Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

Wow for once I disagree with you. Actually I agree about the cops but also have an issue with the disrespect blacks feel they should be allowed to give to cops.

I don't talk like that to cops and if I did I would expect trouble.

Do black people think white people get away with disrespecting cops? Because we don't.

for once?.....so you agree with dean that all republicans are like he says they are?...

If you mean stupid kaka poo poo yes.

Basic Common sense: Do what the cop asks you to do. You can always tell a judge about it later.
And that's what she said she was going to do........but she can't now, can she?
I wonder what a judge would have ruled?

Why was she in jail for 3 days? She should have been booked and released after posting bail. Why was she there 3 days? That's what I have a problem with. Had he just booked her then let her go she'd still be alive.

And I don't imagine the judge was going to be happy with her behavior or the cops.

Do you think she'd be rude to the judge? Cause that can get you 3 days for contempt. Stop having contempt for cops. I hate them too sometimes but sometimes I've been so happy to see them.

I know its hard to believe but if Sandra was being mugged or raped that cop would all of the sudden become her hero.
you know what bobo?.....if someone like dark fury had said what you just said a whole bunch of lefties here would have gotten all over the guy......you just did 6 straight post without 1 lefty getting on you and calling you a racist....
I want them to argue but I won't defend the cops. They need better training. I just can't defend her right to be a bitch. And if a cop says put out your cigarette do it. En

If a judge says stop talking or sit down do you remain standing and keep talking because its legal to stand and talk?
has nothing to do what i said....

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

Wow for once I disagree with you. Actually I agree about the cops but also have an issue with the disrespect blacks feel they should be allowed to give to cops.

Do black people think white people get away with disrespecting cops? Because we don't.

for once?.....so you agree with dean that all republicans are like he says they are?...

well that answered that....avoid answering, just like the guy....

Basic Common sense: Do what the cop asks you to do. You can always tell a judge about it later.

Why was she in jail for 3 days? She should have been booked and released after posting bail. Why was she there 3 days? That's what I have a problem with. Had he just booked her then let her go she'd still be alive.

And I don't imagine the judge was going to be happy with her behavior or the cops.

Do you think she'd be rude to the judge? Cause that can get you 3 days for contempt. Stop having contempt for cops. I hate them too sometimes but sometimes I've been so happy to see them.

I know its hard to believe but if Sandra was being mugged or raped that cop would all of the sudden become her hero.
you know what bobo?.....if someone like dark fury had said what you just said a whole bunch of lefties here would have gotten all over the guy......you just did 6 straight post without 1 lefty getting on you and calling you a racist....
I want them to argue but I won't defend the cops. They need better training. I just can't defend her right to be a bitch. And if a cop says put out your cigarette do it. En

If a judge says stop talking or sit down do you remain standing and keep talking because its legal to stand and talk?
There's a difference between what I say and what conservatives say. A black person would read my post and make a point back that I probably wouldn't disagree with them because I don't lack empathy.

Bottom line blacks think they have rights white people don't even have.

I don't think black society is hopeless. Conservatives do.

well that answered that....avoid answering, just like the guy....

I don't know what your asking harry.

There's a difference between what I say and what conservatives say. A black person would read my post and make a point back that I probably wouldn't disagree with them because I don't lack empathy.

Until a certain percentage of blacks stop with the attitude conservatives are right.

Until a certain percentage of blacks stop with the attitude conservatives are right.
Like I said before black people need to be retrained on how to deal with police. They keep saying to them I know my rights but everybody I talk to who knows the laws says the best thing to do is not say anything. So being a mouthy bitch or a****** isn't the right thing to do. I keep asking what the differences between a judge and a cop and nobody seems to answer. I say they both deserve the same amount of respect. When a judge finds you guilty do you run out of the courtroom? Then why do you run from the cops?

Like I said before black people need to be retrained on how to deal with police. They keep saying to them I know my rights but everybody I talk to who knows the laws says the best thing to do is not say anything. So being a mouthy bitch or a****** isn't the right thing to do. I keep asking what the differences between a judge and a cop and nobody seems to answer. I say they both deserve the same amount of respect. When a judge finds you guilty do you run out of the courtroom? Then why do you run from the cops?

You'll get the answer you're looking for from the majority of conservatives.
And the funny part is.... Chris Rock explains the white mans viewpoint quite clearly...

Rdean, she failed to follow the rules and she got what she deserved. Follow the rules and this sort of stuff doesn't happen

I'm 4 years old and have never gotten a movie g violation or been arrested. Why the cast majority of Americans can't say the same thing suggests to me that the biggest problem in thus country is likely it's citizens.
She didn't use a turn signal so she deserved to die. Never heard that "rule" applied to a white person, have you?

God but you're clueless! She took her own life. She went to jail because she decided to give a police officer attitude over a warning that she was being issued. Was it a ticky tack traffic stop? Getting pulled over for not signalling a lane change? Hell yeah, it was but that's what police officers DO! I'm making a guess that the area this took place in is being targeted by the police, which means they're stopping every vehicle that they can for whatever reason they can. I've been pulled over by the police many times in just the same way. They talk to you, ask you where it is you're going, check your info, then they issue you a warning and you're on your way. Is it a pain in the ass sitting there on the side of the road while they check you out? Hell, yeah it is but you're an idiot if you decide that the intelligent thing to do is to get in the cop's face for stopping you. Get this through your head...that cop isn't looking for YOU...he or she is looking for BAD GUYS DOING BAD STUFF! They ARE going to let you go on your way with a warning. They don't want to cite you! They don't want to arrest you! Look at it this way...if they see you again...they're probably going to remember you as that person who didn't come back with priors or outstanding warrants. You're one of the GOOD GUYS! The kind of people that police officers like!

Rdean, she failed to follow the rules and she got what she deserved. Follow the rules and this sort of stuff doesn't happen

I'm 4 years old and have never gotten a movie g violation or been arrested. Why the cast majority of Americans can't say the same thing suggests to me that the biggest problem in thus country is likely it's citizens.
Failing to follow the rules during a traffic stop is a capital offense.

And they wonder why I disagree with Conservatives!

Did you see the tape? The one the news is showing has cars there, then they disappear, then the appear out of nowhere again. It's like magic. I wonder if that is the same tape the FBI looked at?
Yes it is. The appearance is caused by the normal operation of the camera.

If she had not chosen to get high, she would never have been arrested. She would still have committed suicide though.

There is no indication that she was high at the time of the stop. You do know that thc can stay in your system for up to 30 days right?

She didn't use a turn signal so she deserved to die. Never heard that "rule" applied to a white person, have you?

God but you're clueless! She took her own life. She went to jail because she decided to give a police officer attitude over a warning that she was being issued. Was it a ticky tack traffic stop? Getting pulled over for not signalling a lane change? Hell yeah, it was but that's what police officers DO! I'm making a guess that the area this took place in is being targeted by the police, which means they're stopping every vehicle that they can for whatever reason they can. I've been pulled over by the police many times in just the same way. They talk to you, ask you where it is you're going, check your info, then they issue you a warning and you're on your way. Is it a pain in the ass sitting there on the side of the road while they check you out? Hell, yeah it is but you're an idiot if you decide that the intelligent thing to do is to get in the cop's face for stopping you. Get this through your head...that cop isn't looking for YOU...he or she is looking for BAD GUYS DOING BAD STUFF! They ARE going to let you go on your way with a warning. They don't want to cite you! They don't want to arrest you! Look at it this way...if they see you again...they're probably going to remember you as that person who didn't come back with priors or outstanding warrants. You're one of the GOOD GUYS! The kind of people that police officers like!
I've been pulled over and ticketed in speed traps. The point of those is to give you a ticket! She's lucky he wasn't just out fund raising. I know cops. Seargent says go out and write some tickets.

She was a dummy. And black people need to read your post 3 times then sleep on it.

Failing to follow the rules during a traffic stop is a capital offense.

And they wonder why I disagree with Conservatives!
Suicide

Did you see the tape? The one the news is showing has cars there, then they disappear, then the appear out of nowhere again. It's like magic. I wonder if that is the same tape the FBI looked at?
Yes it is. The appearance is caused by the normal operation of the camera.

If she had not chosen to get high, she would never have been arrested. She would still have committed suicide though.

There is no indication that she was high at the time of the stop. You do know that thc can stay in your system for up to 30 days right?
The whole she was high things pointless. I'm high right now. Been Hi for 25 years.

You'll get the answer you're looking for from the majority of conservatives.
And the funny part is.... Chris Rock explains the white mans viewpoint quite clearly...

I especially like the mad women advice...and the handy checklist at the end.

Ok. I agree up to the point the cop lost his shit. Even his boss said he didn't follow procedure. What was she arrested for?
The cop had all of the control. You can't arrest someone for being a smartass. That's on video as well. The cop has an obligation to be professional as well since it's being recorders and all. Otherwise he is a liability.
Why you all defer to the cops is beyond me.

First of all, why would any black person on the planet want to work and live in Texas only God knows. This is a state that murdererd a president, drug a black man behind a car and who houses the biggest idiots in politics, Bush and Perry....but with than being said, even if she did kill herself, she did so after being bullied and humiliated by some bully cop that don't like blacks talking back to them.......these bastards act like they own us. For once I would love to see some sorry as cop murder blacks over something more serious than nonpayment of child support, failure to signal, walking in the streets and not on the side walks or selling e cigs on a cornor....damnit

LOL..You might want to ask the crazy lady why she went to school at an all black college in Texas.
As i've said at least three times now..you dont break traffic laws in that area because they hand out traffic tickets like you've never seen.
And it makes no damn difference what color you may be.
She was about to get a warning and then went all stupid and ended up in jail.
You cant blame cops for her stupidity.

Sure you can. The cop has all of the discretion. They are supposed to be peace officers not agitators.

Ok. I agree up to the point the cop lost his shit. Even his boss said he didn't follow procedure. What was she arrested for?
The cop had all of the control. You can't arrest someone for being a smartass. That's on video as well. The cop has an obligation to be professional as well since it's being recorders and all. Otherwise he is a liability.
Why you all defer to the cops is beyond me.

You obviously CAN arrest someone for being a smartass! It happens every day. Does it get tossed out of court every day as well? Yes, it does. That doesn't mean that you haven't had your ass hauled to jail! My point was why are you even bothering to be a smartass in the first place? It's counter productive. You give an idiot cop the reason they need to arrest you. You make a good cop's shift worse than it needs to be. Being polite while interacting with a police officer isn't "deferring" to them...it's simply using your head.

Cop says get out of the car, you get out of the car. If the cop says stand on one leg and bark like a dog, you stand on one leg and bark like a dog.

If you take issue with it, remember it's being recorded, and sue them after the fact.

If the cop says stand on one leg and bark like a dog, you stand on one leg and bark like a dog.

Not gonna happen. If you want a police state, that's what you do. I don't want a police state.

Well then, give the cop a hard time, and go to jail. I don't care.
She didn't give the cop a hard time. He gave her a hard time.

The cop was certainly more unreasonable than she was.

Forum List

Back