Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

They should close down this jail already, because there are probably hundreds more that have been killed in this jail, and it has all been kept quiet. Let's arrest every policeman who works in this jail and promptly charge them with murder.

She wasn't killed she committed suicide

Big difference there

You imply there was no bullying behaviour and state the woman was being a complete bitch.

There is no diverting from his bullying behaviour while he violates her rights. His supervisor confirms it, the tape shows it.

There are two issues:

1) Her verbal behavior
2) Her refusal to put out the cigarette and get out of the car.

You want to go back and forth between them as if your making a statement on one makes a statement on the other. My position has been:

On 1 - The woman was a complete bitch to the cop

On 2 - I found the cop trying to pull her out of the car while being alone to be questionable. However, the woman should have cooperated on the scene and followed up later. Everyone knows cops videotape all this now.

What about that confuses you? Why are you unable to separate those discussions?

Here's the thing I see

If she would have just put out the cigarette he I get the feeling he would have most likely let her drive away with a ticket

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

Bad mix. Asshole cop, black woman with a bad attitude and a chip on her shoulder. Asshole cop arrests woman to teach her a lesson, woman with attitude ends up killing herself due to prior mental illness issues. Asshole cop, although not a racist, needs to be charged with false arrest. Woman with bad attitute unfortunately provides a good life lesson for public in general to cooperate fully and be amicable with police, and think about what comes out of your mouth because they literally have your life in their hands.

You imply there was no bullying behaviour and state the woman was being a complete bitch.

There is no diverting from his bullying behaviour while he violates her rights. His supervisor confirms it, the tape shows it.

There are two issues:

1) Her verbal behavior
2) Her refusal to put out the cigarette and get out of the car.

You want to go back and forth between them as if your making a statement on one makes a statement on the other. My position has been:

On 2 - I found the cop trying to pull her out of the car while being alone to be questionable. However, the woman should have cooperated on the scene and followed up later. Everyone knows cops videotape all this now.

Here's the thing I see

If she would have just put out the cigarette he I get the feeling he would have most likely let her drive away with a ticket

Or even a possible warning.

The woman in the cell by Bland said she committed suicide. Once again an epic fail because everyone jumped to conclusions before the facts came out, I would think you all would be tired (and embarrassed) by continually being wrong. See TrayGone and the Gentle Thug.

You mean white people covered their own and wonder why black people aren't buying it.

Not going to happen this time. This cop is definitely going down for violating this lady's civil rights.

I can't believe how restrained that cop was. If she had been white, it probably would have been a lot worse. You don't fuck with cops down here. Seriously. There are repercussions if you think they are wrong, but you don't take that up with them on the street. She was just belligerent and she lost it anyway, he did a great job keeping his cool with the whacked out ho

Dang nabbit, Double Wide, you j ust don't be messing with no police officer, Cleetus.

so in Wingnut world. Cliven Bundy points guns at Federal Agents, and he's a HERO!

Dylan Roof shoots 9 people in a church and he's treated with kid gloves. Can we get you something at Burger King, son?

But Sandra Bland talks back to Barney Fife, and she totally deserved to get man-handled.

You watch that video and you think the ... cop ... had the "bullying behavior?" You're not just biased, you're an idiot

Screaming at a woman "I will light you up!" is not bullying behavior, Double Wide.

This is why I love Libertarians. When it comes to validating their racism, they are all for an overreaching state. they just get upset when the State works in favor of the darkies.

Um, that's her right in a free Country, Mr. Libertarian Dude.

No, the cop escalated the situation, lied to his superiors about the arrest.

And now they are going to totally make an example out of him.

The woman in the cell by Bland said she committed suicide. Once again an epic fail because everyone jumped to conclusions before the facts came out, I would think you all would be tired (and embarrassed) by continually being wrong. See TrayGone and the Gentle Thug.

You mean white people covered their own and wonder why black people aren't buying it.

Not going to happen this time. This cop is definitely going down for violating this lady's civil rights.

Stop bothering me old fool. I'm tired of reading your garbage

I still would like to know why she was still in jail for 3 damn days. In Cook county, Illinois a few hours in Oconee county, South Carolina just one night to see the magistrate at 9 am.

Then maybe you shouldn't show up on a message board if you don't want your racism and stupidity contradicted.

They will probably welcome you with open arms on Stormfront.

Then maybe you shouldn't show up on a message board if you don't want your racism and stupidity contradicted.

They will probably welcome you with open arms on Stormfront.

What part of stop bothering me didn't you grasp, old fool? I don't take you serious anymore than I do any other left loon

You have an articulate and good looking black woman who probably came from up north some where and you have a very red neck white officer with that hickey kind of country accent. He's probably spent his entire life within 10 miles of where that incident took place. I bet he has a half dozen confederate T shirts.

For some reason, and you can see it here on the USMB, conservatives and right wingers believe you should just give up every right you have and instantly jump at what a police officer says, no matter the circumstances, or you get what you deserve. Especially if you are black, Hispanic, gay or some other minority. It's an example of the ultimate police state.

So he stops her for not using her turn signal. Of course she should use her turn signal, that's what it's there for. He should have just given her a ticket or a warning. And if it was some other white with that hickey accent, you know he would have only given a verbal warning if he had bothered to stop them.

And I'll tell you something else. I have relatives in the deep south that I spent some vacations and a couple of summers with growing up. I speak perfect "Yawl (or as some USMB members insist, "ya'll"), and I have been stopped because my license is from out of state and I just start talking Yawl and they suddenly talk very nice and have never given me a ticket.

Clearly that officer provoked her and escalated the situation with "put out your cigarette" and "step out of the car" and arresting her. It wasn't that he wanted her respect. He wanted her to cower and shuffle and she wasn't having it. So in his tiny and racist little mind, he was teaching her a lesson and it was within his right to teach her that lesson no matter what the actual law said because of who he was, the uniform he was wearing and who she was. In that part of the country, it's the "natural order" of things.

First of all, why would any black person on the planet want to work and live in Texas only God knows. This is a state that murdererd a president, drug a black man behind a car and who houses the biggest idiots in politics, Bush and Perry....but with than being said, even if she did kill herself, she did so after being bullied and humiliated by some bully cop that don't like blacks talking back to them.......these bastards act like they own us. For once I would love to see some sorry as cop murder blacks over something more serious than nonpayment of child support, failure to signal, walking in the streets and not on the side walks or selling e cigs on a cornor....damnit

LOL..You might want to ask the crazy lady why she went to school at an all black college in Texas.
As i've said at least three times now..you dont break traffic laws in that area because they hand out traffic tickets like you've never seen.
And it makes no damn difference what color you may be.
She was about to get a warning and then went all stupid and ended up in jail.
You cant blame cops for her stupidity.

Lets get this clear, we are not slaves, he is not some plantation owner who have ******* talking to him like they own us...this man is a public servant and whether or not she wanted to put out a damned cigerette or not is not the issue, the fact that this black person dared have a fuckin attitude with this white bastard is the issue.

He was polite until the wookie copped an attitude.
Once that happened he would have been a fool not to tell her to put out the cigarette because you never know what an agitated wookie might do.

Once that happened he would have been a fool not to tell her to put out the cigarette because you never know what an agitated wookie might do.

Yes, they've been known to rip people's arms out when they lose at holographic chess...

Oh, you werent' talking about actual Wookies, were you. You just think it's funny to call black women that.

Because you aren't even a tiny bit racist, not at all.

First of all, why would any black person on the planet want to work and live in Texas only God knows. This is a state that murdererd a president, drug a black man behind a car and who houses the biggest idiots in politics, Bush and Perry....but with than being said, even if she did kill herself, she did so after being bullied and humiliated by some bully cop that don't like blacks talking back to them.......these bastards act like they own us. For once I would love to see some sorry as cop murder blacks over something more serious than nonpayment of child support, failure to signal, walking in the streets and not on the side walks or selling e cigs on a cornor....damnit

LOL..You might want to ask the crazy lady why she went to school at an all black college in Texas.
As i've said at least three times now..you dont break traffic laws in that area because they hand out traffic tickets like you've never seen.
And it makes no damn difference what color you may be.
She was about to get a warning and then went all stupid and ended up in jail.
You cant blame cops for her stupidity.

Lets get this clear, we are not slaves, he is not some plantation owner who have ******* talking to him like they own us...this man is a public servant and whether or not she wanted to put out a damned cigerette or not is not the issue, the fact that this black person dared have a fuckin attitude with this white bastard is the issue.

She's dead, offed herself due to mental illness. Time to move on

Yes, they've been known to rip people's arms out when they lose at holographic chess...

Oh, you werent' talking about actual Wookies, were you. You just think it's funny to call black women that.

Because you aren't even a tiny bit racist, not at all.

I hate all idiots equally.

Forum List

Back