Even Jesus Is A Zionist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I'll take Zionist verses from the NT for $300, Alex:

Zion Zion Zion Zion!

Bible verses related to Zion from the King James Version (KJV):

Psalms 87:2 - The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Isaiah 60:14 - The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 51:16 - And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou [art] my people.

Isaiah 51:3 - For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Isaiah 52:2 - Shake thyself from the dust; arise, [and] sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Isaiah 52:1 - Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

Isaiah 35:10 - And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

2 Samuel 6:12 - And it was told king David, saying, The LORD hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that [pertaineth] unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

1 Chronicles 15:29 - And it came to pass, [as] the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.

1 Chronicles 15:1 - And [David] made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.

Romans 11:26 - And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Matthew 21:5 - Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

Zechariah 9:13 - When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man.

Zechariah 8:3 - Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Zechariah 8:2 - Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.

Zechariah 2:10 - Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 52:8 - Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.

2 Samuel 6:16 - And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

Revelation 14:1 - And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Hebrews 12:22 - But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Amos 6:1 - Woe to them [that are] at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, [which are] named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

John 17:1-5 - These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: (Read More...)

John 12:15 - Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Joel 3:21 - For I will cleanse their blood [that] I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

Joel 3:17 - So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Joel 2:32 - And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:1 - Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for [it is] nigh at hand;

Isaiah 66:8 - Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? [or] shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Psalms 127:3 - Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.

Psalms 68:32 - Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah:

Psalms 65:1 - (To the chief Musician, A Psalm [and] Song of David.) Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.

2 Kings 19:21 - This [is] the word that the LORD hath spoken concerning him; The virgin the daughter of Zion hath despised thee, [and] laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee.

1 Peter 2:6 - Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Acts 4:23 - And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.

John 3:16-17 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Read More...)

Zechariah 2:7 - Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest [with] the daughter of Babylon.

Zechariah 1:17 - Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Zephaniah 3:14 - Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

Joel 1:1-20 - The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel. (Read More...)

Lamentations 1:4 - The ways of Zion do mourn, because none come to the solemn feasts: all her gates are desolate: her priests sigh, her virgins are afflicted, and she [is] in bitterness.

Jeremiah 50:5 - They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, [saying], Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant [that] shall not be forgotten.

Jeremiah 30:17 - For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, [saying], This [is] Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

Isaiah 62:11 - Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward [is] with him, and his work before him.

Psalms 127:2 - [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Psalms 127:1-9 - (A Song of degrees for Solomon.) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain. (Read More...)

Psalms 127:2-3 - [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep. (Read More...)

Psalms 87:3 - Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

Psalms 50:1-3 - (A Psalm of Asaph.) The mighty God, [even] the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof. (Read More...)

2 Samuel 5:6-9 - And the king and his men went to Jerusalem unto the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land: which spake unto David, saying, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come in hither: thinking, David cannot come in hither. (Read More...)

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Luke 10:17 - And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Zechariah 9:9 - Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he [is] just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Zephaniah 3:16 - In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: [and to] Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

Micah 5:2 - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me [that is] to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old, from everlasting.

Joel 2:15 - Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

Isaiah 62:1 - For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp [that] burneth.

Isaiah 59:20 - And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 49:14 - But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

Isaiah 33:20 - Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle [that] shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

Isaiah 33:14 - The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Song of Solomon 3:11 - Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.

Song of Solomon 1:1-17 - The song of songs, which [is] Solomon's. (Read More...)

Ecclesiastes 2:1-26 - I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also [is] vanity. (Read More...)

Psalms 127:1 - (A Song of degrees for Solomon.) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain.

Psalms 90:1 - (A Prayer of Moses the man of God.) Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

Psalms 87:5 - And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Psalms 74:2 - Remember thy congregation, [which] thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, [which] thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

Psalms 48:12 - Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.

Psalms 48:11 - Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.

Psalms 48:2 - Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, [is] mount Zion, [on] the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

Psalms 9:11 - Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

2 Chronicles 5:2 - Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which [is] Zion.

1 Chronicles 11:7 - And David dwelt in the castle; therefore they called it the city of David.

1 Chronicles 11:5-7 - And the inhabitants of Jebus said to David, Thou shalt not come hither. Nevertheless David took the castle of Zion, which [is] the city of David. (Read More...)

1 Chronicles 11:5 - And the inhabitants of Jebus said to David, Thou shalt not come hither. Nevertheless David took the castle of Zion, which [is] the city of David.

2 Kings 19:31 - For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD [of hosts] shall do this.

1 Kings 8:1 - Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which [is] Zion.

2 Samuel 5:9 - So David dwelt in the fort, and called it the city of David. And David built round about from Millo and inward.

2 Samuel 5:7 - Nevertheless David took the strong hold of Zion: the same [is] the city of David.

Exodus 3:14 - And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The most "zionist" thing Jesus could do would be to celebrate the bringing of the people out of egypt and back to the land of Issac and Jacob, back to Israel. It is about the land, the laws given to moses, the torah, the arc, their connection to god, the covenant between Abraham and god, about the sacrifice, being saved, about being a people. It is also about the house of god and the later building of the temple. Every year since the plagues of egypt, jews have repeated the practice as a reminder of who they are and how god saved them and brought them home.
and for Jesus, the most zionist thing he could do was to sacrifice himself as the passover lamb, a show of the oppression of the romans and that man can be saved, spiritually and physically.
God chose that land at that time and sacrificed jesus on the passover at Jerusalem. How more "zionist" could it be. Jesus entered the city in a symbolic way as the anointed one and died with the title "king of the jews"

Everything about the people, the religion, the place and their promise with god all rolled up in a perfect "zionist" package.

Could Jesus have said in any better way that he cared about the nation and people? Words were not enough, his actions shout clearly through the centuries and around the world, his teachings have touched the vast majority of the people on the planet. This jew from judea that died as the king of the jews on passover.

Setting yourself above God is going to take you nowhere but to stand condemned for your continuing disbelief in Jesus.

Pride doth come before the fall.

The most "zionist" thing Jesus could do would be to celebrate the bringing of the people out of egypt and back to the land of Issac and Jacob, back to Israel. It is about the land, the laws given to moses, the torah, the arc, their connection to god, the covenant between Abraham and god, about the sacrifice, being saved, about being a people. It is also about the house of god and the later building of the temple. Every year since the plagues of egypt, jews have repeated the practice as a reminder of who they are and how god saved them and brought them home.
and for Jesus, the most zionist thing he could do was to sacrifice himself as the passover lamb, a show of the oppression of the romans and that man can be saved, spiritually and physically.
God chose that land at that time and sacrificed jesus on the passover at Jerusalem. How more "zionist" could it be. Jesus entered the city in a symbolic way as the anointed one and died with the title "king of the jews"

Everything about the people, the religion, the place and their promise with god all rolled up in a perfect "zionist" package.

Could Jesus have said in any better way that he cared about the nation and people? Words were not enough, his actions shout clearly through the centuries and around the world, his teachings have touched the vast majority of the people on the planet. This jew from judea that died as the king of the jews on passover.

And?

Maybe you post these Scriptures enough times, you will eventually be able to understand what they mean and believe them.

Please keep posting God's Word.

Thanks I'll take Zionist verses from the NT for $300, Alex:

Zion Zion Zion Zion!

Psalms 87:2 - The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob.

Isaiah 60:14 - The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 51:16 - And I have put my words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of mine hand, that I may plant the heavens, and lay the foundations of the earth, and say unto Zion, Thou [art] my people.

Isaiah 51:3 - For the LORD shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.

Isaiah 52:2 - Shake thyself from the dust; arise, [and] sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

Isaiah 52:1 - Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

Isaiah 35:10 - And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

2 Samuel 6:12 - And it was told king David, saying, The LORD hath blessed the house of Obededom, and all that [pertaineth] unto him, because of the ark of God. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obededom into the city of David with gladness.

1 Chronicles 15:29 - And it came to pass, [as] the ark of the covenant of the LORD came to the city of David, that Michal the daughter of Saul looking out at a window saw king David dancing and playing: and she despised him in her heart.

1 Chronicles 15:1 - And [David] made him houses in the city of David, and prepared a place for the ark of God, and pitched for it a tent.

Romans 11:26 - And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Matthew 21:5 - Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

Zechariah 9:13 - When I have bent Judah for me, filled the bow with Ephraim, and raised up thy sons, O Zion, against thy sons, O Greece, and made thee as the sword of a mighty man.

Zechariah 8:3 - Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Zechariah 8:2 - Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.

Zechariah 2:10 - Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 52:8 - Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.

2 Samuel 6:16 - And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

Revelation 14:1 - And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Zion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Hebrews 12:22 - But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Amos 6:1 - Woe to them [that are] at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountain of Samaria, [which are] named chief of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came!

Isaiah 52:7 - How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

John 17:1-5 - These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: (Read More...)

John 12:15 - Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Joel 3:21 - For I will cleanse their blood [that] I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

Joel 3:17 - So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Joel 2:32 - And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:1 - Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for [it is] nigh at hand;

Isaiah 66:8 - Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? [or] shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Psalms 127:3 - Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.

Psalms 68:32 - Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth; O sing praises unto the Lord; Selah:

Psalms 65:1 - (To the chief Musician, A Psalm [and] Song of David.) Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.

2 Kings 19:21 - This [is] the word that the LORD hath spoken concerning him; The virgin the daughter of Zion hath despised thee, [and] laughed thee to scorn; the daughter of Jerusalem hath shaken her head at thee.

1 Peter 2:6 - Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.

Acts 4:23 - And being let go, they went to their own company, and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said unto them.

John 3:16-17 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Read More...)

Zechariah 2:7 - Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest [with] the daughter of Babylon.

Zechariah 1:17 - Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

Zephaniah 3:14 - Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

Joel 1:1-20 - The word of the LORD that came to Joel the son of Pethuel. (Read More...)

Lamentations 1:4 - The ways of Zion do mourn, because none come to the solemn feasts: all her gates are desolate: her priests sigh, her virgins are afflicted, and she [is] in bitterness.

Jeremiah 50:5 - They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, [saying], Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant [that] shall not be forgotten.

Jeremiah 30:17 - For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, [saying], This [is] Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

Isaiah 62:11 - Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward [is] with him, and his work before him.

Psalms 127:2 - [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep.

Psalms 127:1-9 - (A Song of degrees for Solomon.) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain. (Read More...)

Psalms 127:2-3 - [It is] vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: [for] so he giveth his beloved sleep. (Read More...)

Psalms 87:3 - Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah.

Psalms 50:1-3 - (A Psalm of Asaph.) The mighty God, [even] the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof. (Read More...)

2 Samuel 5:6-9 - And the king and his men went to Jerusalem unto the Jebusites, the inhabitants of the land: which spake unto David, saying, Except thou take away the blind and the lame, thou shalt not come in hither: thinking, David cannot come in hither. (Read More...)

John 14:28 - Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Luke 10:17 - And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.

Zechariah 9:9 - Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he [is] just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

Zephaniah 3:16 - In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: [and to] Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

Micah 5:2 - But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me [that is] to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old, from everlasting.

Joel 2:15 - Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly:

Isaiah 62:1 - For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp [that] burneth.

Isaiah 59:20 - And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 49:14 - But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

Isaiah 33:20 - Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle [that] shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

Isaiah 33:14 - The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

Song of Solomon 3:11 - Go forth, O ye daughters of Zion, and behold king Solomon with the crown wherewith his mother crowned him in the day of his espousals, and in the day of the gladness of his heart.

Song of Solomon 1:1-17 - The song of songs, which [is] Solomon's. (Read More...)

Ecclesiastes 2:1-26 - I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also [is] vanity. (Read More...)

Psalms 127:1 - (A Song of degrees for Solomon.) Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain.

Psalms 90:1 - (A Prayer of Moses the man of God.) Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

Psalms 87:5 - And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her.

Psalms 74:2 - Remember thy congregation, [which] thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, [which] thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

Psalms 48:12 - Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.

Psalms 48:11 - Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.

Psalms 48:2 - Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, [is] mount Zion, [on] the sides of the north, the city of the great King.

Psalms 9:11 - Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

2 Chronicles 5:2 - Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which [is] Zion.

1 Chronicles 11:7 - And David dwelt in the castle; therefore they called it the city of David.

1 Chronicles 11:5-7 - And the inhabitants of Jebus said to David, Thou shalt not come hither. Nevertheless David took the castle of Zion, which [is] the city of David. (Read More...)

1 Chronicles 11:5 - And the inhabitants of Jebus said to David, Thou shalt not come hither. Nevertheless David took the castle of Zion, which [is] the city of David.

2 Kings 19:31 - For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the LORD [of hosts] shall do this.

1 Kings 8:1 - Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel, and all the heads of the tribes, the chief of the fathers of the children of Israel, unto king Solomon in Jerusalem, that they might bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which [is] Zion.

2 Samuel 5:9 - So David dwelt in the fort, and called it the city of David. And David built round about from Millo and inward.

2 Samuel 5:7 - Nevertheless David took the strong hold of Zion: the same [is] the city of David.

Exodus 3:14 - And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Having problems reading and understanding Zionist verses? Here let me help you:

Bible Verses About Zion

Setting yourself above God is going to take you nowhere but to stand condemned for your continuing disbelief in Jesus.

LOL You worry about your soul from all your cancerous hate. Mine is just fine.
If anyone is putting themselves above god, it's you, thinking you have the right or power to condemn anyone to hell. You have no authority to sit in judgement on his behalf or to speak for him. Poor poor sherri, you just keep slipping farther and farther down that ladder.

Wow, am I supposed to be impressed you can spell or find Zion?

So many of these verses are speaking about the coming of Jesus, that same Jesus you refuse to acknowledge as Messiah.

It would be wonderful if you could read these verses and understand they were speaking about and pointing towards the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ.

You are looking for someone to come in the future who has already came, you foolish man.

Having problems reading and understanding Zionist verses? Here let me help you:

Bible Verses About Zion

I believe in Jesus, so I am saved.

And I condemn no one, it is continuing disbelief that condemns.

You choose heaven or hell all on your own.

LOL You worry about your soul from all your cancerous hate. Mine is just fine.
If anyone is putting themselves above god, it's you, thinking you have the right or power to condemn anyone to hell. You have no authority to sit in judgement on his behalf or to speak for him. Poor poor sherri, you just keep slipping farther and farther down that ladder.

Yeah, so many verses prove without a shred of doubt that Jesus was Zionist. Eat some more:

Bible Verses About Zion

So many verses speak of and point to the coming Messiah, Jesus Christ, who has already came, yet Roudy slanders Jesus Messiah and is still looking for Him to come.

Poor foolish man.

Yeah, so many verses prove without a shred of doubt that Jesus was Zionist. Eat some more:

Bible Verses About Zion

Standing on the promises of God My Savior.

There is that Promise in John 3:16 of Salvation and everlasting life.

And there are so many other precious promises in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I so hate to think of those who do not turn to Jesus and have all He offers them, chief of which is His amazing grace , that saves the wretches we all are.

On the word Zion, its meaning changes from The Old Testament through The New Testament, from a physical meaning in the OT to a spiritual meaning in the NT:

"The most important use of the word “Zion” is in a theological sense. “Zion” is used figuratively of Israel as the people of God (Isaiah 60:14). The spiritual meaning of “Zion” is continued in the New Testament, where it is given the Christian meaning of God's spiritual kingdom, the heavenly Jerusalem (Hebrews 12:22; Revelation 14:1). Peter refers to Christ as the Cornerstone of Zion: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in Him will never be put to shame” (1 Peter 2:6)."

What is Zion? What is Mount Zion? What is the biblical meaning of Zion?

Read more: What is Zion? What is Mount Zion? What is the biblical meaning of Zion?

Now, that makes a lot of sense.

In The Old Testament, Zion points towards Jesus Messiah, who comes in The New Testament.

In The New Testament, Zion speaks of the spiritual kingdom to come that awaits believers in Heaven.

They both speak of the Zion to come.

The Jews of Israel are dealing with the Zion of present-day reality...

Resurrecting the Jewish Homeland after being scattered to the winds for so many centuries...

Given Jesus' decision to limit his start-up ministry to his own people (the Jews of Ancient Israel [Israel-Judah-Judea])...

Given Jesus' admonitions, to respect and obey the Law of Moses, and that he fulfilled all such Law and Prophecy, as those had previously manifested within Ancient Israel...

It's a good bet that he was in favor of sustaining a Jewish Homeland, some decades in advance of the 70 AD Sack of Jerusalem and the Judeo-Roman Wars...

And if he was in favor of sustaining a Homeland, it stands to reason that he would be in favor of re-establishing a Homeland, if the need ever arose...

He might very well not approve of tactics and violence employed by the Jews OR the Muslims, and those would probably force him to abandon what early Zionism has evolved into in recent decades...

But within the realm of non-violent action to resurrect a Jewish Homeland, it seems likely that his natural love for his own people would have caused him to favor a nonviolent reestablishment of Israel...

At its core or its roots, Zionism is nothing more than the Concept of bringing Jews back to the Holy Land in order to recreate a Jewish Homeland...

Of course, Jesus lived some 1800 years or more before the advent of Zionism, as we understand the concept in modern times...

He was already 'home' and had no need to 'return'...

But it seems entirely logical and reasonable to speculate that if Jesus could time-travel into the 19th and 20th and 21st Centuries, he would probably have supported Zionism, in whole or in part, in its earliest and nonviolent forms...

In a narrow, literal sense, of course Jesus was not a Zionist - the timing was all wrong...

But... metaphorically speaking (which is the mode of thought which any sane person would construe in assessing the OP)... and focused upon Zionism in its earliest forms...

Yes... it seems reasonable to speculate that Jesus would have been an Early-Days Zionist, even if he might have abandoned the movement, once the arguments and shooting began...

Thus speaketh the Middle Ground Approach to the challenge posed by the OP...

Last edited:
The Myth of Jewish Rejection of Jesus

by Paul Sumner

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover many believed in his name ...
many of the multitude believed in him ...
many came to believe in him ...
many of the Samaritans believed in him ...
a great many of the priests became obedient."
(John 2:23; 7:31; 8:30; 4:39; Acts 6:7)

"You see, brother, how many tens of thousands there are among the Jews
of those who have believed,
and they are all zealous for the Torah."
(Acts 21:20)

Hebrew Streams: The Myth of Jewish Rejection of Jesus

The Myth of Jewish Rejection of Jesus

by Paul Sumner

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover many believed in his name ...
many of the multitude believed in him ...
many came to believe in him ...
many of the Samaritans believed in him ...
a great many of the priests became obedient."
(John 2:23; 7:31; 8:30; 4:39; Acts 6:7)

"You see, brother, how many tens of thousands there are among the Jews
of those who have believed,
and they are all zealous for the Torah."
(Acts 21:20)

Hebrew Streams: The Myth of Jewish Rejection of Jesus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back