Ever Wonder Why The West Votes GOP?

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
One reason, other than being normal and hardworking, is that we are little more than tenants to the federal government. Take a look at this map of what Sam owns in the west and what we who've lived out here for well over a hundred years own. Whenever there's a Rat in the WH, the BLM and EPA treat us like children. A good example of this is their idiotic forestry practices and water management that result in the ruin of rivers like the Animus in Colorado last year. Eastern pinheads who don't know what they're doing in the parks service. That outfit has now become so restrictive it's becoming clear they believe our national forests belong to those who supervise them and tourists are treated like trespassers.

federal-public-land-map.jpg

This theory's quite a stretch. Defines the term "half-baked".

See that red area of western North Carolina? That's where I live (my back yard borders a federal forest), and this area tends to vote blue, not red. These were the counties that Bernie Sanders carried in the primary this past week too.

Then OTOH there are those vast non-red areas across the Solid South that always vote red, meanwhile there's that equally non-red area of the Northeast that habitually votes blue.

I don't see a pattern in all of that.

One reason, other than being normal and hardworking, is that we are little more than tenants to the federal government. Take a look at this map of what Sam owns in the west and what we who've lived out here for well over a hundred years own. Whenever there's a Rat in the WH, the BLM and EPA treat us like children. A good example of this is their idiotic forestry practices and water management that result in the ruin of rivers like the Animus in Colorado last year. Eastern pinheads who don't know what they're doing in the parks service. That outfit has now become so restrictive it's becoming clear they believe our national forests belong to those who supervise them and tourists are treated like trespassers.

I still want to know How that Jack ass Harry Reid always won, he must have a lock on the hookers and gamblers vote.

• Banned

See that red area of western North Carolina? That's where I live (my back yard borders a federal forest), and this area tends to vote blue, not red. These were the counties that Bernie Sanders carried in the primary this past week too.

Then OTOH there are those vast non-red areas across the Solid South that always vote red, meanwhile there's that equally non-red area of the Northeast that habitually votes blue.

Fully-baked. I believe my thesis is valid here in the Western US.....you'll notice coastal California is pretty much devoid of Federal land and only a tiny dot exists in upstate NY. Those in Dixie have other reasons to hate Sam but that's not what this thread is about.

• Banned
I still want to know How that Jack ass Harry Reid always won, he must have a lock on the hookers and gamblers vote.

He cheats of course....rural Nevada residents detest the little asshole but his union thugs run Vegas and the voting machines in Vegas. He got caught last time around but with Barry in the WH, the DOJ did nothing.

The fails as a classic observational selection fallacy, with strawman fallacies thrown in for good measure; in addition to being fundamentally ignorant.

It’s also an example of the arrogance common to most on the right, the desire to divide Americans common to most on the right, and the inability of most on the right to engage in rational, critical thinking.

Americans in other parts of the country are just as normal and hardworking, and no one is being ‘treated like children’ by the Federal government, whose regulatory policies are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause, and as enacted at the behest of the American people by their elected representatives.

The thread premise is yet another tedious example of conservative reactionaryism, of the right’s inane fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

• Banned
BTW, this is the Animus River before and after the EPA decided to "clean up" toxic mine slurry outside of Durango, Colorado:

Animas-River-split-screen.jpg

But were they satisfied? Hell no...they ignored the Flint lead poisoning catastrophe until their director finally realized she couldn't cover it up any longer.

• Banned
The fails as a classic observational selection fallacy, with strawman fallacies thrown in for good measure; in addition to being fundamentally ignorant.

It’s also an example of the arrogance common to most on the right, the desire to divide Americans common to most on the right, and the inability of most on the right to engage in rational, critical thinking.

Americans in other parts of the country are just as normal and hardworking, and no one is being ‘treated like children’ by the Federal government, whose regulatory policies are necessary, proper, and Constitutional as authorized by the Commerce Clause, and as enacted at the behest of the American people by their elected representatives.

The thread premise is yet another tedious example of conservative reactionaryism, of the right’s inane fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

Translation: "I'll pretend I can counter what Horn just said by mixing up a word salad that's not only unreadable, but nonsensical....it's how we pinheads roll."

Fully-baked. I believe my thesis is valid here in the Western US.....you'll notice coastal California is pretty much devoid of Federal land and only a tiny dot exists in upstate NY. Those in Dixie have other reasons to hate Sam but that's not what this thread is about.

Exactly --- "other reasons" is my point. Those other reasons seem to trump the pattern in your theory.

Perhaps it would be instructive to ask the opposite question, being 'why do cities vote Democratic?'. Seems to me what you're describing is what's generally called "Flyover Country". I don't think Nebraska would be called the "West", yet it's just as red, meanwhile you've got blue in California as you mentioned, as well as Oregon and Washington, and that certainly IS the "West".

Then there's Colorado. And New Mexico.

Exactly --- "other reasons" is my point. Those other reasons seem to trump the pattern in your theory.

Perhaps it would be instructive to ask the opposite question, being 'why do cities vote Democratic?'. Seems to me what you're describing is what's generally called "Flyover Country". I don't think Nebraska would be called the "West", yet it's just as red, meanwhile you've got blue in California as you mentioned, as well as Oregon and Washington, and that certainly IS the "West".

The cities you refer to are easy to explain....low-income and minority workers the Rats have convinced are for them when the opposite is true...they'll keep them in poverty at all costs. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska are rural....farmers can never be unionized....too independent. Your examples are not working for you....and are in fact bolstering my opinion. And the arrogance of the term "flyover country"......we're amused you dismiss us and then wonder why you can't get elected here.

The cities you refer to are easy to explain....low-income and minority workers the Rats have convinced are for them when the opposite is true...they'll keep them in poverty at all costs. Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska are rural....farmers can never be unionized....too independent. Your examples are not working for you....and are in fact bolstering my opinion. And the arrogance of the term "flyover country"......we're amused you dismiss us and then wonder why you can't get elected here.

I don't run for office, Sparkles. I said "what's generally called 'Flyover Country'".

Do they not know how to read in the West?

Translation: "I'll pretend I can counter what Horn just said by mixing up a word salad that's not only unreadable, but nonsensical....it's how we pinheads roll."
Your thread premise fails as a logical fallacy, devoid of merit or value.

It’s ignorant, sophomoric, subjective, and partisan – it is in essence ridiculous tripe.

Forum List

Back