Every one of you likely did something outrageous at the age of 16 or 17.

Lots of TDS fake news idiots chiming in who don't even know the basic facts of the accusation and the several timing anomalies of this fake "insurance policy." Hopefully next Monday's hearings will help. Meanwhile democrats basically worship politicians who were actual rapists (Slick Willie) and murderers (Ted "The Swimmer" Kennedy) of women.

I don't know anyone who is the same person today that they were as a teenager 30 or 40 years ago.
Having said that should YOUR life be upended over unsubstantiated accusations from your youth? Matters not if you are guilty or not. The accusation alone will likely end your career or make things very difficult for you.
Is this who we are now as a nation? Have we truly tossed the scales of justice out the window and replaced them with guilty until proven innocent?

Stay on topic if you can.
End your career? The dude is still a judge whether he gets voted on or not. I don’t care if he was 17. I knew rape was wrong at 17. That’s definitely old enough.
It never happened, douchebag. The woman is obviously a sleazy lying nutburger.

I don't know anyone who is the same person today that they were as a teenager 30 or 40 years ago.
Having said that should YOUR life be upended over unsubstantiated accusations from your youth? Matters not if you are guilty or not. The accusation alone will likely end your career or make things very difficult for you.
Is this who we are now as a nation? Have we truly tossed the scales of justice out the window and replaced them with guilty until proven innocent?

As I have said. DiFi really bit it with this one.

These hapless Dems won't like this little game when it's turned on them, will they? They forget: we don't live in the same world now we did twenty years ago. It's a new world now.

I repeat: they won't like this game turned on them. Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

I never attempted to rape a girl at 16 or 17.

If attempted forcible rape is something that you consider perfectly normal for a teenager, is there something you want to tell us, Gramps?

Anyone can accuse you of anything. It's a Brave New World, comrade. You enjoy that, now.

When I was a teen and in high school, I would probably be considered a criminal and menace to society by today's standards! The early 70s was a wild and crazy time. If people knew half the shit we did back then (harmless really), I probably couldn't get a job pumping gas today. I wouldn't change it for all the world.
Did that include attempted rape?

Nah, that seems more your style, but being that you were in SF (explains a lot) chances are they were giving it all away for free anyway.

I actually totally agree with you on this...

I don’t want Kavanaugh confirmed but not on the basis of this. These are high school morons doing stupid stuff. It’s not good stuff but it clearly hasn’t been a pattern in his adult life and that is what counts.

I get that,
You have proof that Kavanaugh did? So far it is an unproven allegation. Let’s see your proof or are you another lefty loser that has nothing?
And you are another righty loser who will call all those women testifying against republicans, liars

Wrong again dumb shit. I didn’t say she lied, I want proof of the allegation. It was Hillary that called women bimbos and liars, get your fucking facts straight troll. Innocent until proven guilty, that is what I have said.
I never attempted to rape a girl at 16 or 17.

If attempted forcible rape is something that you consider perfectly normal for a teenager, is there something you want to tell us, Gramps?

Thank you! This is a really sick thread. You can't dismiss attempted rape as a teenage indiscretion.

Got proof he did anything or are you another lying scum leftist asshole? Never mind, we know to are a lying piece of crap.
What we know is it's a he said she said deal and WHAT does she have to gain except grief? Only righty scum won't believe any women speaking up against a republican They need pictures
The same thing any of these women had to gain?

Should we always believe women accusers?
Tell me ,,what does this accuser have to gain ?? fame ?? fortune??
On PBS last night, they said that Ford never changed her mind about wanting anonymity--her letter was leaked.
It's got to really suck to be her right now.

I actually totally agree with you on this...

I don’t want Kavanaugh confirmed but not on the basis of this. These are high school morons doing stupid stuff. It’s not good stuff but it clearly hasn’t been a pattern in his adult life and that is what counts.

I get that,
And you are another righty loser who will call all those women testifying against republicans, liars

Wrong again dumb shit. I didn’t say she lied, I want proof of the allegation. It was Hillary that called women bimbos and liars, get your fucking facts straight troll. Innocent until proven guilty, that is what I have said.
Thank you! This is a really sick thread. You can't dismiss attempted rape as a teenage indiscretion.

Got proof he did anything or are you another lying scum leftist asshole? Never mind, we know to are a lying piece of crap.
What we know is it's a he said she said deal and WHAT does she have to gain except grief? Only righty scum won't believe any women speaking up against a republican They need pictures

On PBS last night, they said that Ford never changed her mind about wanting anonymity--her letter was leaked.

She hired an attorney AND had a lie detector test done in August. The timing shows she knew she would be coming forward.

...It never happened, douchebag...
And you know this to be a fact, how, again?

...The woman is obviously a sleazy lying nutburger.
Could be... could be...

The United States Senate will hear what she has to say, under oath, next Monday...

I'll withhold judgment until then.
it is my belief she is lying yes. why? because the core story changed and has had "3" faces along the way, each progressively worse until they finally got the reaction they needed.

if she is lying, she needs to be tossed in jail for this crap. the drama and the bullshit needs to come to an end and if we don't penalize people for this, it will only get worse and this will be our "politics" moving forward as both sides will engage in such defamation and say the other side started it.

is that what we really want? no. at least not me. so the next choice in line is as you say - put it to the test and see what happens. if she's telling the truth, make your decisions then. if not, directly to jail, no bail. your ass will be playing hard to get at the next prison dance.

I get that,

She hired an attorney AND had a lie detector test done in August. The timing shows she knew she would be coming forward.
She apparently still had not made up her mind. I would consult a lawyer, too, if I was making that kind of decision. It was the lawyer who suggested a polygraph. I could see all that happening and still Ford saying "I don't want my name used."

Could be... could be...

The United States Senate will hear what she has to say, under oath, next Monday...

it is my belief she is lying yes. why? because the core story changed and has had "3" faces along the way, each progressively worse until they finally got the reaction they needed.

if she is lying, she needs to be tossed in jail for this crap. the drama and the bullshit needs to come to an end and if we don't penalize people for this, it will only get worse and this will be our "politics" moving forward as both sides will engage in such defamation and say the other side started it.

is that what we really want? no. at least not me. so the next choice in line is as you say - put it to the test and see what happens. if she's telling the truth, make your decisions then. if not, directly to jail, no bail. your ass will be playing hard to get at the next prison dance.
There is probably no way to "prove" she is lying, anymore there is to prove she's telling the truth at this point.

She apparently still had not made up her mind. I would consult a lawyer, too, if I was making that kind of decision. It was the lawyer who suggested a polygraph. I could see all that happening and still Ford saying "I don't want my name used."
i'm torn on this one. we do want people to come out with the truth but we've also seen #metoo get abused for simple accusations and we've bypassed due process along the way. well, burned it down, lobbed nuclear waste in it and put it in a barrel to go to jesus-world in new orleans.

as a country we've let our emotions get us out of control on all sides. in so doing we let common sense go and go after whatever we can find that will justify these emotions. we've blurred right and wrong to hell and back and i still don't know how we recover from that without all sides realizing it's wrong and tearing the foundation out from under us as a country.

If her name was never to be used, then why write the letter in the first place. We are dealing with a PhD, not a waitress at Joe’s Diner.

When examining decades old allegations, best to have a story that doesn’t change by the minute.

I think there is a segment who had drunken consensual sex and neither remember it in college for one hundred years+.
You just wake up the next day dehydrated from the booze. Usually kinda weird
At times someone was remorseful about the activities. And angry.
Flashing forward to today we are advocating the idea that if someone does not remember then it was sexual asssult. I do not agree.
i don't think that is it...

I think the point that is bothersome is her being captured and held in a room with him and his buddy, turning up the music so not to be heard, then holding his hand over her mouth so her screams could not be heard.... as described by her.... is the issue...

IF IT IS TRUE....

and Not just boys being boys and trying to get in your pants kind of thing.

Could be... could be...

There is probably no way to "prove" she is lying, anymore there is to prove she's telling the truth at this point.
hey - we agree. :) it's my belief she's lying her ass off but who knows anymore. still, it's only *my* belief which doesn't make me right, just how i feel. back to that emo-thing from last post. >g< we just seem to encourage people to lie either to get something out of them or because they want the attention we give them.

I think there is a segment who had drunken consensual sex and neither remember it in college for one hundred years+.
Flashing forward to today we are advocating the idea that if someone does not remember then it was sexual asssult. I do not agree.

I think the point that is bothersome is her being captured and held in a room with him and his buddy, turning up the music so not to be heard, then holding his hand over her mouth so her screams could not be heard.... as described by her.... is the issue...

IF IT IS TRUE....

All that AND she doesn’t recall where?

I’ve known far too many sexual assault survivors to give this chick even a single ounce of credibility.

She, for pure political reasons, is using ACTUAL victims for political gain.

Shame on her and on those that likely talked her into it.

PERIOD.

If her name was never to be used, then why write the letter in the first place. We are dealing with a PhD, not a waitress at Joe’s Diner.

When examining decades old allegations, best to have a story that doesn’t change by the minute.
I said this when I first heard about the anonymous letter...

My first thought was Feinstein and democrats were being set up, by Republican operatives, dirty tricksters... to take the bait of their scam, making them look like idiots....in the end...

IF IT IS TRUE....

correct - "if" true.

but tell me please what the difference is between this and boys trying to get into girls pants, kinda thing. since we have no idea if this is true we have no idea how it went down, if it's true. so you're now making assumptions off speculation and only in the worst possible light so you can compare it to something harmless and call it not the same thing.

*if* even true at all.

i could just as easily say *IF TRUE* she was asking for it and changed her mind at the last minute and he obliged and drove her home and now she's upset for some reason and have just as much chance to be right as you.

*if* true.

If it wasn't important enough to report to the police 30 years ago why is it important enough to talk about today?

IF IT IS TRUE....

All that AND she doesn’t recall where?

I’ve known far too many sexual assault survivors to give this chick even a single ounce of credibility.

She, for pure political reasons, is using ACTUAL victims for political gain.

Shame on her and on those that likely talked her into it.

PERIOD.
you can rule political reasons out... she brought this out of her head in 2012 with a therapist and husband... she recently passed a polygraph on it.... she really believes it happened!

oh, she does recall where, the area of town, but not the person's name or specific address is what I heard...?

Forum List

Back