUS something that you have the power or authority to "grant?"

Sheesh, and you guys scoff at the comparison of your mindset to fascism?

That's exactly what it is.

Do we get to make our own definitions now?
Yes. We don't get to choose our own facts but we do get to choose our own values and the definition of a "human being" is one of those value judgments. Is there a universal definition of when a child is old enough to drink alcohol? No, so we all have to choose our own.

Forum List

Back