Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

I still would like to know why she was still in jail for 3 damn days. In Cook county, Illinois a few hours in Oconee county, South Carolina just one night to see the magistrate at 9 am.

She may have seen the judge yet hadn't posted bail.
She was charged for resisting arrest right? I never had that charge, but it seems minor and not a felony.

Husband said it's a Class A misdemeanor and usually a bail of $1,500- $2,000....that may vary from state to state

I still would like to know why she was still in jail for 3 damn days. In Cook county, Illinois a few hours in Oconee county, South Carolina just one night to see the magistrate at 9 am.

She was charged for resisting arrest right? I never had that charge, but it seems minor and not a felony.

Resisting arrest can be a misdemeanor or a felony.
Just depends on how much you resisted.

Husband said it's a Class A misdemeanor and usually a bail of $1,500- $2,000....that may vary from state to state

Unless of course she hit the cop while resisting. Then it becomes a felony.

He also said if she got snarky at her court appearance she probably got a high bail

Yeah, I don't know if she hit the cop though. My husband said if she hadn't got mouthy with the cop this wouldn't have happened

He also said if she got snarky at her court appearance she probably got a high bail

Oh i've seen that before.
I'll never understand the mentality it takes to be an asshole to the judge or the cops.
What exactly do these people think they gained other than a high bail,no bail or an ass whipping?
I mean really,how stupid do you have to be?

it's been 10 years since I got my butt locked up, but you only need 10% if I remember right.

it's been 10 years since I got my butt locked up, but you only need 10% if I remember right.

I think so, I've never been locked up....and never want to be locked up. That would ruin my day

Yeah, I don't know if she hit the cop though. My husband said if she hadn't got mouthy with the cop this wouldn't have happened

Oh no doubt it wouldnt have happened.
Like I said earlier,you dont break traffic laws in PV,anyone who lives in or around the area knows this.
She went to school there so you know damned well she was privy to this information.

You know what, I don't want to live in a world where they police arrest folks because they "got mouthy". It kind of contradicts that whole "Freedom" thing you right-wingers keep talking about.

You see, I do want the police to arrest murderers and rapists and theives. But arresting black lady because she "got mouthy"... that doesn't sound like something you do in a "Free" country.

I think so, I've never been locked up....and never want to be locked up. That would ruin my day
Hell where I live now they lock you up for the night for the stupidest charges, The last time I got locked up for was "breach of peace " what ever that means

You know what, I don't want to live in a world where they police arrest folks because they "got mouthy". It kind of contradicts that whole "Freedom" thing you right-wingers keep talking about.

You see, I do want the police to arrest murderers and rapists and theives. But arresting black lady because she "got mouthy"... that doesn't sound like something you do in a "Free" country.

Happens all the time, old fool. The lesson is don't get mouthy. Just take the ticket or the warning and you don't end up swinging in a cell. That is your lesson for the day

Oh no doubt it wouldnt have happened.
Like I said earlier,you dont break traffic laws in PV,anyone who lives in or around the area knows this.
She went to school there so you know damned well she was privy to this information.

Again, not seeing how any of us are any safer when we go around arresting people for minor traffic violations.

She didnt get arrested for a traffic violation. But you knew that.

Hell where I live now they lock you up for the night for the stupidest charges, The last time I got locked up for was "breach of peace " what ever that means

It's all a money game. Here they lock homeless people up for public intoxication, the fine is $75 or so many hours community service which they do cleaning public parks. You see lot's of homeless people cleaning up parks

It's all a money game. Here they lock homeless people up for public intoxication, the fine is $75 or so many hours community service which they do cleaning public parks. You see lot's of homeless people cleaning up parks

Yep,that can be said about most small towns.

Happens all the time, old fool. The lesson is don't get mouthy. Just take the ticket or the warning and you don't end up swinging in a cell. That is your lesson for the day

The point is, it shouldn't happen, and cops who abuse the public like that shouldn't be cops.

You might be happy living in a police state, I'm not.

The point is, it shouldn't happen, and cops who abuse the public like that shouldn't be cops.

You might be happy living in a police state, I'm not.

She got mouthy and resisted arrest. Don't arrest and you live in a lawless state.

yea I know, don't understand why someone don't clean up this out of control judicial system and go back to the constitution, hell they are using the civil court down here to lock away folks for 6 months for non payment of child support, no work release and no public defender because again they classify it a civil suit.

They get money from the feds for doing it, it's ridiculous.

Forum List

Back